(Topic ID: 32197)

FS/FT: Restored AFM... WOW! This is a beauty!

By teekee

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 105 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by pinstor12
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 11 years ago

http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn38/teekee_2008/ATTACK%20FROM%20MARS%202012/

email for price... not cheap but its a top of the line AFM. Restored with mods galore! Will also consider trades for HEP restored titles or possibly towards a BBB.

MODS:
Shaker, PDI Glass, Color DMD, Mirco playfield, Bill Ung saucer kit and runway, Martian LED eyes, LED's throughout, new ramps, new cabinet decals, Fidelity speakers, chrome everywhere including coin door, side rails, hinges, flipper bats and buttons, legs, lock bar and even APRON! Mods and more mods... I probably forgot one or two but there isn't much else you would want!

Forget a WoZ or Hobbit! Spend your hard earned money on a real machine!

#2 11 years ago

I'm assuming this was coasterguy's?

#3 11 years ago

Speechless.

#4 11 years ago

Looks almost identical to Costerguys... uncanny resemblance actually.
is it?

#5 11 years ago

c'mon lottery!

#7 11 years ago

That thing must be cursed, how many times has it traded hands already ?

#8 11 years ago

I guess if you have to ask about price, you can't afford it.

#9 11 years ago

That is definitely Coasterguy's AFM that was sold here a couple weeks ago for $10.5k. It was a good deal. So good, that Teekee bought it to flip.

#10 11 years ago

Where do you think he got the ACDC BIBLE? Who did the work is the $10k question!!

#12 11 years ago

LOL. HAHAHHAHA

I guess it's only a .10c question.

#13 11 years ago

i wonder how much it appreciated?

#14 11 years ago

Excellent AFM. I just had to get AC DC le back

#15 11 years ago

Reminds me of when I put my Zizzle on sale and everyone recognized it. Good times.

#17 11 years ago

Teekee took better pictures than I did. I told you all it worth $10,500 +++ all day.

#18 11 years ago

Do you guys know where he got those custom cards? Those are awesome.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Teekee took better pictures than I did. I told you all it worth $10,500 +++ all day.

So tell us...Did You trade Your machine straight across for the AC/DC LE?

#20 11 years ago

If he bought this from Coasterguy I am SURE he would offer this for sale for $10,500 to fellow pinsiders, right? He would not try to get one over on a pinsider. That would be a slap in the face to the rest of us, surely that is not the case.

#21 11 years ago

Is that HEP? It's very nice.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

If he bought this from Coasterguy I am SURE he would offer this for sale for $10,500 to fellow pinsiders, right? He would not try to get one over on a pinsider. That would be a slap in the face to the rest of us, surely that is not the case.

This was for sale on Pinside for days and no takers. Now you want to whine about it? I'll sell it for as much as as I want to sell it for. I am the seller now...

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Is that HEP? It's very nice.

Not HEP but the person who did the work did a nice job and it includes a crazy amount of mods!

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

LOL...

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

This was for sale on Pinside for days and no takers. Now you want to whine about it? I'll sell it for as much as as I want to sell it for. I am the seller now...

TeeKee be careful with Your tude!!!

You are a flipper plain and simple...or an undeclared retailer.

You are also a predator that hounds a seller when they are trying to sell a pin and try and catch them at a weak moment.

I have watched You do this for years as I was one of the 1st people to EVER deal with You on RGP.

If You did a deal with TeeKee he got the best of the deal. Nothing against him just be warned!!!

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

I have watched You do this for years as I was one of the 1st people to EVER deal with You on RGP.
If You did a deal with TeeKee he got the best of the deal. Nothing against him just be warned!!!

I hope you've learned from the best! It takes two to make a deal. If I consistently get the better of the deal as you say then you need to take more notes...

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

You are also a Predator that hounds a seller when they are trying to sell a pin and try and catch them at a weak moment.

Replace above warning with the name jaimmy as well. Except jaimmy is like the retarded outlaw brother who is more of a wannabe.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

You are also a Predator that hounds a seller when they are trying to sell a pin and try and catch them at a weak moment.

I have to agree with this.. i sold him my IJ4 for 3K and its now worth probably $4,500. He caught me at a "weak moment"... see the game sucked and i could not get what i paid for it and he was willing to pay 3K. Damn capitalism!!!

Please...so he hounded you? OMG! What did he do.. ring your doorbell at 3AM?

#29 11 years ago

Wow! We need a list of these flippers so that new people don't get fooled. Alright...list is bad idea, but new guys be informed, a nice AFM sold for 5k yesterday I did not know this guy was a straight up flipper prior to this thread.

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Please...so he hounded you? OMG! What did he do.. ring your doorbell at 3AM?

I think it might have been 2am...

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Replace above warning with the name jaimmy as well. Except jaimmy is like the retarded outlaw brother who is more of a wannabe.

WTF? Now it goes from jealousy to name calling?? Shame on you and you should apologize but we know that would never happen. Again, jealousy will get you no where!

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Wow! We need a list of these flippers so that new people don't get fooled. Alright...list is bad idea, but new guys be informed, a nice AFM sold for 5k yesterday I did not know this guy was a straight up flipper prior to this thread.

He's exejets friend. No need for any more evidence to prove his ethics and motives. The fact exejet tried to claim he did the restore until he was called out on it was pathetic. Née tragic

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

He's exejets friend. No need for any more evidence to prove his ethics and motives. The fact exejet tried to claim he did the restore until he was called out on it was pathetic. Née tragic

Again, this comment shows how much some know... more bad information or an outright lie. I have never met exejet (Eric) and have never gotten along with him. Never had any dealings with him. I do know of him but that's it. Get your facts straight or maybe you just decided to tell a lie... nothing unusual with some here.

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

The fact exejet tried to claim he did the restore until he was called out on it was pathetic.

I did not see how Exjet claimed he did the restoration ?

Jim

#35 11 years ago

I think Tony rubs people the wrong way because of his blunt words but I've never heard of him being difficult to deal with. I frankly think the way he does business is very upfront and no nonsense which I appreciate.

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I think Tony rubs people the wrong way because of his blunt words but I've never heard of him being difficult to deal with. I frankly think the way he does business is very upfront and no nonsense which I appreciate.

Thanks for that support... thanks for posting... you are in the majority. I know there are plenty more people on my side and feel the way you feel but they just decide not to post here and I don't blame them. Listening to some of the arguments above is almost embarrassing but if it makes them feel a little better and prevents them from beating the dog or the kids then it was worth it!

#37 11 years ago

I didn't say much as it was not my place. Now with all of this I will say that Teekee was just fine in his approach and our deal was fair. We actually started talking about a deal with my MM then I realized I was not interested in selling MM yet. Then I realized I want the BIBLE from him and we made a deal we were both comfortable with. He is entitled to sell that AFM for what he wants. He probably is more willing to trade it or wait for the right buyer than I was. Pinballer22 did the restore and it is an excellent job plain and simple. It is the Best AFM I've ever seen in person. Good luck with the sale Teekee and thanks for the trade I love my BIBLE.
We can't bash everyone that flips. It's done with cars, houses, antiques, its even done with 1980's BMX bikes I have found.....

For the record, if was going to buy that AFM again knowing what I know now. I would have paid more than $10,500 for it

#38 11 years ago

See what you started John Boy! If you would have kept your AFM and not get that rock and roll pin this would have never started. I curse your flipping motives! LOLOL

#39 11 years ago

Everybody knows rock and roll is the true evil of the youth rebellion, short mini-skirts, drugs, and pinball flipping.

#40 11 years ago

Here's an easy way to think/justify a flipper:

- someone is selling a product (a store, restaurant, person on ePay, etc)
- that product costs some sort of money to get (building cost, fixing cost, employee cost, food cost, storage, etc)
- when that person sells it, they must make up that cost plus some extra...think of a pawn shop, they need to buy the item for less than what they can sell it for plus overhead... or a restaurant, the food cost plus the cooks, plus gas for the stove, plus plates to serve it on, etc needs to be considered in the meal's price
- a flipper buys a pin....does it need work, do they add extras, travel/shipping costs
- when they sell it (whether its a week later or two years later), they need to make some extra
- a flipper takes all the risk... does the game smoke and melt when they power it up the next day, does it get damaged when moving, etc
- if someone marks up the price, who cares? If they don't sell it, its their cash being held up and the price will adjust accordingly

*this was taken from the novel: Binky Sears' Book on Flipping Pins 101 - copyright 1952

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

If you would have kept your AFM and not get that rock and roll pin this would have never started.

It's always those damned longhairs and their rock-n-roll causin' the problems. Kids these days...bah humbug

#42 11 years ago

If I do the work people don't hide behind the "Unknown" claim! My name is on the game in more than one place! FOOL! Alex is clueless and actually knows very little about pinball, plus add the fact that when he posts both feet end up in his mouth!! Then hides for a couple days and has to pop up again to do the same trick. My point about asking whom did the work is material to value. If Alex did the work it's worth much less then if you've got a machine that was actually restored. Grabbing a routed machine and changing cabinets doesn't qualify as "restored" or HUO! Much more of a deceptive practice that's used to clearly hiding wear and tear! BTW how's that chrome and powder coat working for people?

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

For the record, if was going to buy that AFM again knowing what I know now. I would have paid more than $10,500 for it

Yep, it was definitely worth more than $10,500.00, but when you have a high dollar pin, it is simply going to take more than a few days to sell even at a good price. At least you got a BIB LE out of it!

#44 11 years ago

I'm happy!

#45 11 years ago

Ok, the fun is over SORRY! The AFM is SOLD... no longer available and going to a great new home.

But, we can keep all this fun going... I'm up for it! Hell, I'm just a FLIPPER!

#46 11 years ago

I'm happy, your happy but we can always tell who the miserable ones are!

#47 11 years ago

Edit: never mind.

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Rommy does not participate in capitalism. He is going to see to it that ALL Pinsiders have a collection that is equal in value to his. Warn a new collector that has $11000 to spend on a toy? Sounds like someone who can fend for himself. No list needed.

#49 11 years ago

I've bough two pins from Tony and have no complaints at all.

#50 11 years ago

such a nice community

I just don't get all the bashing over price
If you don't like the price - move on

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Alstyne, TX
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westwood, NJ
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Onekama, MI
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 21.50
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fsft-restored-afm-wow-this-is-a-beauty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.