WD11.jpg
WD10.jpg
WD7.jpg
WD9.jpg
WD8.jpg
WD5.jpg
#1 11 years ago

**Update**
Hey everyone, just wanted to drop a reminder about my Who Dunnit for sale. I will be attending Expo in Chicago on Friday and Saturday, and, seeing as how it's only a week away, I figured I'd bump the post. I can bring the machine along if a deal is in place. There are quite a few pictures in this thread, just scroll on down. Details are below. Thanks for looking!

Playfield is in great shape, elevator ramp is also in great shape. Slot machine reel mechanism is present and getting power, but currently not spinning. That does not affect game play, as the spin happens on the DMD as well. There are some posts below addressing that issue. Cab has some wear around the flipper buttons, plus a few scratches and dings. $1500. You can also see pics of the machine by clicking on my profile and looking under the game room photos. Shoot me a message if you're interested. Located in Omaha, NE and looking for local pickup. Game is also listed locally. Thanks!

WD1.jpgWD1.jpg WD2.jpgWD2.jpg WD3.jpgWD3.jpg

#2 11 years ago

Please sell to Hilton (whysnow).

#3 11 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Please sell to Hilton (whysnow).

+1

#4 11 years ago

I found one yesterday. Thanks for looking out for me guys.

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Was that the nice one in Texas from Marlboroa? If so, you will have one of the nicer WDs I have ever seen...

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Was that the nice one in Texas from Marlboroa? If so, you will have one of the nicer WDs I have ever seen...

Yes, It will be coming up from TX next month thanks to another Pinsider being VERY generous in helping with delivery! I am super pumped!

To get back on track...>>based on what I paid for the TX one, Pballer22's game is worth every penny of what he is asking based on condition. The slot step motor is apparentoy an easy fix and the motor is readily available if needed.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Congrats, sir!

#9 11 years ago

Haha...you've got some people in your corner, Whysnow! Yeah, I already contacted him about it prior to this post, so no worries there. And thanks for the kind words about the price, Why!

#10 11 years ago

I just sold a beautiful Who Dunnit to a fellow pinsider yesterday, whoever buys this one won't be disappointed! That game is responsible for getting the Peter Gunn theme permanently stuck in my head.

#11 11 years ago

If you hold onto it until next april, I'd be interested. I am on the trail of a x-files and after that I need to hybernate until the spring so my bank account can recover.

#12 11 years ago

You entertaining trades? or just looking for a straight up sale? Thx!

#13 11 years ago

Good luck.

Like may people are thinking now, I got the cash in my hand, if only it was closer!

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I can sleep in the bedroom again instead of on the floor in front of my W?D

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Found one before me...well played sir. Congrats

#16 11 years ago

Thanks for the responses. Not entertaining trades, actually downsizing the arcade, but I appreciate the offer. Which, that also means I'm not sure I can hold onto it until April...haha!

#17 11 years ago

Pballer22, It may help open up your pool of potential buyers...

I thought you said you may be entertaining the idea of traveling to Chicago for Expo???

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I may still come steal it from you 2 lovely ladies is always better than one...

#19 11 years ago

Yeah, it's still up in the air if I'll be going, so I didn't want to throw that out there just yet. Thanks for the tip, though!

And hey, if you're going for 2, why not 3?

#21 11 years ago

Shipping for this? I had a machine deal fell through for me today.

#22 11 years ago

PM responded to.

#23 11 years ago

More pics.

WD5.jpgWD5.jpg WD8.jpgWD8.jpg WD9.jpgWD9.jpg

#24 11 years ago

Last ones.

WD7.jpgWD7.jpg WD10.jpgWD10.jpg WD11.jpgWD11.jpg

#25 11 years ago

**Update**
Had some interest, but no deal in place, so dropping the price to $1500. You can see pics in the thread or by clicking on my profile and looking under the game room photos. Shoot me a message if you're interested. Located in Omaha, NE and hoping for local pickup...or I will be attending Expo in Chicago on Friday and Saturday and can bring the machine along if a deal is in place. Game is also listed locally. Thanks!

#26 11 years ago

Good price and it looks like a great game! Too bad I can't make it down there! Just missed a W?D up here for that same price a couple months back.

#27 11 years ago

Whats up with the Slot machine reels and is that a difficult/expensive fix? I just have no idea, never seen one except once in a bar and they didn't work either.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from DrStarkweather:

Whats up with the Slot machine reels and is that a difficult/expensive fix? I just have no idea, never seen one except once in a bar and they didn't work either.

It uses the same motor as the spider-wheel in Scared Stiff. It's not a super-cheap motor ($60?), and Who Dunnit uses three of them. (One for each reel).

The fact that they are ALL not working leads me to believe its something else, though.

Who knows, though. Nice game regardless...One of my wife's favorites.

Pete

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from DrStarkweather:

Yeah, from stuff I've read it's possibly the $40-$60 stepper, metal shavings getting magnetized (which just requires a cleaning, air blower), or replacing the IC chips on the reel boards, which can be bought from RadioShack for like $10. I know for a fact the optos work.

As it doesn't affect the gameplay, I've never really taken the time to look into it.

#30 11 years ago

I've disassembled and cleaned the motors before. It's not difficult to do. Rumor has it the same motors are used in old 5.25" disk drives.

$1500 is an amazing deal for that machine. If the physical slot reels don't work, it doesn't affect gameplay at all. The reels are also reflected on the DMD and the mechanical ones can be disabled in settings, but they should be easy to fix and probably don't require replacement.

#31 11 years ago

If I were you, I'd bring the game to expo and put a price of $2-2.5k on it. I bet you'll sell it once people play it and realize how awesome it is. W?D is better than Cactus Canyon, Champion Pub and most other late-model B/W games. Plus, the software is perfect, music is amazing... it's one of my favorite games.. it's a lot like BSD in that the ruleset isn't deep but it's challenging to line up certain game objectives (bumping up jackpot amount during multiball, collecting equipment, then solving cases).

On top of that, this is a very low production machine. Very rare. It's odd to see them for sale at all.

#32 11 years ago

Thanks, PinballHelp. I can't go to Expo for the entire time, and from what I've read, if you bring a machine it has to be there the whole time. Maybe I'm wrong about that.

I agree...great game! I am just downsizing a bit and needed to sell off a couple machines to pull off the upgrade/downsize.

2 weeks later
#33 11 years ago

Update bump. Check the top of the post for the update. Thanks!

#34 11 years ago

Mine arrives today and I paid way more (esp with shipping).

Someone should buy this! Free delivery to expo and a likely easy fix for the slot machine!

#35 11 years ago

I just bought a NASCAR or I would be all over this.

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Mine arrives today

lmk if you need help moving it in!

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

lmk if you need help moving it in!

plan on it. I have to pick it up in the terminal at Rockford at 5pm. I will call you on the way back to see if you can help unload after dinner.

sorry for the tread jack/but you get another bump

#38 11 years ago

fun machine, good luck

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from PBaller22:

Thanks, PinballHelp. I can't go to Expo for the entire time, and from what I've read, if you bring a machine it has to be there the whole time. Maybe I'm wrong about that.
I agree...great game! I am just downsizing a bit and needed to sell off a couple machines to pull off the upgrade/downsize.

You can do as you wish with your game at expo. I believe the only caveat is you only get reimbursed for each day you leave the game setup for that entire "day".

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

sorry for the tread jack/but you get another bump

No worries...I'll take it!

Quoted from turbo20lbs:

You can do as you wish with your game at expo. I believe the only caveat is you only get reimbursed for each day you leave the game setup for that entire "day".

Thanks turbo...didn't know that so I might consider bringing it along.

#41 11 years ago

Anyone driving from Expo to Allentown, PA that can bring this with them?

Chris

#42 11 years ago

Wish this was closer to me....

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Wish this was closer to me....

for probably $250 or less you can get it insured and shipped terminal to terminal if pballer is willing to package and put it on a pallet. I pick mine up in 2 hours and will report back with how it went.

#44 11 years ago

I am pretty sure if you get it to expo, and get some help fixing the reels it will be gone before you leave. Seems like a nice game at a fair price.

#45 11 years ago

PM sent

#47 11 years ago

Thanks everyone for the inquiries. The sale is pending. Those of you who have contacted me via PM, I'll keep you posted about the sale. Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Sussex, WI
$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucaipa, CA
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 37.50
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Washington, NJ
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-who-dunnit-wd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.