IMG_2433.JPG
IMG_2432.JPG
IMG_2431.JPG
IMG_2430.JPG
IMG_2429.JPG
IMG_2428-916.JPG
IMG_2427-812.JPG
IMG_2426-546.JPG
There are 142 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

Why's that? They got to sell 199 more $7500 games.

Actually they got to sell 299 more $7500 games (799 LE)

#52 9 years ago

Trade you ST le + $2000 for my NIB xmen LE. I hate catching a falling knife but hey....

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Trade you ST le + $2000 for my NIB xmen LE. I hate catching a falling knife but hey....

If you were local I would give you $4500 cash for your NIB XMLE and then you can add the addition cash to by this STLE outright.

coming to expo?

#54 9 years ago

You have it wrong. The Star Trek plus 2000= xmen LE.

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Is this a random act of kindness?
In a not to distant future XMEN, STLE and AVLE owners will be tradin amongst ourselves to get even close to true value for these games. Sad. Unfair. But true.

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Is this a random act of kindness?
In a not to distant future XMEN, STLE and AVLE owners will be tradin amongst ourselves to get even close to true value for these games. Sad. Unfair. But true.

Xmen LE and AVLE are both 5K games, but they are both a lot of fun.

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Xmen LE and AVLE are both 5K games, but they are both a lot of fun.

XMEN LE is more than a $5K game.

AVLE have gone as low as $ 4700.00

#58 9 years ago

11 new posts - was hoping to see it's sold as I want one and I need to sell a few games to get one - will somebody buy this to put me out of my misery. i just don't have the time to try to sell the games - plus with prices being low right now i don't want to deal with it.

thanks ed

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Le's are designed for the collector's market.
Star Trek LE is dropping in price.

This is an incongruous argument. Simply because something is designed for the collector market does not mean it's designed to appreciate in value. It's simply designed to take advantage of a subset of the market who is willing to pay more for something when it's new. Stern gets their money (to Monster_Bash's point, even if his math was off). They don't care what happens to value after that. It isn't designed to appreciate in value. In fact, if you look at values, it's pretty rare for any LEs to settle in at a value, long term, that's greater than it's original purchase price (Tron and ACDCBIB are the only that come to mind).

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

AVLE have gone as low as $ 4700.00

5.5K if the sun and moon are properly aligned? OK.

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

LOOOOOOOOOL

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

5.5K if the sun and moon are properly aligned? OK.

Xmen LE HUO has been $5k all day for a LONG time, possibly less now. NIB you might get $5.5-6k if you find a sucker.

#63 9 years ago

Holy cow...at this rate I'm going to go buy this game just to shut everyone up

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballwny:

This is an incongruous argument. Simply because something is designed for the collector market does not mean it's designed to appreciate in value. It's simply designed to take advantage of a subset of the market who is willing to pay more for something when it's new. Stern gets their money (to Monster_Bash's point, even if his math was off). They don't care what happens to value after that. It isn't designed to appreciate in value. In fact, if you look at values, it's pretty rare for any LEs to settle in at a value, long term, that's greater than it's original purchase price (Tron and ACDCBIB are the only that come to mind).

Then Stern should do a Tron LE VE edition.

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Then Stern should do a TRON LE VE edition.

Which still makes no sense and doesn't support your argument the way you think it does. They create a limited number of LEs to create an initial demand for the higher margin pin before people can decide if it's a classic or a stinker. Re-releasing an LE would run counter to that strategy because people would just wait rather than purchase up front. Although, in the short term, they could make money on an LE VE, it would hurt future LE sales. It has absolutely nothing to do with protecting a machine's value in the collector market.

#66 9 years ago

Back to post, wonder if it sold.

#67 9 years ago

Lots of sniffing no completed deals yet

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

In your dreams maybe.

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

Lots of sniffing no completed deals yet

Likes dogs, they sniff your crotch only to move on to the next..

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from Arcadevudoo:

Likes dogs, they sniff your crotch only to move on to the next..

That was low......

#71 9 years ago

open to trade offers but prefer cash...

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

That was low......

Literally

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Lay off the crack, it kills brain cells.

#74 9 years ago

It was a joke boys... hahaha . I have dealt with the sniffing too many times.

Great game, good price... Bump...

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Looks like Stern should've capped the LE at 500.

Since they made the Premium , I agree the pinball machine would have held its value more, however, as pinball enthusiast, then collector, I am glad they made more, I am not in this for investment purposes or to buy NIB games and hoard them for years for major profits I want more machines out there to grow the hobby. This is a great price for this machine and hope the seller finds a buyer, as it is a great machine. GLWS!!!!

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Since they made the Premium , I agree the pinball machine would have held its value more, however, as pinball enthusiast, then collector, I am glad they made more, I am not in this for investment purposes or to buy NIB games and hoard them for years for major profits I want more machines out there to grow the hobby. This is a great price for this machine and hope the seller finds a buyer, as it is a great machine. GLWS!!!!

I can't believe it hasn't sold yet.

I really like the updated code. I think one more code update would do the trick.

If premiums are available, then they should keep the numbers on the LE lower.

I just bough my STLE in March for $7,995…now look at the used prices for the machine.

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I just bough my STLE in March for $7,995…now look at the used prices for the machine.

First of all congrats on a great game!

Please email JJ next time at Game Exchange. you would have saved a lot of money on that purchase.

And yes in these more normal times expect a big hit buying new vs huo.

Game is priced to sell. Bump

#78 9 years ago

Game has been forsale for over 2 months in various threads. Clearly the market is speaking here. Alot of inventory and skittish buyers. It's a shame, this game should still be in the 7s. Glws

#79 9 years ago

I honestly thought STLE would shoot up in price.

Ritchie + Star Trek…look at how popular STTNG still is. It's almost a most own for home collections.

IMO, STTNG has one of the best light shows for its generation and STLE has a great light show for today's generation.

Also consider Ritchie's previous machine, AC/DC, I can't fathom what the LE prices are. The only one I know of that is for sale, is in Modern Pinball (NYC) for $14k.

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Ritchie + Star Trek…look at how popular STTNG still is. It's almost a most own for home collections.
IMO, STTNG has one of the best light shows for its generation and STLE has a great light show for today's generation.
Also consider Ritchie's previous machine, AC/DC, I can't fathom what the LE prices are. The only one I know of that is for sale, is in Modern Pinball (NYC) for $14k.

Really the only one that is going up that high for ACDC would be the BIBLE and they only made 300 of them. Add that the game is complete, has a very popular theme and artwork package, has been around for a few years and is a kickass ride is probably why the extra premuim is there. I think STLE will be a great machine once complete but again there are a lot of them around and it will take time for it to breakeven for the investor type.

#81 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I think the days of crazy price spikes in games are behind us now. The only exceptions would be a truly limited (less then 400) release that has very unique features not provided in another version. If there's a premium model, then the price is most likely going to fall. I would plan that these 8kish nib titles are going to take around a 2k hit during the first year of ownership moving forward. If you can't take that sort of hit, then you may want to consider sticking with HUO or Pro models.

#82 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

1. STTNG is popular because it's STTNG. Only pinball people know who Steve Ritchie is, and even his name is not a guarantee that a game is going to shoot up in value. T3, Elvis, 24...all low priced games. The fact that it's STTNG is what makes it desirable to Star Trek fans...STTNG is hugely beloved. New ST movies - ST fans don't have a massive passion for it.

2. 799 LEs is a lot. The only LEs that have shot up in price are Tron LE (400 made) and BIBLE (300 made). Metallica LE (500) has held.

3. Too soon to expect prices to shoot up. Game hasn't even been out for a year. Normally games need time to gain a reputation. Take Iron Man for example...took about 2 or 3 years for its reputation to finally take hold.

Anyway - don't mean to derail this thread...I enjoy my STLE a lot...I've been playing it a lot lately. This is a nice price for the game!

#83 9 years ago

This OP rarely seems to have luck selling games on here, at least that's what I've noticed.

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

This OP rarely seems to have luck selling games on here, at least that's what I've noticed.

That's another good point. Where has the game been listed for sale? Pinside only?

Honestly I don't think I've ever sold a game through a Pinside post. Usually my sales come from a Craigslist ad or to friends on Facebook.

Advertise your game as many places as possible. That's how you get a sale.

#85 9 years ago

i have sold every other game i have had for sale on here...for some reason this hasn't sold which i am completely content with, no rush

#86 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Advertise your game as many places as possible. That's how you get a sale.

This statement depends on motivation of seller. As stated in his last post.I choose Pinside then if that's not getting it done I may go the next level ,Pinball classifieds.

#87 9 years ago

Is it me, or this the only machine that doesn't need any mods?

#88 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

A must have mod is the beatmaster interactive vengeance mod that lights up the ship it should have come with all versions... But you are right you get a lot of bling with this title...

#89 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Just like Tron, it screams for a blue DMD.

#90 9 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Just like Tron, it screams for a blue DMD.

Not really. The game's motif is red & blue....one of the shots is "Red Matter"...red works just fine.

The only game that screams "blue DMD" is Avatar.

#91 9 years ago

I don't think any game screams for blue on blue on blue. Contrast is your friend.

#92 9 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I don't think any game screams for blue on blue on blue. Contrast is your friend.

It's hard for me to talk about, but when I was about twelve Contrast and I had a huge fight. I still have a scar under my right eye.

#93 9 years ago

I maybe interested in the following games as trades + - cash...

Tron Pro or LE
Iron Man VE
HUO Sopranos

#95 9 years ago

de bump bump

#96 9 years ago

hmm... 10h drive...

#97 9 years ago
Quoted from splitskull:

hmm... 10h drive...

Do it...STLE is a great machine

#98 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The only game that screams "blue DMD" is Avatar.

Oh I want one of those for my LE, but the price.

#99 9 years ago

Still not sold?

Absolutely amazing!

#100 9 years ago

I wish but my wife would kill me bump.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 142 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fsft-huo-stern-star-trek-le/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.