• Latest reply 11 years ago by kyle051777
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0467_(800x533).jpg
image.jpg
There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 11 years ago

I guess I stand corrected.

Congrats on your deal.

#52 11 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

As soon as Eli's kit comes out for tron pro, TRON LE will be much harder to sell for 11k. From the look of Eli's kit It looks to be even better than the original el wires in le. I would sell your TRON LE games before his kit comes out!

Why would I want the kit when I have the real thing? ...I don't get the DAFT PUNK ramp rules (Extra ball/End of Line Multiball) in the Pro. I don't get the drop targets or moving Recognizer with the Pro. I'd rather have Lyman's ramp light shows in sync w/ the game vs. the Pro kit. I'm glad you can pretty up a Pro, but I'm not gonna downgrade.

#53 11 years ago

Rarehero, that doesnt make any sense to what I just said. All I was saying is I think it will be harder to move a tron LE at a higher price tag once Eli's Kit comes out. Just my prediction.

I wasn't referring to anyone downgrading a machine. Don't know where that came from at all.

#54 11 years ago

Rarehero, that doesnt make any sense to what I just said. All I was saying is I think it will be harder to move a TRON LE at a higher price tag once Eli's Kit comes out. Just my prediction.
I wasn't referring to anyone downgrading a machine. Don't know where that came from at all.

Ah....sorry about that - I thought you meant that we should sell our Tron LEs and get a pimped out Pro. Yeah, I suppose if you're just gettin' out of the Tron biz, dump it now lol...but who knows, I think it will always be desirable.

#55 11 years ago

Tron is currently my favorite Stern game to date next to ACDC. Fantastic Game. Just added the new arcade mod and loving it!

#56 11 years ago

I noticed quite a few of TRON LEs are offered for sale lately. Coincidence? I dunno. If I had a LE, I would consider selling now while it still fetches 10-11K. I don't want to wait to see how the market value will be affected when this comes out:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wthack-tron-pro-near-98501/page/10

#57 11 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

I noticed quite a few of TRON LEs are offered for sale lately. Coincidence? I dunno. If I had a LE, I would consider selling now while it still fetches 10-11K. I don't want to wait to see how the market value will be affected when this comes out:

Again, the LE will still be Limited and different. Regardless, if the value goes down, I think it will always sell for more than most people bought them for.

#58 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Again, the LE will still be Limited and different. Regardless, if the value goes down, I think it will always sell for more than most people bought them for.

No argument there.

#59 11 years ago

As soon as Eli's kit comes out for tron pro, TRON LE will be much harder to sell for 11k. From the look of Eli's kit It looks to be even better than the original el wires in le. I would sell your TRON LE games before his kit comes out!

I didnt trade it cause I was worried about the value dropping after a kit comes out (even though I have my doubts it will ever be as well integrated as the LE ramps). I traded it cause I prefer the gameplay of AFM to it & cant wait the get a AFM back in the lineup & this was the one that enabled me to get that done. Tron is a fun game but I much prefer the gameplay of ttack.

#60 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I didnt trade it cause I was worried about the value dropping after a kit comes out (even though I have my doubts it will ever be as well integrated as the LE ramps). I traded it cause I prefer the gameplay of AFM to it & cant wait the get a AFM back in the lineup & this was the one that enabled me to get that done. Tron is a fun game but I much prefer the gameplay of ttack.

AFM is such an incredible game as well! If I ever got a AFM I don't think I would ever sell it. Same with MM.

#61 11 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Like Greg said you still dont get many things on the Pro that the LE gives you. Plus the playfield clear is much nicer on the LE. I can only speak for myself but the kit coming out soon had nothing to do with me selling.

#62 11 years ago

I would probably trade my modded pro+cash for a LE if it was in fantastic shape. I love the game/theme and would never sell it. Not going to rush into it but if the right deal comes along I would swap. Congrats Steve hope it works out for you.

#63 11 years ago

If you own a Tron LE and love playing it, I wouldn't sweat valuations. Enjoy it for years and when you tire of it, sell it, its worth what its worth at that point in time. If that amount is less than what you paid, then consider that the nominal cost of enjoying the game for all those years, if more then all the better. We tend to fret and worry over valuations too much and it spoils the enjoyment.

#64 11 years ago

ANOTHER one popped up today for 11,500 - haha shazam! That's like 4 within a week. Wonder why it is getting dumped? holiday cash maybe? I hope it is XMen code update...bwahahaha.

#65 11 years ago

I think the TRON LE is a special game and certainly has its market. I also think it great that they made multiple runs of the Pro and they are so many DIY mods out there. Its perfect for hobbyists. Like the game and its high price or not, it was a major freakin' home run for Stern pinball. Good for them!

#66 11 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

ANOTHER one popped up today for 11,500 - haha shazam! That's like 4 within a week. Wonder why it is getting dumped? holiday cash maybe? I hope it is XMen code update...bwahahaha.

People are just testing the market, nothing more. They figure if they can get that insane amount they will sell and buy it back cheaper. No Tron LE's are SELLING for that kinda money but why not try?

#67 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Why would I want the kit when I have the real thing? ...I don't get the DAFT PUNK ramp rules (Extra ball/End of Line Multiball) in the Pro. I don't get the drop targets or moving Recognizer with the Pro. I'd rather have Lyman's ramp light shows in sync w/ the game vs. the Pro kit. I'm glad you can pretty up a Pro, but I'm not gonna downgrade.

I agree Greg. While his kit does offer different lighting effects like independent lighting I would never consider selling my LE for a pro (actually sold my Pro for a LE). And the LE lights are part of how the LE was designed at the factory and make it unique, just like the BSM backglass.

