8.JPG
7.JPG
6.JPG
5.JPG
4.JPG
3.JPG
2.JPG
1.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jasonbar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

***TRADED 2013/12/29!***

[edit 2013/12/08: price drops]

---SHORT VERSION---

- Pinball 2000 cabinet with SWEP1 art, with both Revenge From Mars & Star Wars: Episode I playfields & ROM sets & PRISM cards (for easy, quick, & safe swapping). RFM PF has a bit of wear but works great, has a few mods & many replaced parts. SWEP1 PF was NOS last year & is now HUO & still like new. Monitor is perfect.
- For sale for $3900 or for trade.
- Located in Monterey Park, CA.
- Must pick up or pay in advance & make all shipping arrangements.
- SWEPI cab & PF & electronics: $2800 or trade.
- RFM PF & electronics, ready to plop into a p2k cab: $1300 or trade.

Picture gallery. I can take more pics if desired: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B87-6oT7oyHuT2lGaE11SHAwaDQ&usp=sharing

Thanks,
-Jason

#2 10 years ago

---LONG VERSION---

CABINET:
- Was a Revenge From Mars made for France. Was imported back to the USA from Germany in early 2012. I bought it in April 2012.
- RFM artwork & underlying black paint was damaged, so I stripped all sideart & paint down to the white primer, applied Hexis Gloss Black Vinyl Car Wrap to left & right sides of body & head, & then applied all 5 pieces of NOS SWEP1 art decals. Front art (under coin door), left body art, & left head art all look great--I'd say "perfect," but I'm sure that scrutiny under a microscope would turn up something. Right head art came to me with a thin crack that propagated & spread a bit after application. Right body art has 2 problem areas where there are tendrils of lifting--one originates at the playfield prop rod carriage bolt & one is right across Padme's face. Thus, I am including with this machine another NOS right body decal, still on its backing sheet, rolled up in a poster box, so that the buyer can fix this side is desired. After the artwork was applied, new red T-molding was installed on the head & new side rails were added to the cabinet.
- A set of 4 red PinCab Protectors were installed before the art update & have been installed ever since & are included with the machine. I see no damage around the legs.
- Translite is SWEP1, NOS that I bought in June 2012. Like new.
- Coin door, translite, & monitor back panel locks & keys included. Ready for location or home use.
- Mod: I was distracted by seeing wiring & the inside of the cabinet's back panel behind the Star Wars playfield when the back flashers flashed, so I installed some heavy black matte card stock on the inside of the back panel--it's a bit cleaner than stock.
- I added a quick-disconnect bullet connection on the ground strap between the cabinet body & head, for easier disassembly when pulling the head for transport.
- Playfield glass is original & good--probably a shallow scratch or two, but in overall very good condition.

PC:
- PC works great
- I performed the audio crackle fix by unbundling & spreading the wires that go from the PRISM card to the sound card. RFM used to crackle, especially on Mars Kneads Women, but no more crackle!
- Included are 2 PRISM cards, 2 ROM cards, & sets of ROMs for both SWEP1 & RFM. What this means: no need for a laptop & cord, no PUB card, no need to change software, no need to pull chips, no need to separate boards. Very very easy PC swap between games by undoing 1 Phillips screw & pulling 1 harness, swapping card sandwiches, & replacing the screw & harness.
- I went 1 step further & desoldered the 2032 button battery holder from the ROM daughter card & reinstalled it on the outside of the sandwich, so, when the battery runs out of juice, you don't need to pull apart the sandwich to swap the battery. Also, in the very very very rare case of the button battery leaking (jury's still out on whether this is a real concern), it will hopefully less by leaking on the outside of the sandwich rather than on the inside.
- RFM software is at rev 1.4. I looked into revving up to 1.5, but rev 1.5 seems to include nothing that affects gameplay ( http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/Williams/tech/pin2000/software/rfm_history.html ), so I decided to leave it at 1.4.
- SWEP1 software is at rev 1.5 (seems to be the latest rev per http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?gid=4458 ).

MONITOR:
- Fabulous. Clean. Colors, convergence, focus, etc. are all great. Looks perfect.

POWER DRIVER BOARD:
- Works great for both games. Fuses are good.
- Some transistors were swapped by a previous owner & some by me. A couple of board traces were damaged & repaired with jumper wire & work fine.

SPARE PARTS:
- Plastic cover from coin mech.
- A spare white plastic P-clamp to hold the SWEP1 light saber neon tube. Originals were clear, I found white when I was replacing the broken back one, which doesn't really show way back at the back of the PF.
- Some extra cut vinyl "LAUNCH" stickers from the autoplunge/shooter rod mod.
- 3 bracket/solenoid parts from the original RFM autoplunge coil, no longer needed since I made the autoplunge/shooter rod mod.

REVENGE FROM MARS PLAYFIELD:
- Most likely on location--a bit of wear but works 100%.
- A few inserts decals have wear: the 9 mode circles & arrows, & "Attack Mars" says "Attack M".
- Only 2 teeny spots of playfield wear noticed: 1 next to ball trough hole under apron, 1 in central back bank of stationary targets--difficult to see this one too.
- Cabinet counter reads 725, but it's a ticket counter not hooked up to the coin mechs, so I don't know how many plays the RFM PF has. I put maybe 100-150 games on it since I bought it.
- Cracked plastics: right sling slightly cracked at bottom screw hole, "dog tags" plastic behind/above right ramp cracked but intact--difficult to see this one way in the back
.0- Upgrades/replacements/mods I made:
- New flippers bats & rubbers.
- New colored post sleeves.
- New skip ramp.
- New coil for 1 jet bumper (it had a different part number replacement that worked fine, but I wanted to put the correct part in there).
- Cliffy protector on Stroke of Luck hole.
- Replaced flying saucers & their domes.
- Replaced about 1/3-1/2 of the microswitches with new switches.
- Replaced most of the back center stationary drop targets.
- Clear plastic protectors added under left sling, right slight, upper left small triangle, plastic over right Stroke of Luck kickout
- I intentionally pulled 4 of the light bulbs at the back of the PF--you can see these as "open" in the picture gallery--these lights illuminated stationary structures in the back area & these showed through the reflected video image--I found it distracting to be able to see unnecessary lights/structures peeking through the game images, so I removed those bulbs. The sockets are fine & can be repopulated if you wish.

REVENGE FROM MARS AUTOLAUNCH/PLUNGER/SHOOTER ROD COMBO MOD:
- To obviate the need to swap the SWEP1 shooter rod assembly with the RFM launch button assembly when swapping games, I executed the 2-in-1 mod.
- I bought a small illuminated red push-button. I had an art shop cut "LAUNCH" out of black vinyl letters & stuck them inside the button dome. I installed the button in the corner of the shooter rod mount plate. I wired up the button to the original button wires.
- For flair, I swapped the shooter rod to a C-3PO head shooter rod.
- To achieve the cabinet mod, I had to file the existing hole in the front panel a bit bigger, but the flange on the shooter rod still covers the hole just fine, so this filing is invisible when the game is assembled.
- On the RFM playfield, I removed the launch coil bracketry, bought a new coil, bought the appropriate bracketry to reorient the solenoid, & reattached the assembly. A little grinding of the right side rail's lower flange was required--this is under the playfield & doesn't show. The old bracketry is included with the machine in case you want to swap it back.

STAR WARS: EPISODE I PLAYFIELD:
- This was NOS, bought by me from a dealer in June 2012 (along w/ the translite). It spent 6 months in my home & then 9 months in my garage, never outside or in an adverse environment. Like new! Clean! Whenever it wasn't installed in my machine, I kept it covered--baby crib fitted sheets are just right for covering p2k playfields!
- I added new flipper bats & rubbers.
- The only imperfection that I can see is that the back P-clamp for the neon light saber was broken, & I replaced it with a milky white P-clamp from the hardware store. Not only is this hard to see because it's at the back of the machine, but it does not overlap the illuminated portion of the tube. You can find the proper clear replacements if you buy a "goody bag" that came with the original machine. I'm including 1 more white P-clamp in case the front clamp breaks.
- Play counter in menus reads 66 plays, but it didn't have a button battery in it for several months, so assume that there are about 50-100 more plays than shown.

In addition to a cash sale, I am interested in making a trade. The following is a notional list of games in which I have some level of interest (depending on condition & price, of course). This list is not all-inclusive--I will entertain any trade offer (as long as it's a 1 trade--I don't have room to trade this machine for 2 machines). Trade plus or minus cash, as appropriate.

The Addams Family
Alien Poker
Avengers
Big Buck Hunter
Big Guns
Black Hole
Checkpoint
Cirqus Voltaire
Dracula, Bram Stoker's
Fathom
F-14 Tomcat
Fire!
Grand Prix (Williams)
Haunted House
Indiana Jones (Stern)
Johnny Mnemonic
The Lord of the Rings
The Machine: Bride of Pinbot
Mars: God of War
Medusa
Monster Bash
Paragaon
Pinball Magic
Sea Witch
Spider-Man (Stern)
Tales of the Arabian Nights
Tron: Legacy
Transformers
Transfomers-The Pin
Twilight Zone
WHO Dunnit?
X-Men

Thanks,
-Jason

#4 10 years ago

Thanks, TigerLaw. Yup, the p2k system had lots of promise--too bad it didn't pan out.

As for my sale/trade, I'm open to offers! :]

Thanks,
-Jason

#5 10 years ago

Top post updated:
- Price drop
- Willing to take offers on RFM kit (PF + PRISM/daughter/ROMs sandwich)

Pics attached here for your pleasure, so you don't have to browse to my Google Drive. :]

Thanks,
-Jason

1.JPG1.JPG 2.JPG2.JPG 3.JPG3.JPG 4.JPG4.JPG 5.JPG5.JPG 6.JPG6.JPG

#6 10 years ago

More pics

7.JPG7.JPG 8.JPG8.JPG 9.JPG9.JPG 10.JPG10.JPG 11.JPG11.JPG 12.JPG12.JPG

1 week later
#7 10 years ago

Price drop. Feel free to make cash offers or trade offers on the whole package or on just the SWEP1 cab & PF or on just the RFM PF & PC bits "kit."

Thanks!
-Jason

#8 10 years ago

Looking for $1500 + crating + shipping for the RFM + its electronics, ready to plug into a SWEP1 machine (you'll just need to install the light-up "LAUNCH" button).

I have a pal w/ 2 crates made for a populated p2k PF--he shipped 2 of his whitebords from Chicago to SoCal. The crates cost him $200 each--he'll sell em one at cost. This it's a matter of picking a shipper.

Thanks,
-Jason

1 week later
#9 10 years ago

Bump!

Listening to cash and/or trade offers on the whole banana or on parting it out (preferably parting out all the RFM items separately & keeping the SWEP1 items all together).

Thanks,
-Jason

1 week later
#10 10 years ago

Bump & price drops!

- The whole banana: $4000 or trade.
- SWEPI cab & PF & electronics: $2900 or trade.
- RFM PF & electronics, ready to plop into a p2k cab: $1400 or trade.

Thanks,
-Jason

1 month later
#12 10 years ago

Bump & price drops! :]

As for the RFM PF shipping request, I'm not comfortable risking a populated playfield by experimenting on what I think is an OK way to ship it. I'd much rather be cautious & use a sturdy crate or have it packed by somebody with experience, or have the buyer take responsibility of having it packed by pros of your choice.

Thanks,
-Jason

3 weeks later
#14 10 years ago

***TRADED 2013/12/29--GONESKI!***

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,195 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Hackensack, NJ
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 234.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Cento Creations

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jasonbar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fsft-pinball-2000-combo-revenge-from-mars-star-wars-episode-i-usa91754?tu=jasonbar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.