New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 64344)

FS: Whirlwind $1,750

By brent149

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 77 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by dantebean
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 7 years ago
Quoted from Spybryon:

What do you think the market price is for a Whirlwind with a new CPR playfield installed? Assume everything else average condition.

I'll have about 2800 in mine when it's done - new cabinet decals, topper, translite, CPR playfield and plastics. I might add new ramps too, which would push me over 3k. With all the work involved in finishing this project, I wouldn't consider selling for under 4k. That probably means it's mine forever, but so be it.

#52 7 years ago

"You have to understand that I have 2 (or more) of everything we make, and I use these products to Trade against games that I want, Or I do trade product with Credit, or multiple products, but I use my products for "Trade" against games I want, which is why I pretty much don't "sell" stuff....except maybe the Centaur PF ..... "

hmm, I could use a new centaur playfield for my centaur

#53 7 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Has this sold yet? Who in the world is actually paying $1750 for a Whirlwind? This can't be real. Now someone else has DROPPED the price on a Whirlwind to 2K. It's an eighties system 11 people. $1500 K tops in great condition. There are over 7000 units and hardly rare.

I've gotta disagree with you on this. I want this game, and if the timing was right and the seller was local, I would be ALL over it, assuming the condition is as nice as I think.

This is a System 11 I would actually take over some B/W DMDs, personally.

#54 7 years ago

"You have to understand that I have 2 (or more) of everything we make, and I use these products to Trade against games that I want, Or I do trade product with Credit, or multiple products, but I use my products for "Trade" against games I want, which is why I pretty much don't "sell" stuff....except maybe the Centaur PF ..... "

hmm, I could use a new centaur playfield for my centaur

#55 7 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Has this sold yet? Who in the world is actually paying $1750 for a Whirlwind? This can't be real. Now someone else has DROPPED the price on a Whirlwind to 2K. It's an eighties system 11 people. $1500 K tops in great condition. There are over 7000 units and hardly rare.

Love the game and would love to own one but I totally agree. Maybe $1500+ for a shopped out DP example, but this one? Uh, no.

My best guess is that all of the "deal of the century" types are looking at the iphone pictures of this pin on their iphones, because on my 24" HD PC monitor, I'm seeing all kinds of issues. We've all seen what look like great pictures, then you see a pin in person and go "oh, crap".

There's a reason it hasn't sold, and if you don't understand why take off the blinders and look.

#56 7 years ago

Actually it did sell for asking price. Thanks for all the interest. You may see a lot of issues, but I sold one in worse shape than this about six months and and three people on standby if the seller backed out. That one sold for $1,800 to a fellow pinsider.

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from brent149:

Actually it did sell for asking price. Thanks for all the interest. You may see a lot of issues, but I sold one in worse shape than this about six months and and three people on standby if the seller backed out. That one sold for $1,800 to a fellow pinsider.

Congrats, then. Maybe all the bumping from our price talking helped!
Now, what game are you buying to take its place?

#58 7 years ago

Can someone please tell me why everyone takes pleasure in crapping on this guy's FS thread? Just because you personally don't like the price, or feel that it's "way too high"? It's just rude and inconsiderate! Have pin prices gone up a lot over the last few years? Absolutely they have. Do people post items at rediculous prices? Sure. But that's their option, in the end the market will bear out. If people want to pay the price, they will buy. If they don't, they won't and the buyer will adjust the price or not sell the item. I just see no point in giving attention to it.

Just my two cents.....which in pinball inflation is now worth about a dime.

#59 7 years ago

Totally agree

#60 7 years ago

I think it's a great price, and if it wasn't so much to get it to me, it would be gone.

Led's and new LED display at that price is great, no question.

I would love to work out a deal with this guy, but being in Canada, the end amount is just too high - no fault of his price though.

#61 7 years ago

It's not sold till the cash is in your hand! In the pinball world they are all liars until they are buyers!

#62 7 years ago
Quoted from t2:

It's not sold till the cash is in your hand! In the pinball world they are all liars until they are buyers!

I would say the opposite. People you know in the community are generally solid with their word. I'm sure anyone that knows me or has dealt with me knows they could bet the bank if I said "I'll take it". I would say the same about many people as well, machines or parts.

#63 7 years ago

Blah, Blah Blah!!! It looks like he had a buyer before that backed out and then relisted.

#64 7 years ago
Quoted from t2:

Blah, Blah Blah!!! It looks like he had a buyer before that backed out and then relisted.

You can blah blah all you want, but atomicboy is right. He's one of the good ones, and I would take him at his word. There are many others like that as well. Don't give up on humanity yet t2.

#65 7 years ago

Yeah I'm sure Atomicboy is a good guy. I hope his elbow doesn't hurt to much from patting himself on the back! I have seen alot of people back out of sales on this site so Blah, Blah, Blah to you Hitch 9.

#66 7 years ago
Quoted from dkazz1:

Just my two cents.....which in pinball inflation is now worth about a dime.

No, no , no, you got it all wrong.

Novus up those 2 cents, fix a few switches, and they are now worth 2.00$

#67 7 years ago

GLWS!

image.jpg

#68 7 years ago
Quoted from t2:

Yeah I'm sure Atomicboy is a good guy. I hope his elbow doesn't hurt to much from patting himself on the back! I have seen alot of people back out of sales on this site so Blah, Blah, Blah to you Hitch 9.

Wow, good luck with that attitude. Have a great weekend t2.

#69 7 years ago

I wish idiots would quit crapping on "for sale" threads! Can mods do something about that?

...Oh and bump for a great game at a fair price! GLWS!

#70 7 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Can mods do something about that

Actually the seller can.... http://pinside.com/pinball/market

At least the discussion is keeping his exposure maximized (good and bad).

Bump for the seller....

#71 7 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

I wish idiots would quit crapping on "for sale" threads! Can mods do something about that?

Not an idiot. This is a discussion thread. If the seller posts it everything is fair game. Condition, price, even past experiences good or bad with the seller. There is non-discussion Pinside marketplace, Ebay, CL or classifieds if the seller doesn't like the discussion.

Free bump for the seller.

#72 7 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Of course, for name calling - the mods can do something about.

#73 7 years ago

No ones hurting my feels guys. I appreciate the support from most but the 'price police' don't offend me, especially when they have far less knowledge of the market.

#74 7 years ago
Quoted from brent149:

No ones hurting my feels guys. I appreciate the support from most but the 'price police' don't offend me, especially when they have far less knowledge of the market.

I think it's an awesome price. Wish I lived closer. Bump for a great pin at a good price.

#75 7 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Has this sold yet? Who in the world is actually paying $1750 for a Whirlwind? $1500 K tops in great condition. There are over 7000 units and hardly rare.

People don't sell them because they are more than $1500 worth of fun. I'd make an offer if I hadn't just bought a taf. I actually like whirlwind better, can't find one although everyone else within 100 miles of me on pinside owns one. Lol

#76 7 years ago

Bump.

#77 7 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Not an idiot. This is a discussion thread. If the seller posts it everything is fair game. Condition, price, even past experiences good or bad with the seller. There is non-discussion Pinside marketplace, Ebay, CL or classifieds if the seller doesn't like the discussion.
Free bump for the seller.

Why are you price policing yet another thread? Are you trying to troll or you just don't want to do business on here with any seller? Start your own thread "Price check/police for WW or CFTBL." Your "discussion" isn't welcome in peoples for sale threads.

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside