(Topic ID: 94991)

Sold. HUO/mods Avengers Limited Edition (AVLE)

By TheFamilyArcade

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-587.jpg
image-659.jpg
image-933.jpg
image-498.jpg
image-760.jpg
hulksmile.gif
image-465.jpg
image-454.jpg
image-491.jpg
image-804.jpg
image-846.jpg
image-599.jpg
image-472.jpg
image-442.jpg
image-23.jpg
image-281.jpg
There are 164 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 9 years ago

After dinner bump.

Rob, I appreciate the offer, but I'm going to pass for now.

I also owe someone a call, so if you're reading this sorry for not replying yet.

#102 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

After dinner bump.
Rob, I appreciate the offer, but I'm going to pass for now.

At least you know you won't have to go lower than that!

#103 9 years ago

I love the blue AVLE...Want one bad...Might help if you list some of the machines you would trade for? Just a thought.

#104 9 years ago

Check out my "want list" here on Pinside for trades. I'm really looking at one to one trades as well, plus or minus cash, because I don't have room for more games.

Let's see, corvette, IJ, Monopoly, TSPP, TAF, Indy 500, Mustang, RS, lots of games on my want list.

#106 9 years ago

AVLE for sale or trade.

#107 9 years ago

If you don't mind a bit of a drive south, I've got a few pins on your want list for trade like XM pro and white water. Also have a RBION, TFLE, and ice cold beer (taito) game for trade.

#108 9 years ago
Quoted from LilRocky:

If you don't mind a bit of a drive south, I've got a few pins on your want list for trade like XM pro and White Water. Also have a RBION, TFLE, and ice cold beer (taito) game for trade.

I'm not opposed to a road trip but NC is a commitment I'm not prepared to make yet. Ill keep it in mind and I appreciate the thought.

#109 9 years ago

I'm not opposed to a road trip but NC is a commitment I'm not prepared to make yet. Ill keep it in mind and I appreciate the thought.

Make a weekend out of the trip and hang out at Flippers arcade for the day

#110 9 years ago

I'd love to make a trade for that IJ you restored! If I make a trip to NC I'd definitely plan an overnight around DC and would love to play some pinball with you and Dave and the suburban pinball mafia down there. My parents live in Pinehurst, so it's not out of the question...I just won't be going down there anytime soon.

#111 9 years ago

I cannot believe there isn't more chatter, more action, more trolling in this thread! AVLE is clearly the hottest and most desirable Stern game out there...so where's the noise?

#112 9 years ago

I cannot believe there isn't more chatter, more action, more trolling in this thread! AVLE is clearly the hottest and most desirable Stern game out there...so where's the noise?

We don't want to anger Hulk!

#113 9 years ago

Hulk is a big (green!) softy!

Hulk MB is a blast. You can work it up to 6 balls. But Loki MB is even better, and very challenging. Some people say that the versus MB's can get a little tedious, but that's looking at it all wrong. You have to make very difficult "cross playfield" shots with other balls getting in your way. It's one of the best games ever to hone your skills. When you can nail the IM orbit or BW ramp to close out the mode with all hell breaking loose, you're ready for anything in pinball.

#114 9 years ago

Hulk is softy!
Hulk MB is a blast. You can work it up to 6 balls. But Loki MB is even better, and very challenging. Some people say that the versus MB's can get a little tedious, but that's looking at it all wrong. You have to make very difficult "cross playfield" shots with other balls getting in your way. It's one of the best games ever to hone your skills. When you can nail the IM orbit or BW ramp to close out the mode with all hell breaking loose, you're ready for anything in pinball.

Agree there. The tight shots in Avengers and Xmen really make you lift your game.

If you are a "spray and pray" player, you will not get far on either of these games.

rd.

#115 9 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Agree there. The tight shots in Avengers and Xmen really make you lift your game.
If you are a "spray and pray" player, you will not get far on either of these games.
rd.

RD! For the win!

#116 9 years ago

Any interest in RFM?

#117 9 years ago

Again!

rd.

#118 9 years ago
Quoted from jints56:

Make a weekend out of the trip and hang out at Flippers arcade for the day

Flippers is the Best! I actually try to stay in Southern Shores now just so I can get there easily..

Great price for AVLE, one day this game will get it's due. I LOVE the Loki multiball lightshow.
Recently someone came to get a game from me, played AVLE & said playing it really changed what he had thought about the game & said he would probably grab one in the future..

#119 9 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Flippers is the Best! I actually try to stay in Southern Shores now just so I can get there easily..
Great price for AVLE, one day this game will get it's due. I LOVE the Loki multiball lightshow.
Recently someone came to get a game from me, played AVLE & said playing it really changed what he had thought about the game & said he would probably grab one in the future..

Thanks. Yes, two Pinball guys really were blown away when they played mine recently - Big Ehrle and Jack of Diamonds. Said they couldn't believe this was the same game they'd played on route a couple times and didn't care for. They really dug it!

Re: RFM. Haven't given it much thought because I've heard it can be a bear to maintain...with the monitor, nucore, no nucore (what's the status of that anyway?) etc. But if yours was in terrific shape and could be expected to behave, I'd consider it. How much do nice ones go for?

#120 9 years ago

A "let's sell this today" bump.

#121 9 years ago

No nucore, had the monitor checked out, also installed athe video amp, looks great, all shopped with LED bulbs, nice cabinet, computer was all rebuilt by rob. If you pm me your address I can send pictures of it.

#122 9 years ago
Quoted from balboarules:

No nucore, had the monitor checked out, also installed athe video amp, looks great, all shopped with LED bulbs, nice cabinet, computer was all rebuilt by rob. If you pm me your address I can send pictures of it.

Check your pm.

**went to play pins on route today....AVLE can hold its own against practically anything. So many games out there. So many good games. So many good games that are not any better than Avengers.

Avengers Assemble!

#123 9 years ago

checked and replied with link to pictures I just took.

#124 9 years ago

Got them. Thanks.

#125 9 years ago

Avengers is fun for sure. Just not a title that excites many people. Something about the photoshop art that's a turn off. I think the new reality is this: 5k pins that aren't amazing games are gonna be tough sells as people need to save for the latest and greatest. This pin is a 4k pin next year.

#126 9 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Avengers is fun for sure. Just not a title that excites many people. Something about the photoshop art that's a turn off. I think the new reality is this: 5k pins that aren't amazing games are gonna be tough sells as people need to save for the latest and greatest. This pin is a 4k pin next year.

I completely agree. When you look at some of the top notch games that have been made in the last 10 years i.e. LOTR, SM, TSPP, IM, TRON, ACDC, MET, ST, WOZ , it is hard for a B- game to compete. There were so many that were bought NIB in the last decade that most of these games are still in great shape. With demand slowing and production and inventory levels increasing, the concept of pins increasing in value or maintaining value over time is just not going to happen. Buying NIB Becomes riskier than ever in that type of environment. I owned this game and like it, but thought TFLE was better, so in my opinion, it belongs lower than TFLE.

#127 9 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I completely agree. When you look at some of the top notch games that have been made in the last 10 years i.e. LOTR, SM, TSPP, IM, TRON, ACDC, MET, ST, WOZ , it is hard for a B- game to compete. There were so many that were bought NIB in the last decade that most of these games are still in great shape. With demand slowing and production and inventory levels increasing, the concept of pins increasing in value or maintaining value over time is just not going to happen. Buying NIB Becomes riskier than ever in that type of environment. I owned this game and like it, but thought TFLE was better, so in my opinion, it belongs lower than TFLE.

I agree with everything you said with the exception of AV being worth less than TF. It's a toss up to me depending on your preferences. I personally like the game play on TF somewhat better, but think the art and quality of the finish on AVLE are FAR better than TFLE. The powder coat, decals and mirrored backglass on AVLE are beautiful. TFLE is really a premium model in comparison. Most people in the market for an LE place a good bit of value on the aesthetics - so I call it a draw.

#128 9 years ago

I believe everything I read. Which makes me more of a selective human than most people. I read that AVLE kicks ass! And lookie, it's for sale! Best playing one EVAH!

I owned TFLE for a year and loved it. The rules ultimately wore me down, because it is a beast. TFLE is LOT longer game than AVLE. Set AVLE right and play your best and you'll get to Wizard in 30 minutes. That is a very satisfying game of pinball.

#129 9 years ago

I believe everything I read. Which makes me more of a selective human than most people. I read that AVLE kicks ass! And lookie, it's for sale! Best playing one EVAH!
I owned TFLE for a year and loved it. The rules ultimately wore me down, because it is a beast. TFLE is LOT longer game than AVLE. Set AVLE right and play your best and you'll get to Wizard in 30 minutes. That is a very satisfying game of pinball.

As much as you love the game, you should consider picking one up

#130 9 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Man, just think about it, firing up your new LE with the family and friends on T-Day. They will be amazed. They will scoff at your $10k Tron and ooh and aah over the powder coat, the mirrored backglass, the all LED light show, the amazing music and sfx. The original dots and the complete rules.

They will MARVEL at the spinning, iridescent cube, the all metal ramps, the HULK bash toy! And what's that?! Oh cool! Did you feel that?! The machine shakes! No grandma, you can't sit on it while I play!

Sack up guys! Make up your own mind. Try it. TheFamilyArcades has played it. And TheFamilyArcade likes it!

#131 9 years ago

Sent you an offer.

#132 9 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

#133 9 years ago
Quoted from balboarules:

Sent you an offer.

Thank you.

Game remains available as of now. Don't be the Pinsider that says to himself in his deathbed...."man, I wonder what a truly dialed in Avengers really played like. A lot of people said they liked that game...and I never gave it a chance."

#134 9 years ago

Page 3 stinks. Me likey page 1.

#135 9 years ago

The "I haven't bumped this in 3 hours" (as opposed to three months) bump.

#136 9 years ago

The "I haven't bumped this in 10 hours" as opposed to three months bump. Make it yours guys. You know how.

Become an expert on this game!

#137 9 years ago

The "I haven't bumped this in 10 hours" as opposed to three months bump. Make it yours guys. You know how.
Become an expert on this game!

My offer still stands.

#138 9 years ago

Have you tried EPay? With all of the extras you have on there and it being a limited edition I'm sure somebody would pay big money for it. Especially with a new movie coming out.

#139 9 years ago

Try a Black Friday sale. Open your doors midnight on Thanksgiving. People will be waiting on line to get it.

#140 9 years ago

Pick it up tonight and show it off tomorrow!

image-587.jpgimage-587.jpgimage-659.jpgimage-659.jpgimage-933.jpgimage-933.jpgimage-498.jpgimage-498.jpgimage-760.jpgimage-760.jpg

#141 9 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Have you tried EPay? With all of the extras you have on there and it being a limited edition I'm sure somebody would pay big money for it. Especially with a new movie coming out.

Man, I just want to avoid ePay, but a no reserve auction over there would be interesting, to say the least. If anyone here has some rules of thumb for selling, shipping and collecting the $ via eBay I'd love to hear them.

#142 9 years ago
Quoted from PinJeff:

Try a Black Friday sale. Open your doors midnight on Thanksgiving. People will be waiting on line to get it.

Just trade me your XMEN. Simple, clean, even trade.

#143 9 years ago

eBay has roughly 13% in seller fees by the time you add the eBay and Paypal fees... You would need to get $5,400 just to get to your $4,750 take home.

If this were $4,750 shipped, I would be all over it. All the decent deals are always on the coasts...

#144 9 years ago

Just trade me your XMEN. Simple, clean, even trade.

You had your chance with my ST:TNG

XMEN is a keeper for a while. It's one of my all time favorites.

#145 9 years ago

Man, I just want to avoid ePay, but a no reserve auction over there would be interesting, to say the least. If anyone here has some rules of thumb for selling, shipping and collecting the $ via eBay I'd love to hear them.

List it at 5500 or best offer and try to get the person off of ebay if you can, if not you still get your 4750

#146 9 years ago

I actually have a couple things going off Pinside, so I'm hoping I'm good. But thank you for the support and the insights!

#147 9 years ago

The "better get your offer in now because I think this is about to close" bump.

#148 9 years ago

And it's outta here! Thanks for playing.

#149 9 years ago

Congrats on sale. Are you at liberty to share the final number for future reference?

I still wish I grabbed your CSI last year by the way. What a great example it was.

#150 9 years ago

That was easy! Congrats TFA!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

There are 164 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fsft-huo-avlenyc-metro-5200/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.