20130918_093532.jpg
20130918_211102_(1).jpg
20130918_211009.jpg
20130918_211123.jpg
20130918_211251.jpg
20130918_093157.jpg
20130918_093233.jpg
20130918_093344.jpg
There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 10 years ago

This White Water pinball machine is in very nice condition. I have been informed that is has only been in the homes of collectors. It originally was owned by an employee of Williams and eventually made its way out to California over the years.

All of the boards are number matching

The playfield is very nice with no wear in the usual areas that adds to the fact this is a low play machine.

The main body of the cabinet looks beautiful with no major dings, dents or scratches. The sides of the backbox has some touchup on the edges and the back of the backbox has some imperfections.

Topper is in great condition

$5500

Evan
714-612-6020

20130918_093344.jpg20130918_093344.jpg20130918_093233.jpg20130918_093233.jpg20130918_093157.jpg20130918_093157.jpg20130918_211251.jpg20130918_211251.jpg20130918_211123.jpg20130918_211123.jpg 20130918_211009.jpg20130918_211009.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Sweet. Trade 'ya!

#3 10 years ago

here are more pics

20130918_093248.jpg20130918_093248.jpg20130918_093628.jpg20130918_093628.jpg20130918_093122.jpg20130918_093122.jpg20130918_093403.jpg20130918_093403.jpg20130918_093532.jpg20130918_093532.jpg20130918_211102_(1).jpg20130918_211102_(1).jpg

#4 10 years ago

Damn, are WH20s really going for north of $5k now? Hard to keep track of which games have stars that are rising like that I guess.

#5 10 years ago

This one needs the greatest mod in pinball: the gold tooth mod!

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Damn, are WH20s really going for north of $5k now? Hard to keep track of which games have stars that are rising like that I guess.

Really???

#7 10 years ago

Really??? You buying it or what?

#8 10 years ago

Can I touch it?

#9 10 years ago

solid title to buy right now and that one looks pretty dang nice.
I'm hoping to make a trade for one soon.
GLWS

#10 10 years ago

Looks nice! Best of luck with your sale.

#11 10 years ago

nice shape, great game! fair price GLWS

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Pin Flipper...

#13 10 years ago

Yeah, no $#!7, but still, to flip something people have to be willing to buy it. I had no clue you could even ask this much for a WH2O. North of $4k I guess I knew, but damn.

#15 10 years ago

I was supposed to buy this pin for 4000,but this flipper got it.Then put it up for sale for 5800 a day later.Greed is what's pushing the prices up

Post edited by TigerLaw25 : Minor edit of derogatory term

#16 10 years ago

I have seen a few for sale on Craigslist lately for around $4000.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from rvboarder:

I was supposed to buy this pin for 4000,but this flipper got it.Then put it up for sale for 5800 a day later.Greed is what's pushing the prices up

Yeah, see, that's just too much. I'd pay $4k for this (max!), I really would, but not $5800. To me that's buying at the peak, and then pushing it way past it.

I don't mean to be a dick in someone's sale thread, especially right in my backyard, but it just seems like this is too much. Especially if it went up a day later, let's not pretend any real work was put into it. That's just buying high and selling higher.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yeah, see, that's just too much. I'd pay $4k for this (max!), I really would, but not $5800. To me that's buying at the peak, and then pushing it way past it.I don't mean to be a dick in someone's sale thread, especially right in my backyard, but it just seems like this is too much. Especially if it went up a day later, let's not pretend any real work was put into it. That's just buying high and selling higher.

You are not being a dick. I paid what the seller wanted and it is a nice example. I have a line on a big bang bar and this will help me get there. Thanks for looking

#19 10 years ago

It just keeps getting better!

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It just keeps getting better!

That weather in the Inland Empire makes some guys crazy

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from surfsidedetail:

You are not being a dick.

Well I'm glad you don't think so, because with the way pinball circles down here work I'm sure I'll meet you someday, I know people who know you. So please don't take it personally, I'm just kinda shocked that we're hitting this kind of price on a title like WH2O, which is a cool game, but just doesn't strike me as commanding that price.

#22 10 years ago

The Empire Strikes Back?

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Well I'm glad you don't think so, because with the way pinball circles down here work I'm sure I'll meet you someday, I know people who know you. So please don't take it personally, I'm just kinda shocked that we're hitting this kind of price on a title like WH2O, which is a cool game, but just doesn't strike me as commanding that price.

Its all good hope to meet you sometime and talk pinball

#24 10 years ago

Both are nice guys.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Both are nice guys.

So is it a jack daniels sactioned tournament @ your house tonight?

#26 10 years ago

Why not. Still half a big bottle left. I thought I just opened it? Well, that explains a lot.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Why not. Still half a big bottle left. I thought I just opened it? Well, that explains a lot.

I'm already too buzzed to drive to Fullerton.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Really??? You buying it or what?

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm just kinda shocked that we're hitting this kind of price on a title like WH2O, which is a cool game, but just doesn't strike me as commanding that price.

It doesn't.

Ironically, the Craig's List ad, if I remember correctly, described this as HUO. I credit the OP for not describing it that way, because the pictures show a nice pin, but not what I would think would be a HUO pin (even though it's possible if it was heavily played over the years in collectors homes).

#30 10 years ago

I missed this on CL. Damn things move fast these days.

#31 10 years ago

I would've jumped on this for $4k too, even $4500 if it was extra nice, possibly even $5k max if it was a super cherry CQ example. Over $5k, or lesser condition, I'm out. WH2O sure is a great game. #1 on my short list.

#32 10 years ago

On the east coast, wh20 are pushing the 5k envelop

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

That just strikes me as crazy. It's a cool little game, but it has zero theme appeal next to say MB or SS, and it's certainly not a deep game gameplay wise. It's a solid Williams/Bally title, with lots of ramps, but it's not "special".

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That just strikes me as crazy. It's a cool little game, but it has zero theme appeal next to say MB or SS, and it's certainly not a deep game gameplay wise. It's a solid Williams/Bally title, with lots of ramps, but it's not "special".

I like the theme, but what makes it special is the layout with the upper play field.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

To each his own. I've played SS and MB and can't say they're any better than WH2O. They're all great games, but no one stands out against the others. I am biased as I own a WH2O, but there's a reason I keep my WH2O in lieu of spending so much more for equal return.

#36 10 years ago

I would like to get the pin back in my collection,except Evan or Charles or Don or pinsidertrading or surfsidedetail will do anything to buy every pin advertised in Southern California on Craigs List.Then he raises the price and tries to sell them here or Ebay or MrPinball.

The weather wasn't bad this year.It only hit 115

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

So you would classify MB or SS as deep games? Ive had all 3 & wh2o will be the last one standing once i've traded off my MB. Its a great game with many cool shots.

#38 10 years ago

Looks like mine.

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Esp if you own them. Nice one just sold for 4k just 2 weeks ago in PA by a pinsider.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

So you would classify MB or SS as deep games? Ive had all 3 & wh2o will be the last one standing once i've traded off my MB. Its a great game with many cool shots.

No, SS and MB are definitely not deep games. They're lots of fun, but not "deep". But they just kill it with the theme. Universal monsters and Elvira are pretty much timeless and just lots of fun, even with the game off, just sitting there. Whitewater rafting? Not so much. The theme works great with the game, not slagging it, but it doesn't have that next-level appeal. If the money was equal, and I wasn't trying to flip it or worry about my resell value or anything I'd take either of those games over WH2O in a hearbeat. I have an EATPM though, I'm obviously into that kind of theme.

It's a solid game, it's fun, making the ball smack the glass is always a smile-bringer, I'm a fan of the designer (speaking of Scared Stiff) but I'd just never pay north of 4$k for it. And I'd expect a really nice example for that kind of money.

#41 10 years ago

RVBOARDER.....if they are really doing that I feel bad for all the pinball hobbyist out by you but it happens in many areas (including the DC area where I reside). Doing that is wrong in my opinion but nothing you can do (as long as people keep buying their pins they will keep trolling CL and looking for deals so they can "flip them"...it isn't illegal by any means...LOL...I just feel it doesn't help the hobby but I share this opinion almost by myself it seems). It amazes me that more pinsiders don't get annoy by that practice (or they are afraid to speak up).

Hang in there. I hope the day never comes when I have to make money that way.....it is wrong in my book but many on here do it and it amazes me that few get upset by it. So be it..."to each their own".

Watch how they bash me for this post....LOL.....but I do feel bad for you.....good luck finding a pin at a good price. I just pay market and move on I gave up trying to compete with the "flippers" in my area....they must have CL tied into their mobile device and get notified once a pinball posting pops up !!!

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'll disagree with you there just in theme and all that. Games have themes and they mean things to some people and not that much to others. Wh20 is a theme that means nothing to me but a great game. Shadow, which you own, is a horribly stupid movie but a good game.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from houseofpin:

they must have CL tied into their mobile device and get notified once a pinball posting pops up !!!

Targeted RSS feed through CL, it'll send new postings to your email before they even show up through a regular direct search on CL. You're welcome everyone

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Esp if you own them.

Yep, typical pump and dump activity on Pinside....

#45 10 years ago

Evan is performing a valuable service for many who spend too much time at work or with their family to snatch up games on Craigslist. He then makes them available to everyone on pinside in case it is a machine they are looking for, and he spends long hours and many miles driven to do this. He has sold me games for more than he paid and I have no problem with it because he went way out of his way to get machines that I wanted. To me that is a valuable service.

#46 10 years ago

Nibbles...thanks....I always would wonder how I was always 10 minutes late calling when the posting just came up !!! Always a day late and a dollar short.

I don't agree with the practice (nor would I do it) of offering the seller more then the asking price if they have an offer. HOWEVER, if I knew the person who beat me (which I would never know so that is why I would never do this) was a "flipper" I would pay market price just so they would not get the game. I figure I was going to pay it anyway so why not pay it directly to the seller and at least hurt a "flipper" in the process. However, you never know if a true hobbyist was the one who "finally got lucky" and landed the pin so that is the only reason when I would call and they would say "it sold" I just would say "thank you" and hang up the phone.

I am pretty much done with my collection but when I was buying like crazy to fill up my collection it would have been nice to have that targeted RSS feed as the only games I ever landed were the ones advertised and "fairly priced" which I was fine with but it would have been nice to get a great deal once and awhile (everyone likes a good deal). Like the saying goes "god only gives us what we need" and I guess he knew I didn't need a good deal....LOL !!!!

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'll disagree with you there just in theme and all that. Games have themes and they mean things to some people and not that much to others. Wh20 is a theme that means nothing to me but a great game. Shadow, which you own, is a horribly stupid movie but a good game.

You're right, to each their own, I certainly don't want to speak for everyone.

Shadow wasn't a great movie, but the theme itself is still solid. It's a classic, that just happened to have a so-so movie built on it. It's like Batman, some attempts work, some fail, but the character is still rad. Anyone who's been paying attention knows what I think of Alec Baldwin on the translite, and I've got 70+ Pinsiders who agree with me. (New test print should be here Monday I hope!)

Anyways, it's all love, if someone wants to pay this price who am I to argue? If I'd seen the original CL listing maybe I would have snatched it up at that original price myself, but who can beat these guys at the spot-the-deal-on-CL game???

#48 10 years ago

Aurich.....look at the bright side we can't beat them "at the spot-the-deal-on-CL game" but at least this isn't the wild west and buying pins isn't a gun fight because they are so fast on the draw they would have killed us many times....at least in this "battle" we only lose a pin....LOL !!! I can deal with that...lucky I wasn't born during the time when they used to have gun battles....I would have been the "slowest draw" like I always was when I tried to answer a CL ad for a good pin deal !!! I finally gave up anytime I saw a good deal on CL and just concentrated on the "fair deals" as I knew my competition wasn't nearly as great !!!

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Evan is performing a valuable service for many who spend too much time at work or with their family to snatch up games on Craigslist. He then makes them available to everyone on pinside in case it is a machine they are looking for, and he spends long hours and many miles driven to do this. He has sold me games for more than he paid and I have no problem with it because he went way out of his way to get machines that I wanted. To me that is a valuable service.

I provided the valuable service of turning you on to pinside and look at the monster you have become

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
$ 12.95
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,250 (OBO)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-white-water-wh20-pinball-machine-nice and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.