(Topic ID: 118896)

FS - WPC-S Battery Board Replacement (A-17643)

By Coyote

9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Coyote
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20150218_191530.jpg
    IMG_20150218_191541.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Coyote.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Hey all -

As someone that personally doesn't like the NVRAM setups (*), a friend needed a new board after battery acid destroyed the one on his Road Show, so I decided to make my own. Since OSHPark's minimum is 3 boards, I have two extras.

IMG_20150218_191541.jpgIMG_20150218_191541.jpgIMG_20150218_191530.jpgIMG_20150218_191530.jpg

These boards fit in the same standoffs as the original boards, and use the same cable (not included). They support 3 AA batteries like the originals, but also comes with a CR2032 holder and a jumper to select which batteries you have in use. It also has (just because I thought it'd be helpful) two pads to test output battery voltage. Oh, and because OSHPark does purple boards.. they're, well, purple.

Not makin' any money off of these, $25 + shipping.
    Boards will come with the components soldered and mounted (3xAA holder will have small screws to hold it to the PCB), and come with a jumper for selecting the battery you want to use.

I don't plan on making any more, unless I get a lot of requests, to keep the prices low. (If I get enough to do a run of 5, I will. Until then, I won't.)

Send me a PM - I'll post a picture this weekend once I have the boards with the components mounted. If you want one without the components, a board only is $20, and I can supply Digikey P/Ns to order your own. (And if you want it WITH the components, but not asembled, same price, just let me know.

Cheers -
    Mike

TL;DR version: 2 WPC-S Purple Battery board replacements. Assembled, $25 + shipping. Allows usage of AA or CR2032.

(*) I have nothing against the NVRAM solutions out there. I just don't like them, as I set the time/date on my games and display the time/date in status screens and attract mode.

2 months later
    #2 8 years ago

Posted a new market ad. All the current run are gone, and since I need to make a couple more at least, I'll take orders.

If anyone wants one, drop my a PM.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Coyote.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-wpc-s-battery-board?tu=Coyote and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.