View topic image gallery

image.jpg
SC-Cabinet.JPG
SC-Backbox.JPG
SC-UpperPlayfield.JPG
SC-MiddlePlayfield.JPG
SC-LowerPlayfield.JPG
SC-Translight.JPG
There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

For Sale - Bally Safecracker. Only 1100 made. LEDs throughout inserts, GI, and backbox. Comes with wings, tokens, topper, and extra rope light. Backbox and side are un-faded. Front of cabinet shows a little fade, and has a chip above the start button.

$6300 OBO. Trades considered +/- cash.

** UPDATE ** - Game is now sold. Thanks for all the interest!

SC-Translight.JPGSC-Translight.JPG SC-LowerPlayfield.JPGSC-LowerPlayfield.JPG SC-MiddlePlayfield.JPGSC-MiddlePlayfield.JPG

#2 10 years ago

More pics...

SC-UpperPlayfield.JPGSC-UpperPlayfield.JPG SC-Backbox.JPGSC-Backbox.JPG SC-Cabinet.JPGSC-Cabinet.JPG

#3 10 years ago

Good luck with the sale! Nice looking game. Never had the good fortune of playing SC before.

#4 10 years ago

Come on over for a few plays before its gone!

#5 10 years ago

Looks very nice. Where are you located?

#6 10 years ago

I am in Phoenix , AZ.

#7 10 years ago

Where's pinmister at? He needs this one (like a hole in the head).

#8 10 years ago

I really want one of these one day. I really do wish you were closer so I could go look at the game. Good luck in your sale OP.

#9 10 years ago

Thanks TigerLaw. It's definitely a popular collector's game.

#10 10 years ago

It's very popular with the ladies because of the timer. I like the challenge of breaking into the vault and getting a coin.

#11 10 years ago

Timed play. Board game in back box. Smaller cabinet. Tokens. Many unique aspects!

Also many traditional pinball goodies in this Pat Lawlor design such as 4 banks of drop targets, wheel spinner, sliding target, etc.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from haiderdj:

Pat Lawlor design

I didn't realize this was a Pat Lawlor design. Very cool!

By the way, you should consider posting pics of the chip under the start button and the front cabinet; people are always most interested in the not so perfect spots.

#13 10 years ago

Fun game. I got to play one at Lyon's Classic Pinball. It takes some getting used to, but I had a lot of fun with it.

#14 10 years ago

I've added this game to my wishlist. If a CQ one pops up in driving range to go check it out I will be there (just FYI to anyone within six hours of me that may happen to have one).

Good luck OP! Your game looks great.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I've added this game to my wishlist. If a CQ one pops up in driving range to go check it out I will be there (just FYI to anyone within six hours of me that may happen to have one).
Good luck OP! Your game looks great.

Someone just posted on the BPA (Boston Pinball Assoc) of one unboxed 1.5 yrs ago w/ 150 plays for $10.5k. That's as close to CQ as you get. That also makes 4 Safe Crackers for sale, the OP's being the most reasonably priced at this moment.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

Someone just posted on the BPA (Boston Pinball Assoc) of one unboxed 1.5 yrs ago w/ 150 plays for $10.5k.

That's a lot of cheese. I bet it looks pretty darn stellar, but I'd rather get one at a more reasonable price and then have one of the master restorers that are here on pinside make it CQ for that price (their work is often better than NIB).

#17 10 years ago

SC is a rare and under appreciated pin IMO. 1100 were made but only roughly 200 were domestic as they were considered gambling devices.

Quoted from Richthofen:

Someone just posted on the BPA (Boston Pinball Assoc) of one unboxed 1.5 yrs ago w/ 150 plays for $10.5k. That's as close to CQ as you get. That also makes 4 Safe Crackers for sale, the OP's being the most reasonably priced at this moment.

Should have said "under priced" instead of "reasonably priced".

#18 10 years ago

GLWS/T!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

SC is a rare and under appreciated pin IMO. 1100 were made but only roughly 200 were domestic as they were considered gambling devices.

I'm glad I was able to bring my SC to Expo in Chicago several years ago (Rosemont location) so you could appreciate it. It may have to make another trip to Expo in the future.

#20 10 years ago

That was the year we played Pinbrawl together, I think. I remember your SC well.

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Should have said "under priced" instead of "reasonably priced".

I don't think he's underpriced. If it was underpriced a flipper would have already bought it.

