By ypurchn

2 weeks ago

Stats

• 33 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by ypurchn
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 40 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

19F930C7-2D45-4E4B-8B34-7AB87CB63199 (resized).jpeg
0AF4F9EE-2CB2-49CE-906A-674C1B62B289 (resized).jpeg
DSC_0206 (resized).jpg
DSC_0207 (resized).jpg
DSC_0204 (resized).jpg
DSC_0205 (resized).jpg
DSC_0210 (resized).jpg
DSC_0181 (resized).jpg
DSC_0181 (2) (resized).jpg
DSC_0177 (resized).jpg
DSC_0176 (resized).jpg
DSC_0175 (resized).jpg
DSC_0172 (resized).jpg
DSC_0172 (2) (resized).jpg
DSC_0171 (resized).jpg
DSC_0171 (2) (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

It was generated from this Marketplace listing.

#1 18 days ago

Price

$ 2,700

Use the Market archive as a reference for past sales data on this particular game.

for sale Sale pending!

FS: Back To The Future
Featured Ad

Added: November 6th, 2017
Condition: Partially shopped/refurbished

Item description

Back to the Future pin for sale. The game plays fast with the new flippers and has no tech checks.

Within the last 50 plays the top side has been cleaned, waxed, and new rubbers installed.

All bulbs replaced. A few LEDs sprinkled in the GI. Ignore all of the LEDs seen in the pics.
The flippers have been fully rebuilt - all new mechanisms with new coils and new white flipper bats installed
Full white ring set from Marco installed w/ red flipper rubbers and w/ new red star posts
All drop targets replaced with new flame decals
New shooter rod w/ new inner and outer springs
New leg levelers
New coin door latch
3 prong (grounded) plug added to the end of the power cord
New "knocker" coil
NVRAM installed with remote battery holders so whichever option you prefer it's ready to go

Bad: Knocker coil (i.e. the coil that knocks when you get an extra ball or something) will stay energized so it's currently disconnected. Impacts the gameplay in 0 ways.
Bottom row of the display is going out.

$2700 cash. No PayPal. Will do escrow.com at buyers expense. or my wish list is current for trades will do +/- cash depending on what you have to offer. Pickup in Cumming, GA 30040. Walk out basement.

Item photos

DSC_0206 (resized).jpg
DSC_0207 (resized).jpg
DSC_0204 (resized).jpg
DSC_0205 (resized).jpg
DSC_0210 (resized).jpg
DSC_0181 (resized).jpg
DSC_0181 (2) (resized).jpg
DSC_0177 (resized).jpg
DSC_0176 (resized).jpg
DSC_0175 (resized).jpg
DSC_0172 (resized).jpg
DSC_0172 (2) (resized).jpg
DSC_0171 (resized).jpg
DSC_0171 (2) (resized).jpg
DSC_0170 (resized).jpg
DSC_0169 (resized).jpg
DSC_0170 (2) (resized).jpg
DSC_0212 (resized).jpg
DSC_0159 (resized).jpg
DSC_0158 (resized).jpg
DSC_0148 (resized).jpg
DSC_0146 (resized).jpg
DSC_0145 (resized).jpg
DSC_0134 (resized).jpg
DSC_0132 (resized).jpg
DSC_0168 (resized).jpg
DSC_0168 (2) (resized).jpg
DSC_0167 (resized).jpg
DSC_0167 (2) (resized).jpg
DSC_0166 (resized).jpg
DSC_0165 (resized).jpg
DSC_0164 (resized).jpg
DSC_0161 (resized).jpg
DSC_0160 (resized).jpg
DSC_0150 (resized).JPG
DSC_0140 (resized).JPG
DSC_0133 (resized).JPG
DSC_0131 (resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Shipping/pickup info

Pick up
Willing to ship mainland
Willing to ship overseas

“Will ship at buyers expense. Game is in walkout basement. ”

Item location

Atlanta, GA, United States

Seller insights

These are ypurchn's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to ypurchn's stats page

Other ads from this Pinsider

ypurchn currently has 1 other ad on the Pinside marketplace.

