(Topic ID: 54225)

FS: Why Buy Avengers Prem? NIB AVENGERS LE BLUES!

By Gexchange

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 69 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Don1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_0185.JPG
There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago

Humm, I don't see a PM from you.

#52 10 years ago

Best way to get ahold of me is via Email or phone [email protected] 303-962-4666

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Then they should have made Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Pinball....but no, it's based on the movie & the voices don't match at all.

Who cares? Oh, that's right, you and seven other people.

Rips from the movie wouldn't work. Watch the movie and listen.

Then play the pin. Lots and lots and lots and lots and lots...and you'll agree, the voice work ROCKS!

SKILLSHOT!!!!!

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Who cares? Oh, that's right, you and seven other people.

If it was only 7 people then SUPER DUPER AWESOMELY VOICED LEs would not be sitting in distributors warehouses.

Hmmm...which other LEs are still sitting with distribs...TFLE & X-Men LE. Hmmm...why is it that the games with fake or bad voices are sitting around? Hmmmmm....oh, cuz sound packages MATTER!

***Even tho it's super fun f'ing around with TFA, I realize this is JJ's sale thread -soooo...for the record, I do think that Avengers is pretty fun and of the fake-voiced games, it has the best voice call outs. I'm sure JJ is offering these at a great price!

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

The Premium has got to be making distributors unhappy....

No doubt. I feel bad for all the distributors that are stuck with these. Stern forced them to take one blue one for every Hulk they ordered. It would have worked out fine, but unfortunately the game didn't end up being nearly as popular as everyone anticipated. To make matters worse, now Stern is producing premiums while the distributors still haven't moved all their LEs.

For what it's worth, I agree with everyone that said the blue one looks better than the green one. I've felt this way ever since I first saw the photos. The blue one is just stunning. It also makes more sense, since it's an Avengers game, not a Hulk game.

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

No doubt. I feel bad for all the distributors that are stuck with these. Stern forced them to take one blue one for every Hulk they ordered.....For what it's worth, I agree with everyone that said the blue one looks better than the green one. I've felt this way ever since I first saw the photos. The blue one is just stunning. It also makes more sense, since it's an Avengers game, not a Hulk game.

I think it may be better to stick with doing one awesome LE. Doing two is tough because typically one is more popular. If they do LE, Premiums (maybe 2), Pro that is already three-four models that is enough IMO. I also agree that the Blue looks better and more theme appropriate then the Green. If they were going individual character route they should of done Iron Man and Hulk.

Getting an LE at a Premium price tag is nice hope these find a good home JJ.

#57 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

No doubt. I feel bad for all the distributors that are stuck with these.

Is it thaaaaat horrible though, really? I mean...on some level it's prob good for a gameroom store to have a variety of themes in their inventory. They'll all eventually sell. Look on the bright side!

#58 10 years ago

Bump.. Still got a few left. Several guys have gotten in on this deal though!

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If it was only 7 people then SUPER DUPER AWESOMELY VOICED LEs would not be sitting in distributors warehouses.
Hmmm...which other LEs are still sitting with distribs...TFLE & X-Men LE. Hmmm...why is it that the games with fake or bad voices are sitting around? Hmmmmm....oh, cuz sound packages MATTER!
***Even tho it's super fun f'ing around with TFA, I realize this is JJ's sale thread -soooo...for the record, I do think that Avengers is pretty fun and of the fake-voiced games, it has the best voice call outs. I'm sure JJ is offering these at a great price!

The "only" problem with Avengers is that it uses the movie actors in the art and not the voices. Probably licensing costs or something, who knows for sure. You can always dub over the callouts with movie ones using the pinball explorer another pinsider wrote. I'm still working on some audio for Tron. I like the voice of the original MCP.
XM (thankfully) didn't use the movies. No probs with the movies, but the comic book art is really good on that game. Good voices because they aren't tied to the movies. Loved the movies & looking forward to the upcoming Wolverine & Days of Future Past movies. Good stuff.

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

XM (thankfully) didn't use the movies. No probs with the movies, but the comic book art is really good on that game. Good voices because they aren't tied to the movies.

'cept for Beast and Storm.

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

'cept for Beast and Storm.

Better than Lars and James lolololololllol,o,olo,lolololololllol

#62 10 years ago

And avengers is starting to look pretty dam good now that MET is out and has just as many issues :lol
Of course...we should keep that on the down low since more people bought MET

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Oh no, have to totally disagree on Lars and James. I know nothing about the band other than I don't enjoy their music, except for the two songs I know from the radio Sandman and One. I don't like their music, don't like their look, don't like their themes... nothing against the band, they just don't appeal to me at all.

So explain how I completely loved playing the new Metallica table? I still don't know any more songs, and I don't like the band any more than before, but I could play that table for a long long time. The layout is amazing, the art! WOW I love the colors and everything about the look in person it is incredible.

Honestly though, my favorite part? That it has the band members voices... I don't care how funny they sound, just knowing those are the actual band members that took the time to sit down and record pinball callouts... Pinball! I can't even explain it but the fact that their voices are in the game makes that table stand out.

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

And Avengers is starting to look pretty dam good now that MET is out and has just as many issues :lol

I formerly owned an Avengers Pro and I now own a Metallica Pro. Whatever issues I have encountered with the Metallica are minor (as in nothing) compared to what I went though with the Avengers.

#65 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Hey, Shittylars IS Lars...who else are you gonna cast as Lars but Lars? Beast could have been any halfway decent actor but they actually chose THAT guy, recorded him, and said "OK this is acceptable" LOLOlOLoLoLOloLLLOOOOlllllololol

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

And Avengers is starting to look pretty dam good now that MET is out and has just as many issues :lol

The People have spoken ..........

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

The People have spoken ..........

Someone had to say it

Seriously though, I have nothing against MET (or avengers for that matter). Game doesnt interest me one bit and i love metallica. I just dont care for 1/2 the song choices and lars/james call outs irritate me. Its like actors you love on film but hate when they speak.

Quoted from jamesdeloris:

I formerly owned an Avengers Pro and I now own a Metallica Pro. Whatever issues I have encountered with the Metallica are minor (as in nothing) compared to what I went though with the Avengers.

From what I've read, most the MET issues are LE/premium related. But both AVLE and METLE are great games; it's whether you can look past the babysitting or not.

Quoted from Don1:

Honestly though, my favorite part? That it has the band members voices...

Pretty much agree; but they could have just stuck with sparky and snake for call outs and leave the musicians for what they do best...music!

Quoted from Rarehero:

" LOLOlOLoLoLOloLLLOOOOlllllololol

Hey don't steal my line!

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Pretty much agree; but they could have just stuck with sparky and snake for call outs and leave the musicians for what they do best...music!

You can turn off the band voices and just leave Sparky & Snake. Once there are more of the Sparky/Snake clips in there, that might be the way to go. Although honestly, aside from a few Shittylars clips, most of the band clips are actually pretty good/funny. I'm partial to "Fry that mathafackaaaaah!" (not sure which guy is saying it tho).

#69 10 years ago

Without the band members then it becomes a tribute table, with them it's like you're backstage hanging out and shooting pinball with them standing there insulting and cheering you on. Maybe I was just a little starstruck, but you can't tell me every last one of you wouldn't want to have the real actors hired to do callouts in all the movie pins ever made so far.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-why-buy-avengers-prem-nib-avengers-le-blues/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.