• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Astropin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Hey Pinsiders.

I am ready to change up my line-up and pass my Data East Star Wars to move on to something else. This is a better than average condition machine that is well sorted with $400 worth of maintenance professionally completed in 2012, and has the new rule set ROM installed. I prefer to sell outright but might consider a trade up or down.

Video Clip:

Images: http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/OldSkoolFool83/library/DE%20Star%20Wars%20Pinball

The cabinet on this DE Star Wars overall is in very nice condition. Notice on the front, there was a security bar installed at one point, two screw holes to C3PO’s left, and a dent on Luke Skywalker’s left foot. Other than that, the front looks very nice, not faded, not grungy, not chipped at the bottom, no bondo anywhere. The sides of the cabinet are excellent with only a few, very limited, minor, and typical moving-type of scrapes. It is not faded, not checking, etc. Nice rich colors, glossy, looks great. Legs are good, majority of the original finish present, with some minor scrapes and oxidation at those scrapes. Coin door is great. Black side rails and lock down bar overall look very nice with their original black crinkle finish and a few minor/limited wear marks. Glass is great with only a few typical minor scratches. There are some typical minor bumps to the sides/lower corners of the head but overall it looks nice and has received some color matched touch up. The translight does have a few worn through spots and otherwise looks nice. Back and bottom of the cabinet is fine. Inside of the cabinet has been cleaned and is quite clean. Another big positive, it does not smell! No evidence of nicotine/smoke.

The playfield on this DE Star Wars is very nice! The biggest negatives are the Boba Fett plastic piece by the Death Star is cracked, right sling Stormtrooper corner cracked, and some cracking on the plastic piece by Jabba bounty area. Other plastics overall are good, clear, and clean. On the underside of the playfield, the very poor design of the legs being held in by two screws, has unfortunately caused both legs to have been broken off resulting in damage to the bottom layers of wood but not going through to the playfield. The rest of the underside of the playfield overall is very clean and un-tampered with. The ramps are excellent, not oxidized, no welds broken. Even the center ramp looks to not have the common broken weld. “The Force” and “Jabba’s Bounty” sink holes show typical minor wear. The inserts throughout are excellent. All of the posts are great, not bent. The actual surface of the playfield itself is great, original without touchup, and overall clean. It does have some shine to it. With a little more polishing the playfield surface would be very impressive. I cannot find a spot with missing paint. The mylar is great and flat. The apron is great, not cracked, excellent decals, and great “chrome” on the DE logo. R2D2 is great, Death Star great, pop bumpers great, as well as the drop targets and other targets.

In February of 2012 $400 worth of service was professionally completed on this machine (detailed receipt and description of service included). The service included extensive cleaning, maintenance to switches, targets, new rubbers, and so on. New PinScore power supply installed. Manual/schematics present. This machine plays extremely well. The lowest row of dots on the dot matrix display does not light up and would be considered the biggest “issue” playing wise. The DMD of course is fine otherwise and looks great. The sound is great without issues. Flippers are strong and game plays fast. All pop bumpers work, both slings work, R2D2 jumps around as he should, last I checked all bulbs are working, etc. The Death Star spins just as it should but the motor is slightly noisy for the first 5 minutes of play until it warms up, but is not annoyingly loud (notice in the video clip it is a little louder during ball 2). Multiball works. This machine has the new rule set programmed by Chad Hendrickson installed (I purchased the ROM personally from him and it is signed by him). One of the best additions to this chip is the addition of a ball save. I of course have the original chip as well. Super nice playing machine.

Asking price of $2,800.

Any questions about this machine, please let me know. I have tried to describe and represent it fairly. There is of course some minor wear on this machine but it is still a very nice condition and better than average DE Star Wars machine. I am more interested in selling outright than trading. My main goal is to sell this to acquire a Whitewater machine. I would consider trading the Star Wars and I add cash for a WH20. I have interest mainly in other Bally/Williams machines and can trade up or down (Bram Stoker’s Dracula, Fish Tales, Junk Yard, Shadow, CFTBL, Champion Pub, Corvette, what else?). I also have a ’94 Bally World Cup Soccer that was listed on here before that I will probably be selling as I decided I would rather devote time to fixing up a WH20.

Thanks,
Shane
262-391-1069
Located in Sussex, Wisconsin

#2 9 years ago
Quoted from OldSkoolFool:

This machine has the new rule set programmed by Chad Hendrickson installed (I purchased the ROM personally from him and it is signed by him). One of the best additions to this chip is the addition of a ball save. I of course have the original chip as well. Super nice playing machine.

I can corroborate the signing of the chip. In case you need provenance.

#3 9 years ago

Hey Shane, put a sale post up in my DE Star Wars Club topic, could be good exposure.

#5 9 years ago

Very nice DE SW at a fair price. GLWtS!

#6 9 years ago

Thanks Cheezywhiz!

Just received down payment. Remaining funds supposed to be received by 7/8. I will post a reply if the remaining funds do not get received.

1 month later
#7 9 years ago

So did this sell?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fsft-de-star-wars-49-pics-video-clip-nice-condition-in-wisconsin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.