DSC03069.jpg
DSC03072.jpg
DSC03066.jpg
DSC03067.jpg
DSC03064.jpg
DSC03065.jpg
DSC03059.jpg

#1 10 years ago

Just about finished with this WH2O I've been working on off and on now for about 8-9 months. I have a couple small things left to do before it's 100% finished but it's about 95% there right now (please ignore the mismatched left flipper, I'm waiting on another orange metallic one to come in). I started with a route beater and here is what was donet:

- New Doug Huse cabinet with v2 Next Gen decals and Stern metal cabinet protectors
- New Mirco playfield set with full set of Cliffy's installed (shooter lane, VUK drop and Disaster ramp). Also installed the Mantis lock target protectors
- New plastic set including new clear plastics from Pinbits
- New ramp set; New boulder set and Pinbits boulder protectors
- New translite. The original is in very good condition as well but had a dime size imperfection on it
- New coindoor assembly; custom Boulder shooter rod
- Upgrade all the usual cabinet/backbox plastic trim pieces with metal variants. Had all hardware powdercoated by Matt at Back Alley
- All new bigfoot assembly (motor, shaft, diverter). Installed Bumble figure and installed the Big Foot spot light mod
- Installed all new clear stand up targets, backlit with color coordinated LEDs. The LEDs light up when you hit the target.
- Had all the mountains and boulders custom painted and clear coated to be snow capped. The paint sparkles in the light as well and looks really nice
- Custom apron with light up windows. I'm still finishing up the lighting part. I haven't decided 100% what flasher to tie in to.
- All LEDs (GI and flashers). Unfortunately the camera isn't picking up the lighting as well as I'd like but I used different shades of blue LEDs throughout the playfield, especially on the mini playfield, that I think give it a really nice look.
- Flipper Fidelity speakers and sub
- Other random stuff: all wire harnesses removed and scrubbed clean. Majority of the switches/targets replaced with new ones. New lost mine popper, custom lighting throughout to highlight the mountains, other stuff I'm probably forgetting at the moment.

Here is a link to more (higher res) pictures. I will have many more in the next day or so (including under playfield, backbox, inside cab views, etc).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cheapedia/sets/72157639571087734/

Note: It does have the original topper in nice condition, I just haven't installed it yet. The only negative is one of the lamps on the right chaser board isn't working for some reason. It could be as simple as a blown transistor but I'm not 100% sure.

Like I said, I'm just about done with this and just have a couple things to finish up including some cool custom apron cards I'm making but wanted to post now to gauge interest.

Looking to get $8,250 OBO. Would also consider a trade for NIB/HUO Tron + cash or Avatar LE + cash. Located in MA and I can prep for shipping (via NAVL) if necessary.

DSC03059.jpgDSC03059.jpg
DSC03064.jpgDSC03064.jpg
DSC03065.jpgDSC03065.jpg
DSC03066.jpgDSC03066.jpg
DSC03067.jpgDSC03067.jpg
DSC03069.jpgDSC03069.jpg
DSC03072.jpgDSC03072.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Like how you painted just the top of the mountains, looks more realistic. Nice looking pin!

#3 10 years ago

Looks good. I like the custom painted mountains and the teal LEDs. Nice job, good luck with the sale.

#4 10 years ago

This is my WH20 Dream!!!!! I've always wanted to do this exact look for WH20, Nice Job!
Any chance you want to trade for my Orange IJ?

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-restoration-of-indiana-jonesthe-orange-edition

IMG_1751.jpgIMG_1751.jpg IMG_1752.jpgIMG_1752.jpg IMG_1750.jpgIMG_1750.jpg IMG_1754.jpgIMG_1754.jpg IMG_1755.jpgIMG_1755.jpg IMG_1753.jpgIMG_1753.jpg
#5 10 years ago

wow! both are awesome! nice work!

#6 10 years ago

Man.. those are two nice machines. May I ask what the led layout is in the WH2O back box? Can you tell me positions and types used in each area? Thanks

#7 10 years ago

WOW, that looks great. I have a HUO tron with EL wire, arcade mod and a few others, but I am afraid that shipping would probably kill the deal. Sweet looking game though. Nice job!!

#8 10 years ago

Nice touch on the mountains!

#9 10 years ago

wow...that wh20 is awesome

#10 10 years ago

I thought I had the nicest WH2O on the planet. I was wrong.

#11 10 years ago

Wow factor, PinballMike has a beauty as well…….

So its basically a beater turned Nib or better than Nib?

#12 10 years ago

Better than NIB Love how the mountains are snow capped too.

#13 10 years ago

Looks awesome! But the flippers not matching are driving me nuts! Lol GLWS!

#14 10 years ago

Thanks for the kind words everyone. It was a lot of work and by far the most in depth restore I've ever attempted but I'm pretty pleased with how it all turned out. It's nice when you envision something in your head and it ends up turning out the way you thought it would for the most part. Choggard, I agree with you on the mismatched flipper bats driving you nuts. I've been play testing for the past couple of days with just the one lower flipper as I wanted to hold out for the "correct" flipper to show up in the mail but just finally earlier today said screw it and threw another bat on there so I could at least play a "real" game.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Man.. those are two nice machines. May I ask what the led layout is in the WH2O back box? Can you tell me positions and types used in each area? Thanks

For the LEDs in the backbox, off the top of my head I used orange across the top and left hand side behind the mountains, cool white in the middle and blue across the bottom to match up with the raft. I used more blue originally in the middle but thought it was too much blue for my liking so I switched over to more white.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from eabundy:

Looks good. I like the custom painted mountains and the teal LEDs. Nice job, good luck with the sale.

Thanks Eric, yeah the teal LEDs look killer on this game but do not photograph well at all. I also used regular blue and turquoise but in the pics they all kind of blend together. In person they are much more distinctive.

#17 10 years ago

Absolutely stunning work. Thats one fine WH2O.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

For the LEDs in the backbox, off the top of my head I used orange across the top and left hand side behind the mountains, cool white in the middle and blue across the bottom to match up with the raft. I used more blue originally in the middle but thought it was too much blue for my liking so I switched over to more white.

Is there a particular style blue (4-led, ultra bright, etc) that you used? The blue just seems so intense! Thanks for the reply. Again... absolutely beautiful machine.

#19 10 years ago

Nice machine..
Where did you source the "Bumble" figure that would fit exactly?

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Is there a particular style blue (4-led, ultra bright, etc) that you used? The blue just seems so intense! Thanks for the reply. Again... absolutely beautiful machine.

I actually just used the Ablaze 1 LED frosted PBLife sells. They give a nice diffuse light.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

Nice machine..
Where did you source the "Bumble" figure that would fit exactly?

The closest Bumble figure size wise available is still much larger than the stock Big Foot figure so it requires a lot of cutting/tweaking to make it fit. Even then, it is a very tight fit with the glass on and just barely fits so you have to be careful when modifying/mounting it that you do it as low as you possibly can or you'll run into issues. The figure I got is still available on Amazon I think, as well as eBay and other sources I'm sure.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

#23 10 years ago

Seriously though, enjoy it.

#24 10 years ago

At some point, it'll make the rounds to you--shit, you know me.

#25 10 years ago

And now it's only one state over from me

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

Looks like you do now

Congrats!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fsft-wh20-bumble-edition and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.