IMG_5313.JPG
IMG_5316.JPG
IMG_5315.JPG
IMG_5314.JPG
IMG_5310.JPG
IMG_5317.JPG
IMG_5319.JPG
#1 10 years ago

Game is fully shopped out. I'd say a little better than avg condition. There is very little playfield wear. There was some wear on the outer edge of the spinner wheels so I installed the spinner overlay decal. It's about 1/4" on the edge and goes all the way around each spinner. Ramps are original, clean but are a little ghosted. Entrance to the left ramp is cracked but has a cliffy to protect it from further damage. Cliffy's are also installed at both lower VUKs. Cabinet is pretty nice a few dings etc, but looks very nice.

There are a few plastics cracked, or broken. Notably the left and right slings, and piece directly above the drop targets.

More Stuff:
Rottendog Displays installed
New flipper bats, bushings and links
LED Gi lighting
Game plays error free
Topper with fan is installed and works
Spinner motor works properly
Spinner Decals installed
IMG_5319.JPGIMG_5319.JPG
IMG_5317.JPGIMG_5317.JPG IMG_5310.JPGIMG_5310.JPG IMG_5314.JPGIMG_5314.JPG IMG_5315.JPGIMG_5315.JPG IMG_5316.JPGIMG_5316.JPG

#2 10 years ago

More Pics

IMG_5313.JPGIMG_5313.JPG IMG_5312.JPGIMG_5312.JPG IMG_5311.JPGIMG_5311.JPG

#3 10 years ago

Sold !!!! Maybe haha do I ship?

#4 10 years ago

Local people will be first, then I can deal with possibly shipping, but only if buyer uses NAVL / similar shipper.

#5 10 years ago

Awwwwww sucks I want one of these so bad haha.

#6 10 years ago

U were mentioned in a pm the other day but I was to dumb to find u on here. A guy said he sold u his whirlwind to check with u if I wanted one.

#7 10 years ago

GLWS!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#8 10 years ago

I am interested too

#9 10 years ago

OK you see this a lot but for realsy's this time, wish I was closer, want me a whirlwind!

#10 10 years ago

I too wish that I was closer.

#11 10 years ago

Good price on a Whirlwind!!

#12 10 years ago

I'd be interested but you're just too far away. GLWS!

#13 10 years ago

Game is sold

#14 10 years ago

doh!!!
haha, happy for somebody

#15 10 years ago

Congrats on sale!

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

doh!!!
haha, happy for somebody

You are a very bad liar

#17 10 years ago

CT long way from KY. Won't last long.

#18 10 years ago

Bundy always has nice priced games. Think he should change is FS posts though to local sale only. Little. Bit of a prick tease for those out of state. When you reply he's nice but waits for local sale. Totally sellers prerogative but prefer post local sale first then open it up. Candy in front of hungry 8)kids is just wrong.

#19 10 years ago

Wow, still don't see why this title gets so much. My Taxi in similar shape was only $900.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Wow, still don't see why this title gets so much. My Taxi in similar shape was only $900.

Damn, I can't find a Taxi anywhere less than 18!

#21 10 years ago

What don't you get about Whirlwind?
The awesome Millions Plus jackpots that were so much better than the system 11 community jackpots of the times?
One of the sweeter Lawlor layouts with an array of shots. Very satisfying left ramp.
Excellent topper and spinning discs. One of the earlier wizard modes. Youssi art.

Taxi is enjoyable, but it is no Whirlwind.

Quoted from wayout440:

#22 10 years ago

Taxi, I saw a taxi for 800.00 on CL about 2 months ago. It was a project but still. I didn't have the money at the time
But there out there.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Bundy always has nice priced games. Think he should change is FS posts though to local sale only. Little. Bit of a prick tease for those out of state. When you reply he's nice but waits for local sale. Totally sellers prerogative but prefer post local sale first then open it up. Candy in front of hungry 8)kids is just wrong.

Just FYI the reason I try for local sales first is I got burned 3 times in a row with shipping games in the last 6 months. The buyer sends money. I cash and clear the check and shipping is scheduled when I get a call saying they found the same game closer. I then have to cancel shipping, refund the money. During this time I had local sales available but told them it was sold. When I contacted the local people letting them know it was back up for sale they had already moved on. I also have to sweat it that NAVL or other shipper doesn't damage the machine, and that the buyer is happy as they have not seen it in person. It's impossible to show every corner of a machine in pictures. Once in awhile I dont see that the flux capacitor in the far back corner buried under a piece of plastic may have a bit of gunk on it, and then the buyer freaks out because I didn't disclose that before I shipped it.

I will ship my games, but I'd rather give about a week to the local crowd first. I have replied to the people with interest in shipping that, and I have them prioritized from first contact to last. For me that is the fairest way of handling that.

#24 10 years ago

That does make a lot of sense... I certainly understand your position.

#25 10 years ago

Congrats on the sale!

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from eabundy:

I will ship my games, but I'd rather give about a week to the local crowd first. I have replied to the people with interest in shipping that, and I have them prioritized from first contact to last. For me that is the fairest way of handling that.

Totally cool, not trying to bust your nut. Local sales are always preferred for the reasons you stated. Agreed.

Just suggest posting ads in header on pinside as local sale first then. You have really nice looking games that are fairly priced. Just painful from a potential buyer perspective to get all excited to reply first then be told need to wait for local sale - then miss out. Advertise local sale first, then change the ad after a week. That's my only suggestion. If shoe was on other foot think you could appreciate it sucks to miss out on great product. Best.

#27 10 years ago

What did it sell for?

#28 10 years ago

Congrats.

#29 10 years ago

Sorry to hear you've had so many hassles with shipping. I don't understand how someone can back out of a trade that way. As far as I can see that $$ is yours and all you need to do is ship the pin. Congrats on the sale.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from Newsom:

What don't you get about Whirlwind?
The awesome Millions Plus jackpots that were so much better than the system 11 community jackpots of the times?
One of the sweeter Lawlor layouts with an array of shots. Very satisfying left ramp.
Excellent topper and spinning discs. One of the earlier wizard modes. Youssi art.
Taxi is enjoyable, but it is no Whirlwind.

It's not that I don't like the game. Its a good game. Got a lot going for in gameplay/art/topper. It's still a Sys 11 era pin and I don't see why the premium is double. I think it's price is skewed high because of a few deep pocket buys, so people believe that's the what it is. If someone put one right in front of me now in that condition at that price, I'd just pass.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greenwood, IN
$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-whirlwind-1900 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.