IMAG1960.jpg
IMAG1961.jpg
IMAG1958.jpg
IMAG1959.jpg
IMAG1956.jpg
IMAG1955.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Long story short:
I'm selling this because the theme is a sensitive one for my Wife. I am firm on price so don't bother with lower offers.

The good:
New CPR playfield
New plastics
New ramps
New topper and blade
Nice original cab
Full LEDs (all CT and Noflix Plus)
LED OCD installed
Custom Lit topper
I guess it could be called a partial restore.

The bad:
Some marks and scuffs on the cab.
The lower right sling light socket was being flaky in the pics. Easy fix.
The Playfield was a CPR second and the "shoot again" insert had some black run in the CC.

IMAG1943.jpgIMAG1943.jpg

IMAG1944.jpgIMAG1944.jpgIMAG1945.jpgIMAG1945.jpgIMAG1946.jpgIMAG1946.jpg

IMAG1948.jpgIMAG1948.jpg
IMAG1950.jpgIMAG1950.jpg
IMAG1951.jpgIMAG1951.jpg
IMAG1952.jpgIMAG1952.jpg
IMAG1953.jpgIMAG1953.jpg
IMAG1954.jpgIMAG1954.jpg
IMAG1955.jpgIMAG1955.jpg
IMAG1956.jpgIMAG1956.jpg
IMAG1958.jpgIMAG1958.jpg
IMAG1959.jpgIMAG1959.jpg
IMAG1960.jpgIMAG1960.jpg
IMAG1961.jpgIMAG1961.jpg
IMAG1962.jpgIMAG1962.jpg

#2 9 years ago

Gorgeous.

I think ww and taxi, with new cpr pfs are worth this price tag

#3 9 years ago

Damn that's a nice looking WW. GLWS. Wish I had the cash!

#4 9 years ago

Nice game - too bad the cab isn't done as well. Tempted to buy this one and sell the one I have to restore.

#5 9 years ago

Eh cab looks pretty damn good to me!

#6 9 years ago

I would have given my left nut to get a CPR playfield for my game. Weeks of calls and begging and no one wanted to sell me one, even some dudes that have them just sitting around, not in games. ...

#7 9 years ago

Have had a few questions:
Boards are all original and in good shape. There are enough scratches and nicks on the cab that if you were going to fully restore it they would need to be addressed. I will add pics of the boards and under the pf/inside of cab later. The coin door, lock bar assembly, and legs are not restored either.

#8 9 years ago

Hougie your WW looks great! I absolutely love mine and it's a top game for me. I think your price is really good for the condition and the new playfield, it's a huge deal honestly. Good luck, and hopefully soon somebody is going to get a great example of one of the best williams put out their doors

Ryan

#9 9 years ago

I should also mention that I will be looking for a TAF to replace this. If you have one for trade I would add the cash. Players/decent condition would be preferable.

#10 9 years ago

Nice. GLWS.

#11 9 years ago

How much restoration was done under the pf?

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

How much restoration was done under the pf?

Honestly, not much. I replaced what needed to be and polished metal parts by hand. I didn't replace coil wrappers. I switched the right two flippers to WPC style springs but the left one it's snappy as is and I left it alone. I didn't give the wiring harnesses a bath but wiped them down by hand.

I have had several PMs about shipping but I would much rather work out a cash in hand/pickup deal. If something doesn't work out in that fashion I will offer the game to the interested in the order of received PMs.

#13 9 years ago

Pics of the underside of playfield/cab and the boards. The boards are all original. The red wires are the wiring for the topper lights.
IMAG1963.jpgIMAG1963.jpgIMAG1964.jpgIMAG1964.jpgIMAG1966.jpgIMAG1966.jpgIMAG1967.jpgIMAG1967.jpgIMAG1968.jpgIMAG1968.jpgIMAG1968.jpgIMAG1968.jpgIMAG1969.jpgIMAG1969.jpgIMAG1970.jpgIMAG1970.jpgIMAG1971.jpgIMAG1971.jpg

#14 9 years ago

I saw that price and thought what? But after reading your description and saw the pictures, I think this is more than fairly priced. This is one beautiful WW. GL!

#15 9 years ago

I'll understand if you don't answer, but why is this a sensitive pin for your wife?

#16 9 years ago

Nice looking machine, wish you were closer.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

I'll understand if you don't answer, but why is this a sensitive pin for your wife?

Covered in another thread.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Covered in another thread.

I just saw the other thread Thanks!

They have a WW at the Pinball Museum in Seattle. Fun pin. Hope yours finds a new home.

#19 9 years ago

Trade bump!
I am pretty set on TAF but would also be interested in other trades +/- cash as appropriate. Maybe a Taxi and Pinbot.. Ideas?

#20 9 years ago

Wow, that's a great looking Whirlwind!

#21 9 years ago

Man, i want this game but don't have the 10 hours drive in me. I guess i need to familiarize myself with the Indiana map a bit better. You're a lot further from me than i thought!

#22 9 years ago

Dave I'm willing to help you with transport if you really want the game, Hougie is a great guy, let me know!

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

I went back and read the older thread,I sort of figured it was due to
first hand experience with a twister.What's funny is when are home
was totally destroyed I brought a WW to kind of say f$$k you when
we rebuilt My wife and I still play WW 8 years later long winded bump

#24 9 years ago

Bump for a very nice game. Good luck on the trade/sale

#25 9 years ago

looks nice, glws. fun pin!

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Dave I'm willing to help you with transport if you really want the game, Hougie is a great guy, let me know!

That's mighty nice of you but I need to see stuff before I buy. No offense to anyone. I am funny that way. Really appreciate that offer, though.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I went back and read the older thread,I sort of figured it was due to
first hand experience with a Twister.What's funny is when are home
was totally destroyed I brought a WW to kind of say f$$k you when
we rebuilt My wife and I still play WW 8 years later long winded bump

Yeah different strokes

My wife and I were out of town and her dad's farm equipment and buildings were trashed. Basically his lifes work and many of her childhood memories. The whole theme just doesn't sit well with her. She says she is fine with us keeping it but she can't play it. I'd rather her enjoy pinball when we play. I think TAF would be a nice replacement or I'm open to other games. We shall see what unfolds. I'll prob keep it if I don't get a cash and grab sale or a good trade.

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Tom, you have to be one of the best guys in the hobby. Or at least in our corner of the Midwest!

#29 9 years ago

Good deal for sure with the new pf!

#30 9 years ago

Trade bump. Still hoping for TAF but I could go for a restored Taxi.

#31 9 years ago

I could also be convinced to go for a players IJ.

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Trade bump. Still hoping for TAF but I could go for a restored Taxi.

There is a SWEET restored Taxi with CPR PF in Pennsylvania for sale right now. Asking $3000, same as your asking price. GLWS/T. If you wanted a sweet T2, let me know…..

#33 9 years ago

I'd say that is a fair trade for a players IJ. Thats what I was going to aim for when I buy a new cabinet for my WW

#34 9 years ago

It's been a while since I've seen a Williams IJ go for $3k... are we talking about a Stern?

#35 9 years ago

Some lucky guy gets to avoid a 40-hour playfield swap.
Nice work, and great price. I have more than $3k in mine, and I've just started the swap.

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from cburnett11:

It's been a while since I've seen a Williams IJ go for $3k... are we talking about a Stern?

I've seen worn down IJ go for about $4k, so its not too far off. a WW with CPR pf, new ramps, etc can get $3500 ish give or take a few hundred

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from cburnett11:

I'm not looking for an even trade on IJ (Williams) or TAF. Taxi fully restored, maybe. Otherwise, plus cash. I'm open to other options +/- cash like I mentioned above.

#38 9 years ago

Trade pending.

#39 9 years ago

Good deal Hougie. That is a sweet looking WW someone is going to get. You know you still have that invite for you and the Mrs. to come over and play my TAF to see if she would like it.

#40 9 years ago

Well, this will have to do. IMAG1984.jpgIMAG1984.jpg

#41 9 years ago

Congrats! One of these days I'll have to come over and play your collection... and when I get my basement more presentable, I'd be happy to have you over to play mine.

#42 9 years ago

So who got the WW? I was late to the game, been searching for a WW and will keep my eyes peeled when yours shows up again ... I hope

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

So who got the WW? I was late to the game, been searching for a WW and will keep my eyes peeled when yours shows up again ... I hope

Me too!

#44 9 years ago

A pinsider near ST. Louis.

#45 9 years ago

Congrats! Pretty cool you were able to trade for wishlist machines on both sides.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greenwood, IN
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-whirlwind-3000-louisville-ky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.