For all we know Eli's kit might increase the price of the Pro and LE together. If the demand for Tron Pro goes up due to Eli's kit, then the price of the Pro's will likely increase. If moded pro's keep creeping up and up then people might not mind spending a little more for the LE. I think the last moded pro (BR's) sold for $6.5-7K and that does not even include Eli's kit.

#68 11 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

I tried to purchase Black Rose's Tron Pro for 6800 and wasnt not able to purchase it so I think 7k is not to far away for a really nice modded to the max. I dont htink you can find many Pros new in box for under 5k now.

I could have had one delivered NIB for $4,800 two weeks ago. They were available readily until then. Now I think the final games available from the latest runs (I'm sure some are hoarding) have been sold.

In terms of mods, I'm sure you can add $2k in mods to any game....so if that makes the price $6,800 so be it. For someone wanting to do that anyway...buying it already done is a shortcut that makes perfect sense. But let's be clear....it's not the Tron commanding the premium coin...it's the mods. A HUO Tron is in the mid 4's outside of crazy town.

#69 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

That's funny, I did the opposite....I got a AFM and was totally bored of it really fast, but kept daydreaming about the amazing gameplay of Tron LE. Sold the AFM, bought the Tron LE...end of story.

#70 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That's funny, I did the opposite....I got a AFM and was totally bored of it really fast, but kept daydreaming about the amazing gameplay of TRON LE. Sold the AFM, bought the TRON LE...end of story.

I guess that's why they make so many different games. Tron sounds great and had a really nice light show but it still seemed the same to me as when I had it before, To right flipper dominant. I'm glad those that have it enjoy it and I do like playing it but it just falls a touch short if games like ACDC n AFM.

#71 11 years ago

Wow BR sold his already? All that modding and bragging...and sold. LOL. Wow. BR if you are coming to TPF, we've gotta meet up man, you're a real character!

#72 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Wow BR sold his already? All that modding and bragging...and sold. LOL. Wow. BR if you are coming to TPF, we've gotta meet up man, you're a real character!

I'm pretty sure that what he does-mods them and sells them. Smart thing- he has detailed posts so everyone is along for the ride. Doesn't even have to put a "FS" in there.

#73 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I guess that's why they make so many different games. Tron sounds great and had a really nice light show but it still seemed the same to me as when I had it before, To right flipper dominant. I'm glad those that have it enjoy it and I do like playing it but it just falls a touch short if games like ACDC n AFM.

It's pretty clear you only like games with the same general design. Figure 8 ramp combo flow with pops in the upper right. If you trade Tron for AFM, your 4 games are relatively identical in the physical sense. Spidey's got a 3rd flipper though, you might have to bail on that one for a MM to complete the Ultimate Smassa Collection!

#74 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's pretty clear you only like games with the same general design. Figure 8 ramp combo flow with pops in the upper right. If you trade Tron for AFM, your 4 games are relatively identical in the physical sense. Spidey's got a 3rd flipper though, you might have to bail on that one for a MM to complete the Ultimate Smassa Collection!

Had a nice MM. SM plays better to me. But who knows there may be another MM In the future. Have my eyes on a HUO SS next though.

#75 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Had a nice MM. SM plays better to me. But who knows there may be another MM In the future. Have my eyes on a HUO SS next though.

See!?!?!? Nothin' wrong with liking what you like - but I'm going to have to take your reviews and opinions of other games with a grain of salt considering you're EXTREMELY partial to games with identical design theory.

#76 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

See!?!?!? Nothin' wrong with liking what you like - but I'm going to have to take your reviews and opinions of other games with a grain of salt considering you're EXTREMELY partial to games with identical design theory.

It is what it is I guess. I guess I'm not the only one though since 4 of the top 6 games in the top 100 all fall into this category.

#77 11 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I could have had one delivered NIB for $4,800 two weeks ago. They were available readily until then. Now I think the final games available from the latest runs (I'm sure some are hoarding) have been sold.
In terms of mods, I'm sure you can add $2k in mods to any game....so if that makes the price $6,800 so be it. For someone wanting to do that anyway...buying it already done is a shortcut that makes perfect sense. But let's be clear....it's not the Tron commanding the premium coin...it's the mods. A HUO Tron is in the mid 4's outside of crazy town.

You said it perfectly doing all the mods take time that could be used doing other stuff, sometimes its fun and sometimes it fustrating. I got one for 4800 shipped and was trying to take the shortcut with the mods.
I also think Teekee is correct as I sold for LE Tron for the more realistic price of 9k with almsot every mod intact except topper.

#78 11 years ago

Our numbers were side by side on the line. Just noticed mine was 367 and was sold to California. Now If I just get NAVL to come back and pickup. Wasnt here when they tried the first time after waiting almost all day. Good luck with you sale!

IMG_0467_(800x533).jpgIMG_0467_(800x533).jpg

#79 11 years ago

I'm glad you made the trade, Steve. Really, really glad you made the trade.

#80 11 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

But is he?

#81 11 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I bet you are....Now get to work!!! What do you think it is the holiday season or something???

#82 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I bet you are....Now get to work!!! What do you think it is the holiday season or something???

I just posted a WTB restorable AFM ad. Wish me luck.

#83 11 years ago

TRON LE is good. Its not worth $6k more than a PRO good though.

Sorry as I just do not see it. If the PRO's sit at 6K the LE should sit around 9K. Sorry I just do not see 11K.

I have a PRO modded out and regret not spending the 5500 to buy the LE.

#84 11 years ago

I am glad you made the trade as well

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fsft-tron-le-366/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.