New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 54274)

FS: Williams Indiana Jones

By johnc714

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 37 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by jalpert
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IndyTrans.jpg
IndyLEDs.jpg
IndyPF1.jpg

#1 7 years ago

For Sale- Very nice WMS Indiana Jones, just shy of collector quality, game was bought from a high end collection about 2 years ago. I do not know the exact history of the game, it was on route very briefly and the operator/owner only had one location so it was not moved around. I do not know exactly how long it spent on route but judging by the condition it was not on location very long.

PF-9/10 tiny bit of insert edge wear on 2 inserts that is barely noticeable
Cabinet- 9/10 no fade at all, a small scuff on the left side of the head, aside from that it's perfect

Game was super clean when I got it but it was still torn down and shopped out with white rubber, dmd is perfect, a few small mods (plane w/ spinning propellor, grail/arc light cut outs on speaker panel below dmd), all cointaker LEDs, flippers rebuilt, all mechs taken apart and cleaned, bumper plug behind the mode start to prevent ball rejections. Game plays beautifully and looks phenomenal!

Asking $7,000 OBO. Will consider trade for a nice LOTR + cash.

Located in Medfield, MA but can be shipped if buyer covers shipping fees. Please email johnchapple714@gmail.com with any questions. Thank you!

#2 7 years ago

Photos added, more photos here:

http://s1088.photobucket.com/user/johnchapple714/library/WMS%20-%20IJ

IndyPF1.jpg IndyLEDs.jpg IndyTrans.jpg

#3 7 years ago

Open to trade of LOTR plus cash...

Forgot to mention the Pinnovators headphone kit installed on Indy as well.

#4 7 years ago

GLWS!

William's IJ Promo Video

Enjoy!

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

GLWS!
William's IJ Promo Video
Enjoy!
ยป YouTube video

That's awesome man. Thanks.

3 weeks later
#6 7 years ago

Bump

Button/wear protectors have been removed from the cabinet with no damage. See updated photos.

Updated photos here: http://s1088.photobucket.com/user/johnchapple714/library/WMS%20-%20IJ

#7 7 years ago

Wow, a ten minute promo video for a pinball machine. I don't think promo videos are this long now a days. Things sure have changed haven't they.

QSS

#8 7 years ago

Surprised it hasn't sold yet.

#10 7 years ago

What's with the thumbs down votes to the OP?

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Good question. Looked like a thorough explanation of condition to me.

Price police perhaps?

#12 7 years ago

Geez...I didn't even catch the thumbs down votes...I'm always happy to answer questions or discuss anything about my games. I'd appreciate questions or concerns be expressed to me or on the thread instead of just making me look like a bum with the votes.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Quoted from statsdoc:

Price police perhaps?

If that is the reason, then that is stupid. The OP has OBO in the thread. If somebody is interested, and has a price in mind, then make an offer.

How do you "thumb down" a price when you don't even know what the final price/offer is?

Quoted from johnc714:

Will consider trade for a nice LOTR + cash.

Plus he is open to trades on a LOTR + Cash. Again, the OP is open to options and without contacting him personally nobody should be price policing.

GLWTS

Machine looks nice and if you sell it, I hope you and the buyer have a good transaction.

#14 7 years ago

Long time no see! Any interest in a ToM trade?

#15 7 years ago

contact benepinball on here, he has been looking for an IJ for about a year now.....

#16 7 years ago

GLWS...you seem right in the ballpark on price. I'm sure you'll move it VERY soon!

#17 7 years ago

No, it's overpriced or it would have sold already. Had mine up for sale in similar condition for 4500-5000 for-ev-er and it never sold... Ended up trading it.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

No, it's overpriced or it would have sold already. Had mine up for sale in similar condition for 4500-5000 for-ev-er and it never sold... Ended up trading it.

Ohio and Mass are two very different markets.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

That's very suprising. I put up a really nice sample IJ here for 6800 (I think) and it was sold and picked up within 12 hours. I had 3 other back up buyers too. A sample has more value, but not that much more in the same market.

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

really nice sample

#21 7 years ago

Pinster, yours may not have been as nice. I know you think it was similar, but was it really...

#22 7 years ago

Bump for a great seller. John is an easy to work with and does an amazing job with his restores. I've bought and sold with him and never had a problem, he's always been quick to point out any issue and there are never surprises.

#23 7 years ago

IJ-related!

Check out this online interactive tutorial I'm in the progress of creating!

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/announcing-alexs-interactive-pinball-tutorials-alpha

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

That's very suprising. I put up a really nice sample IJ here for 6800 (I think) and it was sold and picked up within 12 hours. I had 3 other back up buyers too. A sample has more value, but not that much more in the same market.

I don't dissagree

Quoted from pinster68:Ohio and Mass are two very different markets.

I agree on both points. Markets change. It's harder to sell a higher priced game in the summer. There was a decent condition but faded IJ that was for sale at the last Chi pinball expo. The asking price was 4800 and I don't think it ever sold through the 4 day event.

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Oh, was that yours on CL for about 1.5 months, Snyper? I kept eye-balling that machine. Until I get my basement (gameroom) finished, though, I cannot entertain buying more. 2 in the living room and 1 in the dining room already has the wife on edge. lol

#26 7 years ago

It was on CL for a bit... I don't think it's the same one you are referencing.

I traded it local for a deal I just could not refuse.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from Olddragon:

Until I get my basement (gameroom) finished, though, I cannot entertain buying more. 2 in the living room and 1 in the dining room already has the wife on edge. lol

Wow, tell your wife I have 8 in the living room and 4 in the dining room.

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from PinAddict-SoCal:

Wow, tell your wife I have 8 in the living room and 4 in the dining room.

Pictures? That would be awesome for me to show her.

#29 7 years ago

Sure, I'll take some pics when I get a chance and PM you. P.S. No need to tell your wife I don't have a wife or a live-in girlfriend

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Pinster, yours may not have been as nice. I know you think it was similar, but was it really...

Are you sure you read the right post? I didn't make any comparison to my IJ, just that markets are different from Ohio and the greater NYC, Philly, Boston metro areas.

Incidentally my IJ is CQ.

#31 7 years ago

Bump

#32 7 years ago

IJ isn't as easy to sell as people claim it is. The only ones who rave about it are the ones who still own it. Even when I owned one I couldn't rave about it, even tho it was HUO. Just not as good of a game as the owners wish it was.

#33 7 years ago

Ours was easy to sell.. Just has to be priced right.

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

IJ isn't as easy to sell as people claim it is. The only ones who rave about it are the ones who still own it. Even when I owned one I couldn't rave about it, even tho it was HUO. Just not as good of a game as the owners wish it was.

Based on your other game ratings, I can see how you could say that.

#35 7 years ago

I don't think so. I can appreciate our opinion of the game, but it's currently ranked #7 on IPDB and #11 on Pinisde. You don't like it, that's fine. Most people disagree with you, that's fine too.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

The only ones who rave about it are the ones who still own it.

#36 7 years ago

the ranks on IPDB and Pinside have a lot of shitty games in the top ranks that shouldn't be there. But a lot of votes are from people who never owned the game to be able to play it long enough to know it's short lived. Ratings are fueled by hype. More hype games get, the higher the ranking seems to be. Squeeky wheel gets the oil.

#37 7 years ago

I partially agree. Because my opinion differs from others at times

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

the ranks on IPDB and Pinside have a lot of shitty games in the top ranks that shouldn't be there.

Not every game is supposed to be TSPP or LOTR. WH20 is phenomenal, but lets' be honest, at the end of the day it's shoot for the blinky orange arrows or stack the 5x with the multiball. Some games can be got in a game or two, some take a year or two. Hell, I know people who've owned games for years they haven't fully figured out and never will. Those guys have opinions of their games as well.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

But a lot of votes are from people who never owned the game to be able to play it long enough to know it's short lived.

Yup.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Ratings are fueled by hype.

This implies hype is the #1 reason games get to a high ranking. I agree with you in the short term, Metallica LE is the #1 pinball of all time right now. But time and a larger sample of reviews will fix that.

Also, IJ is far from a game that is over hyped. I'll give you a bunch of flaws, but it's still phenomenal.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

More hype games get, the higher the ranking seems to be. Squeeky wheel gets the oil.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside