(Topic ID: 94991)

Sold. HUO/mods Avengers Limited Edition (AVLE)

By TheFamilyArcade

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-587.jpg
image-659.jpg
image-933.jpg
image-498.jpg
image-760.jpg
hulksmile.gif
image-465.jpg
image-454.jpg
image-491.jpg
image-804.jpg
image-846.jpg
image-599.jpg
image-472.jpg
image-442.jpg
image-23.jpg
image-281.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dapperdan24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#87 9 years ago

I remember this one time 3 and a half months ago that I was selling a Popeye (while you were still trying to sell your AVLE) and you made your happy way into my FS thread to say this:

"That Popeye better be the nicest Popeye on the face of the earth! And stuffed with cash. One would think.

Good luck with sale."

So I will help you out and say that you are overpriced given the current market with this title. Hulks are readily available, so if you all would like a nice Hulk instead of the lesser desirable blue version, wait for it and you'll find one of those for less!

My Popeye sold relatively quickly at a price the buyer and I were both happy with BTW.

Oh, and "good luck with sale" as you say.

#89 9 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Ignoring most of what you said, I really don't know why the Hulk is more desirable than the entire cast and the blue powder.

In full honesty, I like blue more. I think the Hulk looks great, if it were a game all about the Hulk. Given that this title is Avengers, the blue would be my first choice. My stab at him with the Hulk was just for show I just have to laugh at this guy's romps in other people's for sale threads, like his post in mine when he frequently hurts a potential sale where he has no skin in the game. Feeling a bit snarky this morning I guess!

#93 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

You were asking $3,000 for a Popeye if I recall?

I was asking $2800, so close. It was unlike most any other Popeye, not a HEP restore, but one of the nicest around. You are more than welcome to prance around and tout me being out of touch, but it sold. Long before this AVLE of yours. Yes, I read your "reasons" as to why it has taken so long. One could say you have been out of touch regarding your expectations in selling this pin if it has taken nearly 5 months right?

If you don't want comments, post in the marketplace.

I didn't say I don't want comments in that or any other of my threads. I actually thanked you for your "wisdom" and thread bump when it happened. The same way I am helping you bump this thread. I just make notes on who is who around here and you made a nice impression throughout your presence here on Pinside.

I've probably been a few hundred over market price the whole time....but not 2 or 3x.

FYI, that Popeye sold real close to asking price and was shipped to boot, so my asking was actually fairly spot on. That was not an ordinary Popeye, but an upgraded, zero fade, nearly perfect playfield, powder coated, mirror bladed, topper having, blah blah blah of a machine. I guess maybe your infinite wisdom is perhaps a bit flawed.

All of this said, you are actually much closer to the mark on this AVLE now and will probably sell soon, so all the best!

#94 9 years ago

let's just all have a nice chuckle.

My chuckle comes from you trying to sell this for 5 months and my hilariously priced Popeye selling almost right away. Party on Wayne!

1 week later
#150 9 years ago

That was easy! Congrats TFA!

#156 9 years ago

Be sure to get you some gum! Nobody likes corn nut breath

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dapperdan24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fsft-huo-avlenyc-metro-5200?tu=dapperdan24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.