Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 161 posts
  • 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by MrBally
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

beavisandbuttheadsleeping-1.gif
    image-1.jpeg
    IMG_4267.jpg
    Married-with-Children-popcorn.gif
    20130608_162321.jpg
    20130608_162232.jpg
    20130608_162244.jpg
    20130608_162217.jpg
    20130608_162051.jpg
    There are 159 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #102 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

It started at midnight and ended at around 5:30 AM.

Damn, O. That's some serious pinball addictio... I mean dedication right there.

#103 10 years ago
    Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Jack said a LONG time ago that regular WOZ would be built along with WOZLE. As someone mentioned before, it's an 8 to 1 ratio.

Cash flow. Golden ingredient for all businesses.

#104 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

You guy's wouldn't have made it anyway. It started at midnight and ended at around 5:30 AM.

I live like 15 min from him....oh well...since it has so many late night cool-dude party plays on it already, I can only offer $3500 at this point.

#105 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

since it has so many late night cool-dude party plays on it already,

Not so many. It took half the morning to figure out how to make it work. That and I was playing Williams Grand Prix.

#106 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Not so many. It took half the morning to figure out how to make it work. That and I was playing Williams Grand Prix.

How to make it work took half the morning? What was the problem, code updating?

#107 10 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

What was the problem, code updating?

That, and three guys that couldn't stop laughing.

Any more questions about this table should be directed to the OP. But I will say this. Never in my wildest dreams when I was a child watching the annual showing of WOZ and dropping dimes in games like Klondike did I ever imagine that a masterpiece like this machine would be made. But I have seen the future, and WOZ is it.

#108 10 years ago

Wow...seems like a guy just wants to sell a pin and buy a different one...does it have to be put under a microscope and dissected down to an atomic level???..if you dont like his asking price then dont buy it but its his choice to do what he wants

#109 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

But I will say this. Never in my wildest dreams when I was a child watching the annual showing of WOZ and dropping dimes in games like Klondike did I ever imagine that a masterpiece like this machine would be made. But I have seen the future, and WOZ is it.

Cool...and sounds like a great party!

#110 10 years ago
    Quoted from surfsidedetail:

$8495 CASH which is the exact amount he paid on his invoice from Automated.

When I consider buying used stuff, it does not matter what the previous owner paid.

#111 10 years ago

Cool...and sounds like a great party!

beavisandbuttheadsleeping-1.gifbeavisandbuttheadsleeping-1.gif

#112 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinstor12:

When I consider buying used stuff, it does not matter what the previous owner paid.

I know he would accept a reasonable offer.

#113 10 years ago

NEW PRICE $8000 this includes the Shaker Motor.

#114 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

Gweem,
    A europe based distrib purchased a bunch of machines day one.. That distrib backed out of their purchase and automated purchased their day 1 allotment.
    Automated wants their standards first. Regardless of what "type" of game is built the same quantity of machines is still built in the correct order as ordered. There is no conspiracy here as much as folks are trying to ruffle feathers.

I still don't understand how ANYONE bought a bunch of standards on day one. Are you saying that standards were being sold to distributors from day one? If so, how much for?

#115 10 years ago
    Quoted from chocky909:

I still don't understand how ANYONE bought a bunch of standards on day one. Are you saying that standards were being sold to distributors from day one? If so, how much for?

Nothing is going to make sense about this, so no sense in trying to find any fair logic about it.

#116 10 years ago

It is what it is. I just wish all the misguided info from all sides would just stop. There have obviously been changes in plans. The one I laugh at the most is the 8 to 1 ratio. Whatever.

#117 10 years ago

NEW PRICE $8000 this includes the Shaker Motor.

I'll trade him my sweet HUO CSI...2nd owner! He was the first! Maybe he misses it?

#118 10 years ago
    Quoted from scottc:

It is what it is. I just wish all the misguided info from all sides would just stop. There have obviously been changes in plans. The one I laugh at the most is the 8 to 1 ratio. Whatever.

Why is the ratio laughable?

#119 10 years ago
    Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Why is the ratio laughable?

Why would you even put a ratio on production? Its like saying I'm going to drive exactly 70mph from here to Toledo, no faster no slower. GOOD LUCK. There is always a jack ass slowing down for a butterfly, an animal running out, rain on the way, etc. It is a bogus ratio that people take for gospel then have to hide when its proved wrong. We all know that that ratio may be true this week but as soon as someone gets a picture of the warehouse with a 50/50 or 70/30 ratio another shit storm is going to happen. Fact is standards are being made along side of LE's. That is not what the general LE buyer was led to beleive when they started paying 1k dollar installements. Why corner yourself more with information that can't be controlled.

Hey Jack your now building 24 LE's make sure 3 standards are there beside them...........

That to me is laughable. Jack is doing a fine job. He has a freakin new pinball machine on the streets and its GOING to be a pretty darn good machine.

#120 10 years ago
    Quoted from chocky909:

Who says there still on day one for standards? Way more LE bought on day one then standards.

#121 10 years ago
    Quoted from scottc:

Why would you even put a ratio on production? Its like saying I'm going to drive exactly 70mph from here to Toledo, no faster no slower. GOOD LUCK. There is always a jack ass slowing down for a butterfly, an animal running out, rain on the way, etc. It is a bogus ratio that people take for gospel then have to hide when its proved wrong. We all know that that ratio may be true this week but as soon as someone gets a picture of the warehouse with a 50/50 or 70/30 ratio another shit storm is going to happen. Fact is standards are being made along side of LE's. That is not what the general LE buyer was led to beleive when they started paying 1k dollar installements. Why corner yourself more with information that can't be controlled.
    Hey Jack your now building 24 LE's make sure 3 standards are there beside them...........
    That to me is laughable. Jack is doing a fine job. He has a freakin new pinball machine on the streets and its GOING to be a pretty darn good machine.

I get your point. Maybe it's not 8 per hour, day, week, etc., but the overall production plan. I agree about cornering himself as the wolves are out there waiting to dissect any statement.

#122 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I'll trade him my sweet HUO CSI...2nd owner! He was the first! Maybe he misses it?

He doesnt miss anything haha

#123 10 years ago

He doesnt miss anything haha

Hey, I'll just take a break from joking around to say that the seller is a super cool dude! Purchase with confidence!

#124 10 years ago

Good luck with your sale.

I wonder what a standard would actually go for on ebay with no reserve starting at 99 cents?

#125 10 years ago

Wish I was closer.

#126 10 years ago
    Quoted from lllvjr:

Who says there still on day one for standards? Way more LE bought on day one then standards.

Yeah, a lot more, since you couldn't buy a standard on day one!

Quoted from vid1900:

Nothing is going to make sense about this, so no sense in trying to find any fair logic about it.

No kidding!

#127 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

saving up for a LE version? wouldn't it just be cheaper to have the rails and legs powder coated green and then he has pretty much the same damn thing? Doesn't make sense at all.

I wouldn't want to take the side rails, shooter housing and habitrails off of my new machine to get them powder coated. How much does it cost to ship that stuff with the legs and lock bar too? What are the chances the powder coating looks the same as the original?

And, is it that much cheaper after you add in the shaker motor and invisiglass? Not to mention the different topper and wood apron and emerald ball on the shooter rod.

#128 10 years ago

Bottom line: It's HIS machine for sale. It's HIS money to do whatever he wants with it. = None of our business unless you wanna buy his machine or have one to sell him.

#129 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Hey, I'll just take a break from joking around to say that the seller is a super cool dude! Purchase with confidence!

Yes, and the machines that I acquired from this gentleman are beyond collectors quality. He takes very good care of everything that enters his home.

#130 10 years ago

You guys HAD to know that the first WOZ HUO sale would be brutal!

Lets get this back on track... Are there any issues with the game?

#131 10 years ago
    Quoted from MrDo:

You guys HAD to know that the first WOZ HUO sale would be brutal!
    Lets get this back on track... Are there any issues with the game?

This maybe the only WOZ ever sold on here. I don't anyone will want to sell them with all the stones that will be whipped at you if you try to sell.

#132 10 years ago
    Quoted from MrDo:

Are there any issues with the game?

No. The only issue is how beautiful and well made this pin actually is.

#133 10 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Yeah, a lot more, since you couldn't buy a standard on day one!

No kidding!

The press release from way back then doesn't say anything about standard editions, but it does say the first 120 numbers ( not units ) are reserved.

http://www.pinballnews.com/news/jerseyjack.html

#134 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

No. The only issue is how beautiful and well made this pin actually is.

Thank you for clarifying. What experience do you have with this machine? I have heard that a couple of these machines have had issues right out of the box. I'm glad this is not one of them.

#135 10 years ago
    Quoted from MrDo:

What experience do you have with this machine? I have heard that a couple of these machines have had issues right out of the box.

I helped set it up and played a few games on it. After the software update that became available last week, it played like a champ. Much better than before the update.

#136 10 years ago
    Quoted from MrDo:

Thank you for clarifying. What experience do you have with this machine? I have heard that a couple of these machines have had issues right out of the box. I'm glad this is not one of them.

Do tell. What were the problems?

#137 10 years ago

I look forward to more people getting this game so they "Get it". It's fantastic. But, I like em all

#138 10 years ago
    Quoted from coasterguy:

I look forward to more people getting this game so they "Get it". It's fantastic. But, I like em all

You are a good dude, and your last sentence also proves that you are self aware!

#139 10 years ago

It's not even on the same planet of any other pin I've played. Talking about the whole package here.

#140 10 years ago
    Quoted from coasterguy:

It's not even on the same planet of any other pin I've played. Talking about the whole package here.

What kind of game length times are you experiencing? I've had short ball times on the proto I played.

#141 10 years ago

Well I'm not that great of a player and I think the left out lane can be a tad rough but not horrible. Still pretty short games for me so far. I may move the posts in as I am a wimp..... lololol
    I've had a few games go longer than I expected though.

#142 10 years ago
    Quoted from coasterguy:

I think the left out lane can be a tad rough but not horrible.

True but you do get to play a game within a game if you bounce it around enough on that state fair bumper.

#143 10 years ago

Yes and once I have had it bounce back into play from the balloon. I've also had it drain down the flippers so fast to the left that it ends up playing with the balloon as well.

#145 10 years ago
    Quoted from coasterguy:

Yes and once I have had it bounce back into play from the balloon. I've also had it drain down the flippers so fast to the left that it ends up playing with the balloon as well.

I've had the balloon bounce the ball back into play between the flippers. I had the left raised and it came ricocheting down the outlane, off the mid post and back into play.

#146 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinCrush:

I've had the balloon bounce the ball back into play between the flippers. I had the left raised and it came ricocheting down the outlane, off the mid post and back into play.

Good tip. Thanks.

#147 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinCrush:

Me too I posted it on the Jersey boardwalk thread. It was cool didn't realise it happened at first.

#148 10 years ago

There are so many collectors in the area, He should rent it for $100 a week for awhile. The average WOZ buyer will probably not get their machine for another 20 weeks...thats 2 grand. He could sell it then for 2 grand less.

GLWS...I believe I know the seller just by the situation, and he does take care of his machines and is a decent guy.

#149 10 years ago

I can't let that go, sorry. The phrase is "Cease and Desist".

#150 10 years ago

I bet he knows.....................

There are 159 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-wizard-of-oz-standard-pick-up-in-los-angeles/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.