Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by krivoap
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 33 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-430.jpg
image-105.jpg
image.jpg
photo 28.JPG
photo 27.JPG
photo 26.JPG
photo 25.JPG
photo 24.JPG
photo 23.JPG
photo 22.JPG
photo 21-1.JPG
photo 21.JPG
photo 20.JPG
photo 19.JPG
photo 18.JPG
photo 17.JPG

#1 6 years ago

Looking to sell my HUO Prototype SWE1. The game was acquired from Duncan Brown, one of the game designers. Duncan was nice enough to sign the underside of the playfield for me and I even have his original purchase invoice from Williams. This was the last prototype (#25 of 25) to to leave the Williams MEL before they shut their doors for good. It is in beautiful condition and has about 600 plays on it. It is 100% original and works perfectly! Comes with the preliminary and production manuals, schematics, and NOS plastic set. Located in Aurora, IL. Asking $3800 or trade for your ??? Let me know what you have to offer!

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 3.JPG

photo 3-1.JPG

photo 4.JPG

photo 5.JPG

photo 6.JPG

photo 7.JPG

photo 8.JPG

photo 9.JPG

photo 10.JPG

photo 11.JPG

photo 12.JPG

photo 13.JPG

photo 14.JPG

photo 15.JPG

photo 16.JPG

photo 17.JPG

photo 18.JPG

photo 19.JPG

photo 20.JPG

photo 21.JPG

photo 21-1.JPG

photo 22.JPG

photo 23.JPG

photo 24.JPG

photo 25.JPG

photo 26.JPG

photo 27.JPG

photo 28.JPG

#2 6 years ago

Sunday night bump!

#3 6 years ago

Nice looking machine. Great documentation too.

#4 6 years ago

Gosh, what a nice game!!! Amazing shape and a great story. I love the music on this pin.

#5 6 years ago

Great ad, photos and details. Thing is certainly sharp. To far to drive for me, but someone is gonna get a great buy.

#6 6 years ago

Thanks guys! Yeah this is a really nice game with some great history attached to it! It is going to make someone very happy!

#7 6 years ago

What were the differences between the prototype and the production version?

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

What were the differences between the prototype and the production version?

Protos have a saucer instead of a rollover above the pop bumpers. Also, some of them have a pink outline around the characters on the playfield. I think those are the major differences.

#9 6 years ago

Well depending on how early the prototype was would depend on what differences it would have. Obviously earlier protos would be more different than later ones. This being the last MEL game it is very close to a production model. If you go to pinball2000.de they have a page that lists some of the differences in proto vs. production. Everything listed there this game has (except the extra saucer kick out in the upper right corner). The upper saucer was eliminated about halfway through the prototype process (They had issues early on where the ball would keep bouncing back into the saucer from the pops, so they eliminated it). So other than having a production playfield (which the last 10 or so protos did), all the differences they list are on this game including some differences not mentioned (like hand cut lower in-lane plastics, etc.).

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Protos have a saucer instead of a rollover above the pop bumpers. Also, some of them have a pink outline around the characters on the playfield. I think those are the major differences.

Not all protos had this. Only about half did.

#11 6 years ago

Merry Christmas Bump!

#12 6 years ago

Saturday evening bump!

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

Well depending on how early the prototype was would depend on what differences it would have. Obviously earlier protos would be more different than later ones. This being the last MEL game it is very close to a production model. If you go to pinball2000.de they have a page that lists some of the differences in proto vs. production. Everything listed there this game has (except the extra saucer kick out in the upper right corner). The upper saucer was eliminated about halfway through the prototype process (They had issues early on where the ball would keep bouncing back into the saucer from the pops, so they eliminated it). So other than having a production playfield (which the last 10 or so protos did), all the differences they list are on this game including some differences not mentioned (like hand cut lower in-lane plastics, etc.).

Just out of curiosity, do they run on the same software (the proto and production models)?

#14 6 years ago

Yes, they do. This one is running the latest software. Duncan actually told me that this is the game he used to develop the latest code on (kind of a cool fact).

#15 6 years ago

Happy New Year bump! This pin would be a great way to kick off the year!

#16 6 years ago

Game has been sold and is on it's way home with the new owner! Thanks to all who inquired about it!

#17 6 years ago

Thanks Nelly! Yes, now in its new home safe and sound, just need to clear a spot to set her up. For those who we're wondering a pinball2000 does fit in a Honda Fit - thanks mot for your tips in how to orient the game to get it to fit in the Fit!

image-430.jpgimage-105.jpgimage.jpg

#18 6 years ago

Congrats on the sale and congrats to new owner!

#19 6 years ago

That is freaking awesome it fits in a FIT!

#20 6 years ago

Congrads on sale . I think I may have under priced the one I have for sale.

#21 6 years ago

Any chance you guys could tell us what the game originally sold for???? Curious what Williams sold a game to an employee for. Not sure Williams or anyone would care since they have been out of business for 16 years.

#22 6 years ago

super congratz on the sale & getting a great pin.
...what's all that white stuff on the car?

1 week later
#23 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Congrats on the sale and congrats to new owner!

Thanks - awesome history and in fantastic condition!

Quoted from labnip:

super congratz on the sale & getting a great pin.
...what's all that white stuff on the car?

LOL

Quoted from Gov:

That is freaking awesome it fits in a FIT!

Yes - again special thanks to fellow pinsider mot with how to get a Pinballl 2000 to fit into a Honda Fit and still have room for a passenger!

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside