IMG_1003 (resized).JPG
IMG_0276 (resized).JPG
IMG_0135 (resized).JPG
IMG_9897 (resized).JPG
IMG_8108 (resized).JPG
IMG_7905 (resized).JPG
IMG_7032 (resized).JPG
IMG_3064 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 5 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

FS: Magnificent Guns N' Roses in my home since 1998

Added: 2018-05-09 22:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 3 times (February 11th, 2019) • Ended: March 19th, 2019
Condition: HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only)

0 Pinsiders added this ad to their favorites.

Price

$ 7,600

Item description

Data East Guns N' Roses

In my home collection since 1998.

Positively fantastic condition. One of the nicest examples of a GnR in the hobby.

Prototype play field. (out lanes are different with text that was taken out of the game. Also text on some of the inserts is different)

Fully LED'd, lightly modded with easily removable mods (reproduction topper, guitar, sign, etc)

The Axl plastic is cracked, but comes with full set of new plastics.

Upgrades:
- Pinsound board (exact same songs, just sounds so much better with better source content)
- Flipper Fidelity speaker kit,
- Color DMD
- Widebody Invisiglass

Also comes with:
- Original Data East sound board
- Original Data East DMD
- Complete extra set of plastics

With ordinary player's condition GnR's with wear selling in the $5500 range, and this one coming with $1700 in real upgrades/extras (not counting the mods or topper) means I'd need to get $7900 for an outright sale.

Located in south Jersey near Philly. Have many references from pinsiders and a good number of Pinside members have seen and played this machine.

Item photos

IMG_9485 (resized).JPG
IMG_7180 (resized).JPG
IMG_5104 (resized).JPG
IMG_4940 (resized).JPG
IMG_4761 (resized).JPG
IMG_3993 (resized).JPG
IMG_1998 (resized).JPG
IMG_1709 (resized).JPG
IMG_1003 (resized).JPG
IMG_0276 (resized).JPG
IMG_0135 (resized).JPG
IMG_9897 (resized).JPG
IMG_8108 (resized).JPG
IMG_7905 (resized).JPG
IMG_7032 (resized).JPG
IMG_3064 (resized).JPG
IMG_4687 (resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Mojosan's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Mojosan's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Bryn Athyn, PA, US

6 months later
#2 5 years ago

What a beautiful game ..it’s so hard to put value on these games ..but I bet whom ever gets it will be happy

#3 5 years ago

honestly never saw one sale this high, but good luck mine will never leave

#4 5 years ago

Nice game. The outlanes on this game are in excellent condition; no wear visible. GLWS

#5 5 years ago

Slashes forearm looks like it's been touched up. If so, what this done by you or the previous owner?

snaroff

#6 5 years ago

Are regular GnRs selling for $5500?

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:Are regular GnRs selling for $5500?

ive seen several around 6

#8 5 years ago

Want to do one upgrade - would you go for a color dmd or pinsound if you could only do one?

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from loanguy7171973:

Want to do one upgrade - would you go for a color dmd or pinsound if you could only do one?

do both.

but seriously do both.

OK if you can't do both, no question pinsound.

#10 5 years ago

I'd actually start with the invisiglass. Which I did. You spend more time looking at the ball and play field than the DMD.

Pin sound is pretty cool for this game because the stock tracks do sound pretty crappy after a while

#11 5 years ago

I'd say do the Pinsound first. It's sounds dumb, but replacing the old recordings with the exact same modern recordings made a huge difference.

Color DMD is great and really pops in the black cabinet and head.

And there is a lot of glass so invisiglass is a huge improvement as well.

Looking back that's the order in which I'd do it....SO naturally on my machine I did it in the exact opposite order.

1 week later
#12 5 years ago

i have played this exact game and plays amazingly. is in beutiful condition. also great seller. good luck selling!

#13 5 years ago

Looks fantastic! Glws!

#14 5 years ago

Looks great!

1 week later
#15 5 years ago

Did you buy it from an original owner or was it routed for 4 years prior to you getting it?

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Slashes forearm looks like it's been touched up. If so, what this done by you or the previous owner?
snaroff

I don't know what you are looking at but it doesn't appear to be touched up to me. I have owned three of these and had to touch up all three. I don't see any wear on this one.

#17 5 years ago

I got it from the original owner in Philadelphia along with a HUO CFTBL which I foolishly sold a year later because I thought it was an old fashioned theme and not cool. :/

#18 5 years ago

Just seeing the other question. I did not touch up Slash. If you expand the pic you can see the same darker shading on Axl's face and on the thong girls leg.

It is a prototype playfield.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

Just seeing the other question. I did not touch up Slash. If you expand the pic you can see the same darker shading on Axl's face and on the thong girls leg.
It is a prototype playfield.

Data East prototype playfields are like tanks.
With proper care should stay clean and undamaged in a home for a lifetime.

#20 5 years ago

Such a beautiful game ..I have owened lah and jp ...and they where a lot of fun ..is gnr. Even more fun ?

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from spikelou2:

Such a beautiful game ..I have owened lah and jp ...and they where a lot of fun ..is gnr. Even more fun ?

I owned a gorgeous GNR and it lasted 4+ years. It's definitely one of DE's best games...

Quoted from Djshakes:

I don't know what you are looking at but it doesn't appear to be touched up to me. I have owned three of these and had to touch up all three. I don't see any wear on this one.

My mistake...I should have taken a closer look.

snaroff

1 month later
#22 5 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Are regular GnRs selling for $5500?

That's what I paid for mine last august. Every day it gets better to own! No regret at all at that price or quality of the game

#23 5 years ago

beautiful game. if i was in the market for a GNR, this would be the one.

#24 5 years ago

3 NIB games coming GnR gotta go.

#25 5 years ago

to anyone looking at this game it is absolutely flawless. no balls stuck in the sane places, no flippers sticking, no coils gone bad, ect. all shots are easily makeable. the sound is amazing with the pinsound. buyer will be very happy with purchase. good luck with sale robert.

#26 5 years ago

I sold mine one year ago for $6,400. Haven't compared the two, but mine was pretty gorgeous (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-guns-n-roses-18). With rumors that JJP is making a GNR pin, I'm doubtful prices have increased much.

#27 5 years ago

Price it to move and it will go. It is a very nice example.

Quoted from Mojosan:

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

I can see other games in your line up that I'd sell before cutting the G n R loose.......LOL. Anyways, good luck with the sale.

John

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fsot-magnificent-guns-n-roses-in-my-home-since-1998?hl=delt31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.