Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by bronco-jon
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCF2276_(resized).JPG
    DSCF2278_(resized).JPG
    DSCF2205_(resized).JPG
    syst11.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

Due to the popular demand of the WPC silk screen set I have been making I have also been asked by many now to make a System 11 backbox warning silk screen. Using the same process as before I have scanned in the artwork and vectored the text to match as close as possible to the originals.

Although I have shipped out some of the WPC sets I would like to offer these screens at no shipping for those who previously ordered from me. In order to get these printed I need a minimum of 10 orders. Once I get the first frame made I will post pictures of the final product.

Payment can be sent through Paypal to [email protected]. The Sys 11 screens will be $150 + $20 shipping. Be sure to include your address, item wanted, and pinside username. I will confirm with you after your order and email you tracking information once the screens are shipped.

More info on the WPC screens
    http://forum-img.pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-williams-wpc-backbox-warningpatent-silk-screens

Bryan Kelly Tutorial using my WPC screen

#2 10 years ago

Put me down for one especially with the free shipping. Need it for the cyclone I'm working on. Whats the time frame on these?

#3 10 years ago
    Quoted from Chemixtry:

Put me down for one especially with the free shipping. Need it for the cyclone I'm working on. Whats the time frame on these?

I'll put you on the list and let everyone know when we reach 10. I anticipate it taking a bit longer to reach 10 since less people are restoring System 11 games. If we don't reach 10 in two weeks or so I'll see about getting a lower number printed.

#4 10 years ago

Pretty cool tool and nice demo but its upside down.

(Kidding)

#5 10 years ago

Great video! I've got 4 System 11's that are going to be restored at some point (probably when I retire in 20 years). Is it possible to get in on both System 11 and WPC screens at this point?

Chris

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

Great video! I've got 4 System 11's that are going to be restored at some point (probably when I retire in 20 years). Is it possible to get in on both System 11 and WPC screens at this point?
    Chris

Chris, you're in luck. Since the screens are still being printed I'm able to add to the order. I'll PM you for details.

#7 10 years ago

So do I have to sand down my new WPC silk screen so you can now make a video of the System 11 screen that my Funhouse originally had on it.... Your going to owe me some orbital sanding pads by the time I'm all done with this Funhouse. Or you could just put my Funhouse back together again for me.

By the way, I have the Funhouse WPC silkscreen back at my house and it looks really nice. I'm now stripping down the rest of the cabinet and getting it ready for decals to match the nice silkscreen.

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from jathomp22:

So do I have to sand down my new WPC silk screen so you can now make a video of the System 11 screen that my Funhouse originally had on it.... Your going to owe me some orbital sanding pads by the time I'm all done with this Funhouse. Or you could just put my Funhouse back together again for me.
    By the way, I have the Funhouse WPC silkscreen back at my house and it looks really nice. I'm now stripping down the rest of the cabinet and getting it ready for decals to match the nice silkscreen.

If you want to be a purist you would correct it, that's all I'm going to say. Maybe on round two you won't get any rain on it so Bryan doesn't need to call you out.
    BTW, if you need any assistance with decals let me know. Once July starts I'll be out on summer break.

#9 10 years ago

Any more takers, I'm still a few short of the 10 I need to get them made.

1 week later
    #10 10 years ago

I went ahead an made 10 screens up so I could show a picture of how they look. I already had a few takers and will be getting their's out shortly. I also have a few extra sets of the WPC screens available for anyone interested as well.

The text is placed off center on purpose so a cleat can be screwed to the other end to grip the cabinet head while screening.

syst11.jpgsyst11.jpg

3 weeks later
    #12 10 years ago

2 more System 11 screens left, along with 4 more WPC screen sets if anyone is interested.

3 weeks later
    #13 10 years ago

$$ sent for a Sys 11 screen

Scott

#14 10 years ago

I really hope that no one is offended by this, but I have to ask. Is this something that is really necessary to put on a machine?

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from mcclad:

I really hope that no one is offended by this, but I have to ask. Is this something that is really necessary to put on a machine?

To play a game, no. To restore a game, YES!

OP, Nice work!

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from mcclad:

What, I hang out back there all the time.

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from mcclad:

Quoted from eh97ac:

To play a game, no. To restore a game, YES!
    OP, Nice work!

Ok. That makes sense. I did not know if the warnings had to be on a machine or not.

#18 10 years ago

I noticed my system 11's use an orange color on the warning screening, anyone know what color that is or does everyone just go with the 59LF134 Medium Yellow?

#19 10 years ago

PM sent for sys 11 screen. If still available, I'll forward the funds.

Steve (in Escalon, CA)

#20 10 years ago

Just responded to everyone that PM'd and will make sure everyone is taken care of.

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from Joshmx19:

I noticed my system 11's use an orange color on the warning screening, anyone know what color that is or does everyone just go with the 59LF134 Medium Yellow?

Josh, I'm not aware of an orange ink being used. I went and checked mine and it's just as yellow as my other WPC games. If anyone else knows anything about this I'd really be interested to know too.

2 years later
    #22 8 years ago
    Quoted from merfeldma:

Josh, I'm not aware of an orange ink being used. I went and checked mine and it's just as yellow as my other WPC games. If anyone else knows anything about this I'd really be interested to know too.

I'm sure by now you have seen an orange warning print, if not, this is the back of my F-14 Tomcat. And I am sending you an email to purchase one of the system 11 silk screen prints. Thank you, Jon

DSCF2205_(resized).JPGDSCF2205_(resized).JPG

2 weeks later
    #23 8 years ago

My first time ever doing a silk screen print. I just watched the video and then used the contact info at the end of the video to order the screen and squeegee from merfeldma, and ordered ink from Dick Blick Art Materials (www.dickblick.com).
    Thanks merfeldma and bryan_kelly

DSCF2278_(resized).JPGDSCF2278_(resized).JPG

DSCF2276_(resized).JPGDSCF2276_(resized).JPG

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-williams-system-11-backbox-warning-silk-screen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.