(Topic ID: 94991)

Sold. HUO/mods Avengers Limited Edition (AVLE)

By TheFamilyArcade

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-587.jpg
image-659.jpg
image-933.jpg
image-498.jpg
image-760.jpg
hulksmile.gif
image-465.jpg
image-454.jpg
image-491.jpg
image-804.jpg
image-846.jpg
image-599.jpg
image-472.jpg
image-442.jpg
image-23.jpg
image-281.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yup! I like most most of the games I've sold....sometimes you just feel like you've done it all or you have games with similar layouts/features so it's OK for something to go bye-bye.

Exactly. Just like you sold IM and now you are buying IMVE. But you were able to enjoy other pins in the meantime

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

You nailed it. More code updates to provide deeper rules seem to help games go up in value.

By .002% maybe.

#38 9 years ago

Gotta say I'm a bit surprised that this hasn't sold at $5k.

GLWS

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Well, this is a game that until you own it. You don't really know how good it is. They have one at Modern Pinball NYC, and it plays a lot different than mine. It's such a challenging game that I can't see people pouring $ into it to get that groove or muscle memory that's required to succeed and go deep in the game. Unless you can keep hitting "start" on this game you probably aren't going to grow to love it. But most owners that have owned the game longer than 3 months seem to get it.
I'm the type of guy that plays the same machine all the time for months at a time. It was 12 months with Avengers for me..and I still play it a lot. But after the first couple weeks I was like "uh-oh" is this game gonna suck? Some things take a little time. Like golf for instance. It can take awhile until some people enjoy the game, and then they become addicted.
You and I seem to have very similar taste in games. I'm surprised you're not more of a fan.

Well I think one reason that I'm not more of a fan is due to exactly what you say in your post. I don't have a ton of time on it, and I agree that there are pins that you can't really make a completely valid opinion on unless you have relatively extensive time on it (not to say that first impressions are irrelevant either). Ironically, I am going to a fellow Pinsider's place this Sunday to play his AV, so I will get the chance to put a bit more time on it.

My current feeling on AV is that it is "ok". I do not dislike it by any means, but at the same time it just hasn't grabbed me as a pin that I'd really want to own.

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Ironically, I am going to a fellow Pinsider's place this Sunday to play his AV, so I will get the chance to put a bit more time on it.

Played it today. I found it to be pretty addicting. I had access to well over a dozen pins to play today (between two pinsider's homes) and Avengers is the one I wanted to play the most today.

The sounds and music are excellent (both in terms of sound quality and quality of content), call outs are good, and even the Hulk humor is pretty funny. What I found most compelling was how satisfying the shots are! They are definitely tight which can lead to a lot of missed shots, but when you hit them they feel great, especially Hawkeye and Black Widow. The one I played today was very "dialed in" and felt solid as a rock. Still had a couple of hangups on Hulk, but other than that, it played excellent. Pin is a real looker too. The Blue LE has the same powder coated blue that comes on STLE: excellent.

I don't know the rules good enough to really comment on them.. but I did find it disappointing to feel like I was kicking butt only to wind up with a score of less than 30 million. That's the kind of thing that only comes with more time on the pin.

#69 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's basically Monster Bash. Each shot is a character. Hit it a bunch of times to start their feature...

Yeah, that's how Eskaybee explained it to me. Still didn't feel that I got deep enough into it to comment much on the rules. I did get a VS. mode started.

4 months later
#100 9 years ago

'tis the season. Make an offer!

Since you put it like that: $4k shipped and it's a done deal!

#102 9 years ago

After dinner bump.
Rob, I appreciate the offer, but I'm going to pass for now.

At least you know you won't have to go lower than that!

#132 9 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

As much as you love the game, you should consider picking one up

#137 9 years ago

The "I haven't bumped this in 10 hours" as opposed to three months bump. Make it yours guys. You know how.
Become an expert on this game!

My offer still stands.

#151 9 years ago

Congrats Nelson

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fsft-huo-avlenyc-metro-5200?tu=robt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.