9.JPG
8.JPG
7.JPG
6.JPG
4.JPG
3.JPG
2.JPG
1.JPG

There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 10 years ago

Bibbity bobbity price drop $5500

Still open to trades and willing to meet halfway to make a deal.

#52 10 years ago

I found out in my short time of being on pinside that the only people that bitch about the price are the only ones that are never interested in buying the machine. Seems like they can't overcome the fact that prices have went up sense they bought there first one 10 years ago.

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from mario_1_up:

I found out in my short time of being on pinside that the only people that bitch about the price are the only ones that are never interested in buying the machine.

How did you find that out ?

#54 10 years ago

Examples of what? If you think this is such a screaming deal, why do you just buy it and flip it?

Quoted from PinRaider:

Just checking back to see how many examples jalpert found.....

Have fun with the tire kickers.

Quoted from NightTrain:

LOL! Don't feed the fire Neil!

I've got a couple interested parties and a guy coming to look at it on Sunday.

#55 10 years ago

That's EXACTLY it! This is an EXCELLENT price for this example. I mean, it CAN'T be overpriced, right? It HAS to be those guys who are never interested in buying the machine just being all crazy, doesn't it?

Care to share any other nuggets of wisdom your short time on Pinside has taught you?

Quoted from mario_1_up:

I found out in my short time of being on pinside that the only people that bitch about the price are the only ones that are never interested in buying the machine. Seems like they can't overcome the fact that prices have went up sense they bought there first one 10 years ago.

#56 10 years ago

Seriously guys. Please just leave this as a FS thread. I'm dropping the price as needed til I sell it/trade it/keep it. Life is good.

#57 10 years ago

Bullshit. I would have left it alone if you weren't encouraging it. Congrats, your sales tactic ensures you will get absolute top dollar for this machine. You are a real asset to Pinside.

Quoted from NightTrain:

Seriously guys. Please just leave this as a FS thread. I'm dropping the price as needed til I sell it/trade it/keep it. Life is good.

#58 10 years ago

Yeah that's typically how selling things works...You start at what you think it's worth, if nobody buys, then the price comes down. Welcome to economics 101. Your instructor will be Pinitration for this semester.

Thanks bud. Have a great day!

#59 10 years ago

Sorry, I'm not stupid. Putting up a stupid high price, then saying OBO is essentially running an auction. You knew you had little to no chance of someone paying $6K+ and the blind auction begins as the offers come in.

No way I'm buying you thought this game is worth $6K+

Quoted from NightTrain:

Yeah that's typically how selling things works...You start at what you think it's worth, if nobody buys, then the price comes down. Welcome to economics 101. Your instructor will be Pinitration for this semester.

Thanks bud. Have a great day!

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from PinRaider:

You are right about that....but this pin is original.

Original with wire nuts in the back box

Just heads up to those uniformed, when you see stuff like this, you can assume you will find other short cuts as well. I have nothing to say about the asking price.....

#61 10 years ago

Bump

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

Original with wire nuts in the back box

Just heads up to those uniformed, when you see stuff like this, you can assume you will find other short cuts as well. I have nothing to say about the asking price.....

Plenty of pictures and if you read this thread, it's a switching power supply tapped into 5 volts. And he lowered the price $200 in case anyone that buys it wants to deal with it.

The TZ is in great shape. No reason to rain on the for sale thread.

LTG : )

#63 10 years ago

In all fairness i couldnt say anything about his lowered asking price without really looking at it. I did make a tasteless wise crack.., sorry about that

However, i stand by my statement that when you see one "rig", there are ussually more. Just something to consider and look for if someone where to go look at the machine. The machine does look to be in pretty good shape from the pictures.

#64 10 years ago

When you're selling a pin, it is the most beautiful pin in the world.

When you're buying a pin, suddenly you become CSI and see all these flaws here & there, and want to bring the price down. "Butbutbut that screw isn't tightened all the way! That's gonna hurt the price!".

Or you just want to yell that the price is too high and hope the seller brings it down due to peer pressure. You know what? Sell it for what you want. It's your choice as a seller.

#65 10 years ago

You aren't too far out of line. I bought a Twilight Zone that wasn't nearly as nice as yours for $5,500 with a MINT INDY 500. However, it wasn't even close to as nice and I valued it at about $4ish tops. I ended up trading it for a slightly above average SS (had cabinet fade on one side, some wear on the Spiderhole but a nice example). Now for my point. I advertised it on Mr. Pinball Classifieds for $4,500 and got A LOT of responses and it wasn't nearly as nice as yours (it had a screw in the playfield behind the flippers and a broken plastics and even a small hole where the diverter drops the ball and a lot of wear by where the ball is dropped into the left out-lane....and truly I disclosed everything and had multiple people wanting it for $4,500 just a couple of months ago). THAT IS THE GOOD so in my opinion yours has to be worth more then $5K based on my experience.

THE BAD....I just went out and bought a pin almost as nice as yours but will need a new board (game is re-setting now and then and a flipper re-build). No cabinet fade and nice playfield but MANY MODS (Robbie the Robot, Gumball, T-Bird, Rocket Ship, Led's in the clock and piano mod and a WHITE CLOCK (which some people like) and the price was $4,850 but I have to put $200-$250 into it....but it is not "quite as nice as yours...." but it does have A LOT of mods.

My feeling is $5K gets it sold quick.....you might do a little better. I drove 8 hours for mine (4 each way because it was a good deal) so again I feel $5K is about right and $5.5K if you had some of the more expensive mods (T-Bird, Robbie the Robot for instance.....the mods aren't cheap).

Good luck to you. People lately have been in a "bad mood" they all need to get used to it as I see pinball prices weakening not going up.....I have seen some weakening from when I started buying the first week in February until Now (I am getting much better deals now then 3 months ago)....but hey, I feel pinball machines should GO DOWN especially NIB's after they are played and the box is open and people sell them after 3 months.....that should be the "new playfield for buying pins" and it would slow down some of this speculation in my opinion and be good for the hobby !!

Take care and it will sell.....GREAT GAME and in nice shape.....you aren't that high....under $5K is way too cheap based on the responses I got for my game at $4.5K and yours is SO MUCH NICER !!!

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Plenty of pictures and if you read this thread, it's a switching power supply tapped into 5 volts. And he lowered the price $200 in case anyone that buys it wants to deal with it.

More than likely it appears there's an issue with the 5 Volts coming off the board and this power supply is now providing it. I've seen this before.

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Thank you very much Lloyd. I appreciate that.

Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

More than likely it appears there's an issue with the 5 Volts coming off the board and this power supply is now providing it. I've seen this before.

It's tapped into one of the plugs that goes to the driver board. I could get rid of it and fix what ever it is fixing, but I honestly just don't really have the time right now. I'm busy as hell with other things going on in life at the time. That's why I dropped the price. I would say about 1/2 the machines I've owned had obvious non factory fixes and/or wire nuts. They've never bothered me a bit as long as everything works 100%. I don't play my games with the playfield lifted of the back box open, so it's not an issue for me.

Bottom line on the sale on my Twilight Zone is this. I've been transparent as hell the whole time. I could have simply posted 1 pic of the machine and said it's minty PM me for more pics/details, but I didn't. I posted detailed pics and gave an accurate and honest description of the condition for the whole world to see. It's in super nice condition, but it's not "PERFECT" and I never said it was.

But no matter what, on this site, you always have those few guys that have to go and piss on the neighbors lawn. "Whoa dude, wire nuts. I'm freaking out man!!!!" or "Your price is too high!!!". I actually bought a 2 week old Tron pro recently for a very good price from a great guy and the seller got pissed on in his thread for selling it too low! I mean seriously, how can you possibly win!?!!?

If I knew what the absolute perfect price was for this machine to sell for, that's what I would list it for right of that bat. But that's just not how life works! Some people just want to bitch so someone will give them attention. And if those guys want to come and bitch in my FS thread, there's nothing I can do but shrug my shoulders and say thanks for the free bumps.

At the end of the day, this is a very very nice machine. I have it listed for what I personally think it's worth. I have owned 21 pins now and know how to judge the condition of a machine. I have this machine priced at what I think is fair based on condition. It's the cheapest TZ for sale on pinside right now. Can you find an fair/average TZ for $4500ish? It's rare but yes, sometimes you can if you're very patient. Can you buy the ones that are $6000, $7000, and $8500 on pinside? Sure ya can, they look to be nice machines. I have mine priced at $5500 now and I personally think that's a fair price for this machine.

If you don't like the price, and you're not interested in it, that's totally cool. If you need to tell me you don't like the price, that's cool too. Do it if it feels good. If you don't like the price, but you want to buy it, then make me an offer. That's totally cool too. I'm easy to deal with and I'm honest about every game I sell. Shit, if you want to just come have a few beers and play the thing before I sell it, that's cool too!

I don't work tomorrow. So now I'm gonna go pour myself a stiff cocktail (or 10) and do what I love to do....play some pinball!!!

Cheers

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I don't work tomorrow. So now I'm gonna go pour myself a stiff cocktail (or 10) and do what I love to do....play some pinball!!!

Cheers

Enjoy!

Your price is good to go, some Pinsiders just feel they should get whatever pin at bottom price. Its not wrong for them to want that, but to give you sh** for your asking price is childish.

Best of luck, hope you keep it, its rated #2 for a specific reason.

#69 10 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

It's tapped into one of the plugs that goes to the driver board. I could get rid of it and fix what ever it is fixing, but I honestly just don't really have the time right now. I'm busy as hell with other things going on in life at the time. That's why I dropped the price. I would say about 1/2 the machines I've owned had obvious non factory fixes and/or wire nuts. They've never bothered me a bit as long as everything works 100%. I don't play my games with the playfield lifted of the back box open, so it's not an issue for me.

Bottom line on the sale on my Twilight Zone is this. I've been transparent as hell the whole time. I could have simply posted 1 pic of the machine and said it's minty PM me for more pics/details, but I didn't. I posted detailed pics and gave an accurate and honest description of the condition for the whole world to see. It's in super nice condition, but it's not "PERFECT" and I never said it was.

But no matter what, on this site, you always have those few guys that have to go and piss on the neighbors lawn. "Whoa dude, wire nuts. I'm freaking out man!!!!" or "Your price is too high!!!". I actually bought a 2 week old Tron pro recently for a very good price from a great guy and the seller got pissed on in his thread for selling it too low! I mean seriously, how can you possibly win!?!!?

If I knew what the absolute perfect price was for this machine to sell for, that's what I would list it for right of that bat. But that's just not how life works! Some people just want to bitch so someone will give them attention. And if those guys want to come and bitch in my FS thread, there's nothing I can do but shrug my shoulders and say thanks for the free bumps.

At the end of the day, this is a very very nice machine. I have it listed for what I personally think it's worth. I have owned 21 pins now and know how to judge the condition of a machine. I have this machine priced at what I think is fair based on condition. It's the cheapest TZ for sale on pinside right now. Can you find an fair/average TZ for $4500ish? It's rare but yes, sometimes you can if you're very patient. Can you buy the ones that are $6000, $7000, and $8500 on pinside? Sure ya can, they look to be nice machines. I have mine priced at $5500 now and I personally think that's a fair price for this machine.

If you don't like the price, and you're not interested in it, that's totally cool. If you need to tell me you don't like the price, that's cool too. Do it if it feels good. If you don't like the price, but you want to buy it, then make me an offer. That's totally cool too. I'm easy to deal with and I'm honest about every game I sell. Shit, if you want to just come have a few beers and play the thing before I sell it, that's cool too!

Cheers

Well said!!! I think you have priced right IMO good luck with the sale.
Threads like this one make me hesitate to list a machine on a FS thread

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Cheers

10 drinks..... You going to have a stomach ache from all that Zima and Bacardi Razz.

#71 10 years ago

All the BS posts about this pin being over priced do is:

- aggravate you.
- discourage reasonable people from selling on Pinside.

I was going to list my TZ for sale, however after following this thread, I'm trying hard to sell it locally (even if I have to take considerably less $$, to avoid the drama).

Just blows my mind that people spend over 6-7k for unproven Stern titles, but belly ache about a proven A-list classic in great condition for 5-5.5k.

snaroff

#72 10 years ago

I wouldn't hesitate to list it here, Like OP says, people posting on his thread to B!tch just acts as a free bump. If someone wants the game, they will contact the OP.

GLWS, no clue on prices, but It looks like very nice shape. From my experience, Josh/OP only deals in Good to Excellent shape machines, deal with confidence.

#73 10 years ago

No Talking Tina autograph is a deal breaker for me.

#74 10 years ago

Still available

#76 10 years ago

Price drop - $5400

Still open to trades. PM if interested

#77 10 years ago

I'm gonna drop the price to $5250 and hold firm here.

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I'm gonna drop the price to $5250 and hold firm here.

Man I so wish I hadn't blown my pinball budget for the year so early. Looks like a sweet deal! GLWS!

#79 10 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Just blows my mind that people spend over 6-7k for unproven Stern titles, but belly ache about a proven A-list classic in great condition for 5-5.5k.

+1

#80 10 years ago

I would have been all over this two months ago. I found one locally but this deal looks like it beats the deal I got. Hope you sell it.

#81 10 years ago

pm sent

#82 10 years ago

Evening bump. Still available

#83 10 years ago

I want this. It is very rare to find a TZ that is covered in ugly mods. If the market wasn't so damn soft right now, I would sell a few machines to make it happen. Good luck with the sale

#84 10 years ago
Quoted from jewboyflowerhead:

It is very rare to find a TZ that is covered in ugly mods.

A back-handed compliment! LOL

#85 10 years ago

This has become a rich man's hobby full of asshats. Not all that much fun anymore. Now who wants to pay me 8 grand for my HUO TSPP?

#86 10 years ago
Quoted from jewboyflowerhead:

I want this. It is very rare to find a TZ that is covered in ugly mods. If the market wasn't so damn soft right now, I would sell a few machines to make it happen. Good luck with the sale

I'm guessing he meant to say it is rare to find a TZ that "ISN'T" covered in ugly mods. LOL!

#87 10 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I'm guessing he meant to say it is rare to find a TZ that "ISN'T" covered in ugly mods. LOL!

Yep, that's what I meant. One of the nicest TZs I've seen for sale in a while

#88 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

That's EXACTLY it! This is an EXCELLENT price for this example. I mean, it CAN'T be overpriced, right? It HAS to be those guys who are never interested in buying the machine just being all crazy, doesn't it?
Care to share any other nuggets of wisdom your short time on Pinside has taught you?

Bam. And that's what I'm talking about. Thank you for proving my point. I don't understand why if there is a site for people who enjoy pinball and want to talk about the hobby love that most of the threads wind up being a pissing match. By some keyboard badass.

#89 10 years ago

You should buy it jewboyflowerhead...you know I would buy atleast one of your games to help you fund the purchase

#90 10 years ago

One just sold on eBay for $4250 from Mankato.

#91 10 years ago

Que?

Quoted from mario_1_up:

Bam. And that's what I'm talking about. Thank you for proving my point. I don't understand why if there is a site for people who enjoy pinball and want to talk about the hobby love that most of the threads wind up being a pissing match. By some keyboard badass.

#92 10 years ago
Quoted from kcZ:

One just sold on eBay for $4250 from Mankato.

Nice. That's a really good deal. Hopefully it's nice and a fellow pinsider got it! I've always been scared of ebay pins. I've just heard too many horror stories.

#94 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

You should buy it jewboyflowerhead...you know I would buy atleast one of your games to help you fund the purchase

Fair enough, but I have raised my asking price to $5250. I will throw in a free Congo as well

#95 10 years ago

Few offers on the table, but still available.

Open to the following trades +/- cash:
LOTR
SM
TOM
ACDC
SS
TOTAN
STTNG
WH2O
IM
GNR
RFM
XMEN
BDK
TFLE
CP
FGY
TFTC
T3

#96 10 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Few offers on the table, but still available.

Now that is a flexible list! GL!

#97 10 years ago

Bump for a nice TZ...

h1971D283.gifh1971D283.gif

#98 10 years ago

The game has been sold. It's actually kind of a funny story. I was at Mortimers in Minneapolis today playing Metallica. There were two dudes that played right after me and we got to talking. They said they were on Pinside and we exchanged what we had in our collection. I said I had a Tron, POTC, and a TZ that I was looking to sell. I wasn't trying to sell it to them, I was just saying it was a game I wasn't really into and had it up for sale. They ended up wanting it. So they drove to my place and picked it up. These guys were in Minneapolis just to pick up a different pinball they bought here and decided to go play pinball before heading home. They came for one, but went home with two. Both guys were super good guys and easy to deal with as well. They can chime in if they'd like.

#99 10 years ago

Cool story! Congrats!

#100 10 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

The game has been sold. It's actually kind of a funny story. I was at Mortimers in Minneapolis today playing Metallica. There were two dudes that played right after me and we got to talking. They said they were on Pinside and we exchanged what we had in our collection. I said I had a Tron, POTC, and a TZ that I was looking to sell. I wasn't trying to sell it to them, I was just saying it was a game I wasn't really into and had it up for sale. They ended up wanting it. So they drove to my place and picked it up. These guys were in Minneapolis just to pick up a different pinball they bought here and decided to go play pinball before heading home. They came for one, but went home with two. Both guys were super good guys and easy to deal with as well. They can chime in if they'd like.

Let me guess... Pauly and Conrad??? guys are addicts also VERY good guys and straight shooters

There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fsft-twilight-zone-very-nice-in-mn/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.