For Sale – White Water - $3,900 in West Chester, PA
Cash sale ; prefer pick up so you can see it before you buy it.
I purchased this pin February, 2005. Kept in a climate controlled, non-smoking, sunlight-free environment since purchased.
Reason for sale – First pin I ever bought ; family and I played it a lot ; now it doesn’t get played much and we would like something different. And I must confess I am finally over the sentimental feeling “I can’t or will never sell the first pin I ever bought”
Over time I bought and installed the following new parts – which still look great in my opinion. See pictures for details and to form your own opinion :
New coin door (no coin mechs) – door is PERFECT
Flipper buttons (I intentionally went with 2 different colors) ; what can I say – thought it was fun
Sanded and painted the inside of the cabinet (about 98% was sanded) – still looks good and clean inside
Custom price/game play cards - really sharp colors and writing
New Ramps (3) from Pinball Inc – Upper to lower, Whirlpool, and Bigfoot ramp
New Flasher covers (blue)
New star posts (not all - 15+)
New green lock targets
New Topper Dome – looks great
Topper is present and works perfectly ; Topper foil does have a wrinkle in it
New plastics – slingshots and whirlpool
New legs and casters
New ramp decals installed for all ramps
Rebuilt the flippers – they are still strong and crisp
Replaced the skid boards on the back along with the white slider “buttons”
New playfield glass
New “H” trim to hold the translight
Mountains have no cracks/chips and look great
Recent upgrades :
Brand new DMD (not color) – it is PERFECT. Not many plays since purchase. It is beautiful, crisp and bright.
New battery holder put on the board by Ray Brackins of Wide Area Repair in the past month with new lithium non-leak batteries.
New balls put into machine in the past month.
I have 2 new head decals that I will include with the sale.
THE AESTHETICALLY DISPLEASING
1) The factory mylar was nasty when I bought the pin. When I removed the factory mylar using the heat and goo-gone method – 3 inserts on the lower pf lost some “clear”. I have pictures of those inserts included. Does not impact game play whatsoever and in my opinion they don’t catch your eye when you are playing. Rest of lower pf looks very nice (check pics) as does the upper PF except for a spot mentioned below.
2) Typical Lost Mine wear spot. I have a decal for this area I will include in the sale.
3) Cabinet sides have some fade but not too bad. Also has some nicks. I think the cabinet sides look very good overall.
4) One flipper button area has no wear on the cabinet ; the other does (as seen in pics)
5) Head decals have marks and nicks. I am including head decals with purchase
6) Cabinet back – I painted the entire back (blue and black sections) and inside of the head of the cabinet. I only left the “English” version of the warning on the back. I’m including this in the Displeasing section because I know some folks will not like this.
It looks nice in my opinion. See pic.
7) There is the typical divot where VUK puts the ball from lower to upper pf – I have mylar on it now but a cliffy exists that can be purchased and that’s the better option
7A) The upper pf has a typical wear line from where the ball rolls from the VUK part way to the upper right flipper. This is common on most White Waters that have original upper pfs.
9) Cabinet / legs – there is decal dings/marks where the legs touch the cabinet. Will absolutely be fully covered by leg protectors ; I took pictures without protectors on so you could see what it looks like without them.
10) Small scratch on the translight – barely noticeable. I had my son read this for sale ad to see if I missed anything before posting it and he never noticed the scratch – in 9 years.
I may have missed some GOOD and I may have missed some DISPLEASING ; My goal is to be forthright so you do not waste your time. My apologies if I have missed something important.
This game plays great ; there is no credit dot. Only credit dot I can recall getting in the past few years is when I don’t go thru Bigfoot’s cave for a while (you get there during Bigfoot Hotfoot). If the switch isn’t hit in a while the credit dot appears. This game has played great for the family.
Pictures at the link below. Please click on each picture and a lot more detail will show. I used TinyURL to shrink it down. The link will take you to Photobucket.com
West Chester, PA
michaelgeib @ comcast.net