IMAG2204.jpg
IMAG2207.jpg
image.jpg
fire_champange_pinball.jpg
IMG_7537.JPG
IMG_7539.jpg
IMG_7535.jpg
#1 9 years ago

I paid $1700 for it about a year ago and I'm just looking to get the same amount out or trade for another system 11 or any combo of pins worth about the same amount. The game has some cracked plastics and and playfield wear but you can get a brand new Fire! playfield from CPR now. I like the blank wood cab but if anyone would like the original decal art I can get it printed up for a little extra.

IMG_7535.jpgIMG_7535.jpg
IMG_7537.JPGIMG_7537.JPG
IMG_7539.jpgIMG_7539.jpg

#2 9 years ago

What happened to the artwork on the cab? Did it ship that way or has it worn off?

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What happened to the artwork on the cab? Did it ship that way or has it worn off?

LOL

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

On the Champagne Editions, they were decals. They probably (I am only guessing here) got peeled off over time.

To the OP -

1) Do you have more detailed playfield photos?
2) Do all of the displays work properly?
3) Are the tubes present in the backbox and working?

With a bit of work, and some plating from Mike Chestnut, I bet this could be gorgeous.

Love the oak cabinet on this version, and the double fire tubes in the backbox.
Chris

#5 9 years ago

Played this last week and it was fast and fun. I really like the look of the plain wood cabinet.

#6 9 years ago

These decals were apparently terrible quality and fell off almost right away. Tnt has a video on these and explains the issue with the decals.

#7 9 years ago

Beautiful, these have the best artwork of the era imo.

#8 9 years ago

Nice game, I've played this one before and it plays nice. I'd like to upgrade to a CE some day, Fire is lots of fun.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

On the Champagne Editions, they were decals. They probably (I am only guessing here) got peeled off over time.
To the OP -
1) Do you have more detailed playfield photos?
2) Do all of the displays work properly?
3) Are the tubes present in the backbox and working?
With a bit of work, and some plating from Mike Chestnut, I bet this could be gorgeous.
Love the oak cabinet on this version, and the double fire tubes in the backbox.
Chris

Yup. The decals were gone when we got it. I added a photo of what they look like. I can get them made up on CNC cut modern UV cured vinyl.
1) I'll get some more photos up soon.
2) The second player display is out in the pictures but it is an issue with the display itself and I can swap it out with one of our other system 11 displays.
3) The flame drum tubes are present and work great.

fire_champange_pinball.jpgfire_champange_pinball.jpg
#10 9 years ago

In my research and if I recall correctly. The decals may have been bad, but there were a certain number of them that never had them. These were either bought or given to Howard Johnson hotels and for some reason they didnt want them. Here is a pic of the cabinet from a regular edition I am restoring into a CEimage.jpgimage.jpg

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Fixer837:

In my research and if I recall correctly. The decals may have been bad, but there were a certain number of them that never had them. These were either bought or given to Howard Johnson hotels and for some reason they didnt want them. Here is a pic of the cabinet from a regular edition I am restoring into a CE

image.jpg 61 KB

You are correct

#12 9 years ago

Not a system 11 of I have a decent condition Getaway I'd be interested in trading. I love my game but I am trying to build an 11 collection. Usual cab fad, let me know if you are interested.

#13 9 years ago

Way cool. You don't see these come up every day!

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from futurepinhead:

Not a system 11 of I have a decent condition Getaway I'd be interested in trading. I love my game but I am trying to build an 11 collection. Usual cab fad, let me know if you are interested.

I debate getting rid of everything and building a system 11 collection pretty much once a week. They're just a ton of fun, abundant (so cheap), and the art is great during the era.

#15 9 years ago

Just did repairs on a CE Fire and they did not feel like decals on the side. Definitely not vinyl decals anyways. The art felt like it was screen printed ink.

AFAIK the art is identical to standard edition, but doesn't have the brown basecoat, so it seems to me like they would have just screen printed these like the regular edition. Has anybody actually seen one of these "decals" come off? I have seen pictures of numerous ones with no artwork at all and it seems unlikely that the decals would have come off all 5 sides on every one of them, so I've been under the assumption that some just got made with no side art from the factory.

#16 9 years ago

There's no way screened ink could bite into that cab. It would come off fairly quickly. I imagine that is a problem with the decals too.

#17 9 years ago

I see you still have my old dragon

They are right. Some came with decals, some didn't. I'd offer something up for it but most of my trade bait machines sold in the last few days on CL.

#18 9 years ago

I dont think it was howard JOHNSONS i THINK it was like Sheraton or some high end chain will find out

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from gooterman:

I see you still have my old dragon
They are right. Some came with decals, some didn't. I'd offer something up for it but most of my trade bait machines sold in the last few days on CL.

Hey Rob,
We actually sold Dragon about a month ago. It was a fun game and I love the art on it. It was one of the few games we hung on to for a long time.

#20 9 years ago

IMAG2207.jpgIMAG2207.jpg IMAG2204.jpgIMAG2204.jpg IMAG2206.jpgIMAG2206.jpg IMAG2201.jpgIMAG2201.jpg IMAG2203.jpgIMAG2203.jpg
#21 9 years ago

I'll give you 3,500 for that Addams!

#22 9 years ago

Its a nice game played it last week. GLWS

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from sleethering:

I'll give you 3,500 for that Addams!

Addams is already sold. Leaves on Feb 8th

#25 9 years ago

Ok, I was curious. Here's a pic of this one here. It's definitely silk screen screen on this one. You can see the wood grain popping through. I imagine they used whatever they had like other games. This game is a beauty and this one is a good deal considering what other games are selling for.
image.jpgimage.jpg

#26 9 years ago

Damn that does look screened. Super interesting that there seems to be quite a bit of variation in this already rare machine.

#27 9 years ago

The machine looks like it was done by HEP! GLWS!!!

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

The machine looks like it was done by HEP! GLWS!!!

you are either blind or joking...

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

you are either blind or joking...

Ah I see it's getting posted in all FS threads. Must be the Booze in Marlin

#30 9 years ago

The HEP thing started in the MM for sale thread.

#31 9 years ago

Actually, we made the screens and silk screened it ourselves. We just screwed up, and touched it, while we were waiting for the paint to dry. I put my thumb print on either side of the fire so I could be identified later. ; )

#32 9 years ago

I would love to own this

#33 9 years ago

I have a CE FIRE! The artwork on mine is silkscreened not decals.
From my understanding there were a certain amount of CE that were shipped without the silkscreen artwork so they would fit in to more high end locations and look more like a piece of furniture.

Phoebe

#34 9 years ago

This thread has some information about what was/is known about the cabinets without artwork:

https://groups.google.com/d/topic/rec.games.pinball/IWSiFgK-yio/discussion

Brad

#35 9 years ago

You have a credit dot...

Very cool machine though. Wish you were closer.

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

I have a CE FIRE! The artwork on mine is silkscreened not decals.
From my understanding there were a certain amount of CE that were shipped without the silkscreen artwork so they would fit in to more high end locations and look more like a piece of furniture.
Phoebe

What Phoebe says is correct. My CE Fire had silk screened artwork on the sides as well but some of the machines did ship without artwork on them.

#37 9 years ago

So it sounds like Todd was confused when he talks about decals coming off these games when new.

#38 9 years ago

Interesting thread..i think it's cool they had like a special edition back in the day.
I thought Addams was the first

#39 9 years ago

Black Knight had a special edition as well. That was way before Fire and TAF.

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Black Knight had a special edition as well. That was way before Fire and TAF.

Kind of a crappy LE, though I can't think of any LE's earlier than BK. Only difference was micro switches in the ball trough an a foil apron decal.

Can't forget about Eight Ball Deluxe limited edition. The only limited edition that was almost 2500 games and much much uglier than the regular edition.

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=763

#41 9 years ago

Yes you guys are right forgot about EBDLE and Black Knight.

1 week later
#42 9 years ago

We worked out a trade today with Chris aka Garman411. Thanks everyone that offered trades or to purchase the game. If anyone is looking for a price check on one of these in the future it looks like $1700 is about the price for a fair condition machine.

#43 9 years ago

Congrats on the trade

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fsft-fire-champagne-edition and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.