Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 327 posts
  • 107 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 days ago by merfeldma
  • Topic is favorited by 125 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7983 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7984 (resized).JPG
    _DSC0004-X3 (resized).jpg
    20220808_202519 (resized).jpg
    20220808_122704 (resized).jpg
    20220808_115639 (resized).jpg
    20220309_193754 (resized).jpg
    20220309_200013 (resized).jpg
    20220309_192545 (resized).jpg
    20220309_192620 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6827 (resized).JPG
    4F04141A-0968-40A7-9AEE-3A1FEC96DDFB (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5155 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5135 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2403 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2402 (resized).JPG
    There are 327 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.
    #51 10 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

The patent text on my games is about 3" from chock to edge of text.
    I assume the screen being offered here will be tight enough to allow for proper placement.

The Patent text is placed so you can use the rail as a stop and it will be placed in just the right spot.

#52 10 years ago

I would be game for one stop shopping >> i.e. pay extra for the squeegee and proper ink. May save us all a little on the separate shipping if we needed to buy stuff from different places?

#53 10 years ago
    Quoted from crank:

He'll be alright, he drives a butt ugly Aztec. If that has not killed him nothing will.

I'll just say that the Aztec is proven to be the best pinball hauler around. Plus with the built in cooler there's plenty of cold beverages for long road trips.

#54 10 years ago

Flynnibus, I can create a stencil that has all the insides of the characters, but I hadn't thought about removing them after. Good point!

#55 10 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

I install new chocks on all my restorations ,so the patent doesn't matter if it is on the same screen for me .

I do too but Id rather screen it after the entire cab is painted. So you paint the cab, screen the cab, install the chocks and then paint the chocks once installed?

#56 10 years ago
    Quoted from WeirPinball:

I agree. Plus I paint the chocks after installation, so screening happens after the chocks are on for me.

Why do you guys do this? I just don't see why you'd install the chocks before painting the cab. Is there something I'm missing. It just seems like you are adding work where it is not needed.

#57 10 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

So you paint the cab, screen the cab, install the chocks and then paint the chocks once installed?

No ,I paint the chocks off the game then install them painted .

#58 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

THANKS a ton for doing the work to make this happen!!!
    Awesome stuff!!! BK, when I get around to doing my TAF I will be giving you a call to get some help on how to use these properly . I will happily put together a thread with video to document the process so others can learn... deal?

Looks like Matt wants to play movie maker. We'll do a video next weekend showing how things are done. I don't have a head to screen, but I'll find something we can slap the warning text on.

#59 10 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

but I'll find something we can slap the warning text on.

The hood of car is a good place

#60 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

THANKS a ton for doing the work to make this happen!!!
    Awesome stuff!!! BK, when I get around to doing my TAF I will be giving you a call to get some help on how to use these properly . I will happily put together a thread with video to document the process so others can learn... deal?

Looks like Matt wants to play movie maker. We'll do a video next weekend showing how things are done. I don't have a head to screen, but I'll find something we can slap the warning text on.

#61 10 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

With Bryan starring the movie will be rated NC-17, Parental Guidance suggested.

#62 10 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

The hood of car is a good place

Matt's going to bring his wife along. We'll be giving her a "tramp stamp."

Matt's going to wish he hadn't asked me to do this.

#63 10 years ago
    Quoted from merfeldma:

With Bryan starring the movie will be rated NC-17, Parental Guidance suggested.

You better have the f'ing beep button ready.

#64 10 years ago

I don't have a head to screen, but I'll find something we can slap the warning text on.

I was going to volunteer my Funhouse b/c the head is off and it's empty in my garage but I had a different warning label on mine. Not sure why. But I could sand off the back and put a fresh coat of blue on for you to screen and drop it off at Matt's house.

IMAG1880.jpgIMAG1880.jpg

#65 10 years ago
    Quoted from jathomp22:

I was going to volunteer my Funhouse b/c the head is off and it's empty in my garage but I had a different warning label on mine. Not sure why. But I could sand off the back and put a fresh coat of blue on for you to screen and drop it off at Matt's house.

You could do the same thing with your X-men.

#66 10 years ago
    Quoted from jathomp22:

I was going to volunteer my Funhouse b/c the head is off and it's empty in my garage but I had a different warning label on mine. Not sure why

Does your Funhouse have system 11 side rails ?

#67 10 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

Does your Funhouse have system 11 side rails ?

My FH side rails are just like my EATPM and STTNG where they aren't around the flipper buttons so they are WPC. Thanks for PMing me the difference between the two.

#68 10 years ago

Well since we are on the subject a system 11 silkscreen would be nice to have as well

#69 10 years ago

My funhouse has the WPC text warning , so if you need yours done ,it is correct either way !

#70 10 years ago

I get it now. I looked at the back of my EATPM. I essentially have a WPC Funhouse with System 11 backbox warning. Is this like baseball cards where it worth 10x more b/c of a printing error that made it into production..... Heck, I'll settle for 2X..... No wait, I'll just settle for having my FH back together so I can actually play it. Jason

#71 10 years ago
    Quoted from jathomp22:

If Matt doesn't mind bringing it, I don't mind screening it.

It's either the FH or Matt's wife's back, at this point.

#72 10 years ago

I'm in for the patent screen. I had a company make the WPC warning text before. I wanted to have them make a System 11 one, and a patent one, but they are no longer in business.
    Thanks for offering these to the group.

#73 10 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

She's too skinny for that.

#74 10 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

No ,I paint the chocks off the game then install them painted .

Why?

#75 10 years ago

anyone make these for the new Stern games?

#76 10 years ago

Really, Taylor, who gives a shit. Do it however works best for you. I will say, if using a spray set up, it's easier to spray the back without the chocks in place and spray the chocks separately. I install the chocks unpainted and spray the backs and chocks at the same time. But I use rattle cans so it's easier to get into the corners created by the chock against the back.

#77 10 years ago

Why?

Because the patent text is on the same screen .

who gives a shit

LOL

IMG_3727.JPGIMG_3727.JPG

#78 10 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Really, Taylor, who gives a shit. Do it however works best for you. I will say, if using a spray set up, it's easier to spray the back without the chocks in place and spray the chocks separately. I install the chocks unpainted and spray the backs and chocks at the same time. But I use rattle cans so it's easier to get into the corners created by the chock against the back.

Apparently you do.

Quoted from McCune:

Because the patent text is on the same screen .

That's what I was assuming.

#79 10 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

That's what I was assuming.

I would not do it any other way,even if I buy the small screen. I like the look of my rebuilt cabinets .

#80 10 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

I would not do it any other way,even if I buy the small screen. I like the look of my rebuilt cabinets .

What would look different?

#81 10 years ago
    Quoted from Hellfire:

Well since we are on the subject a system 11 silkscreen would be nice to have as well

I'm already getting started on that. More details to follow.

#82 10 years ago
    Quoted from NYP:

anyone make these for the new Stern games?

If there's enough demand I could make them.

#83 10 years ago
    Quoted from jathomp22:

Let me know, I'd be glad to do it for you.

#84 10 years ago

For those interested I can include the two squeegees for an additional $50

#85 10 years ago

WOW...

I'm actually in the process of making my own. I was going to offer them to the community, $200 bucks?!?!?

That's kind of insane, especially considering the text is horribly out of alignment.

#86 10 years ago
    Quoted from merfeldma:

For those interested I can include the two squeegees for an additional $50

without taking the time to research it myself, is that a mark up or a deal?

#87 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gannicus:

WOW...
    That's kind of insane, especially considering the text is horribly out of alignment.

The text isn't out of alignment, that is caused from distortion of the camera lens. Bryan can attest that the screens match up with the original text spot on.

#88 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

without taking the time to research it myself, is that a mark up or a deal?

That's with no markup buying directly from my printer. I am only offering since some people have asked but am not trying to profit off of the squeegees.

#89 10 years ago

Get paid.

#90 10 years ago

The tutorial video will be shot this weekend. Hopefully the editing won't take long. Once it's finished I'll link to the video on youtube.

#91 10 years ago

How tall is the patent screen?

#92 10 years ago

If Matt doesn't mind bringing it, I don't mind screening it.

I went with the easiest option. I picked up some paint and stopped by Matt's house and she's prepped and ready to go for the screening.

FH_Prep.jpgFH_Prep.jpg

#93 10 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

12" X 9".

#94 10 years ago
    Quoted from jathomp22:

I went with the easiest option. I picked up some paint and stopped by Matt's house and she's prepped and ready to go for the screening.

Atta boy. Make sure she knows clothes are optional.

#95 10 years ago

We might have enough space if we put her and her sister together.

#96 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gannicus:

WOW...
    I'm actually in the process of making my own. I was going to offer them to the community, $200 bucks?!?!?

I don't recall it being illegal or immoral to make a couple bucks off your work?

#97 10 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

They are on a 9" x 11" aluminum frame.

#98 10 years ago
    Quoted from crank:

We might have enough space if we put her and her sister together.

I'm just going to say I'm glad she doesn't check Pinside.

#99 10 years ago
    Quoted from merfeldma:

They are on a 9" x 11" aluminum frame.

It's actually 12" high, Matt. I've got it right here in my grubby little hands.

#100 10 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

It's actually 12" high, Matt. I've got it right here in my grubby little hands.

My bad, you're right

There are 327 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-williams-wpc-backbox-warningpatent-silk-screens/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.