DSCN1919.JPG
DSCN1918.JPG
DSCN1916.JPG
DSCN1912.JPG
DSCN1915.JPG
DSCN1913.JPG
DSCN1911.JPG
DSCN1909.JPG
There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago

Nice

#52 9 years ago

Ok. I was working on a deal for a partial trade and I ended up on a valuation on my game of $11,700 so I will lower my selling price to reflect that amount. Sweet game. The hep restored playfield, color dmd and mirror blades alone were $2,400.00.

#53 9 years ago

Got my tractor yesterday bump. Man, she's a beaut!

image-553.jpgimage-553.jpg

#54 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

image-553.jpg 570 KB

That is a great looking back saving machine enjoy your new work horse. Hmm a john deer pinball with a tracktor that collects the balls for multiball???

#55 9 years ago

Sweet tractor! And sweet MB! Would love to own it but this one is a bit out of my budget

#56 9 years ago

I agree that this game looks amazing.

Most will take this the wrong way but I am prepared...

Why do people always ask exactly what money they have invested in a high end restored pin?

All other "big toy" expensive hobbies like motorcycles, classic cars, ect. are ALL losing money ventures and everyone in those hobbies knows it and they still do it anyway and don't care.

I don't understand when people drop many thousands on a pinball restoration (they usually plan to keep forever) and then ask exactly what $ they put into the project? Were you expecting to get your money back? Were you not planning on keeping the title forever? Who spends 10 grand to make ZERO profit?

I realize that these are rhetorical questions but there is nothing that makes pinball a special hobby. I would never spend money on any "hobby" expecting to retrieve all those funds back in a private sale.

Well it is generally true that a lot of pins "keep their value". Looking at this from the perspective of the title where thousands and thousand was spent on the restoration, I don't think the same dynamic can be applied to the "average trending price" of any given title.

Asking exactly what you have in the game. Does that mean that you wasted your time achieving this level of restoration of that particular title?

#57 9 years ago

snyper2099...sh*tting on F/S threads everywhere...

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Again, not true. When I break a rule you can complain all you want. FS post is 4 days old. Pinside forums don't have ebay-like rules and fees last I checked.

Haven't you figured it out yet? No one cares what is said in a FS thread. It doesn't stop anyone from buying the game they want. Doesn't matter if it's a bad deal, scammer, whatever. What is posted here has no relevance on the sale of the game. People gonna do what they do. I asked a valid question. You sir are the one bringing all the negative.

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Again, not true. When I break a rule you can complain all you want. FS post is 4 days old. Pinside forums don't have ebay-like rules and fees last I checked.
Haven't you figured it out yet? No one cares what is said in a FS thread. It doesn't stop anyone from buying the game they want. Doesn't matter if it's a bad deal, scammer, whatever. What is posted here has no relevance on the sale of the game. People gonna do what they do. I asked a valid question. You sir are the one bringing all the negative.

You couldn't be more wrong. Why don't you go look up the BSD F/S thread from a couple of months ago? The negativity in that thread killed any potential deal.

Why not start a separate thread if you want to discuss your theory? It's bad etiquette.

I'm bringing the negative? Before this my comment was "Beautiful game GLWTS" yeah that's pretty negative. You knew full well your comment wouldn't be well received, you said it yourself, but you just had to say it regardless. There are plenty of other threads to ask that question.

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

I agree that this game looks amazing.
Most will take this the wrong way but I am prepared...
Why do people always ask exactly what money they have invested in a high end restored pin?
All other "big toy" expensive hobbies like motorcycles, classic cars, ect. are ALL losing money ventures and everyone in those hobbies knows it and they still do it anyway and don't care.
I don't understand when people drop many thousands on a pinball restoration (they usually plan to keep forever) and then ask exactly what $ they put into the project? Were you expecting to get your money back? Were you not planning on keeping the title forever? Who spends 10 grand to make ZERO profit?
I realize that these are rhetorical questions but there is nothing that makes pinball a special hobby. I would never spend money on any "hobby" expecting to retrieve all those funds back in a private sale.
Well it is generally true that a lot of pins "keep their value". Looking at this from the perspective of the title where thousands and thousand was spent on the restoration, I don't think the same dynamic can be applied to the "average trending price" of any given title.
Asking exactly what you have in the game. Does that mean that you wasted your time achieving this level of restoration of that particular title?

I have a saying that I think fits your post. It goes like this: "tis far better to be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt".

You have no idea how much I have in this game and if I'm "breaking even" or expecting all my money back. The fact is, at $11,700, I'm loosing well over $1,700.00. So like I said, you have no clue. It wasn't a restore. The guy selling it claimed Huo and in my option appeared as such so I paid a premium to have it. I wanted it flawless so I put a restored playfield in. I didn't plan on selling it. But, just ask my ex wife, nothing is forever and you sound foolish saying anything is a keeper. My motivation for selling is pretty clear here in this thread.

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

I have a saying that I think fits your post. It goes like this: "tis far better to be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt".
You have no idea how much I have in this game and if I'm "breaking even" or expecting all my money back. The fact is, at $11,700, I'm loosing well over $1,700.00. So like I said, you have no clue. It wasn't a restore. The guy selling it claimed Huo and in my option appeared as such so I paid a premium to have it. I wanted it flawless so I put a restored playfield in. I didn't plan on selling it. But, just ask my ex wife, nothing is forever and you sound foolish saying anything is a keeper. My motivation for selling is pretty clear here in this thread.

GLWTS Skins, exceptional game you have there.

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

"tis far better to be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt".

Ditto

#64 9 years ago

"The hep restored playfield, color dmd and mirror blades alone were $2,400.00"
"I ended up on a valuation on my game of $11,700"

My apologies for thinking that these two statements were what you had invested in the game. I am confident your game will sell. My question has nothing to do with the price being asked. Again, I was inquring more about the thought process of spending a lot on a particular restoration. I know better than most that life is a total rape sometimes. It could always be worse though.

To the above, it's a choice to add a post in the forums about a game FS. If you don't want a "conversation" or questions PUBLICLY asked, I would strongly suggest JUST posting in the ADS section of Pinside.

#65 9 years ago

Typical pinside for sale post $hitstorm.

image-221.jpgimage-221.jpg
#66 9 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

It's a for sale thread. Not a for sale sign. Understand the difference?

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Typical pinside for sale post $hitstorm.

image-221.jpg 6 KB

"cash talks, b.s. walks?"

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

image-553.jpg 570 KB

I have the older model of that tractor John Deere 4110. I work it to death and it just keeps on going. Have fun.

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

It's a for sale thread. Not a for sale sign. Understand the difference?

Seriously with your $hit again? STFU already. Your act is old.

#71 9 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Seriously with your $hit again? STFU already. Your act is old.

Why are you policing for sale threads? This site allows us to state our opinions regardless of the context, if I can steer someone away from an over priced pin or simply cause him to think about it that's my business. MB is a good game but one could buy The Hobbit LE or a new Stern LE with all the trimmings for less than this pinball from the 90's restored or not. We all discuss the ups and downs of new release pins from Stern, JJP, SkitB, etc, so why not this? and why do you care? I hope Skins gets more than he's asking, <edited>

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

but mind you're own F---ing business.

yikes! Can't we all just get along?

O yea bump for a nice game

#73 9 years ago

Am I the only one who looks at those pics and feels a little frisky?

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Why are you policing for sale threads? This site allows us to state our opinions regardless of the context, if I can steer someone away from an over priced pin or simply cause him to think about it that's my business. MB is a good game but one could buy The Hobbit LE or a new Stern LE with all the trimmings for less than this pinball from the 90's restored or not. We all discuss the ups and downs of new release pins from Stern, JJP, SkitB, etc, so why not this? and why do you care? I hope Skins gets more than he's asking, but mind you're own F---ing business.

It's an open forum just like you said. The same forum that gave you the right to say you hope my dog dies. You keep acting like an @sshole and I'll keep calling you and others out for it.
<edited> K, good.

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

if I can steer someone away from an over priced pin

Dude, you just ooze class.

I can only hope to help you out in a similar manner in the future.

3 weeks later
#76 9 years ago

My girlfriend took some pictures for me with her nikon for another potential buyer so I figured I would throw them up here too. Not sure if these are better than my iphone ones but i have them so I will post them. I was sure to show the leg wrinkle as well.

DSCN1921.JPGDSCN1921.JPGDSCN1919.JPGDSCN1919.JPGDSCN1918.JPGDSCN1918.JPGDSCN1916.JPGDSCN1916.JPGDSCN1915.JPGDSCN1915.JPGDSCN1913.JPGDSCN1913.JPGDSCN1912.JPGDSCN1912.JPGDSCN1911.JPGDSCN1911.JPGDSCN1909.JPGDSCN1909.JPGDSCN1902.JPGDSCN1902.JPGDSCN1897.JPGDSCN1897.JPGDSCN1901.JPGDSCN1901.JPGDSCN1893.JPGDSCN1893.JPGDSCN1890.JPGDSCN1890.JPGDSCN1889.JPGDSCN1889.JPGDSCN1887.JPGDSCN1887.JPGDSCN1885.JPGDSCN1885.JPGDSCN1883.JPGDSCN1883.JPGDSCN1922.JPGDSCN1922.JPGDSCN1879.JPGDSCN1879.JPGDSCN1878.JPGDSCN1878.JPGDSCN1877.JPGDSCN1877.JPGDSCN1875.JPGDSCN1875.JPGDSCN1876.JPGDSCN1876.JPGDSCN1874.JPGDSCN1874.JPGDSCN1873.JPGDSCN1873.JPGDSCN1871.JPGDSCN1871.JPG

DSCN1872.JPGDSCN1872.JPG DSCN1884.JPGDSCN1884.JPG
#77 9 years ago

and here are a few of the original playfield to give you an idea of how near near perfect it was before I put a HEP restored original in its place. A black line cliffy hid everything at the mosh but I love the clean look of a mantis.

DSCN1931.JPGDSCN1931.JPGDSCN1930.JPGDSCN1930.JPGDSCN1929.JPGDSCN1929.JPGDSCN1928.JPGDSCN1928.JPGDSCN1927.JPGDSCN1927.JPGDSCN1926.JPGDSCN1926.JPGDSCN1925.JPGDSCN1925.JPG

// Error: Image 249670 not found //

#78 9 years ago

Beautiful machine, just gorgeous. Good luck on getting this sold soon.

Michael

#79 9 years ago

Beautiful game I love monster bash. Some people just don't understand if you want quality you have to spend.

#80 9 years ago

Thanks.

I also updated my AFM pics ( http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/afm-mm). I would offer a discount if both MB and AFM were bought together.

#81 9 years ago

This FS thread has to be the most looked at thread for me ever. I've looked at the pictures at least once a day since it was listed.

#82 9 years ago

Just a tip, you might wanna add a line to your very first post with the new price, I had to dig to see what the new price is.

...and free bump.

#83 9 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion.

#84 9 years ago

Ok, one more try to move this. $11,250.00.

#85 9 years ago

This game looks phenomenal. If only I had the extra coin at the moment...!

I hope you get it sold!

2 weeks later
#87 9 years ago

Ok.

Trade fell through awhile ago and I was considering keeping it. But, in the end I want to sell. I think. $11,000.00.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fsft-monster-bash/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.