9.JPG
8.JPG
7.JPG
6.JPG
4.JPG
3.JPG
2.JPG
1.JPG

There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 10 years ago

I picked up this TZ recently and the game just doesn't jive with me. I bought it from a guy who owned it for 15 years and it got very little play. It's very nice. The cabinet is in excellent condition. The right side has no fade, the left side does (see pics). The playfield is also in excellent condition. The board are all good and clean. The DMD is nice and bright with no lines out. The game is dialed in and works 100%.

I just finished shopping it out. New white rubbers installed, cleaned and waxed. I replaced all of the burnt out bulbs. A couple of switches were out and I replaced them. I replaced the sound board amp and the usual caps that go out. There is a switching power supply installed. I added the diverter magnet. I added the pinball life gum balls (I only filled it half way because I like the look, but I have the rest of the gum balls). I installed the latest ROM (9.4H). I replaced the "slot machine" target and "clock millions" target. I modified the "Load gum ball machine" sign bracket so you can see the ball feed out of the right orbit. I think that's it....

I would preferably like to trade for the following machines +/- cash:
LOTR
SM
TOM
ACDC
SS
TOTAN
STTNG
WH2O
IM
GNR
RFM
XMEN
BDK
TFLE
CP
FGY
TFTC
T3

Thanks for lookin!

1.JPG1.JPG 2.JPG2.JPG 3.JPG3.JPG

#2 10 years ago

More pics

4.JPG4.JPG 6.JPG6.JPG

#3 10 years ago

More pics

7.JPG7.JPG 8.JPG8.JPG 9.JPG9.JPG 10.JPG10.JPG

#4 10 years ago

Last one....it didn't load right the first time

5.JPG5.JPG

#5 10 years ago

Nice looking TZ dude! almost minty

I must say, TZ's artwork isnt the absolute greatest, but its the sexiest looking playfield of them all!

#6 10 years ago

Thanks man! I strayed away from using that word....there was a recent post for a minty TZ for sale here that erupted hahaha! It's not a perfect game, but it's super nice.

TZ definitely has an awesome play field. The art and toys are top notch.

#7 10 years ago

That is a nice looking game. Someday I will have one of those.

#8 10 years ago

Nice example GLWS.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

That is a nice looking game. Someday I will have one of those.

+1

#10 10 years ago

what's going on with the wiring in the backbox? Is that the power cord with twist nuts?

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from pinwillie:

what's going on with the wiring in the backbox? Is that the power cord with twist nuts?

Yeah it looks like there was a repair made. Everything works great!

#12 10 years ago

nice looking game! Out of curiosity, do you have any pics of under the playfield and inside the cab that you could post? Good luck with the sale.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from rad:

nice looking game! Out of curiosity, do you have any pics of under the playfield and inside the cab that you could post? Good luck with the sale.

I was lazy and didn't want to take the balls out to lift the playfield. If any potential buyer wants the pics of inside the cab and under the PF, just let me know.

Got a few offers so far, nothing solid yet.

#14 10 years ago

I'm dropping the price on this. $5950 OBO. I'd like it gone sooner than later

#15 10 years ago

I have seen and played this game and it is for sure HUO. You should at least put it in the title of your thread.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from PinRaider:

I have seen and played this game and it is for sure HUO. You should at least put it in the title of your thread.

LOL. I don't know if it is for sure, but either way it's really clean!

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from PinRaider:

You can't say a machine is HUO just because it looks like it. If he doesn't know for sure, he should not put it in the title.

You don't think a routed machine can be restored to look better than new?

#18 10 years ago

You might want to consider dropping the price a bit further if you want it gone. It's not hard to find a nice TZ without fade for $4K - $4,500. For $6K it better be decked out with mods.

Quoted from NightTrain:

I'm dropping the price on this. $5950 OBO. I'd like it gone sooner than later

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

You don't think a routed machine can be restored to look better than new?

You are right about that....but this pin is original.

Quoted from Eryeal:

You can't say a machine is HUO just because it looks like it.

Again you are correct. I was just trying to speak to the fact that this pin is almost perfect. Thank you very much for correcting me.

Mabey you could do a straight up trade for your MOPLE.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

You might want to consider dropping the price a bit further if you want it gone. It's not hard to find a nice TZ without fade for $4K - $4,500. For $6K it better be decked out with mods.

