218-PFLatchClosed (resized).jpeg
217-TiltUp (resized).jpeg
216-Playfield (resized).jpeg
215-SpeakerPanel (resized).jpeg
214-PIN2DMD (resized).jpeg
213-BackboxSpeaker (resized).jpeg
212-FrenchCleat (resized).jpeg
211-Back (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TinyBlackDog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 4 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

FS: Virtual Pinball Machine w/ Tron Legacy Theme

Featured Ad

Added: 2019-11-13 04:27:25 UTC • Ended: November 19th, 2019
Condition: HUO - Documented (Home Used Only)

Price

$ 5,700 (OBO)

Open for offers

Update:

I created an overview video walking through the major features of the machine:

Play hundreds of authentic pinball machines “virtually” on a full-size cabinet with top-of-the-line hardware, all for the price of a single Stern Pro machine. Games are rendered in stunning 4K on the 43” playfield, real color LED DMD, and 32” back box monitor for interactive back glasses. Topped by a 14.9” ultra-widescreen dynamic “topper” display. Amazing audio system with 200W of power, 5.25” stereo speakers and enclosed 8” subwoofer. Feel the games with 3D positional surround sound based feedback, using four 25w exciters and two 50w bass shakers. Windows 10 based computer with AMD Ryzen 2600 CPU, Nvidia GTX 1070ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM and 1TB M.2 SSD. All brand new authentic pinball parts were used where possible. Custom designed laminated cabinet decals applied to sanded and painted sides.

Details:

* Custom CAD designed Williams wide body cabinet. CNC cut 3/4” Maple plywood and 1/2” MDF construction. Glued, screwed, sanded, painted, sanded, painted, color sanded.
* 43” 4K 60hz (Acer ET430K) playfield monitor (not TV). 32” 1080p (Viewsonic VX3276-MHD) back box monitor. PIN2DMD 128x32 Color LCD DMD. 14.9” 1280x390 topper display.
* Authentic pinball parts: Lockdown bar/receiver, legs, coin door (with lock and working service buttons, interlock switch, and coin mechs), side rails, shooter rod, buttons, leaf switches, glass trim, tilt bob. Tempered playfield and back box glass.
* Pinscape KL25Z based controller for buttons, analog plunger, and analog nudge sensors. LEDWIZ for RGB lighting controls.
* Dynamic RGB LED flipper and magna-save buttons (change color based on game). LED Start, Extra Ball, Launch and Coin Eject buttons.
* Game Audio: 50W+50W+100W 2.1 amp w/ 5.25” stereo speakers in back box and 8” 4 ohm subwoofer in 1 cu ft. sealed and damped enclosure in cabinet.
* Surround Sound Feedback: Two sets (front/rear): 50W+50W+100W 2.1 amp + two 25W exciters + 50w Bass Shaker. One set of these at the rear of the cabinet and one at the front. Hear and feel the ball rolling on the playfield and ramps - pop bumpers, slingshots, and flipper sounds and vibration are all positionally accurate.
* Custom designed 5-piece Tron Legacy laminated cabinet decals.
* Playfield monitor is on a rotating hinge that can be easily unlatched and removed from the cabinet. Back box monitor uses a “French cleat” system with latches for easy monitor removal. Custom cut painted plywood bezel surrounds the playfield monitor.
* Back box unlatches and folds down just like a real pinball machine. All interior parts are firmly secured so the machine can be moved easily.

I designed and built this system over a period of about 5 months earlier this year, and spared no expense when it came to parts, hardware, and attention to detail. This was a passion project and I never intended to sell this. However, I’ve decided that I need the space for other things so I am reluctantly putting it up for sale.

I will walk the buyer through all of the hardware and software configuration in detail. I’ve spent dozens of hours tweaking and tuning things to get them “just right”. I will show you how to use and configure the front end software, add and tweak new tables. It is completely turnkey - you will be able to just plug it in, turn it on, and enjoy.

I have provided EXTENSIVE photos and videos of the system in action on my Google Drive link below. Please review them and ask any additional questions. I’d be happy to invite you over to inspect and play the machine, and hope you will appreciate the immense effort that went into building it.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vxLnvaAAHdY_Rrnz8FL3xTT0G-vFXMLZ

Asking $5700 OBO.

Item photos

0-01-Indy-Full (resized).jpeg
0-02-Indy-Backbox (resized).jpeg
0-03-PinupPopper (resized).jpeg
101-RightSide (resized).jpeg
102-RightHead (resized).jpeg
103-LeftSide (resized).jpeg
104-LeftHead (resized).jpeg
105-Front (resized).jpeg
106-BackTop (resized).jpeg
107-BackBottom (resized).jpeg
108-BackOpen (resized).jpeg
109-PlayfieldBezel (resized).jpeg
110-BlueButtons (resized).jpeg
111-RedButtons (resized).jpeg
201-Front (resized).jpeg
202-Front (resized).jpeg
203-Front (resized).jpeg
204-Side (resized).jpeg
205-Side (resized).jpeg
206-Subwoofer (resized).jpeg
207-SSFAmps (resized).jpeg
208-AudioAmp (resized).jpeg
209-CoinDoors (resized).jpeg
210-Motherboard (resized).jpeg
211-Back (resized).jpeg
212-FrenchCleat (resized).jpeg
213-BackboxSpeaker (resized).jpeg
214-PIN2DMD (resized).jpeg
215-SpeakerPanel (resized).jpeg
216-Playfield (resized).jpeg
217-TiltUp (resized).jpeg
218-PFLatchClosed (resized).jpeg
219-PFLatchOpen (resized).jpeg
220-PFMonitor (resized).jpeg
317-TOTAN-Genie (resized).jpeg
318-TOTAN-Lamp (resized).jpeg
319-TOTAN-LeftRear (resized).jpeg
320-TOTAN-RightFront (resized).jpeg
321-HP-Dragon (resized).jpeg
322-HP-Flippers (resized).jpeg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are TinyBlackDog's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to TinyBlackDog's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Roswell, GA, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 138.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

#3 4 years ago

Thanks. My wife thinks I’m crazy to be selling it so soon after spending my entire spring and summer consumed with building it. I need the space for more real pins and am going to try my hand at VR Virtual Pinball instead to complement my real ones.

For a full size cabinet build, this one is pretty loaded.

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Can we see a shooter lane pic?

LOL

I actually built this after owning pins for over 20 years because I wanted to experience all of the many machines I'll never see, let alone own. Of course it is not the same as playing the real thing, but it is pretty darn close. 3D head tracked displays would be amazing if they didn't have so many downsides. VR is really cool but probably not ready for primetime for several more years (resolution, FOV, weight, price).

#8 4 years ago

Thanks Brad. Your decals were super easy to apply and came out awesome! And thanks of course to Stuzza for the amazing artwork.

#10 4 years ago

I'd really rather not, unless that trade is for a JP Premium (plus cash of course)

#12 4 years ago

I totally did, and was originally heading that direction with a standard body cabinet and routed channels along the sides. I decided against it after research since it would require pulling the monitor out the back to do any maintenance. Also the bezels on monitors today are so narrow that when you decease them they become very flimsy.

I’m pretty happy with the 43” 16x9. I generally adjust all my tables to crop part of the bottom apron off to keep the aspect ratio as close to 1 : 1 as possible. Some people just stretch to fit which throws everything off in my opinion. I have a Bally AFM right next to this and have used it to dial in my POV settings and make them as close to real as possible.

VPX has some amazing physics. Dead Flips, drop catches, live catches, post passes - all possible on a properly tuned table with the latest physics settings.

#15 4 years ago

I didn’t go with discrete feedback devices like contactors and solenoids - I went with Surround Sound Feedback. This uses 4 evenly spaced exciters and 2 bass shakers to playback positional table sounds and feedback - they actually sound like they are coming from the correct location on the playfield. This includes flippers, slings, pops, VUKs, ball rolling, gears, etc.

It is pretty awesome. Metal habitrails are my favorite (like on STTNG)- they sound SO realistic!

More details: https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/welcome-to-the-new-ssf-surround-sound-feedback-forum-2/

#17 4 years ago

There are some in my Google Drive linked in the ad above. I’m not terribly happy with how they came out and they got converted to 1080p. I’m going to make a couple more in the morning and link them in 4K tomorrow.

Stay tuned!

#18 4 years ago

I’m still working on my 4K gameplay videos (YouTube won’t post them above 480p) but in the meantime here is a video I put together walking through all the features of the machine. Hopefully you’ll find it informative and help to pull it all together:

#19 4 years ago

Here are a couple of videos showing what the front end software looks like. These are the Modern Williams and Modern Stern playlists.

#20 4 years ago

And here are a couple of gameplay videos from TOTAN and TAF. Please forgive the crappy play - it is tough to do when you've got a phone wedged under your chin filming

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TinyBlackDog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-virtual-pinball-machine-w-tron-legacy-theme?tu=TinyBlackDog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.