There was one that went for sub-$5k earlier in the month. I think $5k is the sweet spot with this game, but that's just my opinion.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

I don't think he's underpriced. If it was underpriced a flipper would have already bought it.
There was one that went for sub-$5k earlier in the month. I think $5k is the sweet spot with this game, but that's just my opinion.

Flipper dont but it because it is not appreciated by people because they don't "get it".
There is no reason why this game is not up there with CV or AFM other than it is not something enough people played.

Quoted from schudel5:

I'm glad I was able to bring my SC to Expo in Chicago several years ago (Rosemont location) so you could appreciate it. It may have to make another trip to Expo in the future.

Playing yours is what made me have to get one and I have a Chris Hutchins playfield in mine as well. Thanks again for brining it.

Quoted from pinlawyer:

That was the year we played Pinbrawl together, I think. I remember your SC well.

Yep, our team was playing SC when the other team told me we were not allow to coach players on our own team. All our guy had to do was collect his stash and we would have advance but he risked it and drained in sudden death. Still steamed a out that one.

#23 10 years ago

haiderdj is an honest straight shooter. Buy with confidence.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

I brought mine to Expo back in 2003 and had the mistaken belief that people would put all the tokens they won back in the game. They didn't. Not exactly sure how many tokens were pocketed, but it was a bunch. It could have been one guy playing late at night with no one around, who knows. There were plenty of tokens in the cash box, so most people did re-insert the tokens.

It is possible to place the game on *zero* tokens. SC will still post up "magic credits" for the Assault Mode.

Has anyone found a source for the lower flipper rubbers?

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Wow, it was playing your game, at that show (2002 or so, I think), that immediately motivated me to find one for myself. I thought it was too gimmicky (scaled down size, timed game, tokens rolling down the playfield glass, board game backglass, etc) to seriously consider adding it to the collection (I had never actually played it at this point). I was really impressed by the gameplay. It was fast (for a Lawlor title), had a bunch of great shots and played every bit like a full sized machine. The only downside was restoring that little beast once I located one. Don't let the smaller footprint fool anybody, that sucker weighs every bit as much as a standard game and the playfield is PACKED with heavy assemblies.

Fortunately, SC was not that highly regarded back then and reasonably priced examples (whatever that means ) were still around. Definitely great in a larger collection and a non-pinhead fan favorite. Will never let mine go.

Just want to add a big thanks to you and all the folks that bring games to these shows. I would guess that half my collection choices were based on playing experiences from my many trips to the Chicago Expo and Texas Pinball Festival.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

I brought mine to Expo back in 2003 and had the mistaken belief that people would put all the tokens they won back in the game. They didn't. Not exactly sure how many tokens were pocketed, but it was a bunch. It could have been one guy playing late at night with no one around, who knows. There were plenty of tokens in the cash box, so most people did re-insert the tokens.

Before I took my SC to Expo (2006 I believe) I sourced some cheap generic tokens. They are silver and are the same size as the exported token diameter. I think I paid $20 for about 300 tokens. All I had to do was adjust my coin mech slightly to get them to work. Now I just leave them in there and have the originals in the coin box.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Before I took my SC to Expo (2006 I believe) I sourced some cheap generic tokens. They are silver and are the same size as the exported token diameter. I think I paid $20 for about 300 tokens. All I had to do was adjust my coin mech slightly to get them to work. Now I just leave them in there and have the originals in the coin box.

Excellent idea. Is that generic token source still available? I am strongly considering placing my Safecracker on location, but without tokens rolling down the glass it is not the same game.

Lawlor's original vision for the game was to place it in bars and when patrons won a token they could exchange it for a beer or soft drink. Not sure if that is legal or not, but I like the idea a lot.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

Excellent idea. Is that generic token source still available? I am strongly considering placing my Safecracker on location, but without tokens rolling down the glass it is not the same game.

They are 30mm Japanese Pachislo tokens. There are many online sellers for these, but I can't remember what is printed on mine specifically. I will check tonight as it may help in searching for the exact ones I have.

#29 10 years ago

Hmmmm. I have many pachislo tokens and a Safe Cracker. I think that I will try them tonight.
Thanks Mike!!!
Howie

#30 10 years ago

I have 5 or so nos bags of 15 domestic safe cracker tokens.. I have one bag of 15 silver ones... I always see international ones for sale u never see domestics ones

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

Lawlor's original vision for the game was to place it in bars and when patrons won a token they could exchange it for a beer or soft drink. Not sure if that is legal or not, but I like the idea a lot.

That's a cool idea. I haven't a clue if it is legal or not. I'm sure it goes state by state.

McDonald's gives away free food and drinks when they play their Monopoly and that is basically a 100% game of chance (though no purchase is technically needed, so that comes to play in how they do it). I don't see why the bar couldn't do something similar to this unless a game of skill and game of chance have different legal requirements for awards.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

They are 30mm Japanese Pachislo tokens. There are many online sellers for these, but I can't remember what is printed on mine specifically. I will check tonight as it may help in searching for the exact ones I have.

Thanks Mike! This is a great alternative. I still need to check the legal side of exchanging a token for a drink in the state of Missouri.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

Thanks Mike! This is a great alternative. I still need to check the legal side of exchanging a token for a drink in the state of Missouri.

I checked last night. They are 30mm pachislo tokens and say TOHO on both sides. I searched online and didn't find those ones exactly, but there seemed to be a few retailers that had something that looked like it might work.

#34 10 years ago

Wish I was closer and my game room didnt turn to ash

#35 10 years ago

I had four pins for sale in the last 4 days. 3 of them are sold. Despite some strong interest, this one is still for sale. Get it while it's still available!

Regarding all the token comments above, I believe this one has some domestic, and some international tokens. I honestly need to do a bit more research on exactly what I have, but I will post the findings soon.

#36 10 years ago

Jackpot!

I have nearly 250 tokens that go with the game. To put that into perspective, I have two friends with Safe Crackers, and one guy has 30 tokens with his game, and the other has 24.

When I did a quick Pinside search, it seemed the highest I could find was around 150 tokens with a game for sale.

I'm no token expert, but I believe I have the following:

131 International Tokens
66 Domestic Tokens
45 NOS tokens (3 bags of 15)

As I mentioned in my original post, I also have a set of wings, topper, and extra rope light.

I also managed to dig up the printed manual, and extra set if sling shot plastics, and an extra magic token sticker that goes on the coin door.

Lastly, I have nearly two full rubber ring kits, including 3 of the hard-to-find "23-6773" flipper rings.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

Interestingly volume three of the pinball encyclopedia which I was reading last night indicated this was in fact put into practice.

#38 10 years ago

Weekend bump. Coming close on a few deals, but nothing definitive yet.

#39 10 years ago

Bump, Haider's Safecracker is immaculate, and he's good people, even though he won't sell me his Fathom...

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from haiderdj:

Lastly, I have nearly two full rubber ring kits, including 3 of the hard-to-find "23-6773" flipper rings.

BTW for anyone interested, this is no trivial deal here! Those flipper rings are gold

Also this game is fantastic if you have a corner in your room for a game. The compact size and the "wings" make it slip into a corner between other games just perfectly.

Your game looks great and glws!

#42 10 years ago

Hey Doug, can I get my finder's fee now

#44 10 years ago

Busy day. All PMs replied to.

#45 10 years ago

Sold. Thanks for all the interest!

#46 10 years ago

I finally got to play this in Denmark. It was a hoot to play. Who knew such a small PF could be so fun? A few hours later, I'm handed a token to play the crazy "Assault the Vault" mode. Real fun. This game is really underrated. Another Pat winner.

#47 10 years ago

Pinside went from having two Safe Crackers for sale to zero Safe Crackers for sale in less than thirty minutes. Congrats to both the buyer and seller.

#48 10 years ago

Let me share something that will drive you nuts.

If you dont have the safecracker token... you have not played pinball.

If you ever have a chance to touch a safecracker, you owe it to yourself to not only play it, but not stop playing it until a coin comes out. This coin alone is proof of your love of pinball, and without it you are powerless.

Seek the coin.

This rumor got out at TPF 2013 (a vendor bought the sole Safe Cracker amongst 350+ pins and had it loaded with repro coins) and the line was longer than you would believe!

#49 10 years ago

Well i stil have a HUO SF for sale....
Always willing to accept offers send me a PM for foto's.

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Pinside went from having two Safe Crackers for sale to zero Safe Crackers for sale in less than thirty minutes. Congrats to both the buyer and seller.

I loved everything about Safecracker EXCEPT WORKING ON IT! I swear, with all the mechs crammed in under that PF, that thing felt heavier than almost any other pin! It seemed like you had to remove 3 or 4 neighboring pieces anytime you wanted to work on a single mech too.

Great game though. I still have 4 or 5 complete original token sets for it. (No, they're not for sale! MINE!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

8,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Montréal, QC
9,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Royal Oak, MI
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fsft-bally-safecracker/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.