Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 172 posts
  • 71 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by hlaj78
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 172 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #52 10 years ago

Doh, interwebs..

#53 10 years ago
    Quoted from Plungemaster:

these guys are destroying pinball

Really? Can anyone explain to me how someone selling their pin for a profit is 'destroying pinball'? If anything, I see the inflation/flippers as a sign that pinball popularity is on the rise. Not that I think inflation/flippers are a *good* thing, just something to expect in a growing market.

#54 10 years ago

The truth hurts, i know. Just count your money once again and you get over it.

Happy flipping!

#55 10 years ago

They dont care, all they care is about that extra free grand he will get.

Are you two best friends? Seems you know him pretty well....

#56 10 years ago

No, my friends work for their money.

#57 10 years ago

So only what YOU consider work is work...

#58 10 years ago

Assuming is not your best skill mate.

Lets forget about it, just do whatever you want, and in a few years pins are to expensive for almost anybody but investers and then its over for all companies, and all pinfans.

Thanks and have fun.

#59 10 years ago

No, my friends work for their money

Do you get interest on your savings? Do you own any stock, or invest in a 401k? Did you *work* for that money? No, it was a return on your investment. I see this as no different, and don't begrudge anyone the opportunity to make some $$ from an investment.

#60 10 years ago

selling a pin for profit seems like a financial reason, a great one at that. op doesn't have to justify why he's selling it.

good luck with the sale!

#61 10 years ago

and in a few years pins are to expensive for almost anybody but investers and then its over for all companies, and all pinfans.

Check back in a few years when it's all over for us pin fans and Stern, JJP, Skit-B, etc are out of business....

#62 10 years ago

I totally think he and everyone else should sell it when they get it. Remember: the journey WAS the reward. The little extra cash you might get is just icing on the cake.

#63 10 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Check back in a few years when it's all over for us pin fans and Stern, JJP, Skit-B, etc are out of business....

You never know, i hope not. But dont you have doubts about the prices for nib?

I see lots of guys on this forum that just cant commit anymore. That point we already reached. Pubs, amusmentscentre, places for routed pins, they cant afford 10k, and they wont.

I think that is not good, cause the amount of buyers will shrink every grand, and it is a niche marcet already.

#64 10 years ago

You never know, i hope not. But dont you have doubts about the prices for nib?
    I see lots of guys on this forum that just cant commit anymore. That point we already reached. Pubs, amusmentscentre, places for routed pins, they cant afford 10k, and they wont.
    I think that is not good, cause the amount of buyers will shrink every grand, and it is a niche marcet already.

god forbid they have to buy a standard edition…

#65 10 years ago

Yeah... As if 5 grand is cheap..... And easy affordable for a router...

#66 10 years ago

Yeah... As if 5 grand is cheap.....

Which point would you like to argue?

#67 10 years ago

Economics 101. Supply and demand. When the price of pins gets so high that nobody buys any, prices will go down. As it is now, more and more people getting into this hobby means prices are going up. Try to see it as a positive reflection of the hobby in general, as opposed to a negative because you can't afford a NIB Premium.

#68 10 years ago

Because, you cant handle two points?

Nib are going to 10k, fact. Pro is 5 k, fact. Will be going up to.

5k is already to much for almost any router. Comprendre? Thats a part of the customers for stern and jjp.

They are losing them right now. Which will result in even higher nib prices, and then even the grpupe of home buyers will not be enough anymore.

I know, its hard to think for your self.

#69 10 years ago
    Quoted from SunKing:

Economics 101. Supply and demand. When the price of pins gets so high that nobody buys any, prices will go down.

This....... Or the company dies.....

I think in this marcet the latter one when it will go on like this. There is no way stern will ever sell a premium 5k pin. They never can go back without killing the business.

#70 10 years ago

You guys are so mean on this pinball forum! The guy puts up 6500.00 two and half years ago for a pin that he thought he would get in a year, then decides to sell it for more and some of you have a problem ?

GLWS Jeff !

#71 10 years ago

Nib are going to 10k, fact.

Which will result in even higher nib prices, and then even the grpupe of home buyers will not be enough anymore.

Ok.
    Ok.

#72 10 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

You guys are so mean on this pinball forum! The guy puts up 6500.00 two and half years ago for a pin that he thought he would get in a year, then decides to sell it for more and some of you have a problem ?

GLWS Jeff !

You are correct, sir!

#73 10 years ago

Spfxted, maybe if you knew there was a world outside usa, you would understand. NIB Pins in the rest of the world already reached 10k american dollars.

Sleep well.

#74 10 years ago

Spfxted, maybe if you knew there was a world outside usa

There IS??

#75 10 years ago

To elaborate further...

When I listed my WOZ for sale, I had intended to stay away from related threads and certainly to not address them in public. But since the moment I was asked why I was selling on Pinside, I realized that it was just a natural question people would have. Rather than allow rapid conjecture and wild speculation to engulf my intended sale, I decided it was better to respond to this question publically and to put minds to ease.....All in due time, Grasshopper.

Most people rely on their brains to consider factual elements when making a large non-essential purchase. However, they use their hearts to actually pull the trigger. I removed my own heart for this decision and have it stored in my freezer as we speak, just to stay focused. Keep your eyes open for an ebay ad for body parts in the near future.

While I was asked directly why I had decided to sell, I could read the tea leaves and realized what was really being asked, and what was on the minds of the community, was why ride this journey for 2.5 years, only to sell at the end before even enjoying my pin. Well not to disappoint, but the reason is strictly finanincial (and space to a smaller degree), nothing more to it. No drama, nor dirty laundry. No lack of confidence in JJP and Team nor indication of market direction. Nothing more nothing less, it is just a sale, period.

That said you might not immediately realize it, but I am and continue to be a big JJP supporter. I love what they have done to date and what they are designing, plus I believe they are on the right track. I was fortunate to be able to play a WOZ at four venues over the past twelve months, and came away each time with a renewed respect for what was unfolding.

TSPP has been my favorite pin since its release and while it is much different than WOZ, Keith remains my favorite coder (Lyman is only a small hair lower). My expectation for WOZ is that it will be as good as TSPP but in different and often better ways. I believe it is already a great pin and plan to add a regular WOZ back into the fold by next summer, when timing is personally better for me.

I considered selling this via a private sale but that didn't work out. Also thought about giving Jack a heads up call. But once I removed emotion from the equation, I realized those concerns were unnecessary. Pinball is a commodity that nobody needs. So don't think of this as one man selling his pin, but rather from the perspective of its future owner, which will include lots of joy and appreciation for what they have purchased. But for now I am refocusing efforts to sell my pin and you can return to the regularly scheduled programming.

Thanks

#76 10 years ago

Pubs, amusmentscentre, places for routed pins, they cant afford 10k, and they wont.

Doesn't matter. Most of them can't afford them at $5K either.

The market is changing. Like it or not.

LTG : )

#77 10 years ago

Jeff, you don't owe anybody an explanation about anything! You bought a pinball machine. You want to sell it. If someone is interested, give him a call....if not, move on! Sheesh!

#78 10 years ago

When you buy anything legal at a given price and try to sell it at a higher price, that is commerce. If the market won't bear the price, it goes unsold or the price comes down. It is not like this guy is selling water at $10 a bottle after a natural disaster. If you don't like what this is doing to pinball, blame the buyer not the seller.

#79 10 years ago

Cut the bull shit, just tell you want to make a profit and you planned this all along. 25 pins and then sell the one you paid for more then 2 years ago without even playing it.
    I hope you dont need to sell your other pins too cause of your financial problems......
    Zzzzzzz.

You sir have earned my first ignore classification. But as mentioned, I am at 25 pins before WOZ and wish to be at 24. If you look at my sold column, you could realize that it has taken me a year and a half to whittle collection down to this level, as I hate to see any pin go. I am not in love with them though. I did not say I had financial problems, rather I mentioned selling for financial reasons. But since you are so concerned about my private life and financial well being, why don't you share your story with this group? On second thought forget it, your attempt to derail this thread have been an epic fail and things can align themselves now. Obviously you should move along, as it isn't going to your home.

#80 10 years ago

GLWS Jeff! FWIW i think you're making the right choice. If you have to sell any of your other pins they could be much more difficult to replace in the future. The nice thing about WOZ is that you can always pick up a standard model in the future and still get all of the same game features and quality.

#81 10 years ago

And BINGO was his name-O!

#82 10 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Doesn't matter. Most of them can't afford them at $5K either.
    The market is changing. Like it or not.
    LTG : )

markets are in constant change. what works today might not work tomorrow. hope jjp and stern already have a game plan worked out, or they might not like it

#83 10 years ago

The truth hurts, i know. Just count your money once again and you get over it.
    Happy flipping!

WOW you are the exact type of individual that really pisses me off,if you are not buying then MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!!! regardless of what is for sale for whatever reason for whatever price if it has nothing to do with you then why would you comment?? you are a REAL pinhead but not a good kind like the rest of us.......

#84 10 years ago
    Quoted from misfitdart:

you are a REAL pinhead but not a good kind like the rest of us.......

Alright...let's not get TOO crazy here...

#85 10 years ago

Haha, lol. Just relax, i am not the only one that does not like this kind of selling. Read the forum.

And jeff, your so full of shit its hilarious. "It even smells like a new car"

All i smell is easy money for a selfish guy.

#86 10 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

You sir have earned my first ignore classification. But as mentiond, I am at 25 pins before WOZ and wish to be at 24. If you look at my sold column, you could realize that it has taken me a year and a half to whittle collection down to this level, as I hate to see any pin go. I am not in love with them though. I did not say I had financial problems, rather I mentioned selling for financial reasons. But since you are so concerned about my private life and financial well being, why don't you share your story with this group? On second thought forget it, your attempt to derail this thread have been an epic fail and things can align themselves now. Obviously you should move along, as it isn't going to your home.

Thanks for letting your White Water go!

#87 10 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

GLWS Jeff !

EXACTLY!!!! There is HUGE difference between paying for an announced Stern LE that will be available shortly vs. tying up (at the time it was announced) more money than any other NIB game was demanding for YEARS before delivery (not to mention SIGHT UNSEEN!)

Think/Say what you will but he has every right to sell it for whatever the hell he wants. GLWS.

#88 10 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Keep your eyes open for an ebay ad for body parts in the near future.

So now you're flipping body parts too?

#89 10 years ago

I was thinking of offering up $8500. But $9500 is too rich for my blood. I'm interested how much this goes for.

#90 10 years ago

Sheesh. I hope someone buys this game soon.

#91 10 years ago

Spfxted, maybe if you knew there was a world outside usa, you would understand. NIB Pins in the rest of the world already reached 10k american dollars.

Sleep well.

We sleep very well, don't care and there seem to be plenty of home consumers here to replace operators. Pinball is back but in a very different way. Sorry we left you behind. Ciao

#92 10 years ago

Ok, which of the hobby purests here is going to sell me their lotr at their cost or at least what they paid for it three years ago? I promise it will be good for my hobby!

#93 10 years ago

Haha, lol. Just relax, i am not the only one that does not like this kind of selling. Read the forum.
    And jeff, your so full of shit its hilarious. "It even smells like a new car"
    All i smell is easy money for a selfish guy.

What makes him selfish?

#94 10 years ago

No way is he being selfish. Your thought process is whack. I'd pay more to not have to wait. I put money down day one and waited. I wouldn't let mine go for less than that either!

#95 10 years ago
    Quoted from jamespin:

Ok, which of the hobby purests here is going to sell me their lotr at their cost or at least what they paid for it three years ago? I promise it will be good for my hobby!

Fine, but you'll have to go find 2k and a Lethal Weapon to trade me for it

#96 10 years ago

This guy sent me a strange message when I put a wtb woz le on the message board. All I can say is he offered up the game to me but then said he was playing with me and the game didn't exist. Funny thing is he sent three messages even though i never responded to a single one. Not even the original. Weird.

#97 10 years ago
    Quoted from hlaj78:

Sheesh. I hope someone buys this game soon.

If I didn't already have one coming, I would offer him $9k. That's only about $1,000 more than some people were paying up until about 2 weeks ago or so. I don't think his $9,500 asking price is out of line to get #5.

OP: If you want to swap with the one I have coming in a few weeks, PM me and we'll figure out the cash difference.

#98 10 years ago

...I have a decent Lethal Weapon! Lol

#99 10 years ago

WOZ has created such a divide in this hobby.

If I were the OP I'd sell my WOZ too as its likely to have the highest ROI today on a title that will be readily available later on at a lower price unlike some other games (MM, AFM & etc). His high price is for the guy willing to pay $ not to wait. It's like those baller DisneyLand tickets for the rich folks who have more money than time. So whoever buys it now is buying the time passed, not the future value IMHO.

Jeff I assume you are the guy with that nifty website?

I have fond memories of looking at all the game rooms there years ago if so.

GLWTS

#100 10 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

WOZ has created such a divide in this hobby.

Ain't that the truth .

There are 172 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-wozecle-3/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.