(Topic ID: 94991)

Sold. HUO/mods Avengers Limited Edition (AVLE)

By TheFamilyArcade

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 164 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by TheFamilyArcade
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 44 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-587.jpg
image-659.jpg
image-933.jpg
image-498.jpg
image-760.jpg
hulksmile.gif
image-465.jpg
image-454.jpg
image-491.jpg
image-804.jpg
image-846.jpg
image-599.jpg
image-472.jpg
image-442.jpg
image-23.jpg
image-281.jpg

There are 164 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 5 years ago

Game is gone. One of the better games I've owned. People should give it more of a chance. I'm sure I'll miss it in time.

Unboxed this new in December 2012. Added some lighting enhancements: color changing flipper buttons and speaker grills(with Avenges mirrored acrylics), flipper area lighting and a double spot to brighten up the playfield. Has Refinery (ZDoors) Tesseract mod (best mod ever). A small corner piece broke on it, but it's fixed and looks/plays good as new. Have stock cube. Has Hooked's "see Loki" inlane plastics installed. Plus extra set without the art. Extra parts too: bridge, Tesseract mech, hulks arms.

Small Scratch on left sling plastic, very small can blemish on bottom edge of left side (happened during shipping, smaller than dime, wouldn't see if didn't know). Shooter lane protected from day 1 and looks new. Game plays better than when it came out of the box. All the needed tweaks have been done to make the game play the way it should.

I think AVLE is a fantastic game. Has great sound, dots, lights, music, shaker, stunning Powdercoat and backglass and rules that are as or more finished than any other Stern made in the last 4 years.

I've babied this game. Lots of cleaning and waxing and swapping out the balls. Just rebuilt the flippers a couple months back so they play like new. I've sold successfully to multiple pinsiders. I'll ship via NAVL white glove.

#2 5 years ago

How much for that AC/DC....?

#3 5 years ago

To the top on Saturday night.

#4 5 years ago

Sunday morning.

#5 5 years ago

I think AVLE is a great game as well but I'm concerned it's going into the $4K range soon. Irregardless, good luck with the sale. I'm always a backer of your posts so hopefully you get your asking price. I think it's fair.

Best of luck.

#6 5 years ago

I finally got to play an Avengers in Atlanta yesterday. Beautiful machine! That one and Xmen are in my list. Wish I could buy yours as you were such a huge help with my IM Pro. Good luck bud

#7 5 years ago

Thanks guys. Not too popular so we'll see how it goes. I was cleaning it up last night and ended up playing a number of games, ultimately culminating in Battle a For Earth on my last game. Still exciting for me. I still love the shots when you're stringing them together...and I love tryng to beat Loki MB...which I've only done once in 18 months.

I still believe that the game will be worth more in a year or two than it is today...so I may just keep it if the alternative is selling in the fours. Selling an LE with some mods that cost $7k in the fours would be a tough one. I'd still like to trade it for a XMEN LE, or maybe an Avatar LE...something good but that's also suffered from bad publicity and/or low exposure. We'll see.

I have a trade discussion going, but it's for an older classic and I'm still thinking if it's the game I want now. Sometimes trading the latest bling for an older game is tough.

#8 5 years ago

Monday bump. Tracelifter has proven there is a market for Avengers LE!

#9 5 years ago

PM sent

#10 5 years ago

Good price for a great game! Very underrated title. I won't part with mine anytime soon.

GLWTS!

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from PinFan4Life:

Good price for a great game! Very underrated title. I won't part with mine anytime soon.
GLWTS!

Sunday bump. Thinking about the trade possibilities guys. Thanks.

#13 5 years ago

Wow awesome deal. This has been my favorite pin and more than worth it at this price. Someone is going to get a heck of a pin at this price. GLWS!

#14 5 years ago

I'd take it.

But can only do it next weekend, so I guess i'm out of the running.

#15 5 years ago

Can you send me pics of it or post them?

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'd take it.
But can only do it next weekend, so I guess i'm out of the running.

I could make an exception in your case Lev, considering I can't seem to take any of your initials off the games at Pioneers!

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from DarthPinhead:

Can you send me pics of it or post them?

Was going to re-rubber and replace brokenTesseract cube and then take pics, but at this price may not. I'll do some glass off pics though before the weekend. Removed the deadline for Eggbert.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Removed the deadline for Eggbert.

It really only works in the 4th quarter as an Oracle sales rep.

#19 5 years ago

I honestly think the game will recover some decent value in the next year or so...so part of me just thinks keep it and "swap it out" with a buddies game for awhile and see what happens. Or just keep playing it...it still gets the second most play in my collection. But hell, life is too short and I want a new game.

#20 5 years ago

I could make an exception in your case Lev, considering I can't seem to take any of your initials off the games at Pioneers!

Metallica was just reset so you might have a shot!

#21 5 years ago

I thought this was "the best pin EVAH" - or some such. I mean this has been your crusade here for YEARS. How can you sell it man? You should just keep it and be "that AV guy" here on Pinside.

#22 5 years ago

I honestly think the game will recover some decent value in the next year or so...just keep playing it...it still gets the second most play in my collection. But hell, life is too short and I want a new game.

I did the same thing with my XMLE, I was not liking the low offers I got, so instead of fire sale, I just started to play it more and have found that I actually like it quite a lot. Play it more than any other pin at the moment.

Had thought of trading it (plus cash) to get an IM a few months back but with the new IM VE lower price, I just picke that up so I had to squeeze another pin in rather than sell one to get one.

#23 5 years ago

I honestly think the game will recover some decent value in the next year or so...so part of me just thinks keep it and "swap it out" with a buddies game for awhile and see what happens. Or just keep playing it...it still gets the second most play in my collection. But hell, life is too short and I want a new game.

With all the new games coming out I see zero chance that it will go up in value.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from MMuller:

With all the new games coming out I see zero chance that it will go up in value.

There is a chance but it would require a new software revision or something. Games like Transformers LE have continued to slide into the $4500 range, there has to be some sort of catalyst in order to get it moving the other direction.

#25 5 years ago

Was going to re-rubber and replace brokenTesseract cube and then take pics, but at this price may not. I'll do some glass off pics though before the weekend. Removed the deadline for Eggbert.

If anyone plans on re-rubbering the game...the transparent rubber that Pinball Life sells looks SWEEEEET and will pretty much last forever so you don't have to do it again.

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

I thought this was "the best pin EVAH" - or some such. I mean this has been your crusade here for YEARS. How can you sell it man? You should just keep it and be "that AV guy" here on Pinside.

It is possible to have a really high opinion of a pin yet still sell it, some of us just want to try them all so for us there is no such thing as a "keeper". If you actually play them often enough then every pin gets a little stale after awhile.

#27 5 years ago

I honestly think the game will recover some decent value in the next year or so

Yeah....ummm....be sure to let us know how that works out

With the # of LE's that Stern is now pumping out there is little chance that ANY of them will increase or even hold their value over the long haul. The Tron LE and even the 500 run Met LE mania is exactly how the collectible side of "LE" is supposed to work, but all Stern could see is the $ left on the table.

There's little long-term vision in regards to LE production at Stern IMHO. If you don't have a few people clamoring for a pin that they simply can't get, you're doing it wrong.

#28 5 years ago

I honestly think the game will recover some decent value in the next year or so.

Is this just a hunch or are there reasons you think it will start to go back up in price?

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from jitneystand1:

It is possible to have a really high opinion of a pin yet still sell it, some of us just want to try them all so for us there is no such thing as a "keeper". If you actually play them often enough then every pin gets a little stale after awhile.

Yup! I like most most of the games I've sold....sometimes you just feel like you've done it all or you have games with similar layouts/features so it's OK for something to go bye-bye.

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yup! I like most most of the games I've sold....sometimes you just feel like you've done it all or you have games with similar layouts/features so it's OK for something to go bye-bye.

Exactly. Just like you sold IM and now you are buying IMVE. But you were able to enjoy other pins in the meantime

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

There is a chance but it would require a new software revision or something. Games like Transformers LE have continued to slide into the $4500 range, there has to be some sort of catalyst in order to get it moving the other direction.

You nailed it. More code updates to provide deeper rules seem to help games go up in value.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

You nailed it. More code updates to provide deeper rules seem to help games go up in value.

By .002% maybe.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Exactly. Just like you sold IM and now you are buying IMVE. But you were able to enjoy other pins in the meantime

Yup, and once I get IM again...I'll probably be like "dammit I have too many 2 ramp 2 flipper fan games" and sell it again lol

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If anyone plans on re-rubbering the game...the transparent rubber that Pinball Life sells looks SWEEEEET and will pretty much last forever so you don't have to do it again.

That's what I'll be using. Have a whole unopened box of PBL stuff just waiting for the weekend.

Quoted from rommy:

Actually, LOTR and SM are the best games ever, and I sold them too. That's how I roll Rommy.

Quoted from fosaisu:

Is this just a hunch or are there reasons you think it will start to go back up in price?

IMO its a terrific game that hasn't gotten it's just due for a variety of reasons. It also hasn't had the exposure of many other games, partly because of the bad pub but also because of limited quantity and low availability on route. It's one of the more beautiful games you'll find, with strong rules that are 98% complete. The theme is awesome and well integrated. The hobby is growing, and in time, people will either judge the game on its merits and want it, or just really dig the theme and want it. You cannot judge the ultimate worth/value of a pin in 18 months. Especially not now, with more action going on in this hobby than in the past 20 years. Just peruse Pinsde in the last 18 months. The hype and OCD is off the charts. That's the short term, my opinion on Avengers is bigger than that. Avengers is bigger than that.

And only 250 exist of the game I'm selling, so ya, for a variety of reasons I think the game will be worth more in the future than it is right now.

There are thousands of ACDC's by comparison, and a lot of the hobby has been getting their ya-yas out on ACDC for years now. I have less faith in ACDC going up in value than I do AVLE. Doesn't mean ACDC isn't a righteous game, it's supply and demand.

My viewpoints often differ with the majority here on Pinside. For me, that's a good thing,

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from jitneystand1:

Yeah....ummm....be sure to let us know how that works out
With the # of LE's that Stern is now pumping out there is little chance that ANY of them will increase or even hold their value over the long haul. The TRON LE and even the 500 run Met LE mania is exactly how the collectible side of "LE" is supposed to work, but all Stern could see is the $ left on the table.
There's little long-term vision in regards to LE production at Stern IMHO. If you don't have a few people clamoring for a pin that they simply can't get, you're doing it wrong.

It's already lost $2k in value. I'm not saying it's going to be worth more than it cost new, Im saying its going to be worth more than its worth now. It's a better and more popular theme than Tron, and, IMO, a better game. The hobby is growing. And the newbs of the future are going to do things their own way in their own time. At some point maybe AVLE will have its little surge. It would take 3 or 4 hands to count all the games that got a serious second wind in the last few years...AVLE will have its time.

#37 5 years ago

Wish I had the cash for it. TAV LE is definitely on my radar when I get the pin fund built back up.

#38 5 years ago

Gotta say I'm a bit surprised that this hasn't sold at $5k.

GLWS

#39 5 years ago

Well, this is a game that until you own it. You don't really know how good it is. They have one at Modern Pinball NYC, and it plays a lot different than mine. It's such a challenging game that I can't see people pouring $ into it to get that groove or muscle memory that's required to succeed and go deep in the game. Unless you can keep hitting "start" on this game you probably aren't going to grow to love it. But most owners that have owned the game longer than 3 months seem to get it.

I'm the type of guy that plays the same machine all the time for months at a time. It was 12 months with Avengers for me..and I still play it a lot. But after the first couple weeks I was like "uh-oh" is this game gonna suck? Some things take a little time. Like golf for instance. It can take awhile until some people enjoy the game, and then they become addicted.

You and I seem to have very similar taste in games. I'm surprised you're not more of a fan.

#40 5 years ago

Well, this is a game that until you own it. You don't really know how good it is. They have one at Modern Pinball NYC, and it plays a lot different than mine. It's such a challenging game that I can't see people pouring $ into it to get that groove or muscle memory that's required to succeed and go deep in the game. Unless you can keep hitting "start" on this game you probably aren't going to grow to love it. But most owners that have owned the game longer than 3 months seem to get it.
I'm the type of guy that plays the same machine all the time for months at a time. It was 12 months with Avengers for me..and I still play it a lot. But after the first couple weeks I was like "uh-oh" is this game gonna suck? Some things take a little time. Like golf for instance. It can take awhile until some people enjoy the game, and then they become addicted.
You and I seem to have very similar taste in games. I'm surprised you're not more of a fan.

Well I think one reason that I'm not more of a fan is due to exactly what you say in your post. I don't have a ton of time on it, and I agree that there are pins that you can't really make a completely valid opinion on unless you have relatively extensive time on it (not to say that first impressions are irrelevant either). Ironically, I am going to a fellow Pinsider's place this Sunday to play his AV, so I will get the chance to put a bit more time on it.

My current feeling on AV is that it is "ok". I do not dislike it by any means, but at the same time it just hasn't grabbed me as a pin that I'd really want to own.

#41 5 years ago

when that happens... lemme know

Quoted from Rarehero:

Yup, and once I get IM again...I'll probably be like "dammit I have too many 2 ramp 2 flipper fan games" and sell it again lol

#42 5 years ago

Face facts. No one wants your AV LE. You're going to have to keep reducing the price - and eventually have to pay someone to haul it away.

Your only practical solution is to trade it for my ST:TNG.

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Well I think one reason that I'm not more of a fan is due to exactly what you say in your post. I don't have a ton of time on it, and I agree that there are pins that you can't really make a completely valid opinion on unless you have relatively extensive time on it (not to say that first impressions are irrelevant either). Ironically, I am going to a fellow Pinsider's place this Sunday to play his AV, so I will get the chance to put a bit more time on it.
My current feeling on AV is that it is "ok". I do not dislike it by any means, but at the same time it just hasn't grabbed me as a pin that I'd really want to own.

I felt the exact same about ACDC. Played it a lot on route and was underwhelmed, but knew there was something else there that needed me to unlock.even after I bought it it took 6 months to kick in. I liked it before then, but it was just a decent game with awesome lights and sound (and music of course as I'm a fan). Now it's one of my favorite games ever. So is Avengers, and so is Iron Man, so it's not like I have terrible taste in games.

Here's another example. I really like MB, but I get tired of that game faster than Avengers. I'm afraid to invest high dollar in it (same with MM) because while the theme is A+ and the game plays super fun, It gets kind of stale for me at times. TAV can get that way a bit once you're deep in the versus modes, bit that's also a level of depth that gives it some legs for me and makes it a little better.

#44 5 years ago

I think the game is awesome. I know I sold mine but there is still love for the game. That being said, when I look back I wish the game had better plastics. Also, I sold mine because I made the settings too low. After that, I got a different view of the game and it just ruined it for me. However, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the shots!! Some of the most challenging in pinball.

IF Lyman redid this code...oh one can dream. Current code is good but when you look at what Lyman did with Metallica you can now see how great this game could be.

That being said, I'm surprised it's not gone as well. TFA, I was also underwhelmed by AC/DC. I never had much "FUN" playing that game. As someone said, FUN is the name of the game.

#45 5 years ago

What you guys are saying is so true. I don't think you can get the feel of a game in 5-10 games. To make matters worse for AVLE, few operators would take the time to performs the tweaks this game needed. It's unfortunate that Stern released this without resolving the issues they must have seen if they played the game at all... Dialed in this is still the most fun game I have played. It helps that I am a huge fan of the theme. One of my favorite movies of late.

I have ~5 games on a TRON at a show and based on those games, I think that game sucks. But I would never publish that opinion on TRON threads because I know I don't have enough time on it to really know...

In any event, morning BUMP!

GLWS, we will be sorry to see you leave the Avengers club!

#46 5 years ago

Sorry to see you giving up your AVLE.. Small number of LE relative to other titles. GLWS

#48 5 years ago

The game blows, but it is still better than Xmen

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

What a douchebag comment to put in someone's FS post. Completely false too.

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

You blow.

There are 164 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside