Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
southpark.png

There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago

I know who do.

#52 10 years ago

I would like to take this opportunity to donate to Pinside by donating 2% of the final sale price of the WOZ #686 to Pinside directly after the exchange.

Thank you Pinside!

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from ZippyThePinhead:

I don't think it helps our hobby to take advantage of one of them by selling them something that, as muttonboy put it, could potentially drop in value.

Zippy I respect you, but you are reaching brother!
Your argument is that Mutton is protecting newbies from the possibility a pinball machine could drop in value after they buy it? Really? Maybe robin should put a sticky on the top of the forum page warning all newbies of this potential danger.

What Mutton did and what I think you are wrongly defending was to say "WOZ is the ONLY game GAURENTEED to go down in value" how can he say that? He can't! It's a guess! I don't believe that he stated this was his opinion he stated it as fact... Does this help a newbie?

Would you like Mutton to jump on to your FT thread (link below) "my MOPLE for your BIBLE"
and say.... MOPLE is the only game GAURENTEED to go down in value?
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wtt-my-nib-mople-for-your-nib-bible-or-ltbr

Since you called Gweem out on owning WOZ i will also make a quick observation I noticed you cancelled/sold your WOZ order?

One last note about Guarantees...there is only one that can be made

The only thing "GAURENTEED" in this life is this moment right now!

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I noticed you cancelled your WOZ order

Not sure where you got that from...I have never ordered nor cancelled a WOZ order...why exactly would you think that?

Your argument is that Mutton is protecting newbies from the possibility a pinball machine could drop in value after they buy it?

That's not my argument at all...I was merely stating that anyone should be able to post their opinion on any thread as long as it is about the topic, without getting crucified for it. It is then up to the reader to take those opinions and decide which ones they believe are credible...add that to their existing pool of knowledge and then form their own opinion on the subject. My point was that newbies don't have the same vast "pool of knowledge" to draw from and depend on our opinions even more. Censoring some opinions could possibly make the newbies slightly more vulnerable than the rest of us.

And BTW, I agree with a lot of what you wrote in your previous post...

#55 10 years ago

Zippy my apologies I got you confused with another Pinsider "Zippydapinhead"
He is a really good guy and has a WOZ on order. My bad!

#56 10 years ago

Not sure where you got that from...I have never ordered nor cancelled a WOZ order...why exactly would you think that?

That's not my argument at all...I was merely stating that anyone should be able to post their opinion on any thread as long as it is about the topic, without getting crucified for it. It is then up to the reader to take those opinions and decide which ones they believe are credible...add that to their existing pool of knowledge and then form their own opinion on the subject. My point was that newbies don't have the same vast "pool of knowledge" to draw from and depend on our opinions even more. Censoring some opinions could possibly make the newbies slightly more vulnerable than the rest of us.
And BTW, I agree with a lot of what you wrote in your previous post...

Zippy you make some good points!
Sorry for the misunderstanding
Happy flipping

#57 10 years ago

ISWYDT

#58 10 years ago

No worries...

#59 10 years ago

[I See What You Did There]

...surely he wasn't insinuating that Zippydapinhead is a "really good guy" and I'm not...

You gotta love Pinside...it takes all kinds...

#60 10 years ago

[I See What You Did There]
...surely he wasn't insinuating that Zippydapinhead is a "really good guy" and I'm not...
You gotta love Pinside...it takes all kinds...

Nooooooo!
Not at all, as a matter a fact I haven't met a bad Zippy yet

#61 10 years ago

I just thought it was funny that it could be read that way.

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

the JJP games are all American

Of all the (predictable) noise on yet another FS WOZ thread, I'm surprised no one has challenged this nugget.

#63 10 years ago

Built in America but the parts aren't all made in.. All the metal,cabinet,wiring are made in America. The motherboard in Taiwan the CPU in South America the harddrive in Malaysia and the memory in china . Such is every other PC component on the planet.

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Of all the (predictable) noise on yet another FS WOZ thread, I'm surprised no one has challenged this nugget

They are assembled in America.

If you want to nit pick. Open up a Williams game, or Stern game. You'll find stuff from other countries.

We have a world market.

LTG : )

#65 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

They are assembled in America.
If you want to nit pick. Open up a Williams game, or Stern game. You'll find stuff from other countries.
We have a world market.

Not nitpicking. Just questioning the quote.

Thanks, Lloyd. You are indeed a loyal JJP employee.

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Thanks, Lloyd. You are indeed a loyal employee.

More than that.

Back when JPop posted on RGP about Stern looking to China for production and pinball should be a product of the USA. I pointed out that if you open up a CV or TOM and look at the boards, the IC's all have things on them like Taiwan, Indonesia, China, etc. etc.

So I'm a loyal Stern something or other too.

#67 10 years ago

...again, the quote I questioned was "The JJP games are all American".

anyway ...back to playin' some pinball!

There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fsft-wozecle-686/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.