Mod - For Sale
Atlanta, GA

#2 17 days ago

I resized the pictures so I was able to upload them...

#3 16 days ago

Price dropped bump AND I added a poll just to have fun.

THE POLL SHOULD READ <$2500 and I can’t figure out how to edit it!! Vote for >$2500 if you really meen <$2500

#4 16 days ago

wow - a poll on an ad? Never seen that before but good for you ; )

Love BTTF......

#5 16 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

wow - a poll on an ad? Never seen that before but good for you ; )
Love BTTF......

Haha first time for everything. I think it’s a glitch no one has called the mods on. I was playing around on my phone trying to find a way to rearrange pictures because I couldn’t do it on my computer. Stumbled across the options. Figured why not?
So far 5 votes <$2500 - would be purchasers. And 1 vote >$3000 - BTTF owners

#6 16 days ago

Looks like you own 2 of these from pictures?

#7 16 days ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Looks like you own 2 of these from pictures?

Yep. I purchased 1 earlier this year. A few months later, I saved another 1 from the dumpster. It’s not playable yet but, at a point where I can sell off my 1st as I “hope” I no longer need a working example to go by.

#8 16 days ago

I like the poll on the ad. Everyone gives their 2 cents anyways, at least this way you asked for it! Good luck!

#9 15 days ago
Quoted from WyseGuy:

I like the poll on the ad. Everyone gives their 2 cents anyways, at least this way you asked for it! Good luck!

Yeah, I figured why not. Trying to generate some free traffic and encourage discussion.

#10 15 days ago

I think your close on price, just wrong market. Most people on this website are not looking for a de back to the future. Good deal with display

#11 15 days ago

Pinside is not the right market for listing a pinball machine? What?

Quoted from lostlumberjacks:

I think your close on price, just wrong market. Most people on this website are not looking for a de back to the future. Good deal with display

#12 15 days ago

Sold mine in similar condition for $3700 last year just FYI. Buyer was a huge BTTF fan but just throwing this out there for price reference.

#13 15 days ago
Quoted from enjoyvelvet:

Sold mine in similar condition for $3700 last year just FYI. Buyer was a huge BTTF fan but just throwing this out there for price reference.

Yeah... tell me about it. Back in the summer:
Arranged a straight up trade for a DESW with a pinsider. After about 2 weeks that trader backed out claiming his son wouldn't let him get rid of the game. Within a few months, DESW had left his collection.
Then, I had this game sold for $3400 to a 2nd pinsider. He backed out after a week or so and I refunded part of what was supposed to be a non-refundable deposit. He purchased a BTTF within a couple of months.
During those 3ish weeks I lost out on at least 2 other sales from guys that were interested but, they moved on and bought other BTTFs. Heck, I even pointed a potential buyer in the direction of some BTTFs I'd found during my pricing research.
Oh well, it's just pinball...

I'll let this add run and if it doesn't sell at this price it'll just keep sitting in my basement. At least 1 BTTF wanted add pops up every 4-6 weeks.

It is def a buyers market right now. We'll see if that turns around with Christmas coming up.

#14 15 days ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

Yeah... tell me about it. Back in the summer:
Arranged a straight up trade for a DESW with a pinsider. After about 2 weeks that trader backed out claiming his son wouldn't let him get rid of the game. Within a few months, DESW had left his collection.
Then, I had this game sold for $3400 to a 2nd pinsider. He backed out after a week or so and I refunded part of what was supposed to be a non-refundable deposit. He purchased a BTTF within a couple of months.
During those 3ish weeks I lost out on at least 2 other sales from guys that were interested but, they moved on and bought other BTTFs. Heck, I even pointed a potential buyer in the direction of some BTTFs I'd found during my pricing research.
Oh well, it's just pinball...
I'll let this add run and if it doesn't sell at this price it'll just keep sitting in my basement. At least 1 BTTF wanted add pops up every 4-6 weeks.
It is def a buyers market right now. We'll see if that turns around with Christmas coming up.

To me getting anything over $2k for BTTF is a sellers market! This game has skyrocketed in value. I never would of let it leave my collection but I couldn't pass up that offer and it helped me purchase a GB Pro.

#15 14 days ago
Quoted from enjoyvelvet:

To me getting anything over $2k for BTTF is a sellers market! This game has skyrocketed in value. I never would of let it leave my collection but I couldn't pass up that offer and it helped me purchase a GB Pro.

I guess it’s all relative to the timeframe.

STI will be dropping off a pin at my house middle of next week sometime. I’d hope you could get some kind of small discount since they’re already coming here.

#16 14 days ago

High level of interest in Twister and Met Pro if someone is interested in trading.

#17 14 days ago

Always wondered about this game - huge BTTF fan, but I've never played it, which is hard to justify a (somewhat) pricey buy

#18 14 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Always wondered about this game - huge BTTF fan, but I've never played it, which is hard to justify a (somewhat) pricey buy

I’ll hold your MB for you until you decide

#19 14 days ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

I’ll hold your MB for you until you decide

Wait a couple months and you can have your very own!

#20 14 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Wait a couple months and you can have your very own!

I’m growing concerned about the newer technology being too hard and/or expensive for the average DIYer to work on in the future... but I guess every generation fears the future

#21 14 days ago

Remeber when this was under a grand?
Peppridge Farm remebers...

#22 14 days ago

0AF4F9EE-2CB2-49CE-906A-674C1B62B289 (resized).jpeg

#23 14 days ago

Thirsty Thursday went well for me so I decided to replace all of the easily accessible red star posts. I didn’t have any when I did the ring job but finally got some in. I think the total came to 10 or 11 replaced.

#24 14 days ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

I’m growing concerned about the newer technology being too hard and/or expensive for the average DIYer to work on in the future... but I guess every generation fears the future

Shhhhhhh.... more games at lower price for those of us who know how to work on them

But basically, yes you are right. The pinball controller appears to be pretty straight forward but the huge amount of software involved which is written specifically for those
Chips is definitely a problem. Eventually chips are no longer available; takes 5-10 years in general for a generational change like that

#25 13 days ago

19F930C7-2D45-4E4B-8B34-7AB87CB63199 (resized).jpeg

#26 11 days ago

@skywelker posted this on another forum. It was too good not to bring it over here.

The temporal junction point of the entire space-time continuum bump (Nov 12th, 1955)

I'm still very interested in trades and given the fact that my wife is 37 weeks pregnant, I can be appreciative of your time to drag a game to me for a trade. Although I could really use a 2 day road trip somewhere at this point. Even if you're local, I'm telling the wife you're in Wyoming...

#27 9 days ago

Jalpert, lol, let me clarify. These games that are popular due to theme, such as teenage mutant ninja turtles, South Park, back to future, Harley, etc are tough to sell to pinball collectors, On these diehard type websites. Not considered the greatest games but are collected due to theme. That's all I am saying. I've listed these type games on here and rgp and they never sell, but list on eBay for example and poof gone instantaneously. Good luck with the sale.

#28 9 days ago
Quoted from lostlumberjacks:

Jalpert, lol, let me clarify. These games that are popular due to theme, such as teenage mutant ninja turtles, South Park, back to future, Harley, etc are tough to sell to pinball collectors, On these diehard type websites. Not considered the greatest games but are collected due to theme. That's all I am saying. I've listed these type games on here and rgp and they never sell, but list on eBay for example and poof gone instantaneously. Good luck with the sale.

Yep this will probably go on eBay by the weekend and I’ll shut down this add. I’ll be the cheapest BTTF on eBay by over $1k!! Still figuring out how I can get away from PayPal on eBay if anyone has any thoughts. Even if you deselect PayPal it appears they still require at least 1 CC to be accepted... not sure if that runs through PayPal or what

#29 8 days ago

sure just put your number in the ad and people will call you - it's hard to get people your contact info once the ad is up as ebay catches it

#30 5 days ago

Last price drop. Updated description.

#32 4 days ago
Quoted from achtungboyy:

PM sent

Responded

#33 4 days ago

Sale pending.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

It was generated from this Marketplace listing.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside