Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_4956.JPG
100_4964.JPG
100_4957.JPG
100_4953.JPG
IMG_0077.JPG

#1 7 years ago

I have a Popeye Saves The Earth for sale or trade. Located in the south suburbs of Chicago.

IMG_0077.JPG
#2 7 years ago

Bump for two previous easy transactions!!!

#3 7 years ago

How did you like the game, only played a couple times and can't remember it much?

#4 7 years ago

I'll field this one!

It's no masterpiece but not as bad as the general consensus. Pretty deep ruleset.

The complaints I hear are they don't like the environmental theme (stupid complaint) and they don't like the fact the ball disappears from view so often (legit complaint). I like the sound and music and the rules - only thing that really sucks is how difficult the upper playfield is, and the fact that when you "win" it there's absolutely no payoff to speak of (or maybe there is. The game doesn't actually do anything at that point so you really have no idea).

Was a great game when I was picking them up for 900 bucks but I'm guessing people want $2500 for 'em now.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'll field this one!
It's no masterpiece but not as bad as the general consensus. Pretty deep ruleset.
The complaints I hear are they don't like the environmental theme (stupid complaint) and they don't like the fact the ball disappears from view so often (legit complaint). I like the sound and music and the rules - only thing that really sucks is how difficult the upper playfield is, and the fact that when you "win" it there's absolutely no payoff to speak of (or maybe there is. The game doesn't actually do anything at that point so you really have no idea).
Was a great game when I was picking them up for 900 bucks but I'm guessing people want $2500 for 'em now.

Good reply, thanks for the mini-review! Maybe they will have one at California Extreme and i can play it again. Can't wait for CA EXTREME!!!

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This guy wants the midpoint of those two.

#7 7 years ago

I have it listed for $1750. http://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/13142

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

+1

#9 7 years ago

Is the game shopped?

#10 7 years ago

I have had the machine for about 6 months and it was serviced about a year before I got it. It is clean and working 100% with no errors.

#11 7 years ago

neighborly bump
jho159 is good people
Deal with confidence!
Hooked me up recently with a nice BSD
Does that HS2 still have my high score? lol

#12 7 years ago

Bump for a an original local. I sold mine 2 years ago and the fam misses it - great game and GLWTS

#14 7 years ago

Yes. Your HS2 score is still well beyond my capabilities...but I am trying!!!

#15 7 years ago

Popeye is a good game. Picked up a mint one years ago for a song. Sold it, for a song, lol. Always wanted to get another one, but the market kept me from doing so. This one looks like a pretty good deal. Glwts bump.

#16 7 years ago

Here are some additional pics...100_4953.JPG100_4957.JPG100_4964.JPG100_4956.JPG

#17 7 years ago

Sent you a message. Would like to talk live, and hopefully hammer out details!

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from yfz450:

Popeye is a good game.

Very few people agree with this opinion.

#19 7 years ago

Did this one come from Madison area about 6 months ago?

#20 7 years ago

No, it did not.

#21 7 years ago

Don't care what anyone says.. I've been a huge Popeye fan since I was a kid and I WILL be picking up one of these machines eventually. Just need more space first. GLWS to the OP.

#22 7 years ago

Popeye is my favorite cartoon as well. Would love to play one of these eventually. Good luck!

#23 7 years ago

I have one. I enjoy it, will keep it for a while. I like the theme and sounds. I've had one issue after another with it though. Ball gets stuck, dmd problems, ramp problems, etc. I like the artwork and its got a nice rule set, enough to keep you interested. Family friendly. A $2000 game in nice shape. $2500 in really nice shape.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Agreed, but I am one of the few. I like deep, challenging games, of which, Popeye is.

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I did a big review on this machine, as I had a HUO. Many things that changing to make it playable, but the rules are actually really good. The upper PF is hard, clay recommended moving the lightning flippers there. The find sweet pea is the best vid mode in my opinion, as it combines vid and pinball play all in one. I won it only once, as with the wizard mode, which is not easy to get to.

There is a lot of goofy stuff for sure, but when shopped, it plays insanely fast for a WB, most people would be surprised. I like the machine, I'll own it again, and then have all the super 7.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

maybe. but i dont mind it. its quite interesting.

in other related news.

good luck with the sale/trade.

#27 7 years ago

Popeye has been traded pending pickup. Thanks to all who inquired.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!