Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

KITTEN_FIST_BUMP.jpg
Big_Guns_playfield.JPG
Big_Guns_side.JPG
Big_Guns_front.JPG
image.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Selling my very first game, a Williams Big Guns. This is a clean, cosmetically good game, in solid working condition.

I bought this game about five years ago from Bill Heatherly of Mechanicsburg, PA. Pinsiders may know of Bill's superb restoration work. THIS IS NOT ONE OF BILL'S MUSEUM QUALITY RESTORATIONS!

But Bill did a nice job of cleaning it up and putting its best foot forward. There are some blemishes -- a scratch here and there, some light insert lifting, a nicked plastic or two. But overall, it's a good-looking game. Here's a video I made today of the game in action:

http://s997.photobucket.com/user/mdolshan/media/Big%20Guns%20gameplay%20video/MVI_1950_zps050f8ac9.mp4.html?sort=3&o=0

And here's an album of about 20 pictures I took of the game today:

http://s997.photobucket.com/user/mdolshan/library/Big%20Guns%20photos?sort=2&page=1

Apologies in advance for the lame focus in some of them. I hope the video helps make up for that.

The new owner will get a brand new set of Rottendog LED displays, which I installed this afternoon and look great.

The game is at our property in Landisburg, PA (17040), which is about 45 minutes from Harrisburg, and 1hr 45 minutes from our home in Baltimore. We should be back up in Landisburg this weekend if you're interested in coming over and checking it out.

Shipping is a possibility, but I'd much prefer to hand over the keys in person.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Asking price is $1200.

Best,

Matthew

#2 10 years ago

By the way, if you're interested in the old display board (three of the four displays are bright and working), I've listed them in a separate thread:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-display-board-from-williams-big-guns-three-bright-working-displays

Best,

Matthew

#3 10 years ago

GLWS!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#4 10 years ago

Thank you!

Big Guns is a great game. And a sentimental favorite -- it was the first game I ever bought.

Best,

Matthew

#5 10 years ago

My first also and Im still loving it. GL

1 week later
#6 10 years ago

Price lowered!

Come by this weekend and take a look.

Best,

Matthew

#7 10 years ago

Hey Matthew, I'm the one that grabbed your HH a few years back. People should know you are a good guy & seller. I remember looking at this Big Guns when I was down there & if I recall this might of been your favorite game at that time. I think this looks like a good deal, if it stays up too long I might be tempted to make the drive myself!

#8 10 years ago

Hi Rob,

Many thanks for the kind words! I've followed your posts over the years, and am really glad you managed to bring the HH all the way back.

Big Guns is a family favorite, but we're in a downsizing mode, and it's been with us the longest.

Let's stay in touch. You'd certainly be the recipient of a "friend price" for the Big Guns...

Best,

Matthew

#9 10 years ago

If I straight sell the EBD I have listed, then I'd have to seriously consider this as its replacement & I'll let you know. That is if somebody else doesn't snag it soon.
How tall is this game? I know it is taller than most. My ceiling isn't very high, like my Tommy with the mirror ball topper is actually close to touching my ceiling. Maybe Big Guns is no taller than a typical game with a topper?

#10 10 years ago

I'm glad you asked about the height of the game, since I seem to remember reading that the raised HH playfield barely cleared your basement ceiling...

Big Guns is a bit taller than a normal game. There was a thread here recently addressing exactly this question:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-williams-big-guns-mn-nice-cosmetics-125000

Looks like the consensus was somewhere around 82". I'll measure my game this weekend and post it here as general information.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from mdolshan:

Selling my very first game, a Williams Big Guns.

This was to be my first game. I almost bought one back in '95. Hmmm, maybe my last game.

Fair price, but shipping. Hmmm.....

#12 10 years ago

Thanks for the interest!

My preference would be for a local sale, but I have successfully shipped games. In fact, the last one, a Gottlieb Cleopatra, made it safely to Thousand Oaks, Ca...

#13 10 years ago

Hi all,

Just tried to post and there was a snafu, so forgive me if this winds up being a double post.

We're back up in Landisburg (17040) this weekend, so please feel free to drop by and check out the Big Guns in person.

FYI, I measured the height of the game, which is about 83" to the top of the backbox with the levelers on the back legs extended pretty far.

I took a few more pictures, which it looks like I'm going to have to attach one at a time...

Big_Guns_front.JPGBig_Guns_front.JPG

#14 10 years ago

Here's another...

Big_Guns_side.JPGBig_Guns_side.JPG

#15 10 years ago

And one more...

Big_Guns_playfield.JPGBig_Guns_playfield.JPG

#16 10 years ago

This is one of those games that just doesn't get enough love from pinheads. Yes it's simple, but that doesn't necessarily mean easy. Once the outlane kickback & gate are used, prepare to drain! Getting them relit can be a real challenge in itself. Big Guns will absolutely punish a sloppy player. GLWS! I really dig mine.

#17 10 years ago

I'm with you on that one! Really fun and brutal, if set up properly. And good luck saving the queen!

--M

#18 10 years ago

[bump]

#19 10 years ago

Any chance you can deliver to Buffalo area?

#20 10 years ago

Sorry, I'm stuck at home for the foreseeable future! But perhaps there's someone here who's headed that way?

#21 10 years ago

I should add that I will happily prep the game for shipping for a fellow Pinsider. By that I mean removing the head, cushioning it, and stretchwrapping the game.

Palletizing, on the other hand, is a different story. I've never done that before, and I'd probably have to charge for the supplies and time.

M

#22 10 years ago

I"m actually surprised this hasn't sold yet. I'd love a Big Guns and that's a pretty decent price for a nice example.

Basic, cool, system 11.

#23 10 years ago

It's the end of summer, a slow time, I suppose.

Thanks for the encouragement!

$1000 is a less than I have in it. Which is fine. I like passing along a good value. Especially on a sentimental favorite, like this one, my very first game.

If I hadn't just replaced the displays with LEDs, I would have priced it a bit lower.

Then again, I suppose my arm could be twisted a little...

#24 10 years ago

Honestly I think it's a steal in that shape WITH new displays.

If you find anyone coming this way, let me know. (I'd have to measure to make sure it fits in my gameroom prior).

GLWTS

#25 10 years ago

Thanks, I think it's a good deal, too!

FYI, I measured the game at the backbox. With the rear levelers pretty high, it's just shy of 83" tall.

Hope that helps.

I'll keep my eyes open for anyone traveling from Landisburg (17040) to Buffalo. It's not that crazy an idea. Our place is about 25 minutes from PA 11/15.

#26 10 years ago

GLWS Nice BG, I kind of miss mine!

#27 10 years ago

Thanks! I know I'll miss mine, too. But it's time to downsize...

M

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Honestly I think it's a steal in that shape WITH new displays.
If you find anyone coming this way, let me know. (I'd have to measure to make sure it fits in my gameroom prior).
GLWTS

That's an easy drive... You could do it in one day back and forth... If you want the game, do it!!!

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

That's an easy drive... You could do it in one day back and forth... If you want the game, do it!!!

I've thought about it, but two things that drive me nuts:

1. I would have to take the backbox off to make it fit. I HATE this. It makes things a pita. Not impossible obviously, but just adds a monkey wrench.

2. Just had to fork over $265 for a Rottendog mpu and other money to have a power/driver looked at by Clive.. so funding for pins is rather low.

#30 10 years ago

I encourage you to keep thinking about it!

As for item one on your "nut-driving" list, I think you'd have to take the head off this game to transport it anyway. It's not hinged. But it's a System 11, and not super-complicated to disconnect and reconnect.

To help with item two, I'd be willing to hold the game for you if we could work out an agreeable deposit.

Not trying to be pushy; I just want to get this game in the hands of someone who'd really appreciate it. Which it sounds like you would!

Hope that helps,

Matthew

#31 10 years ago

My backbox is hinged.

#32 10 years ago

Mine has a hasp on the back to secure it in place, but the head doesn't fold down on a hinge. At least, I'm pretty sure it doesn't.

I'll double check this weekend...

M

#33 10 years ago

pm sent.

#34 10 years ago

PM replied to! hope you can come check it out.

#35 10 years ago

I can see the hinges in your pics, enless they're not attached.

#36 10 years ago

I'm happy to chalk this one up to my ignorance!

M

#37 10 years ago

Weekend bump, complete with price reduction...

Come see the game on Sunday -- and take it home with you!

Thanks,

Matthew

#38 10 years ago

[bump]

#39 10 years ago

Nice price deserves a bump.

#40 10 years ago

Thank you!

#41 10 years ago

Bump.

KITTEN_FIST_BUMP.jpgKITTEN_FIST_BUMP.jpg

#42 10 years ago

PM sent.

#43 10 years ago

PM responded to!

Thanks, dmklunk.

M

#44 10 years ago

Go get it dmklunk! The upper pf is boss, imo.
http://pinball.org/videos/gameplay-videos/big-guns/

#45 10 years ago

This time, I really wish I had been closer. Or taller for that matter.

#46 10 years ago

Bump, complete with price reduction.

This will be the last one, though. Come see it this weekend and take it home!

Best,

Matthew

#47 10 years ago

Bump

Anyone traveling from Baltimore to Buffalo area anytime soon??

#48 10 years ago

I wish I knew someone who was making the trek.

But FYI, the game is in Landisburg, PA (17040), not Baltimore.

Landisburg is about 40 minutes west of Harrisburg, and about twenty minutes north of Carlisle. You can get to 11/15 at Marysville in about twenty-five minutes...

#49 10 years ago

If I had room for more than one pin, I probably would have made the drive out by now. :/

#50 10 years ago

Thanks for all the interest, guys, but if the game doesn't sell this weekend (Labor Day weekend), I'm going to take it off the market and try again, at my original asking price, around Christmas.

This is simply too nice of a game to give away. No hard feelings; I'm just going to chalk it up to end-of-summer doldrums...

Best,

Matthew

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
Machine - For Sale
Davenport, FL
1,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, NY
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-williams-big-guns-1200-landisburg-pa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.