image-287.jpg
image-854.jpg
image-192.jpg
image-400.jpg
image.jpg
photo4-563.JPG
photo2.JPG
photo3-707.JPG
There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

Thinking about selling my Judge Dredd so that I can buy my grail pin. This JD is in excellent condition and everything works 100%. Deadworld mod rocks and game is just downright beautiful. For the money, I don't think there is a better pin out there. LEDs installed. Local buyers only for now. Nicest Dredd I've seen in awhile. Pins I'd be most interested for trade would be IJ (Williams) or LOTR (HUO) but would consider other B/W games post 1989. PM me with any questions. Thanks. Asking $2,699 obo. Located in San Marcos, CA which is the North County of San Diego.

#2 10 years ago

Helps to fill in your location. Going with San Marcos, CA since I saw your CL ad.

#3 10 years ago

is the dead world mod worth the hassle? I haven't decided if I should do it.

#4 10 years ago

Yes, the DW mod is worth it.. not too hard to do either.. I have it in mine and recommend it highly!

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from Anim8ormatt:

is the dead world mod worth the hassle? I haven't decided if I should do it.

There is no hassle if the game is working correctly. The coolest multiball lock in pinball! GLWS!

#6 10 years ago

Good price. One day it will be mine!

#7 10 years ago

Sorry on the posting location. Yes, I'm in San Marcos, CA which is in the North County of San Diego. First time posting on pinside so excuse the mismatched format.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

Good price. One day it will be mine!

$2,900 for a Judge Dredd, how do you figure thats a good price?

ebay.com link: Judge Dredd Pinball Machine by Bally SuperPin Series Excellent Condition

#9 10 years ago

JD is a $1400 game! Just kidding, your looks like it's in top shape, GLWS.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

Ebay link

It's got a gold topper.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

Ebay link

From a buddy maybe, that's called price pumping. There is price policing and then there is price pumping.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

Because it is twice the machine that others at twice the price fetch. IMO!

#13 10 years ago

right on..... to what o-din said.

#14 10 years ago

Price reduction to $2799 obo. I respect all your feedback. I think its comical that people get all bent out of shape on a price target that sits on the higher range of the spectrum for this game, granted the game is in superb shape. I realize the market for these is far less than a MM, TZ, IJ.....or any other A list game but damn.... this machine just doesnt' get the love that it should. Truly a spectacular game, with unique gameplay that allows you to choose which mode you want to hit next. Even for $4-5K this machine would be justified with the inclusion of:
-widebody
-4 flippers
-2 autoplungers
-6 ball multiball
-3 captive balls
-coolest lock ball mode ever (Deadworld w/mod)
-magnetic/rotating arms
-Alternative Supergame mode
-diamond plate playfield
-cool topper

And with some of the best artwork and sound to boot....Wow. Maybe I should just hold onto it. Getting second thoughts. Hurry up and make me and offer.

Cheers!

#15 10 years ago

It also has some of the coolest cabinet art out there. GLWTS

#16 10 years ago

I have owned this title now 4 times. This time is stays.

Just got the Dead World mod it is awesome.

#17 10 years ago

Ike, way to stand up for your game, dude! It is a real bummer when your "for sale" threads get dumped on by price checkers--if someone has an issue with the asking price and is interested in the game, make an offer or move on. I have an opinion on the price of your game, but I have no interest in buying it so I did not feel the need to comment and possibly affect your sale. The market is all over the place lately, who knows what game will be next to break through to another seemingly unattainable monetary level? Maybe a game in top shape is worth more to someone who really wants that game in excellent condition--would be to me.

#18 10 years ago

I think here in the US too many people on first glance think this is related to that crappy Stalone flick. Once you realize this is based off of one of the best British comics.....its in a class of its own.

Also pretty cool that you control the entire game as there are no pop bumpers. This is the first I've played without them and it really makes a difference.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I have an opinion on the price of your game, but I have no interest in buying it so I did not feel the need to comment and possibly affect your sale. .

I think you indirectly just did

#20 10 years ago

MINTY JD are hard to find, no fade with toppers, fully shopped - LEDs, deadworld Mod etc. If I were going to sell my JD it would be close to that range probably. There are haters but the game has some good flow and cool shots - just not a ton of strategy.

#22 10 years ago

Topper Looks Great, GLWS

#23 10 years ago

photo3-707.JPGphoto3-707.JPGphoto2.JPGphoto2.JPGphoto4-563.JPGphoto4-563.JPG

#24 10 years ago

I would never sell mine. ok....if Iron Maiden gets made and I don't have any others means of raising cash, then maybe.....
Mines clearcoated high end all the way witht he ball lock and it's one of my most played in the collection.
$1400 days are long gone for this game.
D

#25 10 years ago

Thats a good looking machine - better pics would do you some good though.

#26 10 years ago

I just sold mine for 2400. It sold quick and the buyer did not try to haggle. Probably should have priced it closer to yours. Like has previously been stated, you get a lot of game for the money. GLWS and I would not drop the price too much.

#27 10 years ago

There are several pins that have been historically under valued that people are starting to catch up to. As 'dgoett' noted, no way this one is a $1400 pin any longer.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

no way this one is a $1400 pin any longer.

Especially since any remake of this title would cost at least 8 grand. And the way I figure it, it ain't never gonna happen. So it is best to get a nice example while you can.

#29 10 years ago

Thanks for the support. Will work on some better photos tonight.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Especially since any remake of this title would cost at least 8 grand. And the way I figure it, it ain't never gonna happen. So it is best to get a nice example while you can.

Remakes? Your talkin bout remakes? Lol

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Remakes? Your talkin bout remakes? Lol

It was more like a for instance. lol. It's kind of funny they will remake the most expensive games, but not necessarily the best. That's fine with me. I've got my Dredd keeper.

#32 10 years ago

afternoon bump

#33 10 years ago

Do you have any high rez pics of the playfield? With glass off? Close ups? Both sides of the cabinet in direct light or with flash?

Pictures are sorely lacking thus far.

#34 10 years ago

Funny... I have had Dredd at least 5 times.. different machine each time.. did the full shop, flippers etc.. and always ended up trading it with a Demo Man (at least 8 of them easily), it seems for me anyway, I have them, I don't play them for a while, end up making a 2 for one trade...

WELL, I was actually able to buy back my own Dredd and Demo, and I have learned my lesson.. I love these 2 games, probably the most of any game I had before, and this time they stay!!! Along with LAH.. And since I got to buy my own back, no trouble shooting or shop job.. just plug and play!

Good luck with your sale, great game.. you should keep it!

#35 10 years ago

I do wish they'd make the long ass ramp that has the easy to break end on it.
Only thing on my machine that isn't mint.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

I do wish they'd make the long ass ramp that has the easy to break end on it.
Only thing on my machine that isn't mint.

I put a Cliffy on mine before it had the chance to break - even though it was perfect.

That was a horrible design....

However, the Cliffy will 'fix' your ramp, and will probably make it look factory, even though it isn't...

#37 10 years ago

New photosimage-525.jpgimage-525.jpgimage-764.jpgimage-764.jpgimage-9.jpgimage-9.jpgimage-395.jpgimage-395.jpgimage-287.jpgimage-287.jpgimage-854.jpgimage-854.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage-192.jpgimage-192.jpgimage-400.jpgimage-400.jpg

#38 10 years ago

Another price drop to $2,699. Let's get 'er sold.

#39 10 years ago

Send backup unit!

#40 10 years ago

Damn I wish I could afford this!

#41 10 years ago

Recently picked up my first JD as well. Just too much bang for your buck in this game and had to try it out for myself. I really like It and dig the artwork

#42 10 years ago

morning bump

#43 10 years ago

AM bump. Any takers? Been playing it a lot the past week in anticipation of selling/trading. Getting back into it and may just keep for now. Let me know if anyone's interested in So Cal.

#44 10 years ago

Add L@@K to the title. Works every time.

#45 10 years ago

Well.....probably not the first time this has happened with this machine. I've decided to keep it as it has really grown on me the past two weeks I've been thinking of selling. Went out and played a bunch of other machines on route and realized that this game just rocks! We'll see what the future holds but for now, Dredd's a keeper. FYI on price.....I had serious interest at my asking price of $2,699 and you'll note on pinpedia that of the 4 ebay auctions this year, 3 of them sold at $2500. With all this game offers I would imagine it will climb into the $3-4K range over the next year or two as people get sick of paying $4,500 for a brand new Stern piece of crap which just don't comapare and many just can't justify $7-8K+ for a quality new machine by JJP or the MMR. Total bargain in the mid $2K range and now I could buy another great game like NGG or FT to complement this one and still be in around the same price as the IJ I was considering. Just have to work on making more room in the house.

And with regards to Stern machines.... I can't tell you how many times I've come back around to LOTR trying to love the machine as I dig the books and movies but I can't get over how cheap the Stern games feel compared to Bally/Williams pins. Does anyone else feel this way? My guess is that these machines will continue to slide in value as many have been produced and they don't hold up very well from what I've seen. Anyways, just my $.02.

#46 10 years ago

^^^^^^^^^^
you mad, bro? sorry, couldn't resist.

No, i don't think the price gap between JD and LOTR will lessen over time. If anything, i think the chasm will widen. JD is a good game, LOTR is a great game. I used to feel the same way about the "feel" but i got over it.

#47 10 years ago

Good call! Keep that Dredd.. I have made that mistake before.. not again!

#48 10 years ago

Plus, Judge Dredd has now climbed to spot #13 on IPDB's Top 300. That's the highest I've ever seen it. Personally, I like games that don't have pop bumpers, just for something different, plus JD is the king of loop shots.

#49 10 years ago

Ha ha ha. No, honestly not mad but after reading my last post I can see how you might think that. Honestly relieved as I've been spending way too much time thinking about my next pin and now I'm stoked to get deeper into Dredd. It actually has got me into a renewed interest into my Creech as well.

Maybe one day I'll get over the cheap feel of LOTR....I hope so cuz I love the theme and can't stomache putting $8K down on a Hobbit .

Cheers

#50 10 years ago

i sold my jd last year for WAY too little and i regret it now. Both kids and the wife still complain to this day about me selling it. What i'm saying is you made a good choice by keeping it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 85.00
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

6,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pasadena, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fsft-judge-dredd-wdeadworld-mod-and-gold-eagle-topper-2900 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.