(Topic ID: 105105)

FS: Very Nice Indianapolis 500 in SoCal (SOLD)

By RobT

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 143 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by eggbert52
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ElFarolito.jpg
buyI500now.png
th-805.jpeg
pup2.jpg
Bellbeefer.jpg
mark_hernandez_pomona_menu.jpg
mump_1101_02_+ford_1967_mustang_gt_fastback+_rear_right_quarter.jpg
th-186.jpeg
dog-eats-burrito-in-1-second_3225362_GIFSoup.com.gif
th-2-292.jpeg
shay-laren-showing-off.gif
kate-upton-gangsta-dance.gif
133744.gif
how-does-one-get-this-job.gif
Aatg8gJ.gif
thenug-ne5CHO1T7y.gif
There are 143 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 9 years ago
Quoted from Multiball1:

What the heck is the purpose of living in the same country as the OP if I don't have a distinct advantage you? 6,518 miles for $300? What gives?

Well, it takes him two months to get it ...

#102 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Well, it takes him two months to get it ...

This is right. But I have a few to play while I wait, so no crisis ....

Actually, express shipping on a ship from Los Angeles to Auckland is only 10 days. So maybe quicker than what NAVL would take to get a pin across the USA.

But mine take longer as I'm in no rush whatsoever. Longer = cheaper. As long as they show up some time, and they're in one piece, I'm sweet with that.

rd

#103 9 years ago

Any solid bites yet?

Brainstorming

#104 9 years ago

wow, lots of talk on here since I posted. 32 new posts since I was here.

#105 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You should have just pulled the sticker off the mis-matched one. Or maybe it just fell off.

th-186.jpeg 9 KB

No, I am not defending the buyer who backed out , the above is a gross joke and if a buyer wants matching boards so be it. To ridicule so you can be cool in rob t's eyes is lame.

That's why there are collectors and there are flippers and everything in between.

Cool game and the right buyer will find it. There is an expo attendee looking for one.

#106 9 years ago

So my brainstorm is...if you can find some one who has a CSI, and they want a I500...I think something can be done. Because I want a CSI.

#107 9 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

There is an expo attendee looking for one.

Which Expo? Chicago?

#108 9 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

That's why there are collectors and there are flippers and everything in between. Cool game and the right buyer will find it.

I agree with you Mark .... all types, their money...their right to be picky about what they want.

With that being said, like Rob I still find it interesting that someone who is ok with reproduction decals, and clearly knew that upfront, would be a stickler about matching boards.

#109 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Yup...your lookin at $500

Kramer, you would do great on the 'Price is Right'.....close enough to the price, but not a penny over.
NAVL quote from CA to NY with $3500 of insurance is
$513

#110 9 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

the above is a gross joke and if a buyer wants matching boards so be it. To ridicule so you can be cool in rob t's eyes is lame.

It's a joke, lighten up. There was absolutely no seriousness in Odin's post. If he was actually serious, sure, that's a dik move but he wasn't.

#111 9 years ago
Quoted from Multiball1:

With that being said, like Rob I still find it interesting that someone who is ok with reproduction decals, and clearly knew that upfront, would be a stickler about matching boards.

That's the part that I find perplexing as well. I can somewhat understand the sticker issue. It's not something that ever mattered to me, but I get that some people are really anal about that sort of thing. But you would think that if they were that type of collector, they would want the game to be all original.

#112 9 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

To ridicule so you can be cool in rob t's eyes is lame.

I guess I'll have to find a new angle.

#113 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

wow, lots of talk on here since I posted. 32 new posts since I was here.

And I've received 4 PMs on the pin since then too. I guess your recommendation to lower the price was correct.

#114 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

And I've received 4 PMs on the pin since then too. I guess your recommendation to lower the price was correct.

If you lower the price to $2999 (not saying you should) you'll have guys offering you more $$ to hold it.

#115 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Hey, let's not forget those who are constantly bumping your thread to the top with stupid postings about shipping costs, how Auckland has some shipping cartel killing U.S. advantage, matching boards, etc....... As a kid I was always one of those people who constantly needed to be told what a great job they did.

#116 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

If you lower the price to $2999 (not saying you should) you'll have guys offering you more $$ to hold it.

I think you are right!

Quoted from Multiball1:

Hey, let's not forget those who are constantly bumping your thread to the top with stupid postings about shipping costs, how Auckland has some shipping cartel killing U.S. advantage, matching boards, etc....... As a kid I was always one of those people who constantly needed to be told what a great job they did.

#117 9 years ago
Quoted from Multiball1:

with stupid postings

Don't forget about the Naugles comeback!
Booyah(!!!) crotchety SoCal residents, we might just get our baby back!!!
Thanks Mike for the Fountain Valley lead (that happened on the 11th btw... ) which allowed me to find some of the pics from that night.
$12 entry for two ORIGINAL classic menu items sounded pretty fair, especially after seeing that thick red sauce being poured into tiny cups. (see slideshow from here)
http://blogs.ocweekly.com/stickaforkinit/2014/10/naugles_is_back.php
If and when the next secret Naugles meet up happens, RobT should buy since we've been pumping his thread so much!
I'm hoping for some Macho Nachos and an Ortega Burger to be added next time!

Funny about the comments underneath too O-din... Several Pup 'N' Taco devotees as well!

Here is another article to shed some light on why this is happening...
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/naugles-638486-taco-ziebarth.html

#118 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Which Expo? Chicago?

yes

#119 9 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

If and when the next secret Naugles meet up happens, RobT should buy since we've been pumping his thread so much!

You got it!

#120 9 years ago

That NimblePin always makes me want to eat.

http://www.octhen.com/2010/02/remembering-pup-n-taco.html

#121 9 years ago
Quoted from Multiball1:

Don't forget Burritos.

Very nice machine, should be gobbled up soon.

dog-eats-burrito-in-1-second_3225362_GIFSoup.com.gifdog-eats-burrito-in-1-second_3225362_GIFSoup.com.gif

#122 9 years ago
Quoted from Multiball1:

Hey, let's not forget those who are constantly bumping your thread to the top with stupid postings about shipping costs, how Auckland has some shipping cartel killing U.S. advantage, matching boards, etc......

Hey, at least it's better than posting about how much dope you smoke in that other thread.

rd.

#123 9 years ago

Surely there must have been some other reason we used to end up at Naugles at one o' clock in the morning back in the day.

#124 9 years ago

Another classic from my youth:
mark_hernandez_pomona_menu.jpgmark_hernandez_pomona_menu.jpg

#125 9 years ago

Dude, I used to work there. Paper hat and all.

#126 9 years ago
Quoted from NM:

Don't forget Burritos.
Very nice machine, should be gobbled up soon.

that one's coming up later bump

#127 9 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Macho Nachos and an Ortega Burger

FTW! They put those tasty little diced green chilies on everything!

#128 9 years ago

Is this the thread of what's for dinner, honey?

#129 9 years ago

Anyone remember the Taco Bell Bellbeefer?Bellbeefer.jpgBellbeefer.jpg

#130 9 years ago
Quoted from mikeincali:

Anyone remember the Taco Bell Bellbeefer?

Bellbeefer.jpg 31 KB

Yep. And I also remember coupons. Lots of coupons.
pup2.jpgpup2.jpg

#131 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yep. And I also remember coupons. Lots of coupons.

pup2.jpg 261 KB

I left those coupons under the seat of my mustang about 35 years ago

#132 9 years ago

Those fries were the bomb. They were the same Frispos Carls Jr. used to use in a crinkle cut shape. Nowadays I think Del Taco has the best fast food fries. And they are still the same as they were way back in the day.

#133 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

And their agent will be by to pick it up. They will send your a check with extra for your troubles.... .... ...

#134 9 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Is this the thread of what's for dinner, honey?

Well sex didn't work, so now what else can we try?

th-805.jpegth-805.jpeg

#135 9 years ago

Bump for a clean looking fun game.

#136 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

so now what else can we try?

I could always add a comment or two...

#137 9 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I could always add a comment or two...

#138 9 years ago

we can try this...
buyI500now.pngbuyI500now.png

#139 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

we can try this...

buyI500now.png 138 KB

That did the trick!

Game has been picked up by the new owner. Very happy to have a local sale go through!

It was a fun thread.

#140 9 years ago

Congrats....I knew someone would be unable to resist puppies and kitties

#141 9 years ago

Congrats Rob! +1 for a very cool pinsider!!
But does that mean no more old school fast food talk??

#142 9 years ago

Can we eat now?
ElFarolito.jpgElFarolito.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 17.50
Hardware
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

€ 17.50
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.96
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 37.50
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

There are 143 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-very-nice-indianapolis-500-in-socal/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.