(Topic ID: 105105)

FS: Very Nice Indianapolis 500 in SoCal (SOLD)

By RobT

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 143 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by eggbert52
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ElFarolito.jpg
buyI500now.png
th-805.jpeg
pup2.jpg
Bellbeefer.jpg
mark_hernandez_pomona_menu.jpg
mump_1101_02_+ford_1967_mustang_gt_fastback+_rear_right_quarter.jpg
th-186.jpeg
dog-eats-burrito-in-1-second_3225362_GIFSoup.com.gif
th-2-292.jpeg
shay-laren-showing-off.gif
kate-upton-gangsta-dance.gif
133744.gif
how-does-one-get-this-job.gif
Aatg8gJ.gif
thenug-ne5CHO1T7y.gif
There are 143 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Ah, gotcha. Tilts are to be used on things such as this. Not inappropriate or censorship. People can set their tilt rating high like me and basically never even notice.
Nice game by the way.

Unless it's a pic of women's camel toes. Then you get kicked off the thread for a bit. I can vouch for this.

#52 9 years ago

Let's get this game sold to get the man a TWD. Season premiere night bump.

#53 9 years ago

Also, GLWTS RobT

#54 9 years ago

Bump....

....wish I was closer

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Bump....
....wish I was closer

I'll tell you what, if you decide to buy it, I will bite the bullet and make the long ass trip out to your neck of the woods in order to deliver this baby to you in person!

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Gweempose needs to get a life. If he thinks his kids are at risk on a little pinball site then he clearly isn't seeing the big picture.

Quoted from eggbert52:

But, the Tilter in question is a moderator!!! That's CENSORSHIP.

Dude, you need to relax. Seriously, why are you being so caustic lately? All I did was appropriately make use of the tilt feature. You're acting like you're brand new to the site, and have no clue what the tilt feature is or why it was implemented. It's not censorship in any way, shape or form. The gifs are all still there. They are simply hidden from people who don't want them visible at work or in front of their kids. Everyone has the ability to set their own tilt threshold.

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Dude, you need to relax. Seriously, why are you being so caustic lately? All I did was appropriately make use of the tilt feature. You're acting like you're brand new to the site, and have no clue what the tilt feature is or why it was implemented. It's not censorship in any way, shape or form. The gifs are all still there. They are simply hidden from people who don't want them visible at work or in front of their kids. Everyone has the ability to set their own tilt threshold.

Nah he's just acting like himself. You aren't really shocked are you???

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Seriously, why are you being so caustic lately?

Eggs can do that to you if you eat enough of them in one sitting, especially in a 2lb breakfast burrito!

Quoted from smassa:

Nah he's just acting like himself.

Yup, but seeing that cherry I500 makes up for it though! *bump*bump*

#59 9 years ago

the machine looks fantastic too bad you're on the wrong coast good luck with the sale

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

a 2lb breakfast burrito!

Mmmm.... burrito.
th-2-292.jpegth-2-292.jpeg

#61 9 years ago

Really surprised this game is still available. Certainly seems priced well for one in this condition. Fast game too.

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Really surprised this game is still available. Certainly seems priced well for one in this condition. Fast game too.

That makes two of us.

This is the longest I've ever had a pin for sale.

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

That makes two of us.

I told you I'd make a trade with my TronLE. I know, that's so last year......

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Um, hello, no video?

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Really surprised this game is still available.

Quoted from RobT:

That makes two of us.

That makes three of us. A rare game, in nice shape, at a fair price. You don't see that very often ...

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

That makes two of us.

If I lived near you I'd see if we could work a deal on my AVLE. I500 is a cool game.

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

If I lived near you I'd see if we could work a deal on my AVLE. I500 is a cool game.

That is too bad because I would definitely consider that trade.

Quoted from Aurich:

Um, hello, no video?

You might be on to something there!

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

And they were offered in two different colors.

i believe you are correct on that.

#69 9 years ago

O-din is that the Pepes on Ball Rd? Sure looks like it..

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from JTSIV:

O-din is that the Pepes on Ball Rd? Sure looks like it..

It is the Pepe's on Placentia in Fullerton. Formerly a Naugles.

#71 9 years ago

All this talk about food is making me feel like buying a really nice I500

</jedimindtrick>

#72 9 years ago

Keep lowering the price until you hit the magic number and i'm sure it won't be on here for long.

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Keep lowering the price until you hit the magic number and i'm sure it won't be on here for long.

The thing is that I haven't had any interest other than one single person who was set to buy it then backed out because the boards don't match. Yes, because the boards don't match. The pin has new decals and that's all fine and dandy, but those damn boards not matching is a DEAL BREAKER!

My point being if someone was interested in the pin they could make an offer. Or ask for my bottom dollar price, etc. Nobody is doing that, so I don't really feel like I should just keep lowering the price.

That said:

Price drop bump!

Now asking $3200.00

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

one single person who was set to buy it then backed out because the boards don't match.

screw that guy and anyone that looks like him. lol. that is friggin' lamesauce. it's a b title (sorry) pinball machine not a hemicuda convertible.

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

but those damn boards not matching is a DEAL BREAKER!

You should have just pulled the sticker off the mis-matched one. Or maybe it just fell off.

Quoted from RobT:

All this talk about food

th-186.jpegth-186.jpeg

#76 9 years ago

About the pricing - and I know its a combination of lots if things,including arbitrariness - but if this were a JM or a DH in the same condition, $2k would be a more realistic price. For a Congo or a Shadow, I guess $3K. IJ, minimum of $4K. I won't argue that I500 is probably in the $3k territory....but why? What is I500 specific reputation and what are the key facts that make it $3k as opposed to 2 or 4 (or more).

I know I've always enjoyed it when I've played it, but I'm the moron who loves Avengers.

Bump.

#77 9 years ago

For a Congo or a Shadow, I guess $3K. IJ, minimum of $4K. I won't argue that I500 is probably in the $3k territory....but why? What is I500 specific reputation and what are the key facts that make it $3k as opposed to 2 or 4 (or more).

Like Congo, I500 is a rare game. They only made 2,249 of them. In comparison, they made over 4,200 Shadows. On top of that, most of them are badly faded. The ramps are also frequently cracked, and they are unobtanium. Most importantly, it's a damn fun game! The rules are solid, and it's got cool music and great custom callouts. It's the total package. The only reason the game isn't more popular is because a lot of people have never played one. I can't tell you how many times someone has come over to my house, played I500 for the first time, and said, "That's a damn fun game!"

#78 9 years ago

About the pricing - and I know its a combination of lots if things,including arbitrariness - but if this were a JM or a DH in the same condition, $2k would be a more realistic price. For a Congo or a Shadow, I guess $3K. IJ, minimum of $4K. I won't argue that I500 is probably in the $3k territory....but why? What is I500 specific reputation and what are the key facts that make it $3k as opposed to 2 or 4 (or more).

It's relatively rare. They made almost twice as many Shadows for instance. It's not really a "licensed" title, in that it's not based on a movie property. So the artwork and theme is more original, just based on a real world thing.

Add that to it being a cool game and it will command a little more.

Edit: damnit gweempose

#81 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It is the Pepe's on Placentia in Fullerton. Formerly a Naugles.

Naugles was the best. I'm having high school flashbacks. '67 Mustang. Naugles drive-thru.

#82 9 years ago

My shadow sat for 3 weeks at a similar price in the same geographical area with no interest, then out of the blue I had 3 interested parties within 12 hours of each other....Just chill and a buyer will come along, its a great looking machine at a fair price...

#83 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

My Shadow sat for 3 weeks at a similar price in the same geographical area with no interest, then out of the blue I had 3 interested parties within 12 hours of each other....Just chill and a buyer will come along, its a great looking machine at a fair price...

Yep I hear ya.

I'm just not used to it. Almost all of my pins have been sold within 3 days of posting on average. Most pins I sell are pretty nice and this I500 is no exception and I try to price them right as well. I'm already at a price where I'll be losing money on this one, which isn't unusual either.

#84 9 years ago

10 days isn't too bad so far...

Just bad timing is all I'm sure it'll sell
Game has wicked flow just wish the wizard mode was better

#85 9 years ago
Quoted from mikeincali:

Naugles was the best. I'm having high school flashbacks. '67 Mustang. Naugles drive-thru.

Now yer talkin!
mump_1101_02_+ford_1967_mustang_gt_fastback+_rear_right_quarter.jpgmump_1101_02_+ford_1967_mustang_gt_fastback+_rear_right_quarter.jpg

#86 9 years ago

O-din-NAUGLES, YUMMMMM!!! They may be coming back, I read someplace that either last weekend or this weekend they are having a Naugles reunion of sorts with authentic Naugles food. I believe its being held in Fountain Valley. Its a $50 buy in.... We are somewhat neighbors, I work in Anaheim..

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's relatively rare. They made almost twice as many Shadows for instance. It's not really a "licensed" title, in that it's not based on a movie property. So the artwork and theme is more original, just based on a real world thing.
Add that to it being a cool game and it will command a little more.
Edit: damnit gweempose

It's absoluely a mainstream licensed title, IMS most vigorously protects their license as much if not more than any movie property. In addition, you possibly have the added IP's of Bobby Unser, Paul Page (who unfortunately sucks as a commentator) and former IMS icon Tom Carnegie .

I remember being in Phoenix for the F1 race in 1994-1995 and they had 8 of these NIB being unpacked and lined up in a sports bar downtown. I remember it being a drain beast back then as it is now.

I've had mine since 1999 in the PNW and I would pick this one up in a heartbeat at this price and put it in my vacation home in Phoenix. (Can you hold it till mid-November when I swing down I-5)?

Post edited by GGG: typo

#88 9 years ago

Oh crap, PM sent...this is such a nice pin

#89 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Dude, you need to relax. Seriously, why are you being so caustic lately?

I had to re-check the time of this post to make sure I wasn't in a thread from 2 years ago.

BUMP

#90 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The thing is that I haven't had any interest other than one single person who was set to buy it then backed out because the boards don't match. Yes, because the boards don't match. The pin has new decals and that's all fine and dandy, but those damn boards not matching is a DEAL BREAKER!
My point being if someone was interested in the pin they could make an offer. Or ask for my bottom dollar price, etc. Nobody is doing that, so I don't really feel like I should just keep lowering the price

Ok then! $2500!

Winnerrrrrrrrrr!

PS I couldn't give a f*cking **** if the boards match or not. Never have I heard something so silly.

rd.

#91 9 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Oh crap, PM sent...this is such a nice pin

Take it Cleland! Trust me, at that price, and your close proximity...........

In case he doesn't, Rob what is your zip code? I'll call NAVL tomorrow and see how bad the damage is to get it to New York.

Kramer, I don't have to tell you how damaging increased shipping costs are becoming in buying a pin cross country.

#92 9 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

PS I couldn't give a f*cking **** if the boards match or not. Never have I heard something so silly.

rd.

That's what I thought too, but I figure if some people care about that stuff then I should disclose it here.

The pin plays solid as a rock.

Quoted from Multiball1:

In case he doesn't, Rob what is your zip code? I'll call NAVL tomorrow and see how bad the damage is to get it to New York.
Kramer, I don't have to tell you how damaging increased shipping costs are becoming in buying a pin cross country.

PM sent.

#93 9 years ago
Quoted from Multiball1:

Yup...your lookin at $500

#94 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Yep ... the road freight for a trip like that is MORE than the seafreight to get a machine to New Zealand.

I can land a machine here for less than $500 bucks.

rd

#95 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I paid NAVL $460 this month to ship a pin from Illinois to New York, that's only 800 miles.

While $500 is $500, the lower the price of the pin the more it hurts... If that makes sense

#96 9 years ago
Quoted from Multiball1:

I paid NAVL $460 this month to ship a pin from Illinois to New York, that's only 800 miles.
While $500 is $500, the lower the price of the pin the more it hurts... If that makes sense

I just got one from Los Angeles to Auckland for $300 USD ... thats only 10,490 kilometres ...

rd

#97 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Yep I hear ya.
I'm just not used to it. Almost all of my pins have been sold within 3 days of posting on average. Most pins I sell are pretty nice and this I500 is no exception and I try to price them right as well. I'm already at a price where I'll be losing money on this one, which isn't unusual either.

I hear you.

I've had a real nice DM for sale for weeks and no takers.

Like you, I usually can get games sold within a few days.

Weird.

#98 9 years ago

Even if you have to pay $500 to have it shipped, it's worth it if you really want the game. Like I said before, really nice I500's like this aren't easy to come by. I looked for a nice one for a really long time before ultimately having one shipped from Texas.

#99 9 years ago
Quoted from Multiball1:

Stop stealing our local pins!!!

Quoted from rotordave:

I don't get it either. I had a potential buyer once ask me that on a minty game I was selling. I looked at him and said "out of curiosity why does it matter - sincerely don't get it". He wanted everything original. I told him well I guess no deal then, I changed the rubbers and some light bulbs. He didn't think that was funny. But I did so that's all that matters.

#100 9 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I just got one from Los Angeles to Auckland for $300 USD ... thats only 10,490 kilometres ...
rd

What the heck is the purpose of living in the same country as the OP if I don't have a distinct advantage you? 6,518 miles for $300? What gives?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Boards
PinSound

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 17.50
Hardware
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Charlotte, NC
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

€ 17.50
$ 54.96
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 143 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-very-nice-indianapolis-500-in-socal/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.