(Topic ID: 84476)

FS: Wizard of Oz Standard Edition MN Minnesota - Invisiglass & Shaker Motor SOLD

By LesManley

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by LesManley
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Posting this for an op friend of mine I have sold multiple games for before. The game was bought brand new and he has had this on route for about 8 months now. He keeps his games maintained in meticulous condition. It has INVISIGLASS added as well as the SHAKER motor, the newest code and all known fixes implemented, including the upgraded light boards. It should be issue free for some time to come. Only reason he is selling is to make room for more games and better earners, there are not any issues with the machine. He is asking $7250 or best offer. He will deliver and setup the game within 100 miles of the Twin Cities if someone pays the asking price as well.

Game is currently on route at Mortimer's in Minneapolis. I can get pics of the game, but there isn't much to see that you haven't seen in the standard pics 100 times already. If you are local feel free to check it out. Any other questions, just let me know. Thanks.

#2 10 years ago

Not that I logged a ton of time on the game, but I've played this WOZ as recently as Saturday and didn't run into any issues.

#3 10 years ago

you have a

Light Board Fix

before JJP ??

#4 10 years ago

Bump for a great seller and super nice guy.

#5 10 years ago

Not to hijack the thread but how much are these nib? Are they available currently?

I know the sale is OBO and not trying to derail the sale. I just wasn't sure of the status of nib standards.

Chris Kruger

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from joemamma:

Not to hijack the thread but how much are these nib? Are they available currently?
I know the sale is OBO and not trying to derail the sale. I just wasn't sure of the status of nib standards.
Chris Kruger

They are *available* currently. The sale price alone on a WOZ standard $8,000 NIB. When you would actually get the game is another story and you would need to pay to ship as well. Here you could have one today, delivered and setup with INVISIGLASS & SHAKER included, with all the known issue fixes already implemented for way less than that.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

you have a
Light Board Fix
before JJP ??

The upgraded light boards is what I meant.

#8 10 years ago

Just vouching for the quality of the game, it's in good shape and plays well, and the seller is a good guy.

#9 10 years ago

Forgot to add it also has a SHAKER motor in addition to the invisiglass. Both are added extras compared to a stock woz standard.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from joemamma:

Chris Kruger

NIB are 8k now

#11 10 years ago

I will get some pictures for those who has asked.

#12 10 years ago

Thanks! I had no idea the standards were going for 8k. That is normally wo shaker and invisaglass so this deal looks VERY GOOD for someone! How much are the 75th anniversary games selling for?

Chris Kruger

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from joemamma:

Thanks! I had no idea the standards were going for 8k. That is normally wo shaker and invisaglass so this deal looks VERY GOOD for someone! How much are the 75th anniversary games selling for?
Chris Kruger

I believe MSRP on the 75th is $9000.00.

#14 10 years ago

May want to call Donny at BB. He maybe interested?

#15 10 years ago

I'll ask him. Couldn't hurt.

#16 10 years ago

I'm surprised he's selling it. On the couple of occasions I've been to Mortimer's the WOZ seemed to be played more than anything else.-I could walk right up to Star Trek but had to wait to play WOZ.... Even so GLWS. The game looked and played great when I played it a couple months back. It's kind of a bummer to lose a WOZ on location even though I only make it up to the Twin Cities to play a handful of times a year.

#17 10 years ago

SS Billiards will still have his. If Donny wanted it, then Blainbrook would have one too. In all honesty, the game is just not a great earner at the location. The crowd there isn't a good fit for the theme and the regular players are not fans of the game. He has other games just sitting around, so it only makes sense to move it and put it something else he already has.

#18 10 years ago

Invisiglass on routed game, this man is bold!

GLWTS!

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

SS Billiards will still have his. If Donny wanted it, then Blainbrook would have one too. In all honesty, the game is just not a great earner at the location. The crowd there isn't a good fit for the theme and the regular players are not fans of the game. He has other games just sitting around, so it only makes sense to move it and put it something else he already has.

That makes sense.. The last time I was up there was way back in December and it was probably just by chance that there was a group of players on it for at least an hour that I had to wait for.. I didn't mind as I got to play Star Trek and other games while I was waiting. At least Lloyd will still have his although he's a bit out of my travel path. And of course I have the one on location at Moosejaw in the Dells that's only 45 minutes from my house.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Invisiglass on routed game, this man is bold!
GLWTS!

Bold is one word for it. The op is a top notch guy, he has helped out so many and does so much for others for absolutely nothing in return. I love his enthusiasm, he goes out of his way to buy games and put stuff out for the players. As much as I appreciate all the things he does that he doesn't have to do, I try to remind him sometimes that he is running a business and as cool as some things are, they need to make financial sense too. We are very lucky to have him or we would be missing out on a lot.

#21 10 years ago

Free bump: Looking forward to visiting the twin cities again next July... a trip to Mortimer's (with or without WoZ) and SS billiards is on my schedule!

#22 10 years ago

It was set up for $1 per play for quite a long time without a ball save, whereas the other games were cheaper and had ball save. As somebody who has been playing for two months, the fact that I drained $10 in no time kept me away from the machine.

On the flip side, now that it's up and running without problems and it's $2/3 plays, I have been playing that thing every time I go in there. Last time I played I actually got to put my initials in the thing (first time for a high score, hooray). I told all the guys on the pins to revisit it. Really bummed that it's leaving Mort's

#23 10 years ago

Looks like they replaced WOZ with TZ at Mort's and yeah, agree on the main reason it wasn't getting that much money (price compared to others w/o ball save activated).

#24 10 years ago

WOZ is in the back in Gringo's now for the time being. I agree about the ball save feature on it. I honestly never played WOZ, unless it was in a tournament and I had to. It just seemed boring to me and losing the ball immediately without a ball save sucked. I will save, the new code is MUCH better than before. Now goals are more defined and there is a ball save for times with it drains immediately. I finally decided I needed to know how to play it just in case and put in a few games at a friend's house this past weekend. I like it a lot better than before. It's a shame it took so long to get to this point though, because a lot of the players, once you turn them off to a game, they are very difficult to win back. Because of that, the game just doesn't have a future there now.

#25 10 years ago

This is now SOLD. Thanks for all the inquiries.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
$ 5.00
$ 16.95
13,000 (OBO)
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-wizard-of-oz-standard-edition-in-mn-7250-newest-code-light-board-fixes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.