IMG_6795.JPG
IMG_20140403_124507.jpg
IMG_20140403_074457.jpg
IMG_20140403_074321.jpg
IMG_20140329_204446.jpg
IMG_20140329_204436.jpg
IMG_20140329_204425.jpg
IMG_20140329_204402.jpg
There are 151 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 10 years ago

Modding to Tron is what makes the pin so much better. Elis ramp kit and a shaker motor are a must to add to the experience. Some of the mods like the Cliffy protectors for ramp and scoop are a must and the pin blade mirrors just add to the look of Tron so much. The FF speaker kit adds a rumble along with the shaker that cant be beat.

All the comments at Louisville were I cant believe this is not a LE and both I took to Expo in Chicago sold along with this one very quick. If you get a NIB stock pro and then add all of the mods, you will be over 8k so maybe Hooked and Centerflake are correct that 10k is well on the way for this awesome pin of Tron.

Good Luck! I wished I had not sold mine and just wanted to say NIB is not the best way to go on Tron as I cant imagine many are routed and most have mods on them. Its what makes them fun and you wil save some cash over what they sell for new now. If you got the cash and like Tron get the mods. My Tron was a hit of the Louisville show and was surprised I did not get the award for nest of show. I guess it leaving early hurt my chances. See pics below.

IMG_6795.JPGIMG_6795.JPG IMG_6776.JPGIMG_6776.JPG IMG_6783.JPGIMG_6783.JPG IMG_6809.JPGIMG_6809.JPG IMG_6818.JPGIMG_6818.JPG IMG_6792.JPGIMG_6792.JPG
#52 10 years ago

Wow, that was your Tron at Louisville? That and Iron Man were my most played pins that day. Such a gorgeous machine!

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Wow, that was your Tron at Louisville? That and Iron Man were my most played pins that day. Such a gorgeous machine!

Thanks, I had Tron, WOZ and TAF plus a trade for the TSPP. I sold all of them at the show or just a little later. My TAF was nice with the color DMD. The orange body rails and lockbar cost almost 700 alone but the shaker and FF speaker kit a full one are a must. The 2.1 and 3.1 Tron game mod are also very nice.

#54 10 years ago

I may have found a Tron...As such, I'm lowering the price on this a little to see if it moves so I can make room and pay for said Tron! $5300

#55 10 years ago

Buddy, that sure was a nice looking Tron! I imagine that baby must have been hard to get rid of.

I believe I will probably end up with either this Magneto or yours depending on what gets worked out. Let me know as soon as you can so I can let nicoga know for sure what is going on.

#56 10 years ago

Looks like we posted at the same time. If you found yourself a Tron, congrats! I'm glad you decided to hold off and not go with the NIB. I think you're bound to get a better deal.

Heck, if I don't get rid of my Tron, I may have to bling it out like Buddy's. That was very cool.

#57 10 years ago

If you decide soon on your Tron, let me know. I won't be finalizing my Tron until tomorrow night, so...

#58 10 years ago

I myself am in the market for a TRON as well, but not rushing at all. Personally the virtual versions of it are REALLY good and with the virtual I get all of the visuals and modes of the LE since the LE is what they used. I will say that in my "Helen" ACDC that the FF sound system, Cointaker LED backbox, Cointaker playfield LED's, shaker, and Helen decal set it sure is a great addition to the game....and imagine that is the case for all new sterns. I'd have to say that on ACDC the shaker is the must have item 1st.

Dough.....yea...yer tron was really nice. Prolly put 25+ plays on it myself. I'd say Ironman and Metallica were up there for the best.

#59 10 years ago

I trolled your reddit thread for luck.

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I trolled your reddit thread for luck.

Haha my phone just said I had a reddit reply. I'll be joining the Tron thread soon enough...Hopefully next week!

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from bub2010:

I myself am in the market for a TRON as well, but not rushing at all. Personally the virtual versions of it are REALLY good and with the virtual I get all of the visuals and modes of the LE since the LE is what they used. I will say that in my "Helen" ACDC that the FF sound system, Cointaker LED backbox, Cointaker playfield LED's, shaker, and Helen decal set it sure is a great addition to the game....and imagine that is the case for all new sterns. I'd have to say that on ACDC the shaker is the must have item 1st.
Dough.....yea...yer tron was really nice. Prolly put 25+ plays on it myself. I'd say Ironman and Metallica were up there for the best.

Don't know how I completely missed this post yesterday, haha.

I've played a virtual version if Tron. My complaint is that none of the shots feel "real". I know some shots are tough, but I felt like hitting anything requires really bizarre aiming. Now, that could be because the Sim was Future Pinball, but even still...

I think simulating tables is fine for things I either never can or never want to own, but for a game like Tron, if I can get my hands on one and put it into my collection, I'd be doing it a disservice to emulate it!

#62 10 years ago

Had several folks at the ohio show say how amazing the one I took played and had them re-thinking the whole virtual thing. Saw 2 or 3 people comment on how they used to own xx table and it felt pretty close to them. Check out more info in some of the virtual pin threads here.

GL with finding one and selling X-men.

#63 10 years ago

Game looks very cool! I get tempted at times to sell my ACDC Premium for an XMEN LE. GLWTS!

#64 10 years ago

Baffles me this machine doesn't disappear in seconds for that price.... It just goes to show how little I know about how this hobby really works. Great machine, great price.

#65 10 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Baffles me this machine doesn't disappear in seconds for that price.... It just goes to show how little I know about how this hobby really works. Great machine, great price.

Honestly? I think the old code scares people. I never played it, but a lot of people complained about it. The new code, however, is glorious. It could also have something to do with the fact that not a ton of folks have played the game.

Whatever the case, it's a blast. I played a few games yesterday. It always gets me pumped when I manage to start a villain BEFORE Weapon X multiball. Oh, and Iceman ramp. I can't say it enough how fun it is to start Iceman's mode and hit his ramp. Seeing the ball zoom across the playfield for multiple Iceman shots is magnificent!

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Game looks very cool! I get tempted at times to sell my ACDC Premium for an XMEN LE. GLWTS!

Let me know how that goes!

FYI - I'm willing to sell without mods for $5000. Mirror Blades stay because I'm not going to bother trying to remove those.

#67 10 years ago

I'd change your thread title to $5000 then, get more interest, and offer the mods in the fine print.

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'd change your thread title to $5000 then, get more interest, and offer the mods in the fine print.

Good call.

Updated accordingly.

$5000 without mods (I would keep the shaker, sub, and backglass and speaker light kit...Mirror blades, and speaker cover stay). $5300 with all mods. I'm happy to take a video or get additional pictures.

#69 10 years ago

Nic,

I'll call you later this afternoon.

Darin

#70 10 years ago

I'm obviously not a fan of the game but considering the mods the game is definitely worth $5,300. However, at $5,000 if I were a prospective buyer I would demand the shaker or at least go half which is about $90.

Anyway, good luck with the sale OP.

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I'm obviously not a fan of the game but considering the mods the game is definitely worth $5,300. However, at $5,000 if I were a prospective buyer I would demand the shaker or at least go half which is about $90.
Anyway, good luck with the sale OP.

Nobody is entitled to "demand" any mod at $5000. They are welcome to work out a deal with it, but demand? No no no, that's not how I would approach it.

#72 10 years ago

can i rent it

#73 10 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Nobody is entitled to "demand" any mod at $5000.

Wow...LOL...Semantics!! You knew what I meant.

Anyway, good luck and I hope you sell it to a happy buyer so you can get your next venture. I do have to say it's a beautiful machine and sounds like the code is very solid.

Best of luck again OP.

#74 10 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Wow...LOL...Semantics!! You knew what I meant.
Anyway, good luck and I hope you sell it to a happy buyer so you can get your next venture. I do have to say it's a beautiful machine and sounds like the code is very solid.
Best of luck again OP.

Sorry, TOTALLY misread it as something else. My bad!

#75 10 years ago

I hope it sells quick so you are able to get your tron. I've seen a xmen le locale to me on Craig's list for $5,200 for sale for at least the past month. This makes me a little hesatant to pick one up. It seems like a difficult game to sell. I never plan on selling when I buy but sh*t happens.

#76 10 years ago

I seen an auction the other night and one went for $4050. With fees I am sure it was closer to $4500. But still a good deal. I did not hear about this auction until an hour before hand so really didn't have the time to pull the trigger. As I really would have like to have inspected something like that before bidding on something online. Same auction had a No Fear HUO for $1825 and Metallica LE $6100. I wonder if someone on pinside scored these machines?

https://www.biddergy.com/detail.asp?id=284100
https://www.biddergy.com/detail.asp?id=284110
https://www.biddergy.com/detail.asp?id=284106

GLWS. If I had the cash I would be making a deal, but just a bit short at the moment.

#77 10 years ago

I have a few offers now in the works. We will see what happens...

#78 10 years ago

are you coming up to Midwest Gaming this weekend? if so, i might be able to work something out with you.

christopher

#79 10 years ago

Wow! Smokin deal on a beautiful pin!

#80 10 years ago

This price is criminal! GLWS!

#81 10 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

are you coming up to Midwest Gaming this weekend? if so, i might be able to work something out with you.
christopher

I won't be able to make that - already have plans!

I've got a few calls and such out. If everyone calls back and things line up, this will be off the market. But until that happens, things are still somewhat open!

#82 10 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

I've seen a xmen le locale to me on Craig's list for $5,200 for sale for at least the past month

lol, that one feels like it's been for sale for ages now, it just won't move.

#83 10 years ago

I'll trade you my Stargate and strikes n spares for your xmen.

#84 10 years ago

I sincerely hope your plans work out. It has been great talking with you the last week. When you get your Tron (hopefully) please post some photos.

#85 10 years ago
Quoted from marlboroa:

I'll trade you my Stargate and strikes n spares for your xmen.

Sorry, only interested in Tron. Which, I think I've got sorted out. Just looking to sell the X-Men at this point. Thanks though!

#86 10 years ago

I should add that I am NOT looking for OBO at this point. I consider this to be a ridiculously good deal, so if you're going to offer me less, please don't bother PM'ing me as I'm not going to say yes.

#87 10 years ago

Stunned..... This will be a very funny thread in the upcoming months when people realize they missed out on a crazy good deal. I just picked up a Who Dunnit and think it is great fun. I guess that just goes to show my judgement on good/bad pinball is "suspect".

#88 10 years ago

Trixie did it

#89 10 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Stunned..... This will be a very funny thread in the upcoming months when people realize they missed out on a crazy good deal. I just picked up a WHO dunnit and think it is great fun. I guess that just goes to show my judgement on good/bad pinball is "suspect".

I'll be that guy who people talk about when they say, " Well one sold for x back in April, so..."

#90 10 years ago

WOW!!! $5K ='s STEAL!

Were you going to Allentown? If you are, you should let it be known (if you haven't already) so someone could grab it from you there.

#91 10 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I should add that I am NOT looking for OBO at this point. I consider this to be a ridiculously good deal, so if you're going to offer me less, please don't bother PM'ing me as I'm not going to say yes.

I'll give you $4,999 for it.

J/K bro. Good luck bro. This shouldn't last through Monday.

#92 10 years ago

If you were closer to the Canadian border, it would be pretty tough to say no to this.
Any chance you're coming to Buffalo or Detroit in the near future?
The only way to make this work is to avoid an extra $500 in shipping fees.
Great price though!

#93 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

lol, that one feels like it's been for sale for ages now, it just won't move.

That's because....

well you know.

I might not care for this pin, but this is obviously a very fair asking price for this machine.

#94 10 years ago

In a year, people will say "wow I should have grabbed that Xmen for $5000 a year ago ... Wow they were cheap then!"

Same as

Ironman
Spider-Man
Tron

Grab it cheap while you can.

If I was close I'd buy it myself and warehouse it for a year. $$$

rd.

#95 10 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

If you were closer to the Canadian border, it would be pretty tough to say no to this.
Any chance you're coming to Buffalo or Detroit in the near future?
The only way to make this work is to avoid an extra $500 in shipping fees.
Great price though!

I actually just responded to a gentleman asking me a similar question...My wife and I just got back from Disney for her birthday in March, and we're going AGAIN for my birthday in Florida. No way to work in any sort of "bonus" trips between then. On top of that, we're getting a puppy soon...So that puts a wrench in ALL of our travel plans, haha.

Quoted from Pinfidel:WOW!!! $5K ='s STEAL!
Were you going to Allentown? If you are, you should let it be known (if you haven't already) so someone could grab it from you there.

No, I can't make it to Allentown for the above reason (also, we have other things going on already). I've had a few folks ask that.

I should mention AGAIN that $5k is WITHOUT the sub, shaker, backbox and speaker LED kits. The mirror blades will stay in, though (I don't want to remove them). $5300 takes the game and all the mods, which given the COST of those mods, is a killer deal.

#96 10 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

In a year, people will say "wow I should have grabbed that Xmen for $5000 a year ago ... Wow they were cheap then!"
Same as
Ironman
Spider-Man
Tron
Grab it cheap while you can.
If I was close I'd buy it myself and warehouse it for a year. $$$
rd.

No one will give a shit about this pin in one year or ten. It will never be a SM, IM, or Tron.

I guarantee the OP won't miss it one bit once he get's a Tron.

#97 10 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

No one will give a shit about this pin in one year or ten. It will never be a SM, IM, or Tron.

I don't know, the flow of this game is pretty legit. The shots are fun, the art is really cool, and I STILL can't get enough of that Iceman ramp shot.

#98 10 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

I wouldn't be so sure on that.

I had the only Magneto LE in NZ. I got it first day. Several people have now imported them into NZ after playing mine.

This one would have probably gone the same way, but Indiana is nowhere near a sea port so road freight kills it (for export anyway)

rd

#99 10 years ago

Bump

#100 10 years ago

All good.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
There are 151 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-x-men-le-magneto/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.