Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Crash
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

h_back.JPG
    h_on.JPG
    h_off.JPG
    g_back.JPG
    g_on.JPG
    g_off.JPG
    f_back.JPG
    f_on.JPG
    f_off.JPG
    e_back.JPG
    e_on.JPG
    e_off.JPG
    d_back.JPG
    d_on.JPG
    d_off.JPG
    c_back.JPG

#1 10 years ago

I've got eight used 128x32 dot matrix displays that have been displaced from machines that were upgraded to ColorDMD. A couple of them have the 3M microlouver filters on them if you're looking for a non-glare plug-and-play solution. One has a red gel installed and would look great in AFM, SS, etc. All of the gels/filters are removable should you now want that option.

All prices include shipping in the continental US. I prefer not to ship internationally at this time but will consider it in a couple of weeks if I still have any. As a point of reference, new displays are about $175-$250, 3M filters are $40+.

I'll update this top post as items are sold. Pictures for each display below.

(edit - all of the pictures show a column out on the display - that's just the scrolling bar during the test mode. All rows and columns work, with the exception of Display B)

A - Dale, slight burn-in - SOLD
    B - Babcock, some burn-in, 1 row out, might be fixable - SOLD
    C - Cherry - some burn-in, slight fading in lower right corner - SOLD
    D - Cherry - TAF logo burn-in visible when off, otherwise nice - SOLD
    E - Cherry - 3M microlouver installed, looks great - SOLD
    F - Babcock - red gel filter installed, looks great - SOLD
    G - Cherry - 3M microlouver installed, looks great - SOLD
    H - Dale - looks and works like new - SOLD

#2 10 years ago

A - Dale, slight burn-in (SOLD)

a_off.JPGa_off.JPG a_on.JPGa_on.JPG a_back.JPGa_back.JPG

#3 10 years ago

B - Babcock, some burn-in, 1 row out, might be fixable - SOLD

b_off.JPGb_off.JPG b_on.JPGb_on.JPG b_back.JPGb_back.JPG

#4 10 years ago

C - Cherry - some burn-in, slight fading in lower right corner - SOLD

c_off.JPGc_off.JPG c_n.JPGc_n.JPG c_back.JPGc_back.JPG

#5 10 years ago

D - Cherry - TAF logo burn-in visible when off, otherwise nice - SOLD

d_off.JPGd_off.JPG d_on.JPGd_on.JPG d_back.JPGd_back.JPG

#6 10 years ago

E - Cherry - 3M microlouver installed, looks great - SOLD

e_off.JPGe_off.JPG e_on.JPGe_on.JPG e_back.JPGe_back.JPG

#7 10 years ago

F - Babcock - red gel filter installed, looks great - SOLD

f_off.JPGf_off.JPG f_on.JPGf_on.JPG f_back.JPGf_back.JPG

#8 10 years ago

G - Cherry - 3M microlouver installed, looks great - SOLD

g_off.JPGg_off.JPG g_on.JPGg_on.JPG g_back.JPGg_back.JPG

#9 10 years ago

H - Dale - looks and works like new - SOLD

h_off.JPGh_off.JPG h_on.JPGh_on.JPG h_back.JPGh_back.JPG

#10 10 years ago

Can I ask a dumb question please? Is that vertical line out in all of them scrolling test bar?

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from Stack15:

Can I ask a dumb question please? Is that vertical line out in all of them scrolling test bar?

Not a dumb question - I was actually thinking of noting that in the first post (which I will do now) . The answer is yes, that's the scrolling test bar. None of them have a column out, only Display B has a row missing.

Hard to photograph with the display 100% on!

#12 10 years ago

Thanks... I'm going to checkout all my displays. I'm kind of interested in the line out one too... I have fixed vertical lines out in the past. I never tried a horizontal one but it couldn't be THAT different.

#13 10 years ago

PM sent for F

#15 10 years ago

PM sent for E or G

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from Stack15:

Thanks... I'm going to checkout all my displays. I'm kind of interested in the line out one too... I have fixed vertical lines out in the past. I never tried a horizontal one but it couldn't be THAT different.

It's not that different. Usually a bad/loose connection at the glass. I've fixed both in the past. Now I'm just too lazy to try it any more!

#17 10 years ago

I'd like to clear out the remaining few displays. I'm open to offers on one or all that's left.

#18 10 years ago

I got mine installed over the weekend, and it looks great!!! Thanks a bunch Robert!!! A++ seller with fast shipping

#19 10 years ago

I'm glad they've been useful to those that have purchased.

Mulling over offers for the remaining few left.

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from Spidey171:

I got mine installed over the weekend, and it looks great!!! Thanks a bunch Robert!!! A++ seller with fast shipping

+1 Red dmd looks great in my new Scared Stiff. Robert your the man- can't believe how fast it got here- think like two days from Cali- to Mich. Wow- thanks again. Only regret was I should of bought another (great deal- all the way around).

#21 10 years ago

Robert, since you have edited your posts after these sold, I can't see how much you sold them for. I have one from my MM that I'd like to sell, just not sure what it is worth?

#22 10 years ago

Yes, they have all been sold. RobT, I've PM'd you.

#23 10 years ago

I am in the same situation as Robert. I have two extras that function perfectly (one from STTNG and other from WH20) and one with an irregular top horizontal line (extra from a TOTAN). I'd appreciate knowing what these are worth since there doesn't seem to be any point in hanging onto them. Thanks!

#24 10 years ago

Robin can we have a central/sticky thread where people can put their old DMDs up for sale after upgrading their games to ColorDMD?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-used-dmd-garage-sale and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.