If you saw this machine in person, you'd agree it's worth what I'm asking. If you're not interested in buying it, I'm not sure why you are posting anything... please move along.

If you can find a TZ in this condition for $4500, I'll take 10. Just let me know. 1 Just sold for $5300 in a matter of hours, there are 2 others for sale, 1 at $8000 and 1 at $6000. My price is more than fair in this condition. Go $hit somewhere else.

Thanks!

#21 10 years ago

I doubt it.

Quoted from NightTrain:

If you saw this machine in person, you'd agree it's worth what I'm asking.

If you're not interested in opinions, keep it in the marketplace and don't post about it in the forums.

Quoted from NightTrain:

If you're not interested in buying it, I'm not sure why you are posting anything... please move along.

#22 10 years ago

You haven't seen it. How would you know??? Fu$%in troll...

#23 10 years ago

You dropped your heavily faded unmodded TZ to $6,000 and I'm the troll? Your game is really nice, but most TZ's are. They aren't like AF's that got beat to shit on location for years. Your playfield is a little better than average, your cab is a lot worse than average and your price is a lot higher than average. What am I missing?

Quoted from NightTrain:

You haven't seen it. How would you know??? Fu$%in troll...

#24 10 years ago

To Pinitration

Man relax dude and see what the pin is worth....don't resort to name calling. No-one can judge condition based on the pictures provided. It should be seen in person anyway when spending that much money. It may be worth more then you are asking to some and less to others.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

You dropped your heavily faded unmodded TZ to $6,000 and I'm the troll? Your game is really nice, but most TZ's are. They aren't like AF's that got beat to shit on location for years. Your playfield is a little better than average, your cab is a lot worse than average and your price is a lot higher than average. What am I missing?

You're missing the fact that you're not interested in buying, but you find some reason to come $hit on my FS thread. Seriously. Get a life dude. And by the way, it's listed for $5950 OBO. OBO means "or best offer", not sure if you were aware of that. I'm willing to negoiate. $5950 is a starting point. You started at being a troll, I started at $5950. You can continue to piss here, but I'm done with ya. Back to the FS thread now!

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from scottc:

Man relax dude and see what the pin is worth....don't resort to name calling. No-one can judge condition based on the pictures provided. It should be seen in person anyway when spending that much money. It may be worth more then you are asking to some and less to others.

Sorry.... whew.....

That stuff just grinds my gears. Just trying to sell a nice TZ here. If it sells, great. If not, I'll keep it. I'd still rather trade though.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from scottc:

Man relax dude and see what the pin is worth....don't resort to name calling.

+1.

#28 10 years ago

Not too shabby of a pin to "have to keep". I traded my first one and didn't miss it until a week went by without it. Had to get another. I think it is a pin that takes 50 or so plays to understand and get into. It's not like TAF where on the first game or two you have an understanding. That is why it did not do well on route.

GLWS/T

#29 10 years ago

So, my statements were accurate, the only thing missing was the fact that I'm not going to buy it? gotcha.

Quoted from NightTrain:

You're missing the fact that you're not interested in buying

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

So, my statements were accurate, the only thing missing was the fact that I'm not going to buy it? gotcha.

Well at least you let it go like a man.....

I really think this is a fair price on this pin. But if you dont why dont you show us some examples of 4-5k TZ's that are in the same shape. Or you could just sit back and tell us some stories of how you bought this pin or that pin for $1000 in 2007.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

If you're not interested in buying it, I'm not sure why you are posting anything... please move along.

Now wouldn't that be nice! I agree 100%! If you not interested in buying just move along! Some just can't help themselves unfortunately...

#32 10 years ago

If it were just some of the more outrageous threads (with misrepresentations of condition or prices that are clearly out of line) I could see, but it's EVERY thread where price is even arguably high that gets attacked and it's the same people that want to chime in to "protect" people. It even happens with pins that are smack dab in the average selling price.

Due to the above, to me, it comes off more as a few people trying to talk the market down because they're unhappy with actual market forces than people who are concerned with protecting ignorant buyers.

That, and the WAY IT'S DONE rubs me the wrong way. Do these people run around Allen Town and accost the sellers there when they're talking to potential purchasers? Do they jump up in the middle of public auctions and scream that the price is too high? No, because it's just impolite and socially unacceptable to act like that. But since we're on the internet people do it with impunity. If people really care so much about the "community" why not try to start treating others with a little more respect? There are more well-mannered ways to approach it.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Sorry.... whew.....
That stuff just grinds my gears. Just trying to sell a nice TZ here. If it sells, great. If not, I'll keep it. I'd still rather trade though.

Looks like a great example @ a very fair listing price. I own a beauty, or I'd be interested. I passed the info to a collector friend who might contact you.

snaroff

#34 10 years ago

Well said Jam_Burglar, well said. I often get peeved by high prices on pins, but I always try to list and sell my pins for a fair price. I don't try to take people to the cleaners, and I'm not looking to get rich. This game is nice, so it's priced accordingly.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Looks like a great example @ a very fair listing price. I own a beauty, or I'd be interested. I passed the info to a collector friend who might contact you.

snaroff

Sounds good man. I'm always willing to negotiate too. Thanks!

#36 10 years ago

Update: LTG let me know that those wires in the back box run to a switching power supply. I didn't know that that little box in the bottom of the cabinet was not factory. Just want to post this here so everything is transparent as possible. Everything works 100%.

Also, I'm just gonna drop the price 1 more time to help anyone out with shipping. $5700 takes it. I can ship via NAVL if needed.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Update: LTG let me know that those wires in the back box run to a switching power supply. I didn't know that that little box in the bottom of the cabinet was not factory. Just want to post this here so everything is transparent as possible. Everything works 100%.
Also, I'm just gonna drop the price 1 more time to help anyone out with shipping. $5700 takes it. I can ship via NAVL if needed.

Interesting. Can you shoot some pics of inside the cab and under the playfield?

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from PinRaider:

Mabey you could do a straight up trade for your MOPLE.

Haha - throw in an AFM and we're full speed ahead!

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from rad:

Interesting. Can you shoot some pics of inside the cab and under the playfield?

You got it man. I'll post them here tonight. I'm at work now.

#40 10 years ago

Hey there.. I'm interested. Do you want to email me here, or connect on the phone? Unfortunately I live in Canada. Any possibility of shipping there?

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from scootz:

Hey there.. I'm interested. Do you want to email me here, or connect on the phone? Unfortunately I live in Canada. Any possibility of shipping there?

Send him a pm(private message). Click on it over his avatar.

#42 10 years ago

Thanks for the tip!

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from scootz:

Yeah I can ship it. PM sent

#44 10 years ago

Can you shoot some pics of inside the cab and under the playfield?

Here ya go bud.

11.JPG11.JPG 12.JPG12.JPG

#45 10 years ago

Just checking back to see how many examples jalpert found.....

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from PinRaider:

Just checking back to see how many examples jalpert found.....

LOL! Don't feed the fire Neil!

I've got a couple interested parties and a guy coming to look at it on Sunday. We'll see what happens. I'm gonna play it a bunch tonight, because like all of the others, I'm sure I'll miss it when it's gone.

#47 10 years ago

Clay (pinball ninja) had one listed about a month ago for $4500. Decent one sold on eBay for just over that at the same time.. Plenty of examples. Who's the guy on here that sold a nice one with new ( uninstalled) playfield about 6 months ago? Doughslinger sold a really nice one for 5500, iirc. Pin side tax did not apply to those.

#48 10 years ago

I've listed pins too high before and brought the price down til it sells. I've also listed pins too low and they've sold in under an hour (oops, too low!). It's hard to find the right starting point without pissing off some people. I love this website. It makes me laugh all day long! But I do love all of the free bumps from people that think a pin is priced too high. Then you get a fair offer and sell it, all because the FS post was bumped to the top all day.

Quoted from kcZ:

Doughslinger sold a really nice one for 5500

Aaaannnnnddddd what am I asking? $5700 "OBO" for a really nice one. Sounds like I'm just about right! Thanks for the reassurance. Cheers!

#49 10 years ago

What is the power supply in the bottom controlling?

#50 10 years ago

Condition of yours about in line with Clay's, IMHO. Plus, Clay did not have any hacks.

There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fsft-twilight-zone-very-nice-in-mn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.