(Topic ID: 15708)

FS/FT SST. FINAL reduction to 1600!!!!!!!!! ((((GAME HAS BEEN SOLD))))

By Hawkeyepin

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Located in Des Moines Iowa. Full of LED's. ALL plastics intact. Plays super-fast. Great looking playfiend. Cabinet good. No flipperwear. Was home use for 10 years before I got it. Very clean interior. Comes with manual, SST key, bunch of original bulbs and a couple extra leds. All bugs and toys look great. DMD is great.

Pictures in marketplace section originally listed for 1800.

If you are looking for a prime condition SST then this is it. It has not been on route forever or beat on in any way. Check out what other players have been saying about the gameplay recently!!!!!

If you are interested in a trade +/- cash please let me know what you have.

#2 11 years ago

Sent to friend

#3 11 years ago

Thanks northvibe. PM sent.

#4 11 years ago

Hah, beat me to it northvibe

#5 11 years ago

I just love screaming alien bugs!

#6 11 years ago

Good price for a very underrated machine. Play, music and light show are all top notch.

#7 11 years ago

Thanks for the interest so far guys. I appreciate the speedy emails.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

I think he's just saying that to drive the price up on me!

Haha, just kidding.

#9 11 years ago

Ha. But in all seriousness, I just picked up my first SST and did a full tear down / shop out and I REALLY enjoy the game! Bang for your buck, I would I highly recommend it!

(and the fact he already shopped it out with LED's e.t.c. will save you a good 10 hours of your life removing / re-installing ramps!)

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

(and the fact he already shopped it out with LED's e.t.c. will save you a good 10 hours of your life removing / re-installing ramps!)

Amen to that.. what a real pain in the ass!!

#11 11 years ago

I left the ones on the left side of the ramp because my purple alternative led looked like hell. The resst of them did take awhile to be sure. Fattrain I used blue 3 prong led's under the "BUG" section and the orbit lights. I've got color changing leds behind the cannons which looks pretty cool. The rest of them I just bought LEDS to match the playfield and I think it looks pretty good. I put some superbrights underneath the pop up brain bug (red and green) to give it a more alien look. I found a burned out flasher so I'll be changing that tonight.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from tonymiddendorf:

Hawkeyepin said:

Haha, just kidding.

Lol! I should have said thanks for such quick trade offers. All three pins I've never played before which kind of shocks me. Looks like I'll be hitting you tube tonight and trying to figure out if they look like something I'd be interested in.

#13 11 years ago

I'd love to see a pic of this all lit up for some inspiration if you're willing!!

Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

I left the ones on the left side of the ramp because my purple alternative led looked like hell. The resst of them did take awhile to be sure. Fattrain I used blue 3 prong led's under the "BUG" section and the orbit lights. I've got color changing leds behind the cannons which looks pretty cool. The rest of them I just bought LEDS to match the playfield and I think it looks pretty good. I put some superbrights underneath the pop up brain bug (red and green) to give it a more alien look. I found a burned out flasher so I'll be changing that tonight.

#14 11 years ago

northvibe said:Sent to friend

Quoted from jonogo:

Hah, beat me to it northvibe

haha the way Tony loved this at BB, I had to! we were playing and he was telling me about the head crab and I'm like...what?! when ?!? then he played a game and BAM I was screaming and we had a good time. I couldn't hit crap on it but Tony was a super star.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

tonymiddendorf said:Hawkeyepin said:
Haha, just kidding.
Lol! I should have said thanks for such quick trade offers. All three pins I've never played before which kind of shocks me. Looks like I'll be hitting you tube tonight and trying to figure out if they look like something I'd be interested in.

Not sure if I've ever watched a video for SF II (or if there's one out there), but you should know that after you 'defeat' each character, the DMD displays your choice of two modes, then you select which one you want with your flipper. I know sometimes gameplay video doesn't show the DMD, so that's just a heads up!

It must be kind of nice having a bunch of pins thrown at your feet saying "choose me! choose me!"

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

tonymiddendorf said:northvibe said:Sent to friend
jonogo said:Hah, beat me to it northvibe
haha the way Tony loved this at BB, I had to! we were playing and he was telling me about the head crab and I'm like...what?! when ?!? then he played a game and BAM I was screaming and we had a good time. I couldn't hit crap on it but Tony was a super star.

Yeah, I always wanted a SST, and I missed out on one a few months ago because I didn't have the $$$. I had never even played it until this weekend, and I loved it! Super fast, not overly complex, but not just mindless flipping either. That small flipper definitely bugs you until you get used to it!

#17 11 years ago

OK, What's SST?

#18 11 years ago

star ship troopers. The first time I saw that pink flipper I figured the original must have broke off. It seems so out of place.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

star ship troopers. The first time I saw that pink flipper I figured the original must have broke off. It seems so out of place.

I think it's to remind the player it's actually there.. you get more points if you use it (like Demoman's triggers).

- B

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from cowman57:

OK, What's SST?

Also goes by the abbreviation ST, FYI.

LOL, OMG, NVM, IMHO, BRB.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

vicjw66 said:star ship troopers. The first time I saw that pink flipper I figured the original must have broke off. It seems so out of place.
I think it's to remind the player it's actually there.. you get more points if you use it (like Demoman's triggers).
- B

REALLY??! oh i never knew that!! I thought it was so funky...then using it was kinda fun

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Ha. But in all seriousness, I just picked up my first SST and did a full tear down / shop out and I REALLY enjoy the game! Bang for your buck, I would I highly recommend it!

Not really. It would be a ton of EXTRA work for me, tearing everything down to remove the goddamned LEDs and replace them with bulbs. (Had to do that with my WWF RR and it was a PITA)

#23 11 years ago

Also goes by the abbreviation ST, FYI.

Normally when I hear that I think of Startrek and it is searchable by SST on IPDB.org so I use that.

Quoted from StevenP:

Not really. It would be a ton of EXTRA work for me, tearing everything down to remove the goddamned LEDs and replace them with bulbs.

All GI bulbs and some controlled lamps are actually staple/wire braided into the PF and can only be accessed from the topside UNDER the ramp system. It's something you don't want to have to replace often so even if you're an LED hater, it might be worth getting frosted warm whites just so you don't have to do massive tear-down's in the future to change a single bulb... Just my 2 cents.

#24 11 years ago

A

Quoted from StevenP:fattrain said:

Not really. It would be a ton of EXTRA work for me, tearing everything down to remove the goddamned LEDs and replace them with bulbs. (Had to do that with my WWF RR and it was a PITA)

A purist! That's cool. My personal taste is that this is a sci-fi game and the leds add an extra futuristic pop to the game. I was under the impression they were less hard under the playfield but could be wrong.

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Normally when I hear that I think of Startrek and it is searchable by SST on IPDB.org so I use that.

I agree- I like SST better.

#26 11 years ago

Thanks for the trade offers, I looked all of them up on you tube last night and I don't think they're something I'm interested in at this point. I would be interested in a Black Rose, WCS, Congo, FH, Class of 1812 and possibly some others I haven't played. Thanks guys!

#27 11 years ago

Thanks for the quick reply, Hawk.

After the new home purchase, I'm hoping there will be enough $$ left to still pick up SST for your cash price. Not sure if you are planning (or already) the Craigslist route, but if you could wait a week and a half- I'll have a clear idea if I can pick up SST from you.

best of luck!

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

It's something you don't want to have to replace often so even if you're an LED hater, it might be worth getting frosted warm whites just so you don't have to do massive tear-down's in the future to change a single bulb... Just my 2 cents.

Amen to that... a burnt out bulb drives me nuts, and the thought of removing all those ramps again just to replace a single bulb scares the crap outta me. Stupid multi-layer plastics and inter-weaved ramps..

#29 11 years ago

If OP sells to Tony it will go to a good loving home Hope it works out.

#30 11 years ago

I've got a burnt out bulb on my diner.. in the juke box.. I'm not looking forward to that. I believe I need to remove a ramp just to get at that lil sob.

#31 11 years ago

It's not so bad, but it's a little tricky. The Jukebox mounts through the backboard. On system 11 games they don't slide forward like they do on WPC games. What you have to do is slide the playfield forward off the bracket, use a 2x4 to support it on the edge of the game. When you go to slide it back, you actually have to drop it back into the pivot mech.

Now, those instructions are referencing how to take the jukebox off. I don't recall if you have to remove the whole thing. Either way, it's not bad. If you have to take the jukebox off, get an extra set of hands.

Quoted from jonogo:

I've got a burnt out bulb on my diner.. in the juke box.. I'm not looking forward to that. I believe I need to remove a ramp just to get at that lil sob.

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

It's not so bad, but it's a little tricky. The Jukebox mounts through the backboard. On system 11 games they don't slide forward like they do on WPC games. What you have to do is slide the playfield forward off the bracket, use a 2x4 to support it on the edge of the game. When you go to slide it back, you actually have to drop it back into the pivot mech.
Now, those instructions are referencing how to take the jukebox off. I don't recall if you have to remove the whole thing. Either way, it's not bad. If you have to take the jukebox off, get an extra set of hands.
jonogo said:I've got a burnt out bulb on my diner.. in the juke box.. I'm not looking forward to that. I believe I need to remove a ramp just to get at that lil sob.

Ahh ok, thanks dude. I'll have to bribe a friend to come help me.. Luckily I have an ample supply of beer to barter w/.

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

tonymiddendorf said:Also goes by the abbreviation ST, FYI.
StevenP said:Not really. It would be a ton of EXTRA work for me, tearing everything down to remove the goddamned LEDs and replace them with bulbs.
All GI bulbs and some controlled lamps are actually staple/wire braided into the PF and can only be accessed from the topside UNDER the ramp system. It's something you don't want to have to replace often so even if you're an LED hater, it might be worth getting frosted warm whites just so you don't have to do massive tear-down's in the future to change a single bulb... Just my 2 cents.

Yeah, that's a valid point. Removing the mini-pf on WWF RR and getting under there was a massive PITA! Wouldn't want to do it again...

#35 11 years ago

Game is sold pending pickup tomorrow!

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

Game is sold pending pickup tomorrow!

Congrats Hawk, even though it wasn't me. I'm glad that it's going to another pinsider!

#37 11 years ago

It is Tony and like I told you, he was first in line. If he decides against it, I will contact you first via pm.

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

It is Tony and like I told you, he was first in line. If he decides against it, I will contact you first via pm.

I sent him a PM. He said he would let me know first if he ever wants to sell it! I guess I might get it sooner or later.

Thanks for the consideration, Hawk. Take care, buddy

#39 11 years ago

SST has been sold! Pinraider and Pinatration are en route back up north with game in tow. Thanks guys for the smooth transaction. It's a great game.

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

Pinraider and Pinatration are en route...

Did Pinrapist or Pinmurder assist in the sale?

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Hawkeyepin said:Pinraider and Pinatration are en route...
Did Pinrapist or Pinmurder assist in the sale?

CLASSIC!

#42 11 years ago

No. Pinmolester wanted to come but he was busy. Lol!

#43 11 years ago

Great Game. This pin is in perfect condition. It is everything that was promised. Worth the drive to Iowa.

#44 11 years ago

Congrats to all!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Toronto, ON
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Hudson, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fsft-sst-reduced-to-1650?responsive=0 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.