Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 327 posts
  • 107 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 days ago by merfeldma
  • Topic is favorited by 125 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7983 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7984 (resized).JPG
    _DSC0004-X3 (resized).jpg
    20220808_202519 (resized).jpg
    20220808_122704 (resized).jpg
    20220808_115639 (resized).jpg
    20220309_193754 (resized).jpg
    20220309_200013 (resized).jpg
    20220309_192545 (resized).jpg
    20220309_192620 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6827 (resized).JPG
    4F04141A-0968-40A7-9AEE-3A1FEC96DDFB (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5155 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5135 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2403 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2402 (resized).JPG
    There are 327 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.
    #251 7 years ago

I would be interested in a set if your willing to post to Australia.

#252 7 years ago
    Quoted from bronco-jon:

Trust me, you can handle it. I had heard of silk screening before but had no idea what it was or how it was done before watching the video of Bryan Kelly showing how to do it.
    I watched the video, got ahold of Matt and ordered a system 11 screen and squeegee, it was delivered to my door, I ordered my ink (59LF134 Medium Yellow) from Blick Art Materials, watched the video a couple more times and went for it.....turned out beautiful.
    my first and only time ever silk screening.

Awesome. Thank you. You've built up my confidence and I will be ordering the screens

#253 7 years ago
    Quoted from Micky:

I would be interested in a set if your willing to post to Australia.

I've shipped a few to Australia in the past. Due to the large package shipping usually runs $70 USD.

#254 7 years ago
    Quoted from Radius118:

What are the chances of getting these made for Stern games?

Shouldn't be an issue. I'll take a look this weekend and see if there are any hangups.

#255 7 years ago
    Quoted from merfeldma:

I've shipped a few to Australia in the past. Due to the large package shipping usually runs $70 USD.

I'll grab a set if you have anymore available otherwise can you put me down for a set when you next have some please.

#256 7 years ago

I bought a set in the old days 2012 from Grover.
    We organised a silkprint party .. everybody was welcome to come to my place with a painted backbox and get the
    print for some bucks in the coffee pod.
    It was real fun and we had no experiences, all prints were good.
    We had to move 2 times, up and down with the ink.

The worst part was to clean the set ... a job for somebody who killed his parents while sleeping

I orderd some days ago a kit for a friend, shipping to Germany was no problem for Matt !

Just one point : maybe it is possible to offer also the paint. Nazdar is a professionel firm for business to business here in Europe, it is hard to get the colors if not running a business and buying tons of this stuff.

Feel free to have a look on our work in 2012. I have my screen still but not using it anymore due a friend is printing on a more regular
    schedule and also printing for friends and family. But this set is still a must have for original renovations !!

http://bilder.einzelart.de/thumbnails.php?album=80

As you can see we also printed a table ... just for fun ...

#257 7 years ago
    Quoted from Micky:

I'll grab a set if you have anymore available otherwise can you put me down for a set when you next have some please.

PM sent

1 month later
    #258 7 years ago

Thanks Matt.
    The screens arrived and look great!

1 week later
    #259 7 years ago
    Quoted from Micky:

Thanks Matt.
    The screens arrived and look great!

Post your finished pictures when you are done!!

#260 7 years ago
    Quoted from merfeldma:

Here you go!

IMG_1894 (resized).JPGIMG_1894 (resized).JPG

IMG_1880 (resized).JPGIMG_1880 (resized).JPG

#261 7 years ago

I really like your rotisserie with shop light concept!
    Also jealous that your workshop is cleaner and more organized than mine....

#262 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinballinreno:

I really like your rotisserie with shop light concept!
    Also jealous that your workshop is cleaner and more organized than mine....

Thank you...but a) that's just my garage (which is why I can only do most of my work during the warm months); and b) that's actually a mobile rotisserie, a great concept that has a few setbacks. But the shop light was suggested by the guy that sells the rotisserie (which is really just a modified rolling coat rack, but an ingenious idea!).

#263 7 years ago

This screen works great, looks factory!

#264 7 years ago
    Quoted from merfeldma:

Will do man!

#265 7 years ago

Nice work! That looks stunning!

#266 7 years ago

Always love seeing them when they are finished. After putting all that work into making a cab look perfect the warning is one of the last finishing touches to make it look like a pro did it.

#267 7 years ago
    Quoted from merfeldma:

Always love seeing them when they are finished. After putting all that work into making a cab look perfect the warning is one of the last finishing touches to make it look like a pro did it.

What do you mean, "like" a pro?

#268 7 years ago

like a boss? (nsfw uncensored version)

5 months later
    #269 6 years ago

Hi Matt, here are some before and after pictures of a Funhouse I just finished using you silk screen's, a big thanks to you and Bryan Kelly for the YouTube video on how to use them.

img_2406 (resized).jpgimg_2406 (resized).jpg

img_2295 (resized).jpgimg_2295 (resized).jpg

img_2534 (resized).jpgimg_2534 (resized).jpg

img_2297 (resized).jpgimg_2297 (resized).jpg

#270 6 years ago

Here are a few recent ones - BOP, FH, Flintstones and WCS-94

IMG_2402 (resized).JPGIMG_2402 (resized).JPG

IMG_2403 (resized).JPGIMG_2403 (resized).JPG

IMG_5135 (resized).JPGIMG_5135 (resized).JPG

IMG_5155 (resized).JPGIMG_5155 (resized).JPG

2 months later
    #271 6 years ago

For anyone finding this old thread and wondering, yes, the screens are still available.

#272 6 years ago
    Quoted from merfeldma:

For anyone finding this old thread and wondering, yes, the screens are still available.

I’ve been meaning to pm you. Do you have system 11 too. I got your wpc ones but I need system 11 now as well.

1 year later
    #273 5 years ago

If anyone is in need of a WPC screen and squeegee set PM me. I have one set boxed up and ready to ship out. Might be a while before I make more.

#274 5 years ago

Whats the cost?

#275 5 years ago

Warning and Patent Screens $250
    Two squeegees for screens $50
    $20 shipping/handling US

It's worth noting that if properly cleaned with 100% mineral spirits, stored in a dry dark place, these will last a lifetime of use. All of the top restorers use this screen set and are using their originals.

Quoted from Juicerc51:

Whats the cost?

3 weeks later
    #276 5 years ago

nice

1 month later
    #277 4 years ago

messaged you a couple weeks ago, check your PM when you get a moment please mate thanks

#278 4 years ago
    Quoted from visualmagic:

messaged you a couple weeks ago, check your PM when you get a moment please mate thanks

Ditto.

#279 4 years ago

I’m getting ready to do this on a funhouse. Is it a must to thin the ink with thinner or is it possible to just use the ink straight out of the jar? Also, can you use mineral spirits to screen?

9 months later
    #280 4 years ago
    Quoted from merfeldma:

Warning and Patent Screens $250
    Two squeegees for screens $50
    $20 shipping/handling US
    It's worth noting that if properly cleaned with 100% mineral spirits, stored in a dry dark place, these will last a lifetime of use. All of the top restorers use this screen set and are using their originals.

Will these be remade? Are any Pinsiders looking to sell a kit they no longer need?

#281 4 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Will these be remade? Are any Pinsiders looking to sell a kit they no longer need?

I’ve got 4 sets ready to ship right now!!

#282 4 years ago
    Quoted from merfeldma:

I’ve got 4 sets ready to ship right now!!

Really? If so I'll buy one.

6 months later
    #284 3 years ago

Just made a few sets of screens per request. I have 1 set of the WPC screens and squeegee and 1 set of the System 11 screen and squeegee ready to ship if anyone needs one.

1 month later
    #285 3 years ago

I'd like a WPC if you have it. I'm restoring a Gilligan's island.

#286 3 years ago
    Quoted from merfeldma:

Just made a few sets of screens per request. I have 1 set of the WPC screens and squeegee and 1 set of the System 11 screen and squeegee ready to ship if anyone needs one.

merfeldma I'd like a WPC if you still have it? If not, I'd like to get in on your next run whenever that is. Appreciate what you do.

Dan

#287 3 years ago
    Quoted from merfeldma:

Do you still have the system 11 screen available? If so I’ll take it. Let me know. Thanks

2 months later
    #289 3 years ago

hello @mefeldma, Do you have a WPC in stock? I would like to have one. Thanks!!!!

#290 3 years ago

Hello, I would be interested in a WPC set too if available , how much would be the cheapest shipping cost for Italy? Thanks!

3 weeks later
    #291 3 years ago

For anyone looking, I've got these added to my Pinside store now permanently. If they are in stock that means they are ready to ship

3 months later
    1 month later
    #293 2 years ago

Hi! Do you still have them for sale?

#294 2 years ago
    Quoted from FlashBFD:

Hi! Do you still have them for sale?

I do, you can PM for for details. FlashBFD

#295 2 years ago
    Quoted from merfeldma:

For anyone looking, I've got these added to my Pinside store now permanently. If they are in stock that means they are ready to ship

Is there a chance to get the same for Capcom. For shipping reasons the silk folded would help.

4 weeks later
    #296 2 years ago

tagged for interest! thanks!

#297 2 years ago

just following up, keep me posted when you get them done! thanks!

#298 2 years ago

+1 Keen to get one of these too

1 month later
    #299 2 years ago

FYI, I have two WPC screen sets and one Sys 11 ready to ship if anyone is restoring games and needs silk screens for their warning text.

#300 2 years ago

Ill take the system 11 please

There are 327 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-williams-wpc-backbox-warningpatent-silk-screens/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.