• 38 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Pimp77
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Sold

I dunno.....I think I am ready to part with WOZ, the excitement was big for a couple years, now I am more excited about other pins right now!

It's number 630, though it's an early order, my bday is 6/30 that's how I picked it. Let me know if you are interested in my WOZ LE, we can figure out the rest from there. Please pm me with a phone number if you want it.

#2 11 years ago

I would trade too, Williams Indiana jones, STTNG, a nice AFM, BDK, near Nebraska would be good for trades

#3 11 years ago

Good luck with your sell. I fear the very topic is likely to drive some trolls to your thread though sadly.

#4 11 years ago

This shocks me but good luck not that you'll need it.

#5 11 years ago

Let's hope its a quick hitter...in and out...gl with sale...

#6 11 years ago

I understand where you're coming from. Someone that just heard of it should be very excited, just like we were! I still think it is going to be an awesome machine!

#7 11 years ago

I know, and your right gorilla. I have been him hawing around for six months....I will probably regret it. It was fun when I played it, and it is a beauty! But I am just ready to move on.......I think

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Let's hope its a quick hitter...in and out...

That's what she said.

#9 11 years ago

I was ready to sell a few weeks ago
But I think I would feel silly waiting this long and not playing it
If Star Trek was next, I might have still sold

#10 11 years ago

Shoot. Greg, if I knew when these damn things were going to ship I would work out a trade with you on my TOTAN. I have been hanging on to the TOTAN for eventual trade bait for one since it's my wife's favorite movie.

#11 11 years ago

If you decide you are interested let me know, the wait is much shorter now!

#12 11 years ago

I would have to say yeah I'm interested. Contact me if you would like to discuss.

#13 11 years ago

Not crazy about the theme, but it's an amazing machine, and I get the feeling the theme might grow on a person.......WOZ is a classic movie

#14 11 years ago

The excitement has worn off, just read the WOZ forum. There havnt been any posts in a long time. Ther is nothing left to show us other than a delivered game and that isnt happening or at least I havnt gotten any notice. I cant help thinking of Wayno and what he did when I think of WOZ. Not that Jack is anything like the POS Wayno but how long has it been?

#15 11 years ago

Thanks for all the interest, I will contact everyone today.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

The excitement has worn off, just read the WOZ forum. There havnt been any posts in a long time.

If you were in the WOZ forum you would see that there's been 283 posts so far in the first 10 days of Feburary. Certainly a long way from a record, but I don't think "haven't been any posts in a long time" is a very accurate assessment.

#17 11 years ago

Seems a shame to give up on it in the home stretch....but I guess it's been the home stretch for a long time now so I get the frustration.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I cant help thinking of Wayno and what he did when I think of WOZ. Not that Jack is anything like the POS Wayno but how long has it been?

What happened with this Wayno?

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from theBRAIN:

Long story. :\

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from theBRAIN:

Guy in Australia took deposits for CC and MM remakes. He produced some parts but not one machine. The comparison is ludicrous.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from theBRAIN:

Do a Google search for "Wayne Medieval Madness", make a pot of coffee, then plan on getting nothing else done for the rest of the day.

#22 11 years ago

Thanks I know that tale. I misunderstood Wayno as someone directly responsible for WOZ delays.

#23 11 years ago

I think I might get more excited with a metallica that I know I will have then a woz that I am not sure I will have.

With a lot of buyers, you have to strike while the iron is hot. Once the excitement is cooled, say goodbye to buyer.

But with jjp, how much of the delay are they responsible for?

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from maddog14:

I think I might get more excited with a metallica that I know I will have then a woz that I am not sure I will have.

With a lot of buyers, you have to strike while the iron is hot. Once the excitement is cooled, say goodbye to buyer.

Well, Woz will be here soon and once it is the "excitement level" will be plenty high...if you like Metallica, buy that one...

#25 11 years ago

A difference between the WOZ and the MM stories is that JJP has 7 million dollars of your money already and the game was supposedly due around Christmas 2011 and he is taking deposits on his next game without the release of the first. I understand how frustrating this must be to WOZ owners.

#26 11 years ago

someone will be a lucky owner of an LE @ 7,800. sounds like a bargain to me and to think they only have to wait 3 months compared to the 2 years most guys waited!

Congrats to the new owner!!!

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well, Woz will be here soon and once it is the "excitement level" will be plenty high....

You just can't wait to play with those Ruby Slipper Flippers can ya Ice?!

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well, Woz will be here soon and once it is the "excitement level" will be plenty high...if you like Metallica, buy that one...

Isn't metallica still just a rumor at this point?

#29 11 years ago

A difference between the WOZ and the MM stories is that JJP had to start from scratch. They had to build a team of engineers, managers, coders, testers, production planning, etc. They had to write an OS from scratch. They had to reinvent some of the existing technologies and adapt some new like the LCD and the crystal ball.

Wayne just had to reproduce (copy) everything that was already there. Production planning yes, but no real engineering needed.

The difference is night and day. Jack had a much bigger mountain to climb. He also has to be concerned about reviews once it ships.

MM is a known commodity.

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from theBRAIN:

A difference between the WOZ and the MM stories is that JJP has 7 million dollars of your money already and the game was supposedly due around Christmas 2011 and he is taking deposits on his next game without the release of the first. I understand how frustrating this must be to WOZ owners.

It's not frustrating at all! It's a good thing to make it rite before shipping. It's more frustrating for the people that didn't buy it. I know, doesn't make sense to me either.

Wayne took preorder money as well and it got delayed so no difference there.

Got faith Jack will explain everything, so I'm in the Hobbit as well.

I couldn't be more excited w/o a hint of frustration!

#31 11 years ago

Sorry to interrupt the thread on the MM rerun, but WOZ is sold pending payment

#32 11 years ago

Thanks Greg. Nice to talk with you. As I've said in other posts I'm newer to the hobby and have been very happy to meet really nice people involved in pinball.

#33 11 years ago

great buy seriously!

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Sorry to interrupt the thread on the MM rerun

Thats funny : )

#35 11 years ago

Maybe I should say that there is nothing exciting coming from the site.

Also I want to clarify that I am in no way comparing Jack to Wayno. Jack is a great guy and will deliver a great game wheras Wayno is a douechebag piece of crap that screwed a lot of people out of a lot of money. The comparison is that people put up money and because of the long delay the excitement just fizzled out. People WILL get their game from Jack soon but there aint much to talk about now till it happens.

#36 11 years ago

Had a chance to play about 30 games on a prototype WOZ. 5 weeks between first several and the last. 2 code changes, big improvement with each. Always a surrounded by those playing and just admiring at the W-S auction last Sat. Hope mine arrives in the next 60 daty.

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from PinballChris:

Thanks Greg. Nice to talk with you. As I've said in other posts I'm newer to the hobby and have been very happy to meet really nice people involved in pinball.

Congrats Chris. Hope you enjoy it. I know I would have if Greg were keeping it.

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Wayno is a douechebag piece of crap that screwed a lot of people out of a lot of money

I'm wondering if anyone truly lost any money? I don't think so...everyone got their deposits back that I know of.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.95
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

13,000 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.50
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-woz-le and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.