(Topic ID: 92712)

FS: Wheel of fortune with special translite :)

By GAP

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Rick-harrison-pawn-stars.jpg
misogyny.jpg
67677467.jpg
More custom 051.JPG
More custom 050.JPG
More custom 049.JPG
More custom 046.JPG
More custom 047.JPG
More custom 053.JPG
More custom 048.JPG
TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#2 9 years ago

67677467.jpg67677467.jpg

That translite puzzle is difficult; whats the clue?

#3 9 years ago

This thread wreaks of desperation, chronic masturbation, and crying yourself to sleep every night.

#4 9 years ago

misogyny.jpgmisogyny.jpg

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from nhm:

This thread wreaks of desperation, chronic masturbation, and crying yourself to sleep every night.

Prob why I like it

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from nhm:

Actually, the thread doesn't "wreak" of anything. It "reeks" of being someone's FS post. And while I agree the translite is ridiculous, it's easily changed back for anyone looking for a WOF without gratuitous T&A.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from devlman:

Actually, the thread doesn't "wreak" of anything. It "reeks" of being someone's FS post. And while I agree the translite is ridiculous, it's easily changed back for anyone looking for a WOF without gratuitous T&A.

Yet we see so many people ask "Why don't more women play pinball?" I give you exhibit A. Horny 13yr olds are calling this tasteless, immature, and 100% misogynist (that's kind of like sexist if you don't know what it means).

Oh, and it clearly violates forum rules.

So yeah, it DOES reek.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from nhm:

Yet we see so many people ask "Why don't more women play pinball?" I give you exhibit A. Horny 13yr olds are calling this tasteless, immature, and 100% misogynist (that's kind of like sexist if you don't know what it means).
So yeah, it DOES reek.

I was primarily commenting on the misuse of the word; bad grammar and malapropisms are pet peeves of mine. At the same time, I this IS someone's FS thread and not really the place for a soapbox speech involving multiple posts. Start a new thread and have at all the misogynistic things in the pinball community and how they impact female would-be players. Or ask the op to remove the pic, or talk to the mods if it's a violation. Taking the high road will probably further your cause better than this....

#9 9 years ago

Lets get this puppy sold, I'll include the original translite, Original owner tacked it on a walls so it has tack holes.

#10 9 years ago

Actually the translite doesn't display misogynistic tendencies, it actually pro treys philogynistic traits. Before you start throwing around $10 words, pick up a dictionary.

Quoted from nhm:Yet we see so many people ask "Why don't more women play pinball?" I give you exhibit A. Horny 13yr olds are calling this tasteless, immature, and 100% misogynist (that's kind of like sexist if you don't know what it means).
So yeah, it DOES reek.

Actually the translite doesn't display misogynistic tendencies, it actually pro treys philogynistic traits. Before you start throwing around $10 words, pick up a dictionary.

Free bump

#11 9 years ago

I don't think Vanna ever looked that good!

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

I don't think Vanna ever had 1/2 of a Nerf football inserted under her skin.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from nhm:

I am guessing this was in a private collection, so that point is relatively moot.

#14 9 years ago

No nerf balls butt they were sweet when she posed for Pllayboy

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

Vanna is in her 50s and gets $4,000,000 usd a year to turn letters on a game show so she's doing something right

rd

#16 9 years ago

I'm at like 2500 on this.

Rick-harrison-pawn-stars.jpgRick-harrison-pawn-stars.jpg

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Vanna is in her 50s and gets $4,000,000 usd a year to turn letters on a Game Show so she's doing something right
rd

Really she gets paid to clap, walk back and forth, and make quips with Pat after the show. She doesn't even turn letters anymore! Hey, good work if you can get it!

#18 9 years ago

Personally I'm more irritated at the very obvious technical errors. The puzzle board would NEVER look like it does in the picture (there's never any per-line centering, only longest-line centering - you'll notice the game doesn't do this either ;P ), and that wheel. Where in God's green earth did that wheel get dug up from? So ugly and wrong in so many ways.

I also don't know if that's Vanna or not; been a long time IIRC since she's been in Playboy. Quick google search would seem to indicate not.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Personally I'm more irritated at the very obvious technical errors. The puzzle board would NEVER look like it does in the picture (there's never any per-line centering, only longest-line centering - you'll notice the game doesn't do this either ;P ), and that wheel. Where in God's green earth did that wheel get dug up from? So ugly and wrong in so many ways.

RIght? I love "buy a vowel" on the wheel, and the way words like "bankrupt," that clearly have a lot of letters, start out with 400pt font then taper down to, like, 12 pt. The damn "K" is like 7/8 of the way down! The laziness in this thing is way more offensive than the woman.

#20 9 years ago

Hey nhm, if you think that backglass is misogynistic, you have got A LOT to learn about the history of pinball backglass art!!

#21 9 years ago

I also don't know if that's Vanna or not

Whoever makes those translites just bought a CD ROM of isolated nude models or something is my guess. Sticks them on any game and calls it a day. This one isn't as hilariously inappropriate as the CSI one.

#22 9 years ago

I like WoF now!

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Whoever makes those translites just bought a CD ROM of isolated nude models or something is my guess. Sticks them on any game and calls it a day. This one isn't as hilariously inappropriate as the CSI one.

Inappropriate CSI Translite you say? Hmmm

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from devlman:

Start a new thread and have at all the misogynistic things in the pinball community and how they impact female would-be players.

Yeah we should probably have that thread because holy shit pinball has a proud tradition of being a cesspool of the worst.

#25 9 years ago

I don't get it, who does this? Doesn't even fit the theme of the game. It's like putting a naked Fiona on Shrek. (shit, now one of you asshats will do that)

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from xbloodgreenx:

I don't get it, who does this? Doesn't even fit the theme of the game. It's like putting a naked Fiona on Shrek. (shit, now one of you asshats will do that)

Aurich, this sounds like a challenge!

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from xbloodgreenx:

Ah yes, let the you young'ins have their fun. Some of us have simply matured more than others. The less mature people, farts and boobies are funny. Mmmmff, sorry about spit my coffee. Anyway farts....pfft, he he. And boobs pppphhhht, BWaa ha ha ......never mind.

#28 9 years ago

Was everyone too busy looking at the translite to notice Lonnie's head is missing? (see last pic)

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

Was everyone too busy looking at the translite to notice Lonnie's head is missing? (see last pic)

Totally missed that

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Totally missed that

It exploded when he saw the translite!

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from Keebler:

I guess he lost his mind.

Bump

#32 9 years ago

I'm surprised Keith Johnson didn't sign it as well. WOF is an awesome game. So different from any other game and so much fun.

#33 9 years ago

You say that as if I was asked and refused.

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

I'm surprised Keith Johnson didn't sign it as well. WOF is an awesome game. So different from any other game and so much fun.

That son of a.......

Oh.......Hi Keith.

#35 9 years ago

Keith

You are more than welcome to come out and sign it!

#36 9 years ago

LOL Sorry Keith, I didn't mean it as if you were asked and refused. I thought that it would've been signed at the factory. First Gary signed it, then Lonnie signed it and then they left you out and said, eh, forget Keith he doesn't have to sign it, just send it off to the customer.

As for WOF itself, it's a family favorite. Absolutely LOVE it! You guys did a great job on it. I even love the idea of putting you and Lonnie up on the translite too. People get to see what the actual designers of the game look like. I bet that's the first and only time that's ever been done on a machine. Super cool.

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

That son of a.......

Oh.......Hi Keith.

LOL Too funny Tom!

#38 9 years ago

Price drop $4300 shipped. I also put the original translite back in.

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Price drop $4300 shipped. I also put the original translite back in.

What about Lonnie's head? Did you put that back in?

5 years later
#41 3 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Lets get this puppy sold, I'll include the original translite, Original owner tacked it on a walls so it has tack holes.

Good afternoon,

Where would someone get one of These Custom art works? I want one on mine

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
5,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Suffern, NY
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

5,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-wheel-of-fortune-with-special-translite and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.