View topic image gallery

Orlando_Pics_004.JPG
MG_001.JPG
Orlando_Pics_006.JPG
6456875C-2DB5-4575-A9DB-9B0D9B7640BD[1.jpg
8E0F7E5B-41D9-4A88-8435-907BA538C13D[1.jpg
E912791C-2260-46C0-9AE5-5D7FC833D7DC[1.jpg
image.jpg
There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

Selling a very nice WPT. It's in almost perfect condition, aside from part of the wood on the underside of the cab that was punched through. It can easily be repaired with some bondo. Everything else about it is great. No wear at all. I just replaced the upper playfield with a brand new one, rerubbered the upper playfield, and polished all the metal parts on it, and also waxed both playfields. The cab looks great, and has the extended side armor on it, as well as leg protectors. It also has the Steve Ritchie mod done to it which makes the game flow much better. Upgraded to reinforced drop targets. Some of the target decals show wear, but I have a full set of replacements.

It also includes a bill acceptor you can sell for ~$100. Or you can reduce the price $50 and I'll keep the bill acceptor.

$2350, firm. $2300 without bill acceptor.
Pics: https://plus.google.com/photos/104188479394196570738/albums/5880162085575622225?authkey=COn04eKr0dvHHg

E912791C-2260-46C0-9AE5-5D7FC833D7DC[1.jpgE912791C-2260-46C0-9AE5-5D7FC833D7DC[1.jpg 8E0F7E5B-41D9-4A88-8435-907BA538C13D[1.jpg8E0F7E5B-41D9-4A88-8435-907BA538C13D[1.jpg 6456875C-2DB5-4575-A9DB-9B0D9B7640BD[1.jpg6456875C-2DB5-4575-A9DB-9B0D9B7640BD[1.jpg

#2 11 years ago

Also, this will probably only be up for sale this week, if it doesn't sell then it will stay in my collection for now.

#3 11 years ago

wondering what the ritchie mod is you spoke of? I own a WPT and think it is a great game.

#4 11 years ago

Try googling for it. I think it involves removing several posts that reduce flow, as well as disabling some posts. Basically it's how Steve designed the game to play but Stern overruled him.

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from yoshootme:

wondering what the ritchie mod is you spoke of? I own a WPT and think it is a great game.

Also wondering what it is. Could you take a photo or elaborate?

Bump for a great game.

Jim

EDIT: thanks for the response.

#6 11 years ago

I didn't turn off the posts until last week, but that's supposed to be done as well. Once I did that, wow, it's such a great flowing game.

#7 11 years ago

Night bump!

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Try googling for it. I think it involves removing several posts that reduce flow, as well as disabling some posts. Basically it's how Steve designed the game to play but Stern overruled him.

Close. First, remove the wire gate at the top left part of the orbit (2 screws, or hold the gate up with a wire tie). Second, disable flop and turn posts in software. That's it, but the game flows much better with these simple tweaks.

Great game, great price, better than most games selling for $4-5k these days. Incredible rule integration and strategy. GLWS!!

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Great game, great price, better than most games selling for $4-5k these days. Incredible rule integration and strategy. GLWS!!

Ditto that.....and better than some selling for over 6k

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Close. First, remove the wire gate at the top left part of the orbit (2 screws, or hold the gate up with a wire tie). Second, disable flop and turn posts in software. That's it, but the game flows much better with these simple tweaks.

Thanks, hope that helps some folks out. The previous owner did the work for me.

#11 11 years ago

Bump.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Neat.

I wish I would have seen this before I got rid of my WPT. Dunno if if would have led me to keep it- but it sure sounds like a gameplay improvement.

3 weeks later
#13 10 years ago

Decided I might still be interested in selling it, or trading it plus cash for a Tron.

#14 10 years ago

GLWS!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Ditto that.....and better than some selling for over 6k

Let's not get carried away here. There are pleanty-a-Sterns that are much better than WPT, especially the 6K titles...

One thing that does confuse me though; folks seem to pay 4K+ for IJ4 and you can get a WPT for 2300? I don't get that at all. IJ4 isn't horrible but it certainly isn't as good as WPT. I doubt I would ever consider selling my WPT unless someone made me an offer I just couldn't pass up.

#16 10 years ago

Unbelievable game. one of the most fun pins out there. put in some LED's, some white rubber and not only does it play well, but it looks great. (not sure who suggested never putting in the LED's in a previous post about WPT, but IMHO, it makes the game look a thousand times better!) also a must is to put the latest code in. will try the post removal thing but not sure it needs it.

#17 10 years ago

I was just made aware that the OP is using my pictures of the results of a teardown I did to sell their machine. After finding this posted on Pinball Bash today, the OP removed them from Pinball Bash, but apparently doesn't feel the need to do so here. I am the one who did the full teardown and took these pictures, 2 YEARS AGO.

I do not approve the use of these pictures and I do not condone my name being used in conjunction to this sale.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Jigs:

I was just made aware that the OP is using my pictures of the results of a teardown I did to sell their machine. After finding this posted on Pinball Bash today, the OP removed them from Pinball Bash, but apparently doesn't feel the need to do so here. I am the one who did the full teardown and took these pictures, 2 YEARS AGO.
I do not approve the use of these pictures and I do not condone my name being used in conjunction to this sale.

lol, relax man. I'm not in front of my computer 24 hours a day. I did so now. I didn't know the "history" behind these pics. I thought they were taken by the previous owner I bought it from a few months ago. I'll take new ones today. The pics will show it's still in amazing condition and super clean.

Again, relax, it's just pinball man.

Also, no one is using your name (I don't even know what it is, or care).

#19 10 years ago

Damn, you just lost your big "Jigs-Restored" premium.

#20 10 years ago

Added some brand new "drama free" pictures! Also decided to drop the price!

#21 10 years ago

G-D, why can't one of these ever be for sale WHEN I HAVE MONEY? lol....

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Let's not get carried away here. There are pleanty-a-Sterns that are much better than WPT, especially the 6K titles...

I did say "some" Stern's selling for 6k plus!

#23 10 years ago

I play my Wpt more than SM and Lotr le right now......I guess the theme just crushes it for some.....

#24 10 years ago

Yeah, I guess it's the theme, but personally I think poker works pretty good as a pin theme. The two ramps are probably the most satisfying ramp shots ever. I love how the ball flips to the habitrail on the left ramp, and the right ramp is so far away, it must be the furthest ramp shot in pinball.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Yeah, I guess it's the theme, but personally I think poker works pretty good as a pin theme. The two ramps are probably the most satisfying ramp shots ever. I love how the ball flips to the habitrail on the left ramp, and the right ramp is so far away, it must be the furthest ramp shot in pinball.

Agreed, very difficult and satisfying ramp shots....left ramp is a b*tch to make...and the drop target combo bank shots are fun to do...just a great unsung pin imo

#26 10 years ago

Backhanding the left ramp = pure awesomeness.

#27 10 years ago

Yah, and it also jacks up the play. LEDs can't dim, WPT relies on dimming bulbs for progress indicators. SM as well as some others.

Quoted from yoshootme:

not sure who suggested never putting in the LED's in a previous post about WPT, but IMHO, it makes the game look a thousand times better!)

#28 10 years ago

Bump for price drop.

#29 10 years ago

Afternoon bump.

#30 10 years ago

I will own one of these someday

glws

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from B9:

I will own one of these someday
glws

How about today? I can ship NAVL.

#32 10 years ago

I should have a replacement plate for the hole where the bill acceptor goes in a few days, so if you buy it without the bill acceptor, I'll include the plate.

#33 10 years ago

I've seen this game and it's very clean. Eric's a great guy to deal with, so buy with confidence. GLWS!

#34 10 years ago

Nice price!

#35 10 years ago

Is this the one listed on Ebay? what is exactly the price your looking to get?

#36 10 years ago

Nope, not on Ebay. The price in the post is what I'm looking to get. Thanks.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

I gotta disagree with this one. Not plenty, and not much better than WPT. Maybe ACDC with updated rules, have not seen a MET yet, but WPT >> TF, XMen, Avengers IMO. Great shots, great depth, great rules, solid fast layout, killer modes, lotsa stacking..... I admit, I play it more than the LOTR or CV next to it, generally.

#38 10 years ago

True.

Quoted from StevenP:

but WPT >> TF, XMen, Avengers IMO

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

I gotta disagree with this one. Not plenty, and not much better than WPT. Maybe ACDC with updated rules, have not seen a MET yet, but WPT >> TF, XMen, Avengers IMO. Great shots, great depth, great rules, solid fast layout, killer modes, lotsa stacking..... I admit, I play it more than the LOTR or CV next to it, generally.

latest code and led's and it is the sweetest game! I got one at a very good price by taking a chance on buying without ever seeing it. One coil later and it plays great. thought i was going to fix it and trade it. now i know i will never let it go. IMHO, anything under 2500 is a great deal!

#40 10 years ago

It's not a bad deal. If he was local, I'd take a look for sure. Shipping at $400+ though puts it out of my range.

I was going to make an offer, but he's firm on the price.

It'll sell, but WPT has never flown off the shelf.

#41 10 years ago

If it doesn't sell, it'll be for sale at Game Warp at the end of July.

#42 10 years ago

Thanks to JJ @ Game Exchange, if you buy it without the bill acceptor, it will have a plate cover installed in it's place, so there isn't a big hole in the coin door. It's an original one from Stern, so it matches perfectly.

#43 10 years ago

Bump. My old game in immaculate shape!! If you havent played WPT when it is tuned right, it is an amazing game! This specific one Rocks!

Make a trip to our Game Warp Show in July, a family vacation in Orlando and Eric will get it to you!

(Yes, this is a shameless plug)

#44 10 years ago

Looking for a WPT but shipping puts it out of my range

#45 10 years ago

Bump again for this pin.....played it another couple of hours yesterday, it only gets better!....

So deep and so much fun....

#46 10 years ago

looking for one locally in the NYC/NJ area.

#47 10 years ago

Still available!

#48 10 years ago

This is one of those where I really mean I wish it was closer. Been looking for a WPT for a year now locally without much luck. This is a very underrated game.

#49 10 years ago

I can't believe this game is still here. Mine is not going anywhere. Here is what someone could do to this game for a couple of hundred bucks. Create your own LE.

Orlando_Pics_006.JPGOrlando_Pics_006.JPG MG_001.JPGMG_001.JPG Orlando_Pics_004.JPGOrlando_Pics_004.JPG

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Still available!

Honestly,I'm not trying to be rude with my comment

Drop it to 2k and it will sell,WPT is a 1800-2000k game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Warwick, RI
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 38.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-wpt-2550-central-florida and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.