DSC02849.JPG
DSC02850.JPG
DSC02848.JPG
DSC02847.JPG
DSC02846.JPG
DSC02845.JPG
#1 10 years ago

Hi all,

Had this for a long time but I've come to the conclusion that I am unlikely to get this game for a variety of reasons, so am thinking about letting this one go. Looking for $1800 plus shipping or will trade +/- cash as necessary for a game on my wish list. May also consider trades +/- cash for other similar vintage NOS playfields. Preference is given to anybody willing to make a trade and preference is also given to anyone willing to pick up in person, (Wash DC area), so I don't have to box and ship the thing and so that you can see it yourself. I'll likely be at Pinburgh, can meet there and other selected shows etc etc. Okay, about the playfield. There are some minor flaws, pinholes that would need to be touched, a small scratch at the top of the "JAM", and the clear on this one seems light to me. I would not install this in a game without getting it cleared, but that's just me. I've circled the flaws I've noted in the pics below. Not many NOS Elvira and the Party Monsters playfields out there, I believe the last two on Ebay went for about $2250 and an exceptional and signed one recently selling here for $2500. So that's the story, pics below and let me know if you would like to see more or have any questions. Thanks for looking!
DSC02845.JPGDSC02845.JPG
DSC02846.JPGDSC02846.JPG
DSC02847.JPGDSC02847.JPG
DSC02848.JPGDSC02848.JPG
DSC02849.JPGDSC02849.JPG
DSC02850.JPGDSC02850.JPG
DSC02851.JPGDSC02851.JPG

#2 10 years ago

Wow, I like.

#3 10 years ago

We don't know if the one offered here for $2500 actually sold for that, but you don't see many of these around. GLWS. I agree with you about getting it cleared - would seem difficult not to - and a clear coat will look much better than a typical mylared Elvira.

#4 10 years ago

True, fair enough about the previous sales price. I think it was only posted for a day or so before being listed as sold so I would assume it was likely at least close to full asking if not full asking though.

#5 10 years ago

Pretty cool! Where did you get it from?

#6 10 years ago

Looks very much the sexy times

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Pretty cool! Where did you get it from?

Picked it up off Ebay way back in the day. I've had it for well over ten years, maybe fifteen. I had always intended to get this game and pair it up with SS, but my tastes have changed somewhat and space is getting to be more of a premium, soooo I figure if I can get something off my wish list it could be win win. I ended up knowing the guy who I bought it off of so he hand delivered it. He was in the business of cleaning out old ops warehouses so I assume that he had picked it up in a raid although I never thought to ask him.

Sergio

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from SergioJ:

Picked it up off Ebay way back in the day. I've had it for well over ten years, maybe fifteen. I had always intended to get this game and pair it up with SS, but my tastes have changed somewhat and space is getting to be more of a premium, soooo I figure if I can get something off my wish list it could be win win. I ended up knowing the guy who I bought it off of so he hand delivered it. He was in the business of cleaning out old ops warehouses so I assume that he had picked it up in a raid although I never thought to ask him.
Sergio

I sold one back in 2000 on Ebay along with many others at that time. I wonder if that was you? My user name is still the same doughslingers. What was yours? I still have many of those records but the first few years I could not keep up with all the business back in the Ebay heyday.

#9 10 years ago

Don't think it was you unless you've moved. Bill is that you? If anybody does want to check my rep out on Ebay user name is (gameover).

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from SergioJ:

Don't think it was you unless you've moved. Bill is that you? If anybody does want to check my rep out on Ebay user name is (gameover).

I shipped it from Tenn back then. Its the playfield right under the one showing on the wall.

buddy3.jpgbuddy3.jpg
#11 10 years ago

$2500? Wow. that's more than the whole game working is worth.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

It's amazing, but those NOS EATPM playfields always go for big bucks.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

My thoughts exactly.

#14 10 years ago

Thats been my question. I really like the game and many of the playfields are shot but 2k for a playfield (it is very nice by the way) seems just way out there for game that I have seen sell at most for $3500 and that was a BEAUTIFUL example. Normally 1800-2200 and 2800 for really nice example.

#15 10 years ago

Yep, I hear ya, I'm really not interested in gouging anybody here but I don't really want to leave a whole lot of money on the table either. Sometimes the really hard to find NOS parts do seem to sell for more than a decent condition game. I think it goes towards those collectors that want to have the best of something, or museum/collector quality. Anyway, here's how I priced it;

1) Last one on Ebay went for just over $2200.

Bally 'Elvira and the Party Monsters' Original NOS Playfield details;

Bally-Elvira-and-the-Party-Monsters-Original-NOS-Playfield Bally-Elvira-and-the-Party-Monsters-Original-NOS-Playfield
Item Sold

Item condition: New

Ended: Dec 11, 2011 14:12:06 PST

Price: US $2,239.00

Shipping: $48.00 Standard Shipping

Item location: Upstate, New York, United States

Seller: pinb1 (204 )

2) Previous one on Ebay in 2007 went for $2264 I believe. Can't find the link anymore but that's my recollection of what I saw.

3) Robert Winters extremely nice and signed one was offered at $2500 and pretty much sold in a day or so.

4) There was one offered in 2009 for $1500 but I really couldn't find out what the condition was.

So. The one I've got is not as nice as Robert's nor is it signed. The last one on Ebay was still in the original crate so is probably slightly nicer than mine. I figure a couple pindot touch ups will be needed along with that slight scratch, and if it were me, I would clear it prior to putting it in a game. I've figured that into the pricing from the approximate $2200 - $2250 that the last couple went for. Frankly, that seemed like a reasonable way to figure out how to price it. To be honest, I'd really rather trade this towards a game that I like, but barring that, will sell it for cash that I can put towards a game that I like.

So that's how I came up with $1800. Does that seem unreasonable?

Post edited by SergioJ : sorry, ebay link no worky......

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from SergioJ:

So that's how I came up with $1800. Does that seem unreasonable?

No, but maybe somewhat high with the CPR repros due this year and the fact it's not cleared.

Most people will probably be happy with the repro at around 1/2 the price (which wasn't a viable option for those looking in 2011/12), but there will always be those that would prefer an original PF

#17 10 years ago

Well I'm assuming the one in the factory crate had the original clear as well, lol. But yes, a repro would likely work for many *if* and when they come out. I'll also be curious to see what the colors looks like etc. Most of them have been very close, Mata Hari was one where I think I would have preferred an original. The ones I saw at York looked slightly "washed out" to me. Perhaps it was the lighting though....

Thanks!
Sergio

#18 10 years ago

Not sure the originals had clear coat - at that time, I think that would have been the DiamondPlate fields and don't think there were any for EATPM, which is why there was factory Mylar. Anyone know for sure?

#19 10 years ago

That sure is a nice find, Ive only seen one other for sale and at $1800 I think your price is very reasonable. I told my wife I would do a total rebuild of hers but Im starting to re-think that now. At $1500 which I paid, our playfield is actually in really decent shape, if I removed some of the mylar ( lifting abit ) and added new stickers Id be happy, as would she. If cpr makes one for $600 or so, I might pull the trigger though.

Someone will grab this, good luck with the sale!

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Not sure the originals had clear coat - at that time, I think that would have been the DiamondPlate fields and don't think there were any for EATPM, which is why there was factory Mylar. Anyone know for sure?

Mine had no Diamond Coat, just Mylar everywhere.

#21 10 years ago

There are people out there who want original, not repro, and that's who's paying the big bucks for this stuff. Even if you can buy the whole game for $1800, you won't get one with an unused playfield for $1800.

#22 10 years ago

I know the EATPM playfield I restored sure as hell wasn't cleared. Is now! Anyone who buys this should definitely factor clearing it into the purchase/process IMHO.

#23 10 years ago

Diamond plate (clearcoating) wasn't invented yet at the time of this game. And only Lawlor games were test subjects for the very early years. It's just lacquer protected like they have been doing since the 40's.

Btw, I wasn't saying your price was out of line. This is a game where everyones playfield looks like shit and needs one. And not a lot of NOS around. So I can see a part costing more than the whole game.

If someone had an NOS taxi playfield, I could see it going for more than $1500. For $1500 you could buy 2 taxi's. But since everyones looks like shit, and they are very expensive to have restored, I could see $1500 for that as well.

Wh20 was a money pit too at one time. Average was $1500 for one, but would cost you like 2000 to restore one. So you would lose your ass. These are games you throw cash at, because you love it, and you don't care your going to lose a shit-ton of cash when it comes time to sell. Which is what pinball is all about. Or should be / used to be.

#24 10 years ago

If CPR does a repro, I would guess they will be priced at $699-$749.

#25 10 years ago

Didn't CPR do a repo Taxi playfield? I know some people would want original, but wouldn't most people just shell out $800 for the repo?

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

But since everyones looks like shit, and they are very expensive to have restored, I could see $1500 for that as well.

#26 10 years ago

yes, CPR did remake taxi finally. Which I really liked to see, because they are a PIA to restore. I was basically saying before the repo release. And repo release only lasts so long as well. Once that well dries up, it's the same shit all over again.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fsft-nos-eatpm-playfield and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.