6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 279 posts
  • 85 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by bretthalsey
  • Topic is favorited by 108 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 52 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5155 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5135 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2403 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2402 (resized).JPG
    img_2297 (resized).jpg
    img_2534 (resized).jpg
    img_2295 (resized).jpg
    img_2406 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1880 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1894 (resized).JPG
    DSCF3113 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2509_(resized).JPG
    IMG_2508_(resized).JPG
    IMG_2194_(resized).JPG
    IMG_2571_(resized).JPG
    IMG_2572_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pafasa.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 6 years ago

Is there a reason to use silkscreens instead of a spray stencil? Does it come down to re-usability or is there another reason?

#41 6 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

Looks better IMO

So is it an authenticity preference? Do you think it makes a difference in the value of a restored game?

#44 6 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

I haven't seen a stencil job in person but have seen some pics online. I do own a backbox screen. Screenprinting it leaves an original look. The ink is not too think and it is smooth. The pics I've seen of a stencil were thick.
    The other thing to consider is a stencil is a one shot thing opposed to reusing a screen. I'd much rather out the money into something ill have for more than one job.
    I have a friend with one of Grover's screens as well. I would just use his patent section but didn't realize the issue with the chocks being in place making it impossible.
    The patent text on my games is about 3" from chock to edge of text.
    I assume the screen being offered here will be tight enough to allow for proper placement.

Good info. Thanks. Just curious at this point. I can make paint mask stencils easily for myself so that's why I asked. I don't even have a wpc machine at this point.

#54 6 years ago

Flynnibus, I can create a stencil that has all the insides of the characters, but I hadn't thought about removing them after. Good point!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pafasa.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside