(Topic ID: 202622)

FS/FT: 1972 Gottlieb Grand Slam (wedgehead)

By SkyKing2301

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC07089 (resized).JPG
DSC07091 (resized).JPG
DSC07092 (resized).JPG
DSC07093 (resized).JPG
DSC07094 (resized).JPG
DSC07095 (resized).JPG
DSC07099 (resized).JPG
DSC07096 (resized).JPG
DSC07098 (resized).JPG
DSC07102 (resized).JPG
DSC07103 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SkyKing2301.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 6 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

FS/FT: 1972 Gottlieb Grand Slam (wedgehead)

Added: 2017-11-13 19:49:10 UTC • Ended: November 20th, 2017
Condition: Functional - needs minor work

Price

$ 375 (OBO)

Open for offers

1972 Gottlieb Grand Slam wedgehead for sale!

Free delivery to Free Play Florida this coming weekend! I’m providing as much detail as I can in this listing, in the hopes that I can find a buyer headed to FPF. I already have another project machine (Flying Chariots), and I’m not a big baseball fan anyway, so this Grand Slam is up for grabs!

Last night, I salvaged this machine from a local storage unit, so I haven’t spent much time on it – just enough to assess its health and create this posting. Owner claimed it didn’t work before going into storage nearly 20 years ago up in Massachusetts. She brought it down to FL and has moved it from storage unit to storage unit (all with A/C), and finally wanted to stop paying storage fees so was clearing everything out.

I brought it home and got it up and running – I did not perform any further troubleshooting / repair. It will need some work (i.e., clean the steppers, etc.), just like any EM that sits in storage for years.

Pics attached; video demo located at

Functionality: Reference video above. Flippers and all playfield switches work, reels respond, chimes & bell work. When I turned it on, knocker coil locked on – probably switch stuck closed somewhere; did not troubleshoot, just disconnected the knocker coil wire. Roto-target can be freely rotated by hand, but I didn’t see it spin during gameplay. Game does not fully reset; cycle starts and then stops, reels do not reset, does not advance to ball 1. (I was able to demonstrate playfield & flipper functionality by manually stepping it to Ball 1.)

Playfield: Great color. Wear spots on playfield near kickout holes. Minor planking in a few areas. Plastics in excellent shape; one has a tiny crack near attach hole, but is still fully intact. See pics.

Backglass: Very minor flaking in a few areas of the white; otherwise in very good shape – and the reds haven’t faded! See pics.
Cabinet: Original paint in pretty good shape, though the wine colored accents have faded slightly. The ball on the right side is still a nice wine color, while it’s slightly faded to a medium pink on the backbox and left side. Small chunk of the outer layer missing on the left side, near the front. See pics. There was a crack in the pedestal, which I repaired overnight with carpenter’s wood glue. Lockdown bar and backbox cover are not shown in photos but are in excellent condition. Also, the machine does not have legs; the owner misplaced the legs during one of her moves.

Asking $375. Currently located in Titusville, FL; will bring to FPF this weekend for no additional charge.

Item photos

DSC07089 (resized).JPG
DSC07103 (resized).JPG
DSC07102 (resized).JPG
DSC07098 (resized).JPG
DSC07096 (resized).JPG
DSC07099 (resized).JPG
DSC07095 (resized).JPG
DSC07094 (resized).JPG
DSC07093 (resized).JPG
DSC07092 (resized).JPG
DSC07091 (resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are SkyKing2301's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to SkyKing2301's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Titusville, FL, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.00
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
$ 25.00
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SkyKing2301.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fsft-1972-gottlieb-grand-slam-wedgehead?tu=SkyKing2301 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.