Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 172 posts
  • 71 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by hlaj78
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 172 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 10 years ago
    Quoted from teekee:

Yeah, give me a break! It sucks eating at Ruth's Chris every night!

$8.50 for mashed potatoes, lol. How much were the rolls?

#152 10 years ago

Ruth Chris is alright but me and my local butcher do a better job.

// Error: Image 110653 not found // // Error: Image 110654 not found //

#153 10 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Really...WTF Im stuck at work waiting for happy hour and all they have is burgers where I'm goin.....MAN THAT LOOKS REALLY FREAKIN GOOD!

#154 10 years ago
    Quoted from teekee:

Yeah, give me a break! It sucks eating at Ruth's Chris every night!

Reminds me a receipt I used to carry around from Morton's in Nashville. There were 5 of us and I think we drank 7 bottles of Stags Leap. Boy did I get in trouble when I submitted that expense report....

#155 10 years ago
    Quoted from scottc:

Hope you were not refering to me with your last comment!
    I think 99.9% of people here would jump all over a MM for 2.5k. So you call all of us money hungry?? And if you didn't jump on it I would question ah nevermind you wont understand anyway.
    Its a hobby for some here its a job for others. I bet there is a high percentage of people here that are restorers, operators, etc.
    If my car was worth 10k as a fair price but only paid 5 for it from a friend or family member your rationale says to sell it for 5k and throw away 5k. Not too smart in my book. I have never been money hungry but sell what I sell no matter what it is for a fair price...
    Way above average pins I have sold in the last two years such as JP for 1500, HUO IJ4 for 3900, WH20 for 2300, and a few more. If I find something for a way low price that I can make a buck or two on with or without work I'll do it no matter if its a lawn mower, snow blower, pin, video, juke or whatever. My hard work over the years in building my own house and being able to fix just about anything gas goes into or plugs in does make me a few extra bucks here and there. Pays for daughters gymnastics, sons baseball and karate, heck selling one pin paid for our pool passes this year. I help my friends out as best I can but having the knowledge to be able to fix correctly a pin and make a few bucks doesn't make me or anyone else a money hungry hobbiest!

I wasn't referring to you at all, I don't know you and have no idea what your motives are in this hobby.

There are people who are in the hobby to clearly make money. I am not here to make money, I'm here to enjoy my games and chat with people about issues/concerns, get/provide technical help, chat with fellow hobbyists about the hobby and the industry....I am not here to 'flip' games with the intention of making money....and to get back to the original post, it initially appeared Jeff was planning on doing just that. When I see so many hobbyists waiting patiently in line for a game that has taken two years to come out and I see folks trying to profit off of that, I don't like it....it makes the hobby a business, and that's not cool in my book.

It's like the ticket business...I don't even bother going to sporting events or concerts anymore because companies like Stubhub have turned the ticket business upside down. There is now yet ANOTHER middle man trying to make a profit and taking advantage of the consumer or devoted music fan. You may say "Hey, that's business, deal with it and move on"... sure, that may be true, and I will deal with it, but it doesn't mean that I have to like it nor do I support it.

#156 10 years ago

Game has sold.

Sorry to see this saga closeout, well not really, but what went down here in a thirty six hour period was impressive. It would be worthy of a documentary (Channing Tatum can play me cause we’re so alike). Game is going to a great home as soon as payment clears.

Seems like we had it all…the highs….lows…derailment attempt…highs…derailment attempt…lows…..lower…..lowest…more lowester yet ……

#157 10 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

lovely, i'll take mine rare with a glass of red

#159 10 years ago

Rich people are talking. . .

#160 10 years ago

Yeah, we did a 5 person film meeting at the 21 Club in NY. Bill....$2,600! (...lol...and, no, I didn't pick up the check! The distributor did that!)

#161 10 years ago

Game sold!! Great!!!....now close this thread so I can go eat!

#163 10 years ago
    Quoted from Xenon75:

I'm not sure what business it is to know why Jeff wants to get to 24 games. Jeff had the balls to pay $6500 day one for a sight unseen game. You or any of the others calling him a flipper or looking down on him making a profit didn't. Jeff has already said that he takes emotion out of the sale and just does what makes sense for him at the time of need.
    Jeff hit it right on the head when he said Pinball is a commodity that no one NEEDS. If you can afford one great, if you can't than STFU, stop whining and hijacking other people's threads.

1) I'm not calling him a flipper or looking down on him...wow, not sure where you got that.
    2) As a pre-orderer of an ECLEWOZ myself (I guess that means I have balls too), I asked what I thought was a legitimate question...

#164 10 years ago

ROCK ON !

#165 10 years ago

Congrats on sale. Wish I was closer.

#166 10 years ago

10k by Christm...oh never mind.

#167 10 years ago

Congrats on sale.

#168 10 years ago

Congratulations on the sale, free enterprise lives on.

#169 10 years ago

Awesome! Glad you made the sale! Sssshhhhh, don't tell anyone here you made a dime, from what I hear you barely broke even. he he he he

#170 10 years ago

I outbid everyone and paid $15k!! That won't adjust the market, will it?

#171 10 years ago

Morton's > Ruth's Chris . Ruth's Chris is like McDonald's for uppity steakhouses. We avoid when we can. There seem to be certain people who think it is really good though. Makes me wonder why they don't try something better since they can obviously afford it. When a client comes in from out of town, like a small town, that's when we end up out there. Sort of a safe bet, like McDonald's. Back in the day at Morton's they would carry this HUGE humidor around for you to choose from after your meal. Ahhhh the good old days of a cigar after a meal right there at your table...

But come on, no one is gonna touch that meat hwawonyou cooked. Just look at it! That's the way to go when you can for sure. My favorite is rack of lamb on the grill these days

#172 10 years ago
    Quoted from gearheaddropping:

Reminds me a receipt I used to carry around from Morton's in Nashville. There were 5 of us and I think we drank 7 bottles of Stags Leap. Boy did I get in trouble when I submitted that expense report....

Try submitting a $1500 expense report for a trip to the table ballet and incomplete receipts: I had to do some fancy footwork to get that one through. Thank God that it was one of our best clients.

There are 172 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-wozecle-